Make a somewhat interesting fantasy plot hook in a single sentence

Make a somewhat interesting fantasy plot hook in a single sentence.

>Angel being hunted by evil adventurers falls from Heaven, breaks its wing, and demands the party take him/her back.

>BBEG is a mad bard that composes a song that is so beautiful it kills people, party must become completely deaf to fight him.

>Party meets a young woman that is being stalked by her guard ex-husband and it turns out she killed in his sleep him a year prior.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3OW0pb-psRQ&t=0m32s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the niggest comes to town, shenanigans ensue

>A powerful wizard tries to institute gay marriage in the kingdom so he can find an innocent young man to sacrifice for a complicated ritual and become a lich

A huge sinkhole opens up in the desert, revealing a massive underground city.

Best hook for evil party:

Beware! The Lord of The Land approches!

youtube.com/watch?v=3OW0pb-psRQ&t=0m32s

>The collective afterlife of the universe where souls go to lose their memories in the next step in the wheel of resurrection.

>A theocratic nation-state kills a rival deity.

You have all died and have been chosen to help run the day to day task for the celestial bureaucracy

the party is hired to to fully explore the deep and unpenetrated great eastern woods

turns out that the woods are just very, very big and so densely wooded that little light gets trough. So only more mundane creatures can find sufficient food here. Many times powerful adventures have been hired to explore and chart these vast woods. But it's just to boring

A powerful wizard seeks to destroy the barriers between the material plane and the afterlife, making death meaningless.

Stolen from a thread recently

>The PCs wake up only to find that an ogre as wandered into their campsite. It sits on a rotting log near the campfire and occasionally stares at the PCs with a blank expression on its face. If the PCs leave, it follows. Clearly this is a newly "awakened" troll that seems to have imprinted on the PCs

>While skirting the edge of Dovakar, a pair of mules burst out of the treeline and almost trample the PCs. One of the mules carries many bags and containers filled with who knows what. The other mule carries a dead rider with numerous arrows in his back.

>A wizard has turned your party into adorable little bunnies, with miniature outfits and equipment. PC's
Go on a size-appropriate quest. Possibly for the mayor of Rabbiton, or perhaps Lord Guinea of the Piggleshires.

>Strange rumors of horrific murders and bad omens bring adventurers to the major capital of the southern part of the realm. While searching for information a massive explosion levels the temple district. The party witnesses a shadow cloaked in fire walking through the devastation. The gods walk the earth again.

>Gelatinous cube street cleaning service is malfunctioning, eating vendors carts, signs, and even small animals

>A city on a hill filled with streamers and colored ribbons, flags, scraps of cloth. The entire town is a (tasteful) riot of color atop grey stone and brown dirt. The walls near the front gate have been broken, each one an indefensible bore in the city's defenses. Hastily-built scaffolds, crawling with soldiers carrying blocks of stone, surround them. As the terrain ascends, the architecture becomes more vertical -- towers, multi-story buildings, facades, monuments, whatever. At the very summit a once-silver tower has been blackened -- whether from fire or sorcery, you don't know. However, the rest of the town is clean; no fires, no bodies, no damage.

One sentence dude

Everyone in the world suddenly finds a perfect doppelganger of themselves appearing right next to them.

>Long ago in a distant land, I Aku, shapeshifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish samurai wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.

All the orcs in the country are dying of a mysterious disease.

>the PC'S attempt to have the disease transfer to the local elf population, instead.

Creatures of the Far Realm invade and initiate a war on a divine scale, the party being part of an elite sting operation to kill the mastermind.

>>Angel being hunted by evil adventurers falls from Heaven, breaks its wing, and demands the party take him/her back.

Fuck you too, OP. Ruined the Disciples games.

>I said, the sheriff's a -DONG-

>now neither of us will be virgins!

>A cult tattoos Phoenix feathers on their chest for every time they've resurrected.

>A previously beaten BBEG returns as a revenant.

you win this thread

>The Tax Man has come to collect the PCs back taxes and he won't be nice about it.

>PCs are found to not have citizenship or visas for the nation they're currently adventuring in

>The PCs must submit their earnings under the Adventurer and Archaeologist Revenue Tracking Order of King Belfur the IX, they've lost or not kept all their receipts

>PCs are under investigation for Tomb Raiding and Desecration of the (Un)Dead

>only one person has a tattoo because resurrection spells are FUCKING EXPENSIVE

Works for local group playing at table
>You are all yourselfs on a plane returning from a group holiday when the plane crashes just oustide New York, afterwards you find a zombie outbreak has broken out, you must find your way home to your home town to your family in Texas.

>Deity of all sapient life reincarnates party after death without their permission, party attempts to cope with new bodies

>Go on a size-appropriate quest. Possibly for the mayor of Rabbiton, or perhaps Lord Guinea of the Piggleshires.

