Veeky Forums's 7th Edition Sister of Battle PDF Update

Playtesting in progress edition

The latest edition of Veeky Forums's 7th edition AdSor update is up and can be downloaded here: drive.google.com/open?id=0B4BtLTIkWwtAUnAtNlBQb3llU0k

1d4chan page: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Codex_-_Adepta_Sororitas:_Veeky Forums_7th_Edition

I've been playtesting this codex against AdMech and Eldar, and have been making adjustments based on those games.

Patch Notes:
- Added a Table of Contents which includes a version number. I haven't added page links yet because OpenOffice is confusing, but I plan on adding them in a future update.
- Added a "Datasheets" page.

- Completely overhauled the way the Sororitas Preceptory pages are formatted to be more in-line with how the official GW codices are formatted.
- Chorus of the Faithful has been changed. Now, it allows all units in the Sororitas Preceptory to use their Act of Faith an additional time every game. This means that a unit accompanied by Uriah Jacobus or a simulacrum imperialis may attempt to use their Act of Faith three times in one game.

- Living Saints and Celestine now have the Eternal Warrior rule and cost 20 points more.
- Added a description for the Dominator.
- Dominator Gunship points cost has been reduced from 150 points to 125 points.
- Mortia Squads no longer have the Skilled Riders rule. They now have the Hit and Run rule. The reasoning for this is that Mortias can't use Melta Bombs unless they're fighting a vehicle, so against any other unit they're not that great after their S6 AP2 Hammer of Wrath. This way, they can repeatedly withdraw and use Hammer of Wrath on squads they wish to kill. The in-lore logic behind this would be that they're not actually withdrawing, but plowing right through the enemy squad before coming around for another run.
- Repressor points cost has been increased from 75 points to 85 points.

(continued 1/2)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B85e0VhuwajQQktRcFJQZW1VRGs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Grey-Knights-Arco-flagellants
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Adepta_Sororitas(7E)#Getting_Models
drive.google.com/open?id=0B4BtLTIkWwtAUnAtNlBQb3llU0k
ragingheroes.com/
bolterandchainsword.com/sisterp.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Patch notes continued (2/2)

- The Sororitas Mission can no longer include Death Cults
- The Faithful Throng formation's Insanely Faithful rule has been replaced with the Battle Choir rule. This rule allows War Hymns to affect every unit from the formation that is currently engaged in the same assault.
- The Murder Cult formation rule, The Reaping, now lasts until the end of their next assault phase rather than until the beginning of their next assault phase.
- The Witch-Hunter Contingent has been renamed to the Witch-Hunter Task Force.
- The Witch-Hunter Task Force now Denies the Witch on a 3+ rather than 2+. Added an addendum stating that this cannot be increased in any way (so it's impossible to get a 2+ DtW).

- In addition to it's usual effects (6++ and Adamantium Will), Shield of Faith now allows models to use 6th edition rules for Denying the Witch (roll 1d6; on a 6 (or 5+ with Adamantium Will), the psychic power is denied). In essence, this means that all SoB have a flat 33% chance to Deny any psychic ability thrown at them. This reduces the cheese of the old Chorus of the Faithful rule, but is still enough to cause psyker-heavy armies problems. It also means that non-Preceptory SoB formations are also good at dealing with psykers. It may make it wordier, but I left in Adamantium Will rather than making it a flat 5+, because I don't know if there are any other rules/wargear in other armies that reference Adamantium Will and could affect SoB as a result.

- Spy cherubim no longer reduce enemy cover saves by 1. Instead, they now grant the bearer Acute Senses (making it useful to outflanking Dominions). Their has been lowered from 25 points to 15 points.

- Added an image for Mortia Squads.
- Various typo and formatting fixes.

>To Do:
I want to add formations based around Dominions and Tanks (Immolators, Repressors, and/or Exorcists).

As always, critique and ideas are welcome.

bump

bump

Never seen it before

Will give it a glance, but before I do two questions:
Did you give them terminator-armor equivalents? (please no, it does not fit their aesthetic)
Are Acts of Faith still roll-against-leadership? (sad, but understandable since no one liked the old system either)

Hmm, can't actually view it. It stays "loading" the PDF forever.

Wasn't the old act of faith system damn similar to what the psychic phase is now?

How does it preform in the Psychic Phase? I argued for moving AoF there so we would have some dice to play with when facing highly psychic armys.
Unless there's been more than one sisters Fandex.

