That campaign you would love to be in, but know you will never be able to play in

>That campaign you would love to be in, but know you will never be able to play in

Tell be about it Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

morningstarfs.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2006-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&updated-max=2007-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&max-results=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_to_Be_a_God
dropbox.com/sh/o1gfj3yebbxzxga/AADGjSDHC_nlDWOhqHZ1xjR7a?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My magical realm

Starting with myself, Its got to be a PTU game where I can get away with playing a self-insert.

I know the system is a clusterfuck (I've tried to run it) and self-inserts are only good if you are with a group that is cool with it it and lighthearted games at that, but the idea of raising a timid little street meowth into a badass and a dear friend sounds absolutely kick ass. Also I play with long time friends so we could all jump on the self-insert crap.

Two parties. One evil one good. The evil one is sent by the evil baron to disrupt the dukedom of McGoodDuke. They're to engage in terrorist activities in an attempt to diminish his power.

The good group starts a little later and are tasked by the Duke to go investigate these terrible occurrences and put an end to it.

A back and forth game of cloak and dagger counter-intelligence and spy networks.

Have a campaign with NO magic WHAT SO EVER. Hardcore physics apply. Don't tell the players except for the "wizard". He's actually from an advanced space-faring civilization, and this is a "museum world". Give him a gun (a wand), some tools, maybe a laptop (glowing arcane spellbook), maybe radio contact with a spy satellite.

Regulations: Whatever force got/put him here has strict rules about what he's allowed to do. The first and foremost is hiding in plain sight all of his technological goodies. He's also not allowed to try and genocide any of the races, or overthrow any kingdoms. The main stress here is LOW IMPACT, except where high command sees fit.

It's encouraged for him to avoid doing the actual grunt-work and instead get some local rubes to do the "herioc deeds" and whatnot.

Missions:
-Recover lost tech from other travelers
-Supress technologial advancement. Smash looms and stuff.
-Kill a rogue wizard. (no, not an ACTUAL wizard with rogue classes, some other traveler who broke the rules)

The other players ARE NOT IN ON IT. And everything the wizard does is described per the setting.

A man with irridecent flowing robes and strange mannerisms consults a glowing book of powerful spells, flicks his wrists, and with a thunderclap your friends head explodes.

D&D setting as a far-future post-humanism agrarian society. Societies split, then a schism happened and war escalated. The military might of nations was unleashed in the form of dragons. The war was severe and dragons razed most of the landscape.

Elves as the post-humanist separation of the "beautiful people". They have nice toys, which operate mostly on their own. Most live as "high" city elves, but the tree-huger and emo variety exists as well. Elves move about as their moods change. Although they enjoy a post-scarcity society they limit breeding as a deep set cultural convention. There were serious wars about this a while ago. Their lives revolve around drama and the court. Most adventurers are elves who have turned their back on their society for whatever reason or those who get exiled (which is their death sentence equivalent). Elven warriors are made up of those in (wuffie)debt, those who enjoy it, or those looking to make room for someone else to have a kid. But if push ever comes to shove, the elven gods (who are really just the rock-stars with the most access) would bring the hurt with the big guns and direct the dragons to do their bidding. Some even still listen to the deepset genetic code. Of course, that's what caused most of the world to be wiped clean. So the few remaining elven cities operate under a certain MAD truce.

Dwarves are morlocks. They're the post-humanist separation of the IT crowd. Technocrats who have done what they can to abandon the world. They hone their "magic" down in the depths of the earth, ever looking for exotic "gems" and "ores" (uranium, lithium, etc). They made the elven cities and all that makes them elves. They also give birth to the dragons, and imprinted the control routines into their heads. But they went their separate ways a while ago after dwarves automated the elven toys. Every great once in a while, the elves have to beg the dwarves for a new power source or to fix a toy. They're ever looking for insight into their dark arts and hope to spread out to the stars. As keepers of the sacred flame throughout the age of dragons, many are obsessed with safeguarding ancient tomes, ruins, and whatnot. So they bury it under mountains and shit. The surface has been more or less written off as a mess. Dwarven adventurers, like elves, are often exiles, but some voluntarily set out to scout how the surface is doing, or to research some long-lost treasure trove, or to inspect an ancient cache of whatnot. All are strictly forbidden of causing any ruckus amoungst the elven nobles least the prats start at it again.

