A rogue star approaching world you use in the last campaing you run. You have ~10 years...

A rogue star approaching world you use in the last campaing you run. You have ~10 years. In 5 years it start to shine so bright its impossible to miss in the night sky. In 7 years in clearly visible in day. What you would do?

>last campaign was a low-fantasy medieval wilderness exploration game
Die amusingly, I guess.

Spend the free time working on my language skills.

players would probably not notice anything.
the local deities would rejoice and eat it to help themselves maintain the tattered fragments of reality a little bit better.
so... things are imperceptibly a little less shitty for everyone I guess.

Toss a sun of ice at it, see what happens.

Seriously start to rethink my life choices.

All hail the burning hate

I can't think of a single setting where that scenario wouldn't end with everyone dying horribly. Stars are, like, really big. Gravity bending, orbit destabilizing big.

I would get a wizard star to completely out class it and make it redundant

Assuming the Wizard knows somehow 10 years in advance, call an emergency magic meeting of everyone with any magic ability at all (including things like Liches in their lairs, since it's in their best interest to have the world they're being evil on continue to exist) to come up with a plan.

And seeing how the plans in the past of this session have gone (and somehow worked), it'd probably end up being something incredibly stupid like opening a massive portal to a realm we don't mind being fucked over like The Abyss to absorb it, and hope to god(s) that whatever horrible squid monsters inside The Abyss don't make use of the only portal ever made big enough for them to enter realspace.

Alternatively- prayer. Lots and lots of prayer to Pelor to go kick that other suns ass.

Maybe we can reason with it?

>last campaign was EotE
>pc's have a ship
Start charging people extra to get them and their stuff offworld as it becomes obvious that things are about to go sideways in that system and then relocate elsewhere.

Last campaign I was in is Gamma World.

Aliens are around, my character was an alien even.
Though her civilisation lacks tech to avert disaster, there are those out there who have greater abilities and technologies.
We'd be engaging in a lot of diplomacy to find a way to save Terra, Luna,Venus and Neith.
Failing that, time to build some generation ships and relocate.

The last game I ran personally, was a rather ham-fisted political intrigue/detective game that was largely short lived.
It took place on an Alderson Disk that had massive gravity distorting engines to move the whole system around.
Steering a solar system takes years for even change of microseconds to be observable.
However the moment the errant star is detected even the worst political backstabbing won't stop approval being given to begin appropriate manoeuvres to avoid disaster.

And in a decade that passing star will play host to it's own system of Dyson disk facilities.

Almost exactly what would have happened if my last game had gone anywhere. Except the star was an unhatched dragon of summer, and it had cousins.

Must have been 2 years ago. I want a group again.

That was very similar to my last campaign, except it was a huge gas giant fusion torch.

That scenario is pretty much an Setting-Ending-Event.

Even IF the rogue star roughly passes away very fucking far away, if it's even a few light years from the planet in the setting, there will be ridiculously dangerous effects on the world.If it's close enough to be visible in the day AND getting closer?

It's over.
Stars are big. Mindblowingly big. Unless the setting's Gods are ridiculously overpowered AND willing to help, the only thing you could do is evacuate the planet.

Maybe you could get a bunch of the world's mages and archmages, to prepare a huge evacuation plan.

>Warhammer Fantasy RPG
>Age of Sigmar
We spend our time Sending word so everyone can evacuate through one of the gates.

Assuming the sun isn't just another god coming back.

>a second sun is approaching
>the sun is visible in the day

Fucking really.

If we know when Pelor's coming, does he still get Sneak Attack?

>just watched Melancholia
>see this thread
>mfw

Rogue Trader

Offer everyone on the planet a chance to evacuate. At what I believe to be a very reasonable price.

OR

Order my seneschal to make a note of it so I don't miss the spectacle.

Possibly both

yes, you know how you can't see stars (except ours) during the day? they're suns.

Seeing another during the day would imply its very fucking close.

Yes. And something that's on a collision course is naturally going to be visible, because it's busy being another fucking sun. How retarded are you that you can't understand that basic concept? You must be, or you wouldn't have put it as some big bad harbinger.

