Dungeon Life Quest (DLQ) 79 - Hurriedly Writing the OP Ahead of Gainful Employment Edition

ARCHIVE: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Dungeon Life Quest
/QST/ ARCHIVE: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Dungeon Life Quest
PREVIOUS THREAD: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48280492/
CHARACTERS AND PLACES: docs.google.com/document/d/19gNVgtevar647l4ZumUaVH6GlJzvxLlDNKaH8DrQMWE/edit?usp=sharing

You are River la Croix, apprentice necromancer and demonologist, and it's time you got back to the Dungeon. You need to deliver Emily, Hatchet, and the minions back to Brianna.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZXvkTuMyZpM
youtube.com/watch?v=yWabGQBnzKo
youtu.be/Lgoz3XkW1UM
youtube.com/watch?v=n9k_HUq1Kd4
youtube.com/watch?v=DQTCS6aWRSc
youtube.com/watch?v=m9Vfx4UfaQs
youtube.com/watch?v=coT9Ykax7-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=htKY2oD85rs
google.ca/search?q=manowar die with honor lyrics&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=liSMV8ysGcSijwOPp7a4BA
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5SjQ7pVlV4
youtube.com/watch?v=QeomYeKdnGk
youtube.com/watch?v=bPvFUDKlqAw
genius.com/Unleash-the-archers-frozen-steel-lyrics
youtube.com/watch?v=gXzMD065HEk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OK4fJhbRL1g
youtu.be/ZofA36NMMrQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"One of these days, when all this is over, I'm gonna come back to ask you that question," you tell Seraphina softly. Gently, even. "When I do, I expect an answer."

The blind woman tenses but, at last, nods.

"Lady Jord," you call out to the angel. "I am ready."

You are Duchess Henrietta of Starfall, and you are reviewing plans. Glen has little in the way of a place to actually /host/ a ball, but there's clearings and wood available. Negotiations have gone well, and the townsfolk seem tickled at the idea of the outdoor structure you're building, which will be kept by them for festivals and, maybe, games. It's a fairly simple affair - a stage on one side, raised seats such as those seen at tourney, and the grass in the center upon which to dance, or to gather.

You open your mouth to ask about part of the blueprint when there is a blaze of glory that silences all activity around you and captures everyone's attention. Six beings that can only be angels surround you in a circle, radiating power. One, made all of sharp stained glass, rests his painted gaze on your.

"Duchess Henrietta," he intones, formally.

> Kneel
> Bow
> Say and do absolutely nothing
> "Aye, my Lord. How may I help you?"

>Rebuke them for not knocking first.
Angels are angels, but protocol is protocol!

> Say and do absolutely nothing
I think almost anyone when confronted with this situation would be pretty stunned.

>> Say and do absolutely nothing

Even she has to be stunned by this

>> Say and do absolutely nothing
This seems like an adequate response.

>> "Aye, my Lord. How may I help you?"

Hahaha, this ought to be good.

>Curtsy
>"My Lord. How may I help you?"
The angel is being formal, time for muscle reflex.

> Bow

>> Bow
>>"My Lord. How may I help you?"

And now to be gainfully employed for eight and a half hours. I'm in available on phone to do questions and feedback. Don't want to try to update with no images but we'll see how bored I get.

> Uh.. I assume you haven't come for the ball?

On another note,
Proposal: the entirety of DLQ is rewritten through the perspective of another character, with the plot changing around the choices you would make with them as the MC. (Even love interests could be switched around, since point zero would be Bri entering the Dungeon) Which would you choose?

Myself, I'm curious about a possible Amy run through of the Dungeon, Shankbirding everything, but that would be a very different story.

>"Aye, my Lord. How may I help you? Also did a La Croix happen to have anything to do with what is happening right now?"

I want to combine this with
>Bow.
>and this

> Greet them as we would another ruler

> this

Meanwhile, in her internal monologue:

> This is it
> This is my life now

How will The Cook react to this?

He's Right There, behind the Angels, Unbeknownst to them.

Think he will charge first out of reflex?
Will she break down for a few minuets after mumbling those lines?

