Post military/combat vehicles that the imperial guard/astra militarum would drive around and or use in combat...

Post military/combat vehicles that the imperial guard/astra militarum would drive around and or use in combat, be it real life or fictional military vehicles from different settings.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CW6PsbfBiRw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6.5mm_Bergmann
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45_Schofield
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw it has better technical characteristics than Leman Russ and Land Raider
We live in DAoT

Is this a thinly veiled "I need pics of cool vehicles for my next Only War campaign" thread?

>leopard 2A4
>has better stats than a Leman Russ and Land Raider tank

Really? Why's that? Care to elaborate as to why a modern day main battle tank are much better than imperium tanks? What next? An American M1A2 SEP would be superior than an iconic Baneblade? Just curious why

Sauce of pics please?

So basically those are Imperium armored vehicles if they were actually made and designed practically and well made, as opposed to being cartoonishly large and having cartoonishly, or comically over sized turrets and retarded looking?

Posting for a neat looking futuristic tank thats a mix of a German Leopard and Israeli Merkava. i propose and or vote this as a new main battle tank for the astra milliatrum to replace certain existing imperial tanks.

Hey what about police vehicles that Adeptus Arbites can ride and use? Posting one!

>Sauce of pics please?

St Theo on DeviantArt

You're looking at effective millimiters of material but the composite armor of a land raider or leman russ might be several orders of magnitude more resistant than todays composite armor.

Some dumb GW writer once wrote stats without thinking about them and Veeky Forums autists ever since wank about muh paper tanks.

I'd guess that too but GW author listed 98mm of Land Raider armor as equivalent to 300mm of steel.

but our "millimiters of material" can't defend tank against AT weaponry, only because of reactive armor they are not death-trap on tracks

Surely IG's can use this.

youtu.be/CW6PsbfBiRw

>Military equipment will never get to the levels of silly they were during WW2 with tank development ever again

Worst tank ever.

The Cold War was much sillier.

Multilaser.

I think he's more looking at speed, silhouette, and stuff like that...

Because they go faster, probably further, have lower profiles, and early fluff gave them inadequate armor (until it was refluffed to be the physical thickness instead of effective thickness)

Can you drop a Leman Russ from Space without burning in the re-entry or destroyed by the impact?

I want to include "magic" tanks in my next campaign. How do I make combat fun for the whole team playing in a tank?
Can anyone point my to a system that has rules for tank combat?

I'd like to see that, got a pic?

GW also listed the muzzle velocity of some 40k guns being less than airsoft.

Brits have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to weaponry.

>le m3lee may-may

"Conventional steel" and it has been used interchangeably with "plasteel" in the fluff.

I love it how people keep pushing this like it's a thing.

1) It was a Forge World book.
2) It was a homemade pistol used by criminals (or in this case by heretics).
3) It's shit even in 40k.
4) There's real life weapons with equal ballistics, such as the 6.5mm Bergmann.

>Muzzle velocity less than airsoft

With a bullet weighing several dozen times more. Didn't they teach you kids anything about kinetic energy in school?

Hey now, my best match was in a Lee.

A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL-

Wait, never mind, it IS Metal Gear.

This is what most 40K armor reminds me of, sorry.

That actually seems like something they'd drive.

Well... 40k was pretty much made as a reason for people to buy GW's "modern" army minis (just as Warhammer was to sell more Fantasy and Renaissance minis). Much of the original Imperial Guard line was repurposed Napoleonic, Victorian, WW1, WW2 and Vietnam stuff.

In 40k criminals have nukes. But that's above relevance. Guns are extremely simple to make. Not that you can't do it badly, but it's not difficult. Autoguns and stubbers ar commonplace in 40k and I'm guessing it was one such?

FW and GW is terrible with statting weapons. Assume they screwed up.

Coy mirror.

Commissar model CV.

Derp.

Gaunt model CV.

>I'm guessing it was one such?

No, it was a stub gun. Stub gun which in fluff are utter shit, used by lowest of the low gangers and criminals. Equal to a 20th century handgun. They're shit in the fluff and when FW gives them shit stats to reflect this (yet equal to a real life shit cartridge), people lose their collective shit and now a volcano cannon can't even warm a cup of tea.