The first AoF system was you start with a number of Faith Points and they deplete as you use them, then we got d6 per turn and then they went to once a game.

I think I was thinking of the d6 a turn acts of faith. I looked them up, and it's almost the same as the psychic phase is, or at least close enough. Better than once a game with only one specific power.

>How does it preform in the Psychic Phase? I argued for moving AoF there so we would have some dice to play with when facing highly psychic armys.
I don't like this, currently you can use AoFs in your opponents turn as well as your own (use PE when the opponent charges you for instance), so they can be reactive as well as active.

bump

if it hasn't been said before, change the name of the Spy Cherub to Sensorium Cherub, and Incense Cherub to Incensor Cherub

Both are faux-latin, and in the case of the second is the actual term for the incense vessel itself.

Also, no statline/weapon reference page yet? For shame. It's so nice looking though.

also, formatting on sisters of battle command squad is screwy: Using the bullet points after the options for the banners makes it look as if all the following options are for the "one celestian may" choice.

oh, and any size frateris squad can take a dedicated transport. you may want to limit that to units of 10 models or less for the repressor/rhino and 6 or less for the immolator

>Did you give them terminator-armor equivalents?
Haven't checked recently, but as I recall Celestians were turned into pseudo-Terminators by giving them Artificer Armor along with their natural 6++. There's no one actually wearing TDA, though.

and the mortia bikes don't actually grant an eviscerator as a weapon. Not sure if this is on purpose or accident.

although their HOW hits should have the armourbane special rule... especially if they're supposed to be vehicle hunters and after the grenade changes to one per phase.

>Unless there's been more than one sisters Fandex.
There are. OP's is the main one, plus there's my "Lite" one here drive.google.com/open?id=0B85e0VhuwajQQktRcFJQZW1VRGs that's built independently from the same sources. There's at least one other that came from the same thread, but I haven't seen anything about it since then.

How about this?

The Exorcist's Melta Missiles gain Armourbane, but it fires a number of shots equal to the game turn. This makes it more effective against vehicles, freeing up Sisters to take Flamers rather than Melta and More Melta, and keeps it dangerous without contributing to unfun alpha strike lists.

Is the Dominator represented in any way in the fluff? If not, it should be replaced with the Avenger Strike Fighter with the Sisters version of the Avenger Strike Fighter costing 15pts more and having BS4 and Shield of Faith.

The Avenger isn't represented in the fluff apart from its blurb in IA:A. We decided that SoB needed a flyer of their own that fit their "almost Space Marines, but smaller and faster" schtick, and made a big stormtalon/little stormraven/flying immolator thing to fill the role.

But it exists, so why not use it instead of inventing something new?

Because there's a hole in the SoB lineup that it doesn't adequately fill, and just because it's an IN asset that's commonly assigned to support the Sisters of Battle, that doesn't mean it's the only flyer they have access to.

Hmm. Let's see what I have to say:
>On page 45, the way the text wraps around the image of the Sisters Hospitaller is very awkward.
>The Winged Chariot that a Living Saint can ride only costs 5 points. The other 75 points come from the Cherubim. It sounds undercosted to me.
>Living Saints should also have access to the Melee weapons and Ranged weapons lists.
>There is no point in having Fraternis Militia use a weaker version of a Missile Launcher. Even the Renegades and Heretics have access to regular Missile Launchers.
>Having an entry for Death Cults and Ecclesiarchy Battle Conclaves is redundant. Just give the Ecclesiarchy Battle Conclave version Infiltrate. They'll be able to use it if you have the whole unit filled with Death Cult Assassins.
>Why would regular Celestians wear Artificer armor while Celestians that are part of a Command Squad not?
>A lot of factions use bikes, let's be original and create a cavalry unit for the sisters instead. Will be in a different post.
>I would combine the Vengeance and Exorcist into one entry, with the Exorcist Launcher able to choose between firing Frag, Krak or Flak missiles with each salvo.
>Dominions appear to be missing.
>Shield of Faith granting Adamantium Will is redundant with making the sisters deny the witch as if they were in 6th edition. Either remove Adamantium Will or their special deny the witch method.
>I'm not sure what the point of the Trinity Gun is. It seems to be a Master of None weapon and combining the three weapon types just sound inefficient.
>The Neural Whip should have it gaining Shred against Leadership 8 or lower instead of the current effect.