Humans are the outbred standard that survived on the fringes of the wars and is now coming back.

Orcs are the inbred freaks that survived the wars and came out the worse for it. Deformed, aggressive, more animalistic, less socialized. They also have a greater variety and many local flavors.

A lot of monsters are simply evolved/experimented animals. Gnolls, owlbears, giant frogs, centaurs, and the rest are biproducts that were chucked out the back door and left to fend for themselves.

Dragons were the workhorse of the old wars. The ultimate mobile tank. They were tasked with raveging the surface and they did well. The old ones have the strongest imprint and will heed the beck and call of those with the proper codes. I mean, "know their true name". They mostly sleep in maintenance mode awaiting the next war and their next instructions. The younger ones born during the age of dragons, and later generations, are more independent and have started to collect hordes of wealth. And these degenerated drakes serve no master at all, but don't have anywhere near the dragons power.

A good planetary romance game.

Wild west high fantasy

I want a campaign where the PCs either start as or end up becoming badass Cold War operators, doing anti-Commie missions culminating in them starting an anti-communist revolution in Moscow.

Unfortunately if that were to happen, I'd have to convince my play group to use a modern-setting game system, and then I'd have to GM it myself since I doubt anyone else would be invested enough.

But the idea of hugging all that delicious Cold War tech in the bitter cold of Russia as you wait for some plinko's car to drive by so you can kidnap him warms my heart.

like wizards as cowboys and shit?

Everyone in the party were former BBEG minions after being defeated by some nature goddess have to now make it by in this world where the good guys won

Truly troupe style Ars Magica game with fellow medievalists like myself where we tell epic tales of wizards, dragons, knights going on quests, thwarting demons, and exploring the mysteries of magic. We would each take turns GMing the same saga of the same covenant, each GM having their own story to tell but all of us weaving the world together with a large cast of characters that continues to grow as both NPCs and PCs come and go but the Covenant remains.

I have a degree in religious studies and philosphy, with an emphasis on medieval thought (Christian, Judaic, and Islamic). My wife is a graduate student in art history, emphasis on medieval manuscripts. I know quite a few medievalists of varying topics and expertise. But none of them besides myself and my wife are available or interested in being in a troupe style game. I try to find people that are interested in it online but they only want to play it like a traditional dungeon delving game or a World of Darkness emo social game; not to mention that many of them don't know shit about he middle ages beyond pop culture knowledge and usually have some sort of rose-colored Neo-Pagan feminazi bullshit of how the society was at the time.

ok yeah I'd play that

One that meets every week, consistently, until we reach a conclusion. That's my god damn dream.

I want to play a demon trucker that uses his wits and his infernal Fell-rig to transport shipments for Satan with the help of his friends, avoiding the bikers, beasts and demons that wish to way lay him on his Smokey and the bandit meets ghost rider journey

thisthisthis

I want my friends to want Fading Suns as bad as I do, but played with Kingdom or Reign.

The best campaign I ever ran with in Fading Suns. Funny enough, we used the shitty default system too. Even put a campaign log on a blog: morningstarfs.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2006-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&updated-max=2007-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&max-results=1

Unfortunately it was a college game and didn't last too long.

this is dope, looks like you had fun

Getting everyone in the mood to do courtly romance in space is hard.

A campaign that I GM.

Not forever GM, but rather "want to GM and can't bring myself to do it"

Hah, interesting.

Also reminds me of en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_to_Be_a_God

Something I'd like to run:
- Warhammer 40k.
- PCs are human serfs of the Blood Ravens.
- Specifically, they are responsible for logistics. They handle getting the gear and supplies to the battlefield so that the Blood Ravens can use them.
- Yes, that means that the PCs are probably going to be doing the thieving that the Blood Ravens are known for.
- To make things more interesting, they also have to keep the thieving secret from the Blood Ravens as most of them believe the 'gift' explanations.

Legacy of Kain

Summoner

Never going to happen.

First one would be impossible and the 2nd one I haven't ever met anybody else who has heard of it.

Oddly I wouldn't mind playing in the Sword of Truth world. It would be fun to just go around assassinating all of the major world leaders for being insufferable shits.

