What's your favorite elf from books, lore, movies, campaigns you played etc. that isn't Fingolfin? I mean...

What's your favorite elf from books, lore, movies, campaigns you played etc. that isn't Fingolfin? I mean, he's everyones favorite elf, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3aB6CPyO0Ww
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Humor_of_Wood_Elves
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Fingolfin
Who?

My favorite elves are the ones from Hellboy 2, mostly prince Nuada. Scary kind of elf.

I prefer Elves who did nothing wrong.

Just some faggy elf that scratched some gods toes.

Feanor is literally the greatest elf of all time.

>Prince Nuada
>Not his sister
Pleb taste.

I mean, you could call them one in the same.

Ingwe, the highest of elves.

SILMARILS ARE FOR TREES
HAND THEM OVER YOU CUNT

Beleg Cuthalion. Tragic character, him. Actually, most characters in children of Hurin were tragic.

Beleg was a cool guy, but Turin was a complete retard that never deserved his friendship.

That probably stems from having been cursed by a god

Turin had a hard life.

>Turin apologists
Disgusting.

I rather like Finrod Felagund, Maedhros, and Maglor.

Finrod's story is so beautiful. He left his fiance and his beloved father behind to go to war, became a friend of the race of Man, and in the end gave his life to help the son of a deer friend. And at one point he almost beat Sauron at karaoke. Finally, after he died, he almost immediately came back to life back home and was reunited with his father (and, assumedly, his fiance.

Meanwhile, the sons of Feanor's story is completely tragic. In the end, having sacrificed their morals, people, land, and everything and everyone they held dear, the last two surviving sons finally have their father's treasures in hand. But their sins have made them no longer worthy of the Silmarils. In pain and regret, Maedhros falls to his death in a burning crevasse, while Maglor, greatest poet of a race of poets, hurls his Silmaril into the frothing sea and forevermore wanders the shore in sorrow.

The Silmarillion is by far my favorite book.

Feanor, because he literally slammed the door in Satan's face.

'no'

Don't know who any of these faggots are but here's a real Mer coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=3aB6CPyO0Ww

He's an elf king that challenged satan himself to single combat, and then proceeded to get his shit kicked in. The mere 7 hour-long fight that involved made him an eternal badass. Song extremely fucking related, it's the blind guardian song about his fight with morgoth.

Pretty good.

>blind guardian
my melanin enriched bretheren

This song introduced me to my favorite band.

they're craftsmen equal to the dwemer with a totally opposite philosophy.

The only answer. Inbred piss-skins and cannibal merlets need not apply

Straight from the silmarillion

"Now news came to Hithlum that Dorthonion was lost and the sons of Finarfin overthrown, and that the sons of Fëanor were driven from their lands. Then Fingolfin beheld... the utter ruin of the Noldor, and the defeat beyond redress of all their houses; and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar. Thus he came alone to Angband's gates, and he sounded his horn, and smote once more upon the brazen doors, and challenged Morgoth to come forth to single combat. And Morgoth came."

"That was the last time in those wars that he passed the doors of his stronghold, and it is said that he took not the challenge willingly; for... alone of the Valar he knew fear. But he could not now deny the challenge before the face of his captains; for... Fingolfin named Morgoth craven.... Therefore Morgoth... issued forth clad in black armour; and he stood before the King like a tower, iron-crowned, and his vast shield, sable unblazoned, cast a shadow over him like a stormcloud. But Fingolfin gleamed beneath it as a star; for his mail was overlaid with silver, and his blue shield was set with crystals; and he drew his sword Ringil, that glittered like ice."

Then Morgoth hurled aloft Grond, the Hammer of the Underworld, and swung it down like a bolt of thunder. But Fingolfin sprang aside, and Grond rent a mighty pit in the earth.... Many times Morgoth essayed to smite him, and each time Fingolfin leaped away...; and he wounded Morgoth with seven wounds, and seven times Morgoth gave a cry of anguish, whereat the hosts of Angband fell upon their faces in dismay, and the cries echoed in the Northlands.

But at the last the King grew weary, and Morgoth bore down his shield upon him. Thrice he was crushed to his knees, and thrice arose again and bore up his broken shield and stricken helm. But the earth was all... pitted about him, and he stumbled and fell backward before the feet of Morgoth; and Morgoth set his left foot upon his neck.... Yet with his last and desperate stroke Fingolfin hewed the foot with Ringil, and the blood gushed forth black and smoking and filled the pits of Grond.