>Exorcist Launcher able to choose between firing Frag, Krak or Flak missiles with each salvo.
That's a nerf, though.

I happen to LIKE the loyalist heldrake.
I think it makes sense for the AA and normal exorcist to have separate entries. GW has a tendency to separate each similar type of unit onto their own page now.

I do agree that the trinity gun is weird and I don't see how taking it is in any way better than one of the normal guns.

Having the bikes is fine. It makes less sense to have cavalry in spess than a motorized conveyance.

the reason the bikes have the giant chain sword on them was basically part of the original idea the person riding it would have been a regular sister, inside the bike itself would be the repentia her chain sword being the engine that powers the bike in the first place. I kind of wanted at the time to have repentia come out after vehicle destroyed perhaps on a roll. Of course people took my idea and immediately took it a completely different direction I don't know if I should be salty or proud of the other Anons for making something decent out of my dumb idea

well, I can't help but picture a low-rider harley, driven by a repentia, with an eviscerator jutting off the front to mow down the unfaithful.

so, in other words, amazing.

quick question. If a living saint takes the Wings of Deliverance, they stop being in independent character, correct?

I do as well. I was just pointing out that there's more valid reasons for including it when the Avenger already exists in addition to "because it's cool and I want one."

>Not spring-loaded Chainswords mounted in rows down the side of the bike

why not both?

>more valid
Additional valid reasons, I mean. "Because it's cool" is plenty of justification, as long as it's flavorful and balanced.

Why not both what? The fandex isn't incompatible with Imperial Armor, except for the modified Repressor.

both flyers?
just add a note that the avenger strike fighter can be taken as a fast attack option in the codex.

Probably as a blurb on the dominator's page.

Why isn't the Imperial Armor entry good enough? The Repressor really needs to be mainlined, but the Avenger is another faction's asset that isn't a core part of the army on the tabletop. I don't see why it can't just be left where it is in IA:A.

that... that's what I just said dude. I hear you. All the codex needs is a blurb reminding you that you can take it. Because people are dumb.

(case in point, the horus heresy mechanicum stuff before the collected army list: they had an entire page of "use x entry from y book" as a z unit in this army)

A lot of factions use bikes, let's be original and create a cavalry unit for the sisters instead. Will be in a different post.
We talked about that when making the codex and one user was adamant that the sisters lost something by having any non human creature in the army, I don't agree but he made a good point about the sisters using flowers rather than animals in their iconography.
>I'm not sure what the point of the Trinity Gun is. It seems to be a Master of None weapon and combining the three weapon types just sound inefficient.
My fault, I threw it into the discussion as something I had been toying with but couldn't make work and it was added. The original idea was to stick a melta bomb warhead on a bolter round and fill it with promethium.

I have two suggested units:
Sister Potentia WS 4 | BS 4 | S 4 | T 4 | W 2 | A 2 | I 4 | Ld 9 | Sv 2+/6++
Costs 150pts for a single unit. Up to 3 additional models can be added for 50pts each.
Wargear: Twin-linked Heavy Flamer, Hurricane Bolter
Special Rules: Acts of Faith, Shield of Faith, Decimator Protocols, Move Through Cover, Very Bulky
Any model may replace its Twin-linked Heavy Flamer with a Twin-linked Heavy Bolter or Twin-linked Multi-Melta. Any model may replace its Hurricane Bolter with a Missile Launcher. Any model may take Stabilizing Servos (Grants Slow and Purposeful).
>I have no idea what to make its Act of Faith be.

Why not give the Trinity Gun for free to the veteran superiors.

Picture related, Biker nuns with guns basically right it self.
How to use them rule wise is another thing.

Personally I would free up the Repentia and Penitent Engines from the normal FOC, be like priest as long you have the points you can have them.

Why the hell are Dominions missing?

Same question why are some Celestians +2 while CC are +3

Dragoons WS 4 | BS 3 | S 3 | T 3 | W 1 | I 3 | A 1 | Ld 8 | Sv 3+
Costs 85pts for a unit of 5. Up to five additional models may be added for 16pts each.
Wargear: Power Armor, Power Lance, Bolt Pistol, Frag grenades, Krak Grenades, Kirin: A model mounted on a Kirin changes its unit type to Cavalry. When charging or being charged by units from the Chaos Space Marines, Renegades and Heretics or Chaos Daemons codex the Dragoon has the Furious Charge and Counter-Attack special rules.
Special Rules: Acts of Faith, Shield of Faith
Options: Up to two Dragoons may replace their Power Lance with one item from the Special Weapons list. The Dragoon Superior may take Melta Bombs (5pts)

Missiles, plural. It would either fire D6 Frag Missiles, D6 Krak Missiles or D6 Flakk Missiles each turn.