> tfw someone quoted you between threads

So basically it's turning an epic fantasy adventure into a quirky slice-of-life comedy.

I like it.

>>BBEG is a mad bard that composes a song that is so beautiful it kills people, party must become completely deaf to fight him.
Classic

>Everything louder than everything else.

"I need a heal spell!"
"Why would you want to go to seal hell?"
etc, etc

>"Meal smell?"

THIS IS NO TIME TO EAT MAN!

I'm glad you do! Thought of it myself

'YOU WANT TO EAT MAN?!?"

>A portal to the Plane of Water is opened in the middle of a kingdom, flooding the countryside and unleashing new aquatic terrors

>A vast nation of Bird-folk invade from a new continent, and wage war on all other sentient creatures

>Adventurers keep disappearing after visiting the local tavern, which turns out to be one gigantic mimic

>>A theocratic nation-state kills a rival deity.
I misread Nation-state as Nation-snake.

Which sounds rad.

Most of these ideas are complete garbage.

This one is good: Thank you, user.

For D&D. Concept loosely based on the Unfleshed from WH40K.

> while adventuring in the Abyss, the party encounters a group of demons who worship the sun god, Pelor (!)
> main leader has a heavily-damaged copy of whatever the Pelor version of the Bible is, and managed to convert a sizable number of lesser demons to his cause
> demons worship Pelor using "irregular" rituals (including offering blood and using conventionally-unholy symbolism) but otherwise seem to accurately grasp the basic "fight evil, do good, bring light" concept (i.e. they are genuinely good, not worshiping Pelor because they think he's strong or whatever)
> party must assist demon army in taking out a demon lord like Yeenoghu

It was supposed to be a single sentence; why the hell can't I read

Well, I guess I'd better donate all my wordly possessions to the chu

>Flood the world scenario

I actually like it. It would be hell to implement successfully though. Half the game would probably be spent hopping from driftwood to driftwood, and the other half would be on a boat.

Party returns to a city only to find it, inhabited entirely by Liches and demiliches LARPing as commoners/townsfolk. The original inhabitants are nowhere to be found.

LARP becomes popular throughout the world. While larping a band of high level Lawful Good adventurers accidentally set the country on fire.

>An absurd dreamlike world filled with evil dopplegangers threatens to overwrite our own reality; are you a bad enough dude to stop the catfish responsible?

>One cold winter night, the local drunkard gets an odder than normal gleam in his eyes, and he says, 'Really, what is there to keep us from becoming gods?'

>Nation-Snake
This needs to be a thing, and it needs to be a thing immediately.

Only because I'm drunk:

> the lord highers them to put down a rebellion, as the stakes rise so does the moral consequences I.E failure to properly clear a village leads to it's massacre or vis versa, make them think they are in the right then shift it

> civil war, their cause is selfish, so is ours, you are hot good people but you think you are. Like the French terror, win the martial war and the one for public opinion, making policies as you go

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR FUCKING PLAN!"

Based

>Then one day, you all meet Death....
>....she needs a favor.

"Go kill some people. I hear you're good at it."

Bored ancient lich stages massive gladiatorial fight, promises wealth; whiskey, and women to whoever wins.

Are we talking a kingdom founded on the head of a giant snake as it rides through the world, moving the kingdom with it, a giant Snake that the kingdom worships and is based around, or a snake that is the personification of the Spirit of the nation's people?

Not that we've defined it yet, but plot hook:

>Someone forgot to feed the Nation Snake.

The Nation Snake hungers.... FOR BLOOD!

those are my three favorite Ws!

I know right!?! All you have to do is beat this guy!

...fuck.

Everything is suddenly Awakened, and now every animal, plant and rock has an opinion.

And they want to tell it to EVERYONE.

"The loud house" now has a whole new meaning

Less "the loud house", and more "the loud existence".

>black pudding merges with golems made of iron ore, corrupting them

The campaign is focused around finding the idiot who decided to make golems out of raw iron.

Blazing Saddles with orcs and elves instead.

>In a medieval fantasy setting you are sent by Duke Alexander of the duchy of Littleton to investigate mysterious meteorites

Ka-bump!

>The party gets a limited time travel ability that sends their minds back in time, they try to make things better but only succeed in fucking up even more.

Wow, I knew you and Dan were close but this is still shocking

Someone has predicted that an immovable rod will strike the earth in one month, and the PCs must stop it.

> A harpy gets infatuated to the party's member with the highest Charisma and starts following them around.

> The party gets the sacred quest of finding the next Chosen One,who turns out to be a baby orc.

> An awakened lion with surprisingly awesome political skills asks the party to help him become the king of the jungle.

> Party walk into a dead giant and find a "Wanted" poster with one the party's members face on it among the giant's stuff.

> The party must find an old sorceress and give back a magic jar containing a djinn to her so she can formulate her last wish