What's a setting you've always wanted to play in, but never have?

What it says on the tin.
For example I have always wanted some post-apoc adventure, or maybe a whimsical fairy-tale setting.
I'm too new to the hobby to host a good session by myself, and our forever-gm loves his grimdark fantasy. What about you Veeky Forums?

Greycock

Arabian Nights.

I want to play a setting that isn't tryhard edgy shit or blatant LOTR ripoff.

How would you describe "Tryhard edgy"?
I've seen a lot of anons look at something just a bit grim and call it out like it was a middle-schooler making death-threats levels of edge.

40K is a good example of going overboard

Eberron. Fucking fantasy Shadowrun, man.

Glorantha and Tekumel.

dragon apocalypse

I've been wanting to do a mech game with a 1950s Midwest vibe. Driving around your mechs then stopping at a Texaco gas station and heading into the Diner while you get refueled. Somewhat Dieselpunk I guess, but without so much "punk"

Post Modern sci-fi with a dash of SCP/Delta Green

Bright Post-apocalypse.

always wanted to play a game set in the Blame universe

Zombie survival, set in a realistic setting as average joes and basically self-inserts.

'Mythic' scifi, something along the lines of (pre-343) Halo, Homeworld, and Warframe.

Thoses are pretty great actually. I'm one with a friend's homebrew system where you play as yourself and what you know. We ended up blowing up out local courthouse, burning down a liquor store, accidentally firebombed some teenagers, and forming a militia of local survivers. Shot is easy to run with a small group and a GM who can improve shit.

Yeah, that's basically it. I would love that, it prevents metagaming as you can use anything you know and skills would be generated as you demostrate proficency with them.

Tell me stories user.

"Stone" Age setting that's actually post-apocalyptic.

every setting i've spent even a little time fleshing out

because none of my friends want to play anything ;_____;

I'll play with you user

You want some retrofuturistic stuff.

Eberron is GOAT, user. Done several awesome campaigns.

Alright.
Setting was based on a group of rednecks creating a super meth that tour open a demon eye on the moon, giving them boss powers and turned anyone looking at the moon into a rage zombie (like in that 28 blah series), so things are going wonderful. Myself and two others jump into a truck, run over a few Moon Men (what we ended up calling the zombies), and smashed through the main door of a Home Depot. Look at the few employees, shout "Shit's fuck, Moon scary," load up on makeshift weapons and drive around looking for supplies. We ended up downtown, made friends with a militia group, blew a hold in the side of our police station to break in, then found out first boss jumping around downtown. Guy was muscle on muscle, basically imperious to gun fire, and slept in the courthouse, so I downloaded the anarchist cookbook, slapped together a propane bomb called Jupiter's Lightning Bolt, and blew out the support structure with the help of a few propane bombs. That's how the first two sessions went down, so the setting is easy to do if you literial use your home town or some place everyone is familiar with, and we only roll off a d6 for quick and easy.

Hard realism Paleolithic. Not the kind where there's a bear or pack of wolves or a lion around every fucking tree. With a focus on hunting, scavenging, and village building.

thats really fucking easy to build. stealing this.

Aye it is. Sadly I'm a forever GM and will never get to play it.

I've always wanted to play Dark Sun 2nd edition but I don't think my friends would be interested learning D&D second edition,

I too have been wanting to play in something like Nausicäa or other green apocalypse setting. My group however, has no love for such things.

>Under Dark drow campaign.
>Height of Myth Drannor elf campaign.
>Witcher Setting campaign.
>Hyborian Age campaign.
>Ivalice campaign.
>Pre-mending MTG campaign, or post mending MTG campaign with ways for non-walkers to go with them.
>Defiance campaign.
>Fullmetal alchemist campaign.
>Avatar the last Airbender campaign.

In some cases, a compatible and decent rule set would be needed, and in all cases I'd need a gm who is actually well versed in the setting hes running.

Sadly that means it never happens.

Always wanted to run/play a game set in the Malazan world, but I don't have the time or inclination to DM it myself.

Drowtales

that seems structurally unsafe.

Came in here to post this. It would be awesome if Erikson and Eisselmont released their game.

I have always wanted to Dune

A space science fiction setting in a different solar system cut off from ours after an "accident" with the sole warp gate. Besides the warp gate, the setting would strive to retain a sense of semi-realism or very hard science fiction with regards to spaceships and space travel (ie. worrying about mass ratios, reaction mass, the internal temperature of your ships fission reactor and nuclear thermal rocket propulsion). The Main factions would also be the colonies 1940s Nations (the USA, USSR, Nazi Germany, Great Britian, Japan) cut off from our solar system, preferably in some kind of tense stand off between the various factions).

Ravnica. I actually tried modifying the VtM system to run a game set there, but between life getting in the way and getting caught up on how I wanted to do the magic system it kinda stalled out in the garage.

I would like to be the player, for once

Starfox 64/Freelancer

I want WWII dogfighting in space. I couldn't even find a good system so I started working on one for it, though the base setting I'm using is Crimson Skies.

I did this as the GM, using GURPS. It was awesome. But i'm forever GM so i never get to play...