The one that is Battletech, follows the rules and the lore, and the GM isn't some douchebag who shoehorns stupid bullshit like force powers or catching pokemon into there.

Honest to god, that's all I really want. I can run it a thousand times but I'll never get a chance to play it.

Fire Emblem/Advance Wars campaign, complete with obligatory romance.
Yeah, I know, cringey waifu garbage yadda yadda, but for fuck's sake I want to play out a PC romance at least once.

I stopped at Wizard's First Rule. What did I miss?

I just want a good elder scrolls campaign that isn't fucking skyrim and doesn't die after three sessions

A game set in the Thief universe or something like it might be cool. Alternatively, just a stealth-focused campaign would be nice.

That sounds difficult to pull off, because there are no proper murderhobos in TES save actual murderhobos like bandits and looters. Every PC or BBEG in TES has a strong connection to the metaplot conflict between change and stasis. A group of PCs would be hard to fit into such roles, and if they aren't then they're doomed to insignificance as far as large-scale consequences go. Also difficult to come up with a good meaningful plot as it takes a great deal of understanding of the rather complicated setting.

I've never got to play campaigns apart from couple REALLY gutted and shitty ones with no enjoyment in them, so I have quite an extensive lists of stuff I want to play.

"Luddite" technowizards, now there's an interesting concept

It's not that difficult. Oblivion's protagonist was just some random jerkoff.

A really low-powered Shadowrun game where the characters are like kids and stuff, that is the frame story for a ridiculously over the top superpower D&D game that is actually a VR MMO that the kids are playing.

Something that doesn't die after two sessions, with at least one person who doesn't always HAVE to roleplay the openly caustic shitstick who actively does his best to ensure that everyone is so frustrated that the campaign halts.

...Is your pic related? How'd you campaign that?

>A game set in the Thief universe or something like it might be cool. Alternatively, just a stealth-focused campaign would be nice.
Shadowrun replacing cyber- with steam- in punk?

Not really. The steampunk stuff in Thief was always kind of incidental, the setting didn't revolve around it so much as it revolved around The City generally being a shithole.

Dont worry about my magical realms.

An all-rogue campaign. I don't really mean D&D. Could be anything. Full of political intrigue. War, spying, assassinations. Enormous battles. A vast world full of different cultures.

Swear to god one more campaign that's just one small continent fighting against a lich who raised an army of dead. Ugh... If only....

A dieselpunk post apocalyptic game where giant abominations and colossi have awakened. The party is a team of monster hunters who are hired by cities to slay the creatures when they venture too close to the cities.

Literally anything where I'm not DMing

Well, they always started as that. Thing is the cosmology of TES dictates you're either some random jerkoff who grows potatoes and lives exactly as fate ordains or you're a Hero that, in the course of doing whatever the fuck he wants, changes the universe

A GURPS or other flexible system game where players are a bunch or old top party bureaucrats serving in the presidential cabin of a fledgling totalitarian dictatorship. They are all members of their own rebel factions vying for power and trying to take over while also having to appease the president by doing their jobs, governing, spreading propoganda, managing the economy, crushing rebel grouos and arresting political dissenters all while also trying to both fuck eachother over AND having to work together because no one can achieve power without help from others / if they don't cooperate the president fires and probably kills them for doing a snhitty job of running the country. Whole thing woukd ideally add up to a spying / intrgue heavy game full of twists. The players would also get a second character, their top spy / enforcer who does all their dirty work.

Star Wars A-Team. Each session is a new episode.

I didn't know I wanted this, but now I do. Sounds dope.

I want to be a Paladin in a good campaign with a party of real heroes.

My group are a bunch of loot hungry murder hobos (well, murder home owners now) and I'm growing tired of being evil.

I'm gonna do this in Eberron based in sharn with kharath as the bad guys. There two groups of PCs and they aren't going to know about each other

Just simple, Conan-esque Sword and Sorcery in TRoS or SoS or something is what I'd love to play one day.

Neat, I'd play it

I know how you feel man

This picture inspired a setting. Thank you.

You've basically been describing the Secret Unsaid Nod and a Wink Great Lore of Greyhawk, because you've basically described Jack Vance's Dying Earth.