I think you underestimate how much Travis enjoys nobles getting reminded that the safe world that they built in their manors and courts is fake. Part of the reason he enjoys Glen; it's a place that handles what is, to him, the real world.

So on a scale of 1 to 10 how much would this weird him out, or would he break down laughing his ass off at her reaction?

As long as she's safe? Laugh city. Themed birthday gifts to mock her with for years to come. Meals presented as portraits of the event. There may be attempts to get her referred to as "the Blessed."

I mean, what's he gonna get to hold over her that's better than this?

I like this more an more.

>"Aye, my Lord. How may I help you? Also did a La Croix happen to have anything to do with what is happening right now?"

>"Aye, my Lord. How may I help you? May I offer refreshments, maybe some tea or coffee? I happen to have an excellent cook.

> Also did a La Croix happen to have anything to do with what is happening right now?"

Let's aggressively normalize the situation. Also, when the going gets tough the nobility throws their retainers under the bridge.

Good man, and excellent choice. Adding it to my pile of votes just to fuck with the Cook a bitI wonder how the Glass Angel would eat.

Seconding this

This. THis is good.

> Link your damn votes

I guess mine is the fifth vote for screwing the Cook a little.

Not like that.

How is the Cook going to feel about Seraphina then, who is pretty much everything to hate about a Noble?

Sounds like side story material.

Who also got all that tore down and thrust into his care.
He's going to be giddy.

Five hours and change to call.

>Who also got all that tore down

Giddy

> and thrust into his care.

To "Aw fuck." Especially when he first clashes with Jord.

> Today, on Touched By An Angel...

So what's River's theme song?

youtu.be/ZXvkTuMyZpM

Nice. Real nice. Too bad rock doesn't exist in this world.

Are you saying you think River needs an in-universe theme song?

are you saying you think she doesn't?

Every major character we've ran into ought to have an in-universe theme song. Just what would they be? For Bri I can see a sonorous children's song with all the dark tones associated with the stories of DLQ.

What about this?
youtube.com/watch?v=yWabGQBnzKo

This is a good choice. It should go in the paste-bin. It has that bluesy bayou feel.

Hm, I like it. While it does have a bit of a Zombie Army feel to it, it also feels like a cautionary tale for necromancers to remember. "This is your duty and what it entails, but pay mind to not let it overtake your goodness," Something along those lines.

I agree, the bluesy tone works well.

So how about River? I'm feeling something similar to a marching tune, both to encapsulate her previous life as a merc and her current life as a hard working Necromancer of good.

That's fucking wonderful. The following (which has been posted before) is the theme I use when writing and planning Bri: youtu.be/Lgoz3XkW1UM

I really want Nate to be power metal from the 80s.

youtube.com/watch?v=n9k_HUq1Kd4

Maybe that's just me.

I suggest this for Lora
youtube.com/watch?v=DQTCS6aWRSc

I can see this as his general day to day activity, but
what is his diving into battle "HO, LA SONS OF SORROW!" music?

Surprised no one thought of it yet.I hear this every time I read Bri.

Oooo, yeah that's good.
I would have picked Hearts of Fire. Or was it Hearts On Fire?

Glory to the Brave.

War Dirge. Kill while streaming manly tears. Maybe youtube.com/watch?v=m9Vfx4UfaQs And he promptly gets smacked by Bri and Amy for being a fucking Hero.

For some reason I can totally imagine Amy strutting to some Class War, good old Anarchist Punk.

youtube.com/watch?v=coT9Ykax7-Y

Dude your link doesn't work.

What about this?
youtube.com/watch?v=htKY2oD85rs

Manowar - Die With Honor

I dunno, I don't see Nate having a happy or upbeat Hero song what with the whole Sons of Sorrow thing. Also "Valor is it's Own Reward".

Eh, Nate was kind of working for the man, not really fighting the Man.

Just post a link with just the lyrics.
And your right it might not be upbeat, but that still wouldn't stop him from smiling like an idiot if can do it while saving someone. Even if by reflex.
I guess I can see that. Maybe something else then. Let me peruse my musical knowledge for a bit to find something.

> youtube.com/watch?v=m9Vfx4UfaQs

Just lyrics?