Roll persuasion

Rolled 19 (1d20)

Rolling in progress!

joke's on you: my last campaign was for high powered Solar Exalted

Turn it into a starship and travel across the galaxies.

We'd rock it back from whence it came using the power of music.

The star is convinced by your honeyed words, and promptly turns 360 degrees before walking away.

Get super fucking pissed and kick this apocalypses back to where it came.

The Eldritch Gods who are the PCs have their own plans for the end of this miserable blob of mud and iron, and they'll be damned (or, more likely, everyone else will be) if a Star that doesn't know how to stay in formation is going to get uppity and ruin this, instead of signalling the end like it was told.

We embark on a quest to find the fifth element.

Soo...Storytime?

no

Aww...

>rogue star

So we just need to find a Wizard or Fighter Star to be our ally, hm....

>Rogue star
What's it going to do, stab us?

Let the gods fix it.

Zeus will probably fix it. Or Odin. Or literally any of the other Gods.

>The gods sent the star
>PCs must kill the gods

>Quote from planet stabbed.

Are you me?

Hit it with the tech priests black-hole gun

Then it reappears when you least expect it.

Fucking Rogue stars.

The local sun god would flip the fuck out, while the rest of the gods would be understandably nervous as this is an event big enough to potentially wake the World Serpent that makes up the material plane. The goddess of stars would probably be able to prevent the worst of the disaster.

If not her, the only mortal that would be able to do anything about this would the Dreamer Beneath, which is basically a huge beast that warps reality with its dreams.

Pretty much this.
Our sun is 8 minutes away and it is already more than capable of having us in orbit around it.
Other than that, if we didn't take astrophysics into account, my group would probably convince every archmage in the world to put range increasing enchantments on our firemage, pump world's worth mana into it just to have him point finger at it and say "There's not enough space for two hotheads on this rock" all while casting flame jet then promptly exploding and killing everyone on that side of the planet because he didn't row row fight the power enough.

easy, just get a sun made of ICE and throw it at that lava sun.

>Dark Heresy
We get sent to the system that's about to be annihilated to purge any Heresy there. There is bound to be some cult who is going to use all those deaths as a sacrifice.

Maybe trying to stop another Inquisitor who wants to exterminatus the systems planets.

That sounds like the kind of Heresy we would be trying to purge.

it's worked before...

Looks like someone doesn't understand the difference between a star and a piece of debris. I know, the two are oft confused.

underrated post

Who decided to attack the darkness ?

>Cobblestone and obsidian planet appears

punch it

>Gravity starts to pool ice inside this ice planet.
>Immence pressur heats the center causing ice to melt.
>With rising heat H2O becomes a bunch of H and O
>The heat continues to rise untill thermonuclear reaction becomes possible.
>H-es start colliding and produce He
>Now we have another
star that is going to heat the rouge one.
>They collide and go supernova
>All life within 30 light years is eradicated

Nice job user

Teleport it to the plane of elemental suns

>Nearby worlds shatter at the sound of the ensuing fizzling that occurred

>Blocky asteroids everywhere
>Reported sightings of diamond mining starships heading for the obsidian planet

>sound
>in space
...you dumb.

Now, if you'd said something about nearby worlds being put off-course by the immense cloud of ice vapour which immediately ensues, you might have had something.

>teleports behind the sun
>pshhhh...

Look, alright, there's not enough side! That star is gonna bounce right off the sun and fly off into someone's larger and the planet is never going to hit the black hole.

>Psssh
That is the sound of your whole body evaporating from the heat, isn't it?

(OP)
Look, alright, there's not enough side! That star is gonna bounce right off the sun and fly off into someone's larger and the planet is never going to hit the black hole.

>A man teleports behind the sun
>He gently puts his hand on his katana's hilt, and looks away from the target
>He flicks his katana out of it's sheathe at an absurd speed. A half second later, he re-sheathes his katana
>The rogue star is sliced into two halves of burning star-stuff, each half flies safely by the planet, which was also cut in half
>Pssssh nothin pursonal, wurldbuilders...

>Being a Warrior mentalist/Tao in Anima with physical discipline
Well, I'm already able to cause small earthquakes, I think in 10 years I'll be able to punch the sky apart and crush that star before it reaches our solar system

lol

It's got rogue levels: you would likely miss.