Is PTU fun? Do you play with people online?
Can I play with you?

I want a campaign where I am playing as an young boy with some cute special feature(like bunny/other animal ears, but none of that actual furry shit) and a stupidly large cock. The campaign world is very sexually liberated, as in people are not afraid of touching and getting close to each other boldly, but mainly that only applies to my character. Naturally every girl/woman in the world is stupidly sexy/voluptuous/thick/whatever they call it these days and wears revealing and elaborate outfits, no matter their race.

The storyline itself could be something really basic like saving a far away kingdom from some evil force. But that is only there as an excuse to let my character travel to exotic locations and meet up a wide cast of incredibly sexy ladies. And fuck them stupid because in this world every woman is not afraid of getting railed by a kid. So the entire adventure is just going around, flirting, making out and fooling around with hot chicks, while also gathering a huge harem. Imagine a scenario where the player runs across a busty shortstack traveller, rails her silly, then later the player arrives at her village where tons of that traveller's friends had heard about what an incredible lay you are and are now casually lifting their skirts in hopes of getting a round with you. Or how about proving to your milfy mother that you are man enough to leave your home, by pinning her to the bedsheets and making her your woman. Or how about, for once, giving the cute and married shopkeeper lady a nice bonus shag for repairing your equipment, and they are excited about it too, its not like they usually get a satisfying bonus like that for their work.

The campaign would be pretty much character interraction focused. There could be some combat, but perhaps working around with a gimmick like summoning others to fight for you, alongside your possible party members. Party members obviously are the cornerstone of your personal harem.

Welcome to my fucking magical realm.

>No shota x shota or the MC getting railed by a mob of faceless men
It's shit

I wish the older series would've explored the city more. You could wander around some parts of it in the Third one, but it wasn't all that good.

A campaign that's fun.

There has to be a Jap game that panders to this.
Monstergirl Quest comes to mind, but that's less 'sweet' and more fucked up.
I'd join up with a waifu campaign, but only to have a character seek out his 'one true love' while the other women enjoy his company.

Not my thing personally, but if you want to swap the gals with guys, who is to stop you?
Surprisingly, there isnt. They all tend to be more fucked up with rape subtexts or something, instead of sweetness and light hearted tone. Your character idea is neat though, but who is to say that the one true love isnt actually give seperate babes at the same time?

Meant to say "five seperate babes at the same time".

Are you me?

Most likely not. But I think you have a great taste either way.

I just want to play a game where I'm allowed to build things.

Nah I'd just want to fap to a well drawn hentai of that. Its not wrong to have fetishes, but to mix them with a game of story seems a bit meh, especially when all you have is your mind for graphics.
>tfw all good hentai of elves is ntr/orc rape garbage

It seems really fun to play but a LOT off book keeping
I do, but at capacity
we aren't running it anymore cuz it was just a side game

At the moment, I would love to play a Guilty Gear campaign, with the requirement that every player must have not a character picture, but a character theme. sadly my current players apart being extremely ignorant in music, are really, really awful

>Casanova Adventure Path
Fund it.
Hell, I'd write it under a pseudonym if it would sell.
>20 dungeons/Cities
>4 adventurere/monster babes in every dungeon
>Different interactions based on whether you fight them/your class and attributes
>Flirty and cute shopkeeper lady
Now my problem would be writing it without immediately writing it to pander exclusively to me.

>Nah I'd just want to fap to a well drawn hentai of that.
But a hentai game, comic or video wouldnt have the freedom of you choosing who to go with or who not to go with. Thats why having it has a campaign with a neat story is a sweet joy.

What said

I just want a good One Piece game that lasts a long time.

I would play the fuck out of that.
No idea of what kind of character I would make in a BO game, but in case of SR campaign I'm going to roll a Dumahim for sure.

>Oh no, I ordered two tablecloths instead of one
>What should I do with the second one?
>...

I just really want to do a FATAL game some time.
Not because I think it's good, just because I want to be *that* guy for once and obviously live out my fetishes on the table with the thin veneer of justification given by the roleplaying context.

I just could never return to my club afterwards. Hell, I'd probably have to move.

