Which rpg has the deepest gameplay while utilizing the least amount of random number generation?

Which rpg has the deepest gameplay while utilizing the least amount of random number generation?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47219389/
youtube.com/watch?v=jVL4st0blGU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

De Profundis.

That thing outside they call "real life"

>real life has no RNG
>but we use real life RNG methods to play games
>hence the games we play don't actually have RNG

Real life has alot of RNG, especially when it comes to you starting class. If you don't roll the right race or starting wealth, it kinda sucks ass. Balancing sucks, broken game.

Could you tell me more about that?
Wikipedia tells me it's a Lovecraft themed game where you write letters.

Amber Diceless games are entirely RNG free

>deepest gameplay
Meaningless phrase.

>incredible NPC AI

>49% of all NPCs are more intelligent than you.
>49% are less intelligent than you.

Both humbling and terrifying, isn't it?

What about the missing 1% ?

And its mechanic is shallower than a lake in Death Valley in the summer. Sucking up to GM to get your way is a shitty mechanic.

Chuubo's or Nobilis or any of Moran's other incredibly elaborate 'games'

Nah man, check the errata. The only thing that matters now is starting wealth. Everything else just gives small bonuses and penalties in various areas.

You mean the missing 2%?
>49+49=98

That's the "average" pool that you belong to.

It's not totally even for everyone. Not for most people, even.

Two percent of people have the exact same intelligence?

Damn, that cat really needs to get it's chin cleaned, I'm seeing some potentially very serious feline acne there.

>taking shitty jokes this seriously.
We get it, you think you're smart. You can move on now.

>say something dumb
>get called on it
>"You must think you're smart!"

>call someone average
>they ask about the missing one percent instead of two
>make a joke that the missing two percent are the "average" pool they belong to
>grognard gets upset that the joke doesn't make sense to him

Don't forget to drink your milk kid.

Pokemon Go

The setting doesn't make any fucking sense. We discussed it some time ago:
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47219389/

I don't think I've ever seen such a deeply concerned cat before.

What a cute dog

freeform.

Don't worry about it, you're in the lower 49%.

It doesn't matter. If the formula is [complexity] over [rng], if RNG is zero, it's still a near-infinite ratio.

>you roll a native

>real life
>no rng
the world is quantum yo

D&D player detected.

It's highly predictable at a macro scale. Atoms and molecules follow much clearer patterns than their quantum components.

You sure you didn't detect the mirror there?

Why is 'games' in quotes?

That isn't concern. It's wonder!

youtube.com/watch?v=jVL4st0blGU

Amber diceless by Erick wujick,

who is this cat an evil version of?

Free money!
>more susceptible to crippling alcoholism
Well, I guess I have to spend it on something...

>Nobilis

This.

Hold on.
If you take away RNG in all forms, be it dice, card draw, or what have you, aren't you just mashing numbers together to determine the outcome?

That can't possibly result in "deep gameplay", because I assume that no matter how that is taken to mean, math problems are their own separate "deep gameplay" and not RPGs.

So we'd be looking for a numberless RPG.
Wouldn't this just be freeform RP? We can even tack the "G" on by invoking Wittgenstein to say that anything is a game if the participants make it such, so freeform RP is an RPG, in a strange, twisted way only possible with distortion of quotes, meaning, and more.

Am I missing anything?

>free money
>in many places as little as 100$ a year
Hit the jackpot, truly. Canadians treat natives worse than Americans treat blacks, at least a good chunk of the public in the US recognizes racism against blacks as a real issue

I think he means minimum RNG, not completely without. Most things don't actually fall to luck, despite what RPGs would have one think. For example, a trained average fitness duellist fighting a very muscular untrained person will still win pretty much every time. With sports teams, if one team is full stop "better" than the other team, they'll usually win every time. I'm personally of the opinion that variable ranges should be nearer to constant modifiers, rather than constants reflecting a usual 25 or 50% proportion of the variable. In contests fo skill, luck rarely comes into it, which is why in 5e I often have my players either succeed at a thing, or tell them they will doubtlessly fail, rather than constantly rolling for everything even when success/failure would make no logical sense.

Oh no doubt. The low RNG of warhammer is why it just turns into mathhammer, since the set stat values of everything, about equivalent to the modifiers of other games, are more determinate of the results than anything else.

>If you take away RNG in all forms, be it dice, card draw, or what have you, aren't you just mashing numbers together to determine the outcome?

There can also be an element of player skill; you could replace dicerolls with a round of weighed RPS, and you'd remove random but retain gameplay.