Finally got back from work and can start answering questions and such.

>Did you give them terminator-armor equivalents?
Sort of. I gave Celestians artificer armor.

>Are Acts of Faith still roll-against-leadership?
Yeah, I increased the amount of time that faith powers are active from one phase to one turn, but other than that, they work pretty much the same.

Just right-click on the pdf and select "Download", then you can view it from your computer.

>How does it preform in the Psychic Phase?
AoF are used on your turn in phases that they affect, similar to 6th edition. Although, now that you mention it, I think I will move AoF to be used in the psychic phase. As for dealing with psychic powers, all SoB now have a flat 30% chance to Deny any power thrown at them (certain formations and warlord traits can increase this chance).

>currently you can use AoFs in your opponents turn as well as your own
This is not the intent, I'll change the wording to make it more clear that you can only use AoF on your turn.

>if it hasn't been said before, change the name of the Spy Cherub to Sensorium Cherub, and Incense Cherub to Incensor Cherub
Good idea. Will do.

>any size frateris squad can take a dedicated transport
Thanks for pointing that out, I will fix it.

I'm iffy on giving their HoW armorbane, as that would make them completely monstrous against things like Leman Russes and Imperial Knights. I'll try playtesting that idea though.

I don't think this idea really makes sense with the lore. Exorcists fire d6 missiles because they don't get serviced by tech-priests very often and are therefor unreliable. Here's an idea though: Exorcists can take armorbane missiles as a 15-20 pt upgrade, but the weapon also Gets Hot if you take this upgrade.

Continued after I finish reading this user's post/responses to it:

>Why not give the Trinity Gun for free to the veteran superiors.
I didn't write the fandex it was just me that came up with the concept, it would probably have been some sort of sniper rifle (not in the sense that it would be similar to the sniper rifle that already exists in game) if I'd made the rules.

>On page 45, the way the text wraps around the image of the Sisters Hospitaller is very awkward.
Agreed. I've been putting off fixing it to work on other pages.

>The Winged Chariot that a Living Saint can ride only costs 5 points. The other 75 points come from the Cherubim. It sounds undercosted to me.
That's a good point. Let's come up with a better figure for this upgrade.

>Living Saints should also have access to the Melee weapons and Ranged weapons lists.
The original incarnation of the Living Saint had this, but people pointed out that this essentially made the Canoness obsolete. However, with the subsequent limits that have been placed on LSs since (only one per army, increased points cost compared to the Canoness) I think we could probably re-institute this.

>>There is no point in having Fraternis Militia use a weaker version of a Missile Launcher. Even the Renegades and Heretics have access to regular Missile Launchers.
From what I understand, R&H is supposed to represent everything from disorderly mobs to full-on renegade IG. They are also commonly armed with weapons they've looted from the planet they originated on and/or elsewhere. Frateris Militia are pretty much entirely disorderly mobs who only have whatever weapons they own/could feasibly get their hands on. They don't have the advantages of looting IG or Munitorum sources like R&H do. Also, from a balance perspective, I wanted to limit the number of long-range weapons SoB have access to so they stay a close-range army.

>Having an entry for Death Cults and Ecclesiarchy Battle Conclaves is redundant. Just give the Ecclesiarchy Battle Conclave version
Technically, we could, I just felt that keeping them separate helps with organization and lowers the risk of people misunderstanding rules.

continued below

>Why would regular Celestians wear Artificer armor while Celestians that are part of a Command Squad not?
So that their armor saves match an un-upgraded Canoness and to keep their cost down. That being said, I'm not married to the idea, so if people want them to have artificer armor, I'll give it to them.

>A lot of factions use bikes, let's be original and create a cavalry unit for the sisters instead. Will be in a different post.
True that a lot of factions use bikes, but Mortias are pretty unique as far as bike units go.

>I would combine the Vengeance and Exorcist into one entry, with the Exorcist Launcher able to choose between firing Frag, Krak or Flak missiles with each salvo.
Part of the goal with this fandex is to update SoB while keeping the things that make them unique, and trading out the Exorcist ML for a generic missile launcher that fires d6 shots would take away some of their unique-ness IMO.