I want to play a game where I can really let my /k/ autism go full throttle.
Said game would probably be a GURPS game set in either world war 2,cold war, or modern warfare. The team would play as a tank crew just bringing hell to anything in sights.
Just imagine being in a Tiger that was overrun by Russian conscripts who are beating on the hatch trying to get in and you only have your pistol and field knife.
Or being a Marine mg team fendimg off waves of Japs with pic related.
Or being a SS unit fighting who fough all the way from France, to Moscow and then back to France against the invasion.

I would probably buy it at a reasonable price. And then fap to it, because I know no one I would be comfortable with playing it

About as long as the anime/manga?

Alright niggers listen up, I'm about to tell you degenerates about muthafuggin Blue Planet. The best water themed sci-fi western/frontier game this side of the wormhole.

Basically, it's a game that pays respect to science (it has actual orbital mechanics thought out about the star system the game takes place in) and manages to blend the freedom of the old american westward expansion with the social and political aspects of a more "punk" setting.

The best part is the ability to play whatever the fuck you want in the setting.
>The characters could be GEO Peacekeepers stationed at an isolated outpost or garrison.
>The characters could be GEO Patrol officers in one of the waterworld's major colonial settlements.
>The characters could be a ecoterrorist cell fighting a covert war against the Incorporate's exploitation of Poseidon.
>The characters could be covert operatives in the security forces of an Incorporate state waging industrial and political espionage against its rivals.
>The characters could be gangsters and enforcers in one of the syndicates that dominate the criminal underworld of Poseidon.
> The characters could be sentient cetaceans with fuckin TORPEDO HARNESSES.
>The characters could be native insurgents waging a desperate war against the encroachment of the newcomers who threaten their traditional way of life.
>The characters could be rugged pioneers battling a dangerous planet-and sometimes themselves-in an effort to carve a new civilization from the wilderness.
>The characters could be guides and frontiersmen who brave Poseidon's savage wilderness to explore the planet's darkest corners.

It both panders to my need for (pseudo) hard sci-fi and has this quality of adventure that tickles me in a special way. And no one I know wants to touch it cause they like playing what they know and don't want to try something new.

What kind of horrible monster includes force powers and pokemon into Battletech? That's fucking terrible, I'm actually angry now.

sounds boring as shit famalam

Dark Heresy meets Weekend at Bernie's one shot where the inquisitor has a heart attack in the middle of his introduction to the party

>he cant play a game without a heavy combat focus

You might want to pick a better battle than the shotacon fantasy for this one

Maybe he's gay and the thought of having sex with women sounds boring?

A group of heavily flawed and slightly incompetent rogues struggle both against the monsters in the wilderness and against each other as they attempt to attain as much wealth and power as possible while still remaining somewhat decent people.
As they make powerful enemies and are dragged into political intrigue to try and defeat them, they slowly become better people and actually try to improve things for the common man, even if they have to go through Hell to do it.

He's right, actually. The best ERP games are just regular campaigns but with sex happening also. Trying to make it all about lewds will get stale faster than one expects.

>Trying to make it all about lewds will get stale faster than one expects.

If the lewds is good, no it doesnt.

I am trying to do this right now.
Emphasis on trying.

I'd be up for that. Like hardcore

Playing in this setting. Full magical realm, it doesn't matter which side we have to play on.

Holy shit, I didn't know I wanted this.

>sentient gun colony
That's going in my gonzo OSR setting's monster manual

damn,do you have the pdfs?

anything run by a competent GM #foreverGM

dropbox.com/sh/o1gfj3yebbxzxga/AADGjSDHC_nlDWOhqHZ1xjR7a?dl=0

wow, thanks a lot

>when its pure murder hobo all the way

>when it's pure social combat all the way

>when the GM combines social and physical combat without it feeling forced

Honestly i think i just need a good GM.....
Is this what it's like being a Forever GM?

TFW people wanna play your obscure game.

Imagine having a bunch of fun ideas for characters and never getting to play them because everyone else is too lazy to learn how to run a game.

Thats pretty much been my life since day one. Why does a forever DM have to be forever?

cuz we are the only ones in our group willing to put the effort into telling a story and put other peoples good time above our own. We also are adult enough to let people whine without picking up our ball and going home

Hell yeah.