Check out the Comic-con promos mtg is putting out. Dead gatewatch, yo

Check out the Comic-con promos mtg is putting out. Dead gatewatch, yo.

Other urls found in this thread:

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/147647255778/wizardsmagic-this-years-san-diego-comic-con
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And then there's goddamn Liliana like "Rise up, motherfuckers!"

Truly the Last Hope.

Aww, was really expecting Returned Elspeth

Look sweet. I can see these being actually valueable and wanted In the future unlike those ugly black on black ones.

I'll try to get them when they hit the online store. If not, whateves

Never bought promo type stuff online. Any idea what sort of price these will be?

Why did you use the SOI and BFZ set symbols? Who exactly were you trying to fool here?

Knpw when they'll hit the online store?

Objectively the best one

It's probably to clarify that these cards are playable in Standard or something.

Actually I'm curious if anyone knows, can you play an old copy of a card that's been reprinted in standard? Or do you have to use the new version?

>Actually I'm curious if anyone knows, can you play an old copy of a card that's been reprinted in standard
You can. Also turn off the name

Do... Do you actually think I drew these? If not you can look around to try to find where I stole the art, but I think you'll be disappointed.

I don't know why they chose those symbols, probably because that's where some of those cards came from.

Source - markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/147647255778/wizardsmagic-this-years-san-diego-comic-con

Thanks

>Jace, Undying Boytoy

No I thought you just took some DeviantArt pictures and threw them together to make them, it's really not that hard you could have done it in under an hour. But as I can see here: they're real, holy shit. Hopefully this is a sign that we're going to be fucking done with the Gatewatch, at least as a superhero team.

Every time I see Liliana in something Gatewatch-associated I think of pic related.

It's hell. You need to book time off if you want a chance. They generally go up a week or two after the con. For like 79.99 or something.

People set up programs to detect site updates and shit. It gets crazy.

So I'm guessing they lost this battle then?

There's four of them in the art, and the flavor text basically says they're losing, so presumably this is shortly before Liliana shows up and turns the tides.

>Hopefully this is a sign that we're going to be fucking done with the Gatewatch, at least as a superhero team.
Comic books always have that hypothetical "zombie-universe" lately. It's just an especially funny joke since one of the Gatewatch IS a necromancer who would bring them back from the dead just because.

Go up where? All the tumblr says is they'll be available "later" on hasbrotoyshop.com, no indicator of what part of the website to even look in. Did previous promos have a big ad on the front page of the site, or did one have to go searching?

Is Jace eating his own brain?

He is a mind sculptor after all.

You have to search for it when it comes up.

They will generally put the item up as "out of stock" a day or two before they actually put them up. Its limit one let customer.

You pretty much have to sit at your computer and constantly refresh. They sell out in minutes.

NEVER EVER

For sure the best one.

If only those were fucking dead forever and never seen again.

Bring back Urza, Mishra or some other badass.

>yfw this actually becomes canon in the next block

>Lily not a zombie

Its shit. Literally the only one I wanted as a zombie.

>Not black foil

I want more black foils damn it.

Of course Liliana isn't a zombie, that's the whole joke.

But shes the only one I wanted to be a zombie.

But that's what the joke is.

Fuck the joke nigga. I want litch lily.

>dead and smouldering Chandra, burnt beyond recognition
If only this could be real.

it would have been more interesting if they all fell prey to their color's shit

>ghost jace
>zombie lili
>farmer gideon

But the joke is that she's not.

This is the best gatewatch related thing

I feel like I've missed something. Why does Veeky Forums suddenly hate Chandra too? Someone said it in another thread too.

>there are people who will see these promos and genuinely think that it's some kind of sign of the Jacetice League's fate

Veeky Forums isn't a hive mind, but I hate Chandra because she's a knockoff Jaya Ballard, another character who wasn't charming beyond the first time. Chandra is just pure distilled selfishness, and has nothing to offer anybody beyond raw power.