>Dominions appear to be missing.
You're right, I hadn't noticed that. I'll upload a fixed version ASAP.

>Shield of Faith granting Adamantium Will is redundant with making the sisters deny the witch as if they were in 6th edition. Either remove Adamantium Will or their special deny the witch method.
The reason I left Adamantium Will in with saying they Deny on a 6+ (which becomes 5+ with AW) is that I don't know if there are any rules/wargear in another codex that reference AW and could thusly affect SoB in some way.

It's supposed to be something of a "jack of all trades" gun. I agree that it's not that great ATM, I'm working on balancing it currently.

finished below

>The Neural Whip should have it gaining Shred against Leadership 8 or lower instead of the current effect.
The reason we changed it to it's current incarnation is so that the Mistress of Repentance is actively aiding the Repentias. She has a chance with most enemies to lower their Initiative to the same as the Repentias, meaning they get to swing Eviscerators at the same time as the enemy hits them in melee. I've seen this work in test-games I've played and it makes Repentias a lot more effective against most non-Vehicle units.

Do you have any ideas for crunch on it? Also, do you think it should be just one weapon or should there be heavy/assault variants like there are now?

I like the idea of it being a jack of all trades.

Maybe keep the range of a Bolter, the ignore cover of a flamer, and the melta property.

24" S5 AP4 Assault 2, Ignores cover, Melta.
(Limited to wargear)
39" S7 AP3 Heavy 4, Ignores cover, Melta.
(Retribution squads and vehicles)

Regarding Exorcist and Vehicles in general. A 15 points Incenses upgrade could be cool.

Give SoB a more mystic thing, 6++ on everything is nice. Maybe a unit that gives shrouded in a bubble lets say 12". A three strong girl squad of novices that do not have weapons and they are singing and throwing incenses.

Cringe

Turning SoB into generic space marines.

At least dig up the old Witch Hunter codex and modernize it instead of forcing 'meta' in every single FOC slot.

What about
>24", S5 AP4, Rapid Fire, Ignores cover, Melta
>10 pts/model
for the basic version (unless you think it should be based off the storm bolter chasis, which should prolly make it cost more) and
>36", S6 AP3, Heavy 3, Ignores cover, Melta
>15 pts/model
since it would ideally be based off the heavy bolter chasis. This would also keep it from being too expensive points-wise.

>A 15 points Incenses upgrade could be cool.
I'm not opposed to making incense censers a potential upgrade for all vehicles, but I'm concerned about balancing it. An Exorcist or Repentia/Death Cult-filled Repressor with Shrouded would be terrifying.

>Maybe a unit that gives shrouded in a bubble lets say 12". A three strong girl squad of novices that do not have weapons and they are singing and throwing incenses.
Cheribum already fill a similar role.

Really? I feel they occupy a design space more like imperial orks. Neat quirky rules, can horde, and their toys outshine the sisters. You complain them becoming space marines lite, but orks DIDNT conform to the changing meta of the game and are one of if not the WORST codexes in the game for it.

Although we could make it so that cheribum can be taken by Veteran Sister Superiors, so their use is more widespread.

That sounds good. As for the chariot, look at the necron chariot. I think 110-115 is decent.

Probably a S5 AP2 (a heavy bolter round is too small to hold a full size melta bomb so I'm making it weaker than that would be) heavy 1 with Armour bane (it's still a melta tip round) with the following special rules.
>That pick your target thing sniper rifles get.
>If target is a vehicle then after rolling to penetrate apply damage twice (I.e. Two hull points on a glance, roll twice on the table for a penetrating hit. This represents the round igniting and doing more damage).
>If target is a normal unit then it makes a Toughness test after being wounded, if it fails it takes another Wound with the Instant Death special rule as it burns alive on the spot.)
Hope that clears up what I had in mind when I suggested it. Probably best to give it to the heavy weapon girls and try to balance it against their other options.

This weapon sounds awesome, but way too powerful to be given to normal sisters (as well as how expensive it would be). I'd make it an Ecclesiarchy or Living Saint Relic with how it's currently described.

Yeah I feared as much. I'm assuming the promethium it uses is more potent than the regular stuff but needs more heat (about a meltas worth) to ignite.
Would giving it Gets Hot be any better?

