Djingis Khan and his golden horde has started to invade your current fantasy setting...

Djingis Khan and his golden horde has started to invade your current fantasy setting. How does the poeple the PC's and nations in the setting react?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NvS351QKFV4
youtube.com/watch?v=OUc7cUz8SAg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Invade from where? How did they get here?

That's not important but let's say they appear from the largest steppe area in the setting

Djingis Khan is wiped out by the legions of musket armed halfling supported by wardog riding cavalry and ceramic covered war wagons armed with cannons.

Yes that is important because there is no steppe area in the parts of the world I've bothered to define.

From the plains, via horses.

Well one of the settings I'm playing in is basically impossible to travel safely due to incredibly dense forest that's basically packed with monsters to a point beyond stupidity, and they'd have to be early adapters to magic to really get by in general, so they're probably wont be much reacting needed

Oh goody, one more fucking thing set on destroying the civilized world. We've already got a plague of immortality, an ancient wood full of monsters that's slowly but implacably expanding, and hordes of of horned seaborne raiders making landfall all over the coast.

With any luck the Mongols will see all this crap, and decide our land is fucked enough already.

But user, they're already here

Europop starts playing.

youtube.com/watch?v=NvS351QKFV4

Looks like meats back on the menu boyz!

they're harmless
unless they have stirrups, then it's unfair and everybody is pretty fucked up

Hell, if his horde showed up in continental US today and they had stirrups they would overrun the country in three months.

fuck that song just reminded me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=OUc7cUz8SAg

The steppe is occupied by roving bands of orcs and their bison herds. Orcs are OP, but the Mongols might do okay with enough numbers. If they go south to the swamps, they're fucked, because the swamps are full of were-gator halflings, goblin trees, and a living gator god who mostly just wants food and plenty of sunshine, but will wreck some shit if you wake him up. The elven archers in the north outrange horsebows, and I dunno how Djingis is going to attack the villages up in the trees. The human empire might be in trouble if the Mongols figure out enough magic before they hit each other, but otherwise Mongols don't have access to buffs, and a few secret agent druids should be able to take out the leadership.

They might be able to negotiate with the plains orcs for some lebensraum if they're willing to give up some horses.

Depends on which continent they are invading. Argonessen? Khan is kill. Xen'Drik, Sarlona? Difficulty: Ultra-violence. Khornvaire? Post-war kingdoms would have hard time fighting with a horde that likely would steal some magitek and hire gobbos

Exalted: Oh look, another world-destroying threat which may end life as we know it. That brings us up to... sixteen now?

>Continental US
>not having enough firearms per person to deal with a Mongol horde

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

>mfw russia actually had to sit themselves down and do the math before deciding on not invading via mexico or canada as we have enough guns per person in the top half(or bottom depending) of every border state to effectively arm every third person with enough ammunition and facilities to keep us properly supplied for three months assuming all other infrastructure failed
>mfw we have on average 15% more guns per household now than 1991 and rising due to recent issues
>mfw all border states mentioned actually have 30% guns now than 1991

Niggers a shooting your police and hillbilly teenagers are shooting children. I think you're pulling the wrong expression.

Nah. We're just bringing back natural selection. Hell look at our current candidates if you honestly don't believe we aren't just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks and working our way back to the top.
We occasionally do this to prevent our massive and beautiful country from stagnating and ending up like a shitpile like europe did.

Probably with a wave of death spells, followed by an aerial bombardment of flesh-eating goblins, followed by a wave of necromancers to reanimate the bones for servitude in the mines.

They have to fight elves who are exactly like them but have magic and stuff. Eventually they just assimilate after elfkhan cleaves Djingis Khan in twain with a magic arrow.

The king sets up a lawn chair, lawn umbrella, and gets some hard lemonade ready before unleashing his pet tarrasque.

They come upon the largest city state in the world that keeps a standing army more or less like America does, who patrol borders with entire legions of troops doing drills because the Soldiers guild has little else to do during peacetime besides train city watch and riot guards.

The land outside the inner roads is more or less littered with various dinosaur sized territorial monsters. If Djingis even managed to reach the the satellite farms, they'd be overwhelmed by the largest military force in the world.

Well,considering this, then the southern kingdoms would probably make a short alliance to deal with this invasion, maybe getting some help from the local dwarven colonies and the giant clans in the zone. In the meantime orcs,ice giants,wood elves and grey elves would take a seat and grab some popcorn to see those punny southeners/urbanites/lesser lifeforms fight the newcomers.

There are a few djinn settlements in my setting, but being mostly peaceful or non hostile they would probably stay out of the conflict. Also, if the ravaging horde shows enough strength and great, maybe the beastmen regencies would take some interest in them and meet them on the field as a show of force and dominance.

I don't think any other major state or kingdom would take great interest in the event; they're either too far or too busy dealing with their own shit (mostly dragon worshipping savages, ancient fallen gods and the war monging giants) to give a single fuck.

They would get lost in the djungle and probably get eaten by terrible things.

Sorry guys.

>My homebrew setting is based on 17th century Europe, particularly the 30 years war period.
>Muskets, cannon and pikes are widespread battlefield weapons used in pike & shot formations
>As is various forms of munitions plate armor and more expensive suits
>Also the military use of monstrous humanoid soldiers, such as certain types of troll and ogre
>And magic powered mini-mecha

I don't think they'd fare all that well guys.

>campaign is taking place in an large city located on an island
>Harpies are abundant and typically eat the fuck out of horses
>City has the greatest navy in the current world
I would assume that they'd just get dicked

I would like to believe you but those candidates are Trump and Clinton.

Never thought I would see the day we look back at Tricky Dicky Nixon and say "he wasn't that bad, considering".

Offer peace and trade deals to avoid further conflict. If that fails declare war and enslave the captives to further the empires wealth.
>setting is a empire that makes majority of its wealth form abusing the less civilized people
>does this with a massive army and powerful wizard lords who get rewards for their service

Jeez one pcs personal and cultural hero. She'd side with him so fast.