Has Warhammer (40K) ever been in the crossfire of some christian groups??

After the new controversy what Pokemon started, after the release of Pokemon Go, I asked myself again, has Warhammer (both, Fantasy and 40K) ever been in the crossfire of a christian group like B.A.D.D.?
I (surprisingly) haven't found there anything so far...
(Picture more or less unrelated)

D&D featured pagan religions prominently, 40k on the other hand showcases a protagonist religion which is a space age version of Christianity. Would you really be worried if you got home and your son was painting up some black templars? Of course not.

>but what about chaos
I remeber when my pastor found out about 40k, and he was going to warn parents about the chaos factions. I showed him the 3.5ed chaos book and he was so furious at how underpowered it was he decided it was fine.

Googling "moral panic" with Warhammer gives surprisingly little relevant results, nearly everything's related to the big D&D scare. I did see one anecdote of someone being allowed to keep their Chaos books, because it wasn't D&D, which was wat everyone was worried about.

I do wonder what a Warhammer 40K moral outrage would look like. There would be a sense of irony to it, given the Imperium's emphasis on religious fanaticism, blind faith and willful ignorance

>Chaos wears a man purse
Truly inhuman savages.

Oh boy, is there new Pokemon shit?

>actually my local area has a church group massively into 40k and other tabeltops. Most of the kids/adults are pretty chill (though the paganism is toned down). I do some DMing now and then, though there are a couple hardcore religious nuts playing paladins that are complete asshole characters.
Basically like says though.

As someone who doesn't play the game, is 3.5 ed. Chaos so underpowered you can see it without in-depth knowledge of the rules, or did you have to point it out?

Also, how bad was it for your pastor to get angry at it?

Warhammer and such is also based out of the UK, not the US so less groups in the US probably know about it and last time I checked the English are to busy fucking themselves with brexit to care.

Its way easier to stir up hate for paganism and such when its local, and lets you prosecute them alot easier as international stuff needs not get involved

Need quick help, Veeky Forums people. Running a d10 future game. Friend wants the equivalent of a bolt pistol and I've done research, but it seems the power behind it might be too much for him to use without near-supernatural abilities.
Can anyone suggest a real-world gun to compare it to? even if it is a rifle or mounted gun? I realize its .75 cal, but i'm pretty ignorant on the rest of the info.

>I asked myself again, has Warhammer (both, Fantasy and 40K) ever been in the crossfire of a christian group like B.A.D.D.?
Christian groups specifically? Not that I remember.. There was a feminist or some such idiot recently who whined about it.

I was joking about that bit. Previous chaos codex's have always been superior to whatever book replaces them since 3rd edition. People talk most about 3.5 because it was the most disappointing as chaos went from being a very powerful and customizable army to being bland and mid tier at best.

You mean the post that wanted 40k to be a "serious setting" by taking out slannesh and some other shit?

Serious 40k is bad 40k in my eyes

Not /k/, so I can't point to particular models, or estimate their recoil.

However, I do know bolters are essentially a cross between fully automatic grenade launchers and gyroperates weapons, so you could look to those for am indication.

The imam at my local mosque is a 40k fan

Moving army units around is different from playing pretend.

Bolters seem to be gyrojet with a kickercharge and reactive warheads. You could just bulshit something user.

Does he like Tallarans?

I know some christian groups will get butthurt over pretty much anything that isn't reading the bible that takes up time, but why would they give a fuck about pokemon go? It's really only a threat to pedestrian safety and phone battery life

Either way the only thing I can think of is (probably) what was talking about with that whole "Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed" thing that frankly was so ridiculous that both sides didn't really buy into it much.

I just don't think warhammer is popular enough to really draw much attention in that way

40k is not really all that know outside of large cities in the south.

Hell, even warhammer fantasy was dead here until like 3 years ago.

There was also some other thing by one of those male feminist types. Something about Sisters of Battle, misogyny or whatever. The website was the Mary Sue so I didn't bother reading too much of it.

Warhammer might be big on image boards but in real life its far from the main stream

All we need is for HBO to pick up one of the HH books as a series.

I don't think GoT would have been as popular if it ONLY had gay sex

>Tallarans
No, he plays as salamanders constantly from what i hear

>HH

pls no

Maybe HBO could back to making adult animation back when they made Spawn something like Ciaphas Cain or the Ultramarine books about Ventriss

>40k anime

NO!

Warhammer 40k movie trailer bullshit

>Eldar vs IG
>My name is "usual 40k name"
>I am an Imperial Guardsman
>fighting for the Imperium of man
>I have lived my entire life in violence
>a voice in my head tells me to stop living this life of hate
>maybe it is right
>*sees wounded eldar and hesitates to take the shot"
>For it is the 41st millennium