What about this:
They all come with a rule that makes it so models hit by them must pass a Toughness test or suffer Instant Death and Vehicles take +1 on the damage table when penetrated.

>Trinity Gun: 15 pts
24"/S4 AP2/Rapid Fire, Armorbane, Gets Hot
>Trinity Rifle (the one you're talking about): 15-20 pts
30"/S5 AP2/Heavy 1, Armorbane, Precision Shots, (maybe Pinning?)
>Heavy Trinity Gun: 20-25 pts
36"/S5 AP2/Heavy 3, Armorbane, Gets Hot

I'm sure they would work great in game but all I can think of is how much a single round must cost to make and imagine the monasteries accountant wincing every time more than one round is fired per turn. Plus I had hoped to provide the sisters with a option that they lacked for range.
I'm a fluff fag so for me the rules should reflect what the weapon is supposed to be. Do you think
30"/S5 AP2/Heavy 1, Armorbane, (Instant Death or Soul Blaze) with my double damage to vehicles rule could work if we keep the Precision Shot for a non Gets Hot master crafted relic?
I'll trust you to do what's best for the army but I do like the idea that these rounds leave a mess.
To be honest I don't really like the Soul Blaze rule as it creates a situation that players need to remember for the rest of the battle and slows things down but that's just me and GW disagreeing on game design philosophy.
I will point out though that as most units are 1 Wound a weapon with ID is not that great without PS, I know that it's still very powerful against vehicles but the sisters lack ranged anti vehicle fire power that isn't a pipe organ. Anyway I've made my point, do what you think's best.

The new version is nearly complete. Just had some ideas for more formations I was considering adding:

>Dominion Assault Force
>3 Dominions
All Dominions in this formation must take a dedicated transport. All units that start play on the table, make a 12" Scout move instead of 6". All units held in reserve get a +1 to reserve rolls.

>Battle Shrine Congregation
>3 Exorcists, 1 Vengeance Exorcist
All units in this formation have Preferred Enemy. All Exorcists in this formation get Laud Hailers for free.

>Heresy Suppression Force
>3 Repressors
>All units must take Extra Armor
All penetrating hits to front armor take a -1 penalty on the vehicle damage table. Whenever a model in this formation makes a Ramming or Tank Shock attack, roll 1d3 on the Thunderblitz table.

I think I'll stick with the statlines I put together for them, though we could make a version of what you described for 40k roleplay which could be more fluff-accurate since balance is less of an issue there.

>To be honest I don't really like the Soul Blaze rule as it creates a situation that players need to remember for the rest of the battle and slows things down
Agreed, I hate it when Eldar spam soulblaze everywhere for that reason.

That's cool, I don't play much so as long as you don't make something that ignores my fluff I'm happy (I can't imagine how the old melta that ignored cover worked but you were busy trying to fit the good ideas in so I didn't complain).
If I ever end up in a position to influence GW I'll try and sneak my version in. Look out for flying Bore Boyz!

I love this codex. It is great to see the Sister to get some Love because they sure as hell don't get any from GW....
But, since I'm still kinda new to the game (I only finished my first Tau detachment, planning on expending my collection soon), how would I go about building an army based on this codex. Like... how do I make Mortias, where or how can I get Archo-Flegellants and all this stuff... and all things considered, what is the best way to get Sisters anyways because shit GW sure as hell doesn't want to sell them...
Any tips?

>>currently you can use AoFs in your opponents turn as well as your own
>This is not the intent, I'll change the wording to make it more clear that you can only use AoF on your turn.
No no no, I mean that in GW's Sisters codex you can use AoFs in your turn as well as opponents'
>, I'll change the wording to make it more clear that you can only use AoF on your turn.
It's shit then. If I get charged I should be able to use my PE AoF so I can actually deal hits back before the unit gets wiped.

Gotcha. Well, I made AoF so they're all activated during either player's psychic phase (not because I agree with the idea that faith should function identically/similarly to psychic powers, but the psychic phase is a good place to consolidate everything) and they last until the start of the controlling player's next turn, so they can still be used defensively.

>I love this codex. It is great to see the Sister to get some Love
Glad to hear it!

>Arco-flagellants
Can be found here if you want the official GW ones: games-workshop.com/en-GB/Grey-Knights-Arco-flagellants

>Mortias
I'll admit I'm not aware of any 28mm miniatures that would really work as them, and I've never tried modelling miniatures myself, so you'd probably have to proxy them or you could ask on the WIP thread (here ) for advice.