I dislike the Gatewatch as a whole. Liliana is a cunt, Nissa's a moron, I'm pretty sure Kytheon isn't actually Gideon, he just killed the original character concept and slipped into his skin because he's more marketable, and Jace's face is all over everything all the time. But Chandra is a one-trick pony who is an awful human being who should have been executed for using her pyromancy to fucking rob people.

Nissa's flowers a cute

>bolstered then outlasted

Giggled like a bitch

>wotc will never make a good tibalt

shit, this is gold

>Implying the Raven man isn't Mishra possessed by Yawgmoth

>implying we won't get one on Kaladesh
>implying he isn't the next member of the gatewatch

> Tibalt, in his goal to cause havoc, deceives the Gatewatch in order to get close to them by pretending he wants to join, looking for the most opportune moment to betray them and get rid of these pesky do-gooders.
> Pretty much everyone falls for it
> Except for Lilianna, who blasts him with the chain veil the first time they are together in the same room

"Oh, don't be so aghast. I did us all a favor. Getting rid of dangerous problems is what you wanted me to do, right? Thats what this little club is for?"

And then Lilianna bullies Jace into buying her dinner because she did a good deed.

So how come Tamiyo didn't join the gatewatch?

Because joining the Gatewatch implies she will have to protect things by fighting, which she doesn't want to do, she is a Researcher and that is all that she wants to do with her life, not worry about protecting the world.

Basically she too busy sciencing to care about shit falling apart.

>but I hate Chandra because she's a knockoff Jaya Ballard, another character who wasn't charming beyond the first time
I hate her less because they had the torch-hand-off by having her say something nice about wanting to meet Jaya Ballard.

She's not Jaya Ballard, but she's an alright 'red-kills-with-fire' character from what I've seen.

Nissa isn't a moron. She's a xenophobic genocider that's been hand-waved into being a freaky-deaky tree-lover.

Because Tamiyo is actually an interesting character and the Gatewatch is shit.

Okay I kinda get that.

Was this in a novel or uncharted realms?
Also wasn't Kiora slightly invested in fucking up some Eldrazi, why hasn't she helped?

She is an observer, not a solver.

She didn't even want to get involved with the whole 'Innistrad is getting wrecked by cryptolith weirdness making the Angels insane' problem. She had the ability to purify Avacyn and solve the problem with the Angels single-handedly. She chose not to do so, however, because doing that would require her to not only unbind tools that she swore she would never use, but it generally violates her policy of non-interference.

Think of her like a nature photographer. She studies, she writes things down, she figures out patterns and puzzles in the pursuit of knowledge. But if she sees a gazelle getting chowed on by a lion, it isn't her place to step in on the gazelle's behalf. As a planeswalker, she isn't supposed to be here.

She also thinks that Jace is an idiot, and that him and the Gatewatch throwing themselves into the middle of situations they don't understand is going to end up with them killing a lot of people through their own brash ignorance.

The only reason she un-mindfucked Jace is because an insane telepathic planeswalker was, in her eyes, too big a danger to ignore since he could potentially drive entire planes to madness as well.

At the same time, she was perfectly fine with dying at the hands of Avacyn rather than violating her oaths.

So she isn't going to babysit the Gatewatch and shake her head every time they do something stupid. She has research to do instead. Stories to learn.

WHAT'S HIP AND COOL WITH THE KIDS

OH YEAH ZOMBIES

JUST SLAP THAT SHIT ON THERE

God, fuck zombies.

Kiora was invested in saving her home plane of Zendikar.

Zendikar has been saved.

She also isn't a part of the Gatewatch. She clearly doesn't play well with others either, she almost fucked over the plan on Zendikar on multiple occasions because she wanted to 1v1 Ulamog using the god-weapon she stole from Theros.

She did help in the end, though, using the bident to dump some of the Roil into the oceans of other planes and lessen the load of binding the Eldrazi 100% into Zendikar. Considering that Zendikar very nearly shattered like glass as it was, without her help there is a good chance that Zendikar would have exploded then and there and both Ulamog and Kozilek would have survived to continue being major threats.

Because God forbid we have my waifu get a bit more screen time.

