Malifaux

Malifaux thread? Is anyone else looking forwards to the new masters and the alternative Lucas at Gencon?

How come these generals never get any posts? Don't people play malifaux?
I realky want to get into the game, and I like the look of the gremlins. Are they any good/fun to play with?

Malifaux simply isn't all that popular. There's a lot of Love it or hate it about the game and there's very little room for middle ground.

That fucking orangutan.

I really want to see the rest of Sandeep's card. He seems interesting, but it all comes down to what he and in turn what his crew can do.

Malifaux is legitimately one of the most popular games at my FLGS, certainly more so than Battletech and Infinity which have 24/7 generals. The lack of list building is what probably keeps the game from being discussed thoroughly here, and people don't seem to really care about the fluff as much, as nice as the short stories in the rulebooks are. I would certainly say that there is more to it than your standard one off skirmish game as 100% of the models are hard plastic.

i just want to know where i can get the gremlin cards for stilts and liquid courage so i dont have to buy an 18$ pack for 2 cards :|

You can get the packs for $8 on Ebay, but otherwise you are out of luck when it comes to the cards. My hope is that a larger bits seller picks up Malifaux and sells the cards individually so I can get them easily along with other pieces like the pimp parasoul in the OP picture.

does the factions arsenal deck include all upgrades? i thought that was just int hat generalist pack

I am hoping for something that synergizes with other Academic models. Stacking some Oxfordian Mages into his crew wold be tons of fun.

Yes, the arsenal boxes have all the upgrades and stat cards.

I know they said he'll be buddies with gamins.

The alt McCabe for those who didn't see it

looks great, whens that come out?

Sold at Gencon on August 4, and will probably pop up a couple more times lik on the Wyrd webstore on black friday.

Are there limits for how many enforcers, henchmen, masters, ect. you can hire in one crew other than SS cost?

They allow photocopies at least for legal play for the 1st and 2nd edition changes. You could print it off if you have the rulebooks digitally.

>Iggy Pup
Damnit.

I hear gremlins are really fun but the amount you have to buy is one of the more pricey side. You can bring a lot to a fight and they have a good damage output but as a counter they tend to blow themselves up a lot.

You can get by with Ophelia's and So'mer's crew boxes and have a good base model pool with a lot of shooting power.

Masters are one per crew outside of some silly formats, but the rest are as many as you can afford.

How's this look as a core build?

23/50ss Crew

Hamelin -- 1ss
+The Piper - 2ss
+The Plague - 2ss
Nix - 8ss
+Infectious Melodies - 1ss
Obedient Wretch - 4ss
Rat Catcher - 6ss

Stolen and Rats can easily be summoned.

Any tips on playing Collodi?

You might be better off hiring 3 rats instead of the catcher. I've heard a lot of Hamelin players use the following chain as a way to waste their opponent's actions.

>move 3 rats
>have the wretch throw spawn a rat at one of the rats
>activate the newly spawned rat which creates a rat king
>gnaw a scheme marketer if you can with the king
>sacrifice the king and get a new rat + catcher