>>Collecting Sisters
Assuming you don't want to get the GW models because they cost multiple limbs, 1d4chan has an article on collecting SoB-esque models from non-GW, reasonably priced sources: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Adepta_Sororitas(7E)#Getting_Models

Alright, the latest version is up and can be found here if you don't feel like scrolling back to the top of the thread:: drive.google.com/open?id=0B4BtLTIkWwtAUnAtNlBQb3llU0k

The links on the 1d4chan page have been updated as well.

Patch notes (0.7):
- Living Saints may now take items from the Ranged and Melee Weapons Lists. They can no longer take items from the Ecclesiarchy Relics list to differentiate them from Canonesses from a wargear perspective.
- The Winged Chariot upgrade for Living Saints has increased from 80 points to 110 points.
- Kyrinov now has the Icon of Chiros, which makes all friendly AdSor units within 6" of him Fearless.
- Frateris Milita may only take Rhinos or Repressors if the squad numbers 10 models or less.
- Cherubim may now be taken by Sisters Dialogus.
- Solved the case of the missing Dominion Squad datasheet.
- Cherubim may now be taken by any Superior or Veteran Superior.
- Standard Exorcists are now called Sanctorum-pattern Exorcists (since that's apparently their official name in fluff). The Exorcist Missile Launcher has been renamed to the Sanctorum Missile Launcher.
- Repressors can now take Trinity Guns for 5 points and Heavy Trinity Guns for 10 points.
- Vengeance-pattern Exorcists are now called Prioris-pattern Exorcists (since that's apparently their official name in fluff). The Vengeance Missile Launcher has been renamed to the Prioris Missile Launcher.

- Changed the Bonds of Sisterhood rule in the Sororitas Mission formation so that it applies to Living Saints as well as Canonesses.
- Added the Dominion Crusade formation, which consists of 3 Dominion Squads, all of which must take dedicated transports. Any of them who are deployed on the table on turn 1 make 12" Scout moves instead of 6", and any who are held in reserves get +1 to reserves rolls.
- Added the Excorcist Congregation formation, which consists of 1-3 Sanctorum-pattern Exorcists and 1-3 Prioris-pattern Exorcists; at least 4 of which must be taken. All units in the formation gain Preferred Enemy and get free Laud Hailers.

Continued below (1/2)

>Patch notes continued (2/2):
- Added the Heresy Suppression Force formation, which consists of 3 Repressors which must take Extra Armor and have reduced transport capacity (6 models instead of 10). All penetrating hits to their front armor take a -1 penalty on the vehicle damage table. Additionally, whenever a unit from this formation tank shocks or rams, roll d3 on the Thunderblitz table instead of applying the usual effects.

- All Acts of Faith are now activated during the Psychic Phase.

- Incense Cherubim have been renamed to Incensor Cherubim.
- Spy Cherubim have been renamed to Sensorium Cherubim.
- Trinity Weaponry profiles have been changed. The Trinity Gun and Heavy Trinity Gun cost has been increased from 10 to 15 points. The Trinity Gun has been added to the Vehicle Weapons list.
- Added the Trinity Rifle; a pseudo-sniper weapon that can be taken via the Heavy Weapons list.

- Various typo and formatting fixes.

Dominions in a DT take a 12" scout move anyway

I just checked the rulebook and you are correct. I will come up with a different bonus tomorrow when I am not half-asleep.

Yeah, well... when it comes to regular ol' GW Sisters, you have to mention that there is a possibility that we will get plastic sisters soon.
I have read multiple times now that as it seems, the molds for plastic sisters are done and they could come out anytime now, but some of these accounts go back to early 2015 and we have yet to see anything Sisters related to be released by GW. It kind of baffles me desu, if they finished up the molds and started producing models... what is the hold up? What keeps them from finally releasing them? Like, does GW hate making more money because as it stands right now, nobody is buying GW Sisters because they are insanely expensive and basically everyone who plays Sisters of battle does so with Proxies.
Wait... maybe they wait for the old models to be sold out before releasing the newer, cheaper ones...?
It is stupid but not below GW.
I will now put on my tinfoilhat and cry in a corner

I have it on pretty good by our standards authority that Sisters are one of the worst selling armys in GWs history and molds at the level of detail GW likes to put out cost lots of money. I wish I had better news but I don't see it happening soon user.