Thus died Fingolfin, High King of the Noldor, most proud and valiant of the Elven-kings of old. The Orcs made no boast of that duel at the gate; neither do the Elves sing of it, for their sorrow is too deep. Yet the tale of it is remembered still, for Thorondor King of Eagles brought the tidings to Gondolin, and to Hithlum afar off. And Morgoth took the body of the Elven-king and broke it, and would cast it to his wolves; but Thorondor came hasting from his eyrie among the peaks of the Crissaegrim, and he stooped upon Morgoth and marred his face. The rushing of the wings of Thorondor was like the noise of the winds of Manwë, and he seized the body in his mighty talons, and soaring suddenly above the darts of the Orcs he bore the King away. And he laid him upon a mountain-top that looked from the north upon the hidden valley of Gondolin; and Turgon coming built a high cairn over his father. No Orc dared ever after to pass over the mound of Fingolfin or draw nigh his tomb, until the doom of Gondolin was come and treachery was born among his kin. Morgoth went ever halt of one foot after that day, and the pain of his wounds could not be healed; and in his face was the scar that Thorondor made.

Great was the lamentation in Hithlum when the fall of Fingolfin became known....

maybe if that faggot eagle hadn't waited until fingolfin was dead to attack something more would've came of that fight.

It wouldn't have accomplished anything regardless. No mortal of any kind can kill a valar, although fingolfin's ridiculously OP as shit sword could put some nasty as shit wounds on morgoth.

If the eagle went ahead and tried to intervene, it would probably be dead too, and then nobody would learn of fingolfin's duel.

>Dunmer

I would genuinely prefer Altmer to those worthless rat-elves. Arrogant slavers, then instead of learning humility, became arrogant dindus who blame everything but their own laziness for their "plight."

>prefers altmer
>calls dunmer arrogant
wew lad. Also no blaming here, despite being fucked over more often than even the orcs they have carved out the most autonomous nation in the empire with a show of force that forced mighty Talos to parley. Have you even played the games?

Arrogance well earned

REMEMBER REDORAN. NEVER FORGET.

Asdrubael Vect fag reporting

>ctrl + F
>no Maugen Ra

This girl will always be my favorite elf.

Fëanor.

There's no reasoning with them; thanks to dumb memes, every asshole on the internet assumes that an eagle will fix all your problems in Middle-Earth.

Finrod Felagund tops all, he is both a bro and one to get shit done, really what I'd like to see as far as elves are comcerned (looking at you, Elwe.)

>Anything but bosmer

Don't you people like cannibalism, autistic ways of life and comedy Gold?
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Humor_of_Wood_Elves

Uh...

Who?

Motherfucker.

Rake is Coldsteel edgy and overpowered as fuck but in a good way.

Fuck yes. Anomander is a certified badass.

For those who don't know, he's a hundred-thousand-year-old Tiste Andii (read: dark elf) who drank the blood of dragons to gain the ability to transform into one. He has a sword called Dragnipur which traps the souls of every person he kills with it and forces them to pull a cart for all eternity.

>Q. What has three heads, is ugly, and smells?

>A. My mistake! You don't have three heads!

His dad was cooler.

Malekith gets points for basically being elf Doctor Doom though. And for rejecting Widowmaker.

The dark eldar are my favorite elves in all of fiction. I like that they're more heavily based on gaelic mythology: bunch of sadists who will kidnap your babies (and you) to their magical labyrinthine city.

That's kind of a very common trope in fiction with elves.

The Seelie/Unseelie inspired division.

This is the only true answer.

Corum is best elf.
Tragic, doom-laden Corum Jhaelen Irsei.

My quads speak only the truth.

Fair Folk in gaelic folklore are rarely like that.

Most commonly they appear as people from a place without disease or death or hunger, and take people away there if they like them enough.

Most of the malevolent spirits in gaelic folklore wouldn't really be classed as elves. Stuff like banshees and dullahan are fairies of sorts, but not really the same as the daoine maithe, which are the sorts we'd identify with elves.

>Dragnipur
Also happens to be one of my absolute favorite magic weapons

The only elf in the history of fantasy settings to be rightly called manly. Every other elf, EVERY OTHER ELF, PERIOD. is a poncy faggot.

Oh shit, forgot about Rake.

Though I actually prefer Trull Sengar. One of like three people in the world who could stand toe to toe against Icarium and not get instantly turned into spam.

>Don't know who any of these faggots are

Feanor was a huge idiot.

He's not even the best Tolkien elf.

Sometimes, if you want to get shit done, you just have to man up and curse your entire bloodline forevermore.

shieet, is that some Mignola cover art I'm peepin

>muh gems
>manlier than Fingolfin
what the fuck

Do not attempt to reason with Feanorfags. Just let them have their delusion.

The graphic novel Elfquest had a half-elf half-troll named Two-Edge. He was a bundle of angst, as edgy as they come, so he's gotta be some fedorafag's favorite.

That whole comic was edgy desu senpai

Anomander Rake: For when Drizzd just isn't cutting it anymore.

Thinking about it, Anomander would obliterate Drizzt even with his plot armor.

Rake would push Drizzt's shit in so hard he would be tasting his colon for weeks.

>That bit in Memories of Ice
>The collective terror when the cast realises that Rake is going to smash Moon's Spawn into Coral