> google.ca/search?q=manowar die with honor lyrics&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=liSMV8ysGcSijwOPp7a4BA

I think I found something to consider.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5SjQ7pVlV4
Have you actually checked what the video your posted says? It doesn't work on other websites. just get a different version of the song and post it man.
What about this?
youtube.com/watch?v=QeomYeKdnGk

> youtube.com/watch?v=bPvFUDKlqAw

Maybe?

> genius.com/Unleash-the-archers-frozen-steel-lyrics

>youtube.com/watch?v=m9Vfx4UfaQs

Embedding works fine, copy-paste works fine, I got no problems on my end bro.

This fits Amy perfectly, in tone if not necessarily lyrics.

Is Doma pesterable about them preggers Amy/Bri pics?

These are like . . . the very opposite of heroic songs.

This is what he's referring to.

A song for Richard

> youtube.com/watch?v=gXzMD065HEk

It shows up on the page. I cant watch it because it says.
"Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner"
Did you just post the same thing 3 times without looking at the vid on page? Because all I am getting is the words just quoted and black static. YES. THIS!

Well, what do you know. Weird.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Never seen that before.

I thought it worked.

Can you not just...click the link? Without embedding? And go to youtube?

Or just google "Manowar - Die With Honor"?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OK4fJhbRL1g

I think this fits him better.

More like youtu.be/ZofA36NMMrQ

No I am to lazy and this was the problem with his links to the video, if your going to post the song for the rest of us to listen to, then at least make sure it will actually be viewable here..

So the problem is that you're a lazy bum. Ok. So why should we do more work so you can be lazy and complain?

Jesus fuck, you're cancer. You couldn't even properly describe your problem with the link, someone else had to do it for you.

Kill yourself, you're incapable of living in the modern world. And pray for oblivion, because you're probably incapable of living in any other world.

You know what? I deleted the other link I posted, just to spite you.

No this works fine. The video you posted 3 times in different ways itself was the problem.
Don't start posting song recommendations if it cant work on site. What part of that is confusing? If your doing the work to post a song why should I, or any one else have to leave the conversation to go look for it?Fuck you to then.
Eat a bag of dicks.

All the energy you spent bitching, you could have just posted your own working link.

You're a sour person, user, not a helpful one. You're objectively inferior to everyone else in this thread, and everyone in the world who actually gets shit done instead of just sitting back and bitching.

I can just see her bobbing around to this, just like a bird.

Folks, breeaaaathe. We're having a nice discussion, aye?

Bitch you wanted to know what was wrong, then you act like a cunt. Fuck you for taking up space with useless posts.

Sent him your post.

You didn't even manage to coherently explain what was wrong, someone else did it for you.

And even then, you just went "I'm too lazy to look shit up".

Remember, it's down the road not across the street.

At least they're just being childish morons rather than fighting about the actual quest.

Yeah but I was enjoying the discussion damnit.

I am too lazy to look for the shit, you should already have working.

Its your song that didn't work, continuing this is pointless.

People like you make me want to vote for Trump out of spite.

And he will shit on you and everyone else. Congrats on your mistake.

...so who else thinks that now (while she's medically banned from sprinting around and solving everyone else's problems) would be the perfect time for Nate to propose to Bri?

Sounds like you're a poorfag

rich fascist piece of shit.

Can we please not? I'd like this thread to survive.

fine

You can be one too under president Trump. So will Trump.

Thank you. I deeply appreciate it.

Heh. There's... thoughts, on that matter.

>Nathan La Croix
I'm down for it. I assume Amy would also be present?

So I'll be writing a little side story for DLQ, in a situation only loosely tangentially associated with the Dungeon and Bri and everyone else's story. There will be monsters, and a perspective on the average life of people in this part of the world.

Once I recover from my weekend of overnight shifts, I'll be posting it in the thread for everyone's enjoyment.

I'll be around to field questions for a little while.

I also am down for the Nathan - Amy - Bri wedding. Will the whole La Croix ghost family show up? But wait, how are we going to make Lora the maid of honor?? And who's the best man anyway?

If Nate was old-fashioned enough to ask the dead for their blessing on his marriage, do you think he's really just going to assume that Amy is a given, or take her for granted?