Maybe they would sell better if they weren't so goddamn expensive and supported for shit. They still got a kult following, as you can see... otherwise there wouldn't be so many threads about how to make conversions and proxys to use as battle sisters

Give them +6" to scout move.
Dominions baseline costs 10 more than necessary.

I would give the Frateris a Chimera or some Open top transport. Mainly for fluff reasons.

Rhino chassis are too expensive to the common folk.

Personally I like the AoF being use at any time.

18" scout would be filthy. You can get melta range on any tank in their deployment zone turn one

So you mean fair in the current waacfag edition? Tee hee.

Sorry I've faced so many Eldar bike spam and Necron Dickturions that I'm rather salty.

As fun as it would be to give them a pre- looted trukk as a civvie vehicle, think how it pairs up with other units in the codex. Repents getting to have an open topped transport is crazy.

Repentia. Yay autocorrect.

Well Repentias can keep their Repressor with assault.

Just the civilians getting a Rhino is odd.

I think this is a great work but my lgs players won't let me use it to play

>ragingheroes.com/

Bump

I'm trying to avoid making a Necron/Eldar/Tau-tier army because I hate overpowered shit even if I'm playing it. It's the reason I stopped playing Tau after 7th edition rolled out I skipped 6th edition, so idk if they were overpowered then. The goal is to make SoB a good, well-balanced army, not a WAAC one. This is especially important because this is a fandex, which means you're going to need your opponent's agreement to play it, and they're not likely to agree to fighting an overpowered army.

Not to mention their overwhelming prevalence in fanart. But yeah, I'm not going to recommend waiting for plastic sisters until GW actually comes out and says something about it.

We could give Frateris Militia a truck or something to drive around in (not sure how lore-friendly that is though). Make it a fast vehicle with 9-10 All armor, a transport capacity of 10, which you can trade out to mount a TL-heavy stubber on the back (pic related)

As for Rhinos, the 40k roleplay books literally describe them as being "ubiquitous" and rate their availability at Rare, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that some Frateris Militia could have one. Chimeras, on the other hand, are solely used by the IG, so it's doubtful that FM would be able to get their hands on one.

Out of curiosity, did they say why, or do they just have a blanket "no fandexes" policy?

Also does anyone know where I can get a blank version of this image? I'm writing up a fluff section, and I want there to be a section with the paint schemes of the various orders.

Something like
>They already have a codex play with the original, that codex you bring must be broken

That's the problem with fandexes, unfortunately.

Uploaded the latest version. Just a few minor changes and typo/formatting fixes.

>Path Notes (0.71)
- Added the Trinity Pistol. It can be taken via the Ranged Weapons list.
- Frateris Militia can now only take Rhinos as a Dedicated Transport.
- The Dominion Crusade formation now gives +3" to Scout moves rather than making Scout moves 12" Also, all models in this formation must start the game embarked on their transports.
- To take the Murder Cult formation, each Death Cult must consist of at least 3 Death Cult Assassins.
- Various formatting and typo fixes

I do love the idea of my poorly trained religious nutjobs rolling around in pickup trucks.

Alright, how's this for a profile:

>Converted Civilian Vehicle
>20 pts/model
BS 2/ F10 S10 R9/ HP 2/ Vehicle (Fast, Open-topped, Transport), 1-5 per squad
Transport: Can carry 10 models. Cannot transport models with the Bulky, Very Bulky, or Extremely Bulky rules, or models with an armor save of 3+ or greater.

Any vehicle in the squad can drop their transport capacity to six models and take a heavy stubber for free.

Any vehicle can take a Veteran Gunner, increasing its BS to 3 for 3 pts/model

bolterandchainsword.com/sisterp.php

When in doubt, ask B&C

Thanks, user

Looks good.

Bump

I'm working on adding fluff, altar of war, and FAQ sections right now. I've got to go to sleep since I have work in the morning, but I'll post the new update as soon as it's ready.

>Added the Trinity Pistol
Take modified heavy bolter rounds and stick them in a pistol because why not.
In the Retributors entry it says that they can have weapons from the heavy weapons list but such a list does not seem to exist, I could just be missing it.

>ragingheroes.com/
Their Sisters line looks great, but sadly isn't out yet. Judgeing by the pricing of their models that are already out, they could be a nice alternative to GW miniatures.. but not much cheaper sadly.

bump