How would mtg change if all those expensive manabases and format staples

How would mtg change if all those expensive manabases and format staples
>got banned?
>got printed until they were dirt cheap?

>got banned?
the game would be completely different
>got printed until they were dirt cheap?
mtg would be easy to hop in and out of and thered be a HUGE flux of people playing the game at pretty much every open event and it would actually make the game worse, probably. thats not to say im defending the ridiculous prices of the 2ndary market

>HUGE flux of people playing the game
>it would actually make the game worse, probably.
Really? Having more players would make the game worse? I don't see it.

How is a huge influx of people bad? It would be more players of every format, pre-releases would have more people, it would be easier to trade shit, and easier to build new decks, because you wouldn't need to dismantle your decks because they share mana base.

People would piss and moan either way. If they got banned, different stuff would become expensive and rare due to its newfound viability. If everything got reprinted we'd see spikes in EDH specific cards and collector's items.

>it would be easier to trade shit

but if all the staples are dirt cheap, why would I ever bother trading with people?

Getting foils? Secondary products exclusives?

Also, I imagine people would just play drafts, and then trade cards to build decks on the go, instead of having to wait a week for cards bought online.

If fetchlands were outright banned, the game would be more healthy, but there would be a large outcry from Pay2Win faggots.

Considering that Star City Games is more powerful than WotC itself, and Hasbro is trying to eject D&D.......don't be surprised if SCG buys WotC wholesale if that happens.

Hell, I kinda predict that SCG will try and buy WotC from Hasbro anyway.

You never hear this problem about yugioh so I'm interested in the policy that yugioh takes on reprints and super expensive cards relative to mtg.

Does yugioh never reprint some cards?
How expensive do the cards get?
Supply and demand?

>instead of having to wait a week for cards bought online.

what hellish 3rd-world site are you buying cards from?

YGO just bans cards at a moment's notice.

You'd end up with the same problems as hearthstone; with access to every card you'd only every see like five of the same, efficient carbon-copy net decks and nothing else.

And we don't see this already?

Not card-for-card (outside standard).
And it would absolutely ruin any casual format.

What is Pokémon go

>Considering that Star City Games is more powerful than WotC itself

>I kinda predict that SCG will try and buy WotC from Hasbro anyway.

Magic generates around $250 million a year. How much do you think the IP is worth? Why would Hasbro let it go, and how in the fuck could SCG come up with the money?

Yugioh is shit with it. Their strategy is to disregard power creep and go more for a power sprint sort of thing. The instant they're not selling a set anymore, they reprint everything that was good in that set and then print new shit that's better. Cards frequently spike up to higher than $100, then fall down to $10 when the collector's tins hit, then go down to $1 when the new set hits and the deck that played them is turned to shit by comparison.

You're constantly having to spend hundreds of dollars to buy the current decks only to see it turn to pennies in your hands when it's time to buy the next one. You are burning through money constantly and nothing holds value.

More players =/= good. In a way it does, however, with the infusion of fresh competent players would come a flood spastics that have no respect or understanding for the level of competition they are entering.

OP here.

I did say format staples, not deck staples.

So your mana bases and fetches and tutors and the like would be cheap as basic lands, but your deck specific cards would be left alone.

A free, somewhat fun game, that gets people out of their houses.

>don't be surprised if SCG buys WotC wholesale if that happens.
You do know that WOTC is owned by hasbro, right? I doubt SCG has enough funds to purchase it. Also, it would be a massive conflict of interest for them to buy WOTC.

An advertising tool for many stores.

What isn't an ad to you people? I bet you think fucking street addresses are ads.

Hearthstone doesn't have literally thousands of cards to choose from like Magic does. Carbon-copy decks only sort of exist in competitive Magic, in every other format it's extremely varied.

>address
>ad

It's so obvious.