Nicehash Hacked for $60M

nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/bitmain-antminer-s9?e=0.14¤cy=USD

>Unfortunately, there has been a security breach involving NiceHash website.
>We are currently investigating the nature of the incident and, as a result, we are stopping all operations for the next 24 hours.
>Importantly, our payment system was compromised and the contents of the NiceHash Bitcoin wallet have been stolen.
>We are working to verify the precise number of BTC taken.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-06/bitcoin-mining-service-nicehash-says-hackers-emptied-its-wallet

Was this planned all along?
>Prolly
How will this affect bitcoin?
>idunno

Interesting

A libertarian ancap professor and fervent crypto advocate was teaching a class on Satoshi Nakamoto, known ancap
“Before the class begins, you must worship Satoshi by posting a "Minister you Satoshi" thread and accept that he was the most highly-evolved economic being the world has ever known, even greater than the Jews!”

At this moment, a brave, no-coiner FUDer who had missed over 1500 dips and understood that Bitcoin is a ponzi bubble and fully supported all banks stood up and held up a crypto coin

“Whose coin is this?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Hoppe-ishly and smugly replied “It's mine, you stupid banker, the code says so”

“Wrong. If code, as you say, is law… then it's mine now that I've hacked it”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Bitcoin's blockchain. He stormed out of the room crying those ancap crypto crocodile tears. The same tears crypto traders cry when their shitcoin doesn't moon. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, Sergey Vitalik, wished he could contact the Bitcoin to have his coins back, but he himself had fought against all form of centralization that would make such a thing possible!

The students applauded and all switched to fiat that day and accepted the Federal Reserve as their lords and saviors. An eagle named “Fractional Reserve Banking” flew into the room and perched atop the Bildeberg Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The Federal Reserve Act was read several times, and Mayer Amschel Rothschild himself showed up and manipulated the economy as he pleased.

The professor lost his tenure and was JUST'd the next day. He died in the upcoming Bitcoin crash and all his wallets were destroyed.

Really makes you think

I decided just yesterday to start mining. My balance was at $2.30, now it's $0. What could have been.

F

>4700 BTC....or more accurately, 0.02238% of the total BTC supply.

wtf i love USD now

>How will this affect bitcoin?
it wont, fuck off idiot

wow. It said down for (((maintenance))) starting last night. I'm pissed actually. I could not get something to work last night and it's because they suspended all service without notice.

Well I looked at my blockfolio a record low number of times with this shit going on. It's a great distraction being fucked over.

positive publicity drives bitcoin up

negative publicity... well

Bitcoin always only goes up

Just noticed Bitcoin is at 14k now lel

hot mama, that's a zinger~!

it pays out at .01 btc and i had .008 im poor fml

I had .015 in there.... Fug...

byebye my 0.009 BTC

oh well, guess I'll mine alt pools from now on

ahahaha i lost my .00003 bitcoins i mined 2 nights ago. oh no!

I lost $160 worth. Cost me fuckin $70 electricity too. Fucker.

Lost about $50 but no big deal. Definitely sucks for the people who lost it all from months/years of mining. Idiots for keeping it there though.

Not sure why Nicehash would cut and run when they have such a profitable and booming business established.

They realized they could live many wealthy lives with that money.

Fucking underrated

So which NiceHash employee didn't show up to work today?

Lmao, didn't Linus tech Tips just sign up for this the other week?

>being so much of a faggot that you follow linus tech tips
Veeky Forums never ceases to amuse me

lol

this

Should have hires quantstamp

I shitpost on /g/ in between trades and fap furiously to Max.

Deal with it.

So what is everyone mining now?

I've got two 1080ti's getting restless legs

>nvidia
>mining

Hey I was pulling in ~$10/day mining while away at work.

I was split about TZC, ELLA and ETP. Went with ETP in the end

It's not as efficient but you still get decent hash rates. It's not as though you can't mine with nvidia.

I'm at around 2kh/s with 10 570 / 580 FERMI cards. running off solar.

So is it safe to assume that I just lost 0.0075 BTC (over $100)? I was mining to an external wallet but still had an unpaid balance.

It's always 6 million huh

99.9% yes

I have some optimism due to it being nearly christmas

YOU OWE ME 50 BUCKS MFERS!

Maybe they only stole from the internal wallets and not the unpaid balances.

[spoiler]But I doubt that because this was an inside job.[/spoiler]