THIS

Fuck you, Weremilf got dropped in EMN and I wanted more of her

wait really?
thats a bummer

Did you ever watch Star Trek? You remember the Prime Directive? That's basically her mantra; she doesn't interfere in the natural development of planes.

>She had the ability to purify Avacyn and solve the problem with the Angels single-handedly. She chose not to

This is an amazing Blue action. It's commendable, really, that they've got a planeswalker in the current cast who is actually limited by their ideals and principles.

Crisp. Crisp.

I feel like that actually explained her being part white in this expansion more, actually.

Blue tends to have a very utilitarian approach to things, albeit not as much as black, while White does tend to have the kind of thinking where forbidden means FORBIDDEN, even if it's the only way to save your life.

She is, so far, one of the only blue characters we've seen that can separate "can" and "should," so that's progress.

I think it's more that she didn't get much reference in EMN rather than being completely dropped. One of the latest story articles implied that she and Ulrich were fighting against corrupted werewolves. Other than that I don't think I saw a single flavor text referencing her.

>Delving for six
my sides have traversed the blind eternities

This fits perfectly with my theory that the second a character goes Green, they sink into the background.

>farmer gideon wiping the sweat from his brow, linen shirt open nearly to the navel
What would Nissa be, though?

>I'm pretty sure Kytheon isn't actually Gideon, he just killed the original character concept and slipped into his skin because he's more marketable
This is how I know you're just being contrarian. Literally all that's different about Gideon post-Origins is that instead of being an almost entirely generic good-guy action hero who punches baddies inna face, he's a good-guy action hero who punches baddies inna face who grew up on the streets. Fucking please.

>She had the ability to purify Avacyn and solve the problem with the Angels single-handedly
So, she could have un-mindfucked Gisela and Bruna?

I think I like Tamiyo a little less now. I'm still kinda upset about that. RIP.

Werewolf probably
And chandra would be a vampire

Can we make these cards canon?

But Nissa and Chandra already embody their colors. Nissa's an elf, the tried-and-true green tribe while Chandra is just burn burn burn burn burn fugg burn. She's basically Jaya 2.0

You should be more upset that Wizards thought that meld was an interesting mechanic for two legendary creatures. Brisela? Who writes that garbage?

I guess I need to get the Jace for any UB zombie deck I build from now on. But isn't he seeing play in Standard? Fuck me, it'll be out the ass.

3/3 Beast Token.

Gideon is truly the best of the watch

Literally having sex with a tree; possibly becoming a tree. Can we get alternate art for Song of the Dryads that is treeified Nissa?

Lili did make her a flower pot.

>There are people who get fucking triggered by the Gatewatch

A wedge or "ramp" with a bunch of leaves and other nature shit thrown onto it.

Lost it at cream-filled.

How fucking old is Liliana anyways? I mean, yeah, she was an Old Walker, but how long was she planeswalking around before the mending?

According to mtgsalvation, over a century. Technically true, but...

>She had the ability to purify Avacyn and solve the problem with the Angels single-handedly.

Was that ever explicitly stated? I don't remember purification being mentioned anywhere. I thought the bit about the story about Serra's realm only implied Tamiyo had the power to destroy Avacyn, which would parallel Radiant getting BTFO.

Strange how it makes her a better character all of a sudden.

Imagine how better it would be if Gideon was like that.

It should just have been called "The Voice of Nightmares". Brisela is a fanfic tier retarded name.

She melds with a forest.

Well how else should we interpret the most hated entity in Magic as dead other than a hope for the future?

not yet, as soon as Origins cycles out he's going up though

This made me lost hard.

Epic job user.

We're not entirely sure. I think most people assume she's between 400-1,000 years old, because she knew about Innistrad and Sorin "relatively early on" in her Planeswalker days, and even then she knew to not fuck around with Sorin on Innistrad.

But then the Mending happened, and everyone got de-powered from their godlike status.

>Bring back Urza, Mishra or some other badass.
This is already Weatherlight Saga 2: Electric Boogaloo. Granted, Sisay was very hot, but come on.

>caring about the lore

>Dead Gatewatch
If only.