Help me name my new sword I just got in D&D guys. Its ebony black and was forged from a magic gem. I'm a sorcerer btw

Help me name my new sword I just got in D&D guys. Its ebony black and was forged from a magic gem. I'm a sorcerer btw.

Stonehewn

Dogdick

>The Cutting Edge of Sorcery

The Sword.

BBC(Big Black Cinquedea/Cutlass/Changdao/Chisakatana/Chokutō/Curtana/Claymore)

Stormbringer

Gonna do this, my sorcerer is using a lot of lightning magic

Huh. Reinstalling Thief.

Starless ?

Mr. Slicey.

The Blacksword

OG Mudbone

>Sorcerer
>using a sword
Wait what.

It's so foes don't target him first for being a wizard.

One of magical things about is that anybody can use it no matter what proficiencies

Big Black Carver

Perhaps he just holds it. To look stylish? Sticks are pretty overdone atleast.

Iunno, it seems like it'd be easier to just go up to some blacksmith and ask him for some flawed piece of shit the apprentice made that he was going to melt down, since it wouldn't be too likely to be used in melee when the wielder is busy pissing fire and shitting lightning.

"Useless but Cool Anyways"

Space Sword

Schwartzschwanz

/thread

Schwarzer Schwanz*?

>He probably doesn't even get the reference

Fuck.

Le Pepe Poupou

That was over half a century ago, user. Most people wouldn't get the reference let alone the newer generations we have on Veeky Forums.

I know, I know.

The realisation just really affected me for some reason.

Well Schwarzschwanz is what I meant to get the stupid sound alike name but it's been 12 years since I last spoke German.

Shaniqua

I only know it cause i've had awkward conversations with german exchange students.

Jewbane

Meh. Unless the system you're playing lets you use it worth a damn, or use it as a focus for sorcery, why bother? Shouldn't name it until it's been used for something awesome, and let the event name it.

First post best post.

Somewhere,
somehow,
Moorcock is rolling over in his bed.

Void

Night
Night's Kiss
Night's Herald
Nightfire
Nightblade
Nightmoon
Nightmorning
Nightsleep
Nightling
Nightbringer
Nighty Night Bitch
Night Flight
Nightgemsword

Showpiece

The Fluffybunny. When they reach the afterlife, nobody will want to admit that they were killed by this...

Serves him right when everything he loves turns to ash.

What? Im 20 and i've read the Elric saga, age has nothing to do with it.

Compensator.

Killingyoublade.

Edge

Schwarzschwanz is only appropiate for Bidenhänder and the like.

HE'S A SWORDCEROR

Nobody said he'd be good at it.

user, Elric books are staples of fantasy along Howard's, Tolkien's and Jack Vance's works. Age has nothing to do with it, if you're interested in fantasy literature you know about Moorcock.

Doubtful. Most 30 somethings and below only read tolkien because of the movies and a vast majority of those only know tolkien FROM the movies.

Also, forgot to add Zelazny, Fritz Lieber, Clark Ashton-Smith and Lovecraft
A 30something would have been a kid in the 80s, way before the Tolkien movies user. The movies have restarted interest in fantasy novele not taken away from them.

>IT'S CALLED SWORD AND SORCERY FOR A REASON

If you feel so strongly go out to a local gamestore and start asking. Most people will know of tolkien but how many have actually read the books? Now do the same for moorcock and you'll get a lot of headscratches, weird looks, and possible accusations of homosexuality unrelated to the source material.

I don't feel strongly about this, though? I'm just pointing out that any user in this very thread could identify the writers I mentioned, is all.

That's a wizard, user. They're good and awesome at everything.

Nightdark the Night's Dark of Night.

I hope I never sit at the same table as you, thanks for churning out Yahoo Answers quality posts in Veeky Forums

Flintensteel.

Flameheart