Christ people are retarded when they get mad.

>(yet equal to a real life shit cartridge)
Yeah, I'mma need you to back this bit up, at least.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6.5mm_Bergmann
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45_Schofield

>St. Theo
>practical designs
>laughingengineers.jpg

That guy overstylizes his shit worse than GW and does it in a boring as fuck pseudo-realistic tacticool 'style'.

the bergmann even looks similar

this son of a bitch is the best vehicle in the game. better armor and speed than the rhino, faster and more firepower than the brickade.

Thank you. I misread your post anyway, but thank you.

>Hexapod
>Sentinel 2.0
BOO!

>A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL-
>Wait, never mind, it IS Metal Gear.
REX basically is a Warhound Titan...

Take a WW2 vehicle, 40k-ify it.

Bam, you're done. Just look at the Ragnarok. It's pretty much a KV-2.

WW1 was worse.

>Pistols are less accurate than lasers and anti-materiel rifles

Go figure

The Russians were at one point in love with the idea of wheeled tanks.

Chrystie designs.

I feel like the T28 could fit in just fine if 40kified some.

I always think of this as a proper imperial design

Is there an actual site that sells this?

ruskis were all about easy maintenance, wheels are simpler than tracks

I hope you realize that that is in fact NOT a wheeled tank, but a tank with its tracks taken off...

Not enough guns or armor, how do you expect to quell hive riots with a standard police car?

Ain't this an Oshkosh Gurkah?

Nope, Christie suspension. BT tanks could drive with their tracks off like they had wheels.

!Bolos are a pretty good contender.

>king tiger

its clearly a tiger 1

Ram into them at high speed.

>In the grim, dark future of the 41st millenium, there is still the Toyota Hilux...

Because the armour stats that GW wrote way back when has even Land Raiders having effective armour thicknesses that would be weak by the standards of the 1970's.

I've learned that a 5.56 round has lower weight but higher velocity than a musket ball. Guess which one is more effective on the battlefield.

Probably could but wasn't designed to. Hence those little wheels on the front not touching the ground is for rotating the tracks. Hell you can even see the tracks sitting on the side of the tank.

In the grimdark future: The police/Adeptus Arbites still use Ford Crown Victorias

Still doesn't mean a musket ball can't fuck you up. A fraction of a gram BB has to have a lot of speed to do anything, but a bullet with several grams of weight can kill you at lower speeds. That's why a tennis balls and a rock thrown at you with the same velocity have very different effects.

Nobody, not even 40k fluff, has ever said stub guns were good weapons.

Yes it was, that is why the Christie suspension was chosen. You could ride into battle on wheels (meaning less wear on the tracks) and then put on the tracks before battle. Of course they were rarely used that way because it was inconvenient as hell to have to put on the tracks when you arrive near the frontlines but that was the purpose.

"ATTENTION CITIZEN."

Got to remember that it's an inter-war period tank, a time in which a lot of modern weapon systems and tactics were being worked on.

m8, muskets amputated limbs with single shots.

A musket is less effective because it's inaccurate, slow firing, jams and smokey.

A musket's muzzle velocity and projectile weight are no fucking impediment to battlefield effectiveness.

>all these leopard 2 tanks
>have this strange feeling to post this drawthread pic of an IG and commissar cleaning a leo 2a7

Do the police really need an MRAP like that? No I'm non of that liberal pansy 'we-dont-need-the-2nd-amendment' libs. Just why for the sake of curiosity. Also posting the MRAP everyone would know.

Posting jeeps/utility vehicles that IGs can use

Well that looks like something the Adeptus Arbites would likely use

>Not enough guns or armor, how do you expect to quell hive riots with a standard police car?
Maybe the Arbites WOULD use that as a standard patrol cruiser, you know? Like what actual cops would drive around in when fucking patrolling or responding to calls? You fucking imbecile.

But fine just to answer your question, in the case of quelling riots, pic in left and should answer your question.

>remove crown victoria
>replace with taurus sixth gen