Fantasy setting with Vikings

>Fantasy setting with Vikings.
>The horns on their helmets actually contain potions that they drink in the middle of combat. Functioning like a beer hat but for ALMOST more important things.
What would be the advantages and disadvantages of this?

>the vikings never use them because they didn't all wear horned helmets, and very few did

>the Vikings turn out to be undercover teutonic knights.

If they smash?
Free potions for the enemy?

>The horns on their helmets actually belong to a creature that covers them with paralyzing barbs like the ones on jellyfish tentacles
>Any opponent that tries to grab them to manipulate their heads receives horrible and debilitating pain
>Warriors expose themselves to the horns of these beasts to immunize themselves to their effects and be able to use them safely

The vikings are actually descendants of ancient clown fish merfolk

Not the worst idea I've heard today

>fantasy vikings are real vikings
pls go

IM ANGRY

ANGRY ABOUT LITHUANIA

Shiet, he even has cooling fins on those reservoirs. Bleeding edge of technology.

It is a terrible idea for the same reason that long-distance runners don't tie canteens to their headbands. Go outside and play a sport that doesn't involve Charizard.

>Arguing about science shit in a fantasy setting.
Literally autism.

Only if the Vikings are actually Sea Peoples.

The most eloquent defense of tactical beer helmets in recorded history.

Lad when a setting probably has potions that can instantly heal, make your skin harder than iron, or other crazy shit I imagine being able to drink them faster would be a good idea.

Why not simply use something like a hydration pack worn on the shoulders or strapped to the waist instead?

>implying horned helmets have a swag level anywhere close to real Scandinavian helms

I propose that waterskin and bendy-straw arrays held close to the body with leather thongs are the superior solution for the discerning murderhobo on the go.

Who could look at that craftsmanship and call these people savages?

>fantasy shouldn't be consistent
How about you stop playing dnd for a moment?

People who could fucking read for one.

Runes count as writing.

In the sense that a rock is a book.

Are hieroglyphs not civilized for you?

>No fun allowed

We're talking about vikings here you tardmongler

I'm suggesting that runes are like hieroglyphs you nigger.