How can infantry players compete with tanks players? You've got more armor, better speed and heavy weapons on the field

How can infantry players compete with tanks players? You've got more armor, better speed and heavy weapons on the field.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jCMNWAJiz5Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well, it depends, do Monstrous Creatures qualify ans infantry?

>protip: If you are a guard player take a 50 man blob with 5 lascannons, a psyker, and a command squad. During the psychic phase cast prescience on the blob. During the shooting phase issue the order: Bring it down! ...profit

Affix bayonets.

Because tanks are a bigger target and can't capture stuff

By taking objectives.

It's a little hard to take an objective if your men are dead.

Yes. So infantry die.

This doesn't model real life in the slightest, but it's not meant to. It's meant to sell overpriced models, so your tank is the KEWLEST IN THE WORLD AND IT KILLED ALL OF BILLY'S GUYS AND YOU WON AND YOU GET TO BUY MORE STUFF NAO!

And both tanks and infantry suck compared to monstrous creatures, gargantuans, and superheavies.

I don't even use super heavies, I've just got tanks.

I've spent about 1,500 on the tanks and forgeworld items but its only because everything in Aus is overpriced.

Speaking of infantry, Anyone here use theses? Rapiers.

You obviously didn't bring enough men.

bring more men.

Depends on the edition.
If the stars are right, tanks are garbage period.

Quad mortar rapiers don't exist in 40k for Guard. I'd love to have some. I'm using my 3rd party ones as heavy quad launchers at the moment.

You don't need 'em. Bring Wyverns. They're slightly flimsier (jesus FUCK arty is dead 'ard in 7th ed) but they turn blobs into compost.

>don't use the unit you already have
>instead get this new expensive kit from GW
>get 3 of them

Yeah, no. Next codex will nerf them and the one after that will make them useless. Remember when Vendetta spam was the shit? Or Manticore spam?

Wyverns are an edition and a half in and no nerf in sight. I'm not worried.

And besides, if you're annoyed, take your hydra and chop the barrels off, then magnetize them so they can go back on.

And if THAT'S not enough you can get a Wyvern for $30 if you look hard enough. Less if you don't mind them used.

Well it used to be all infantry that had grenades wounded the majority of tanks on a 4+ in melee. But GW in their INFINITE WISDOM decided only one guy is smart enough per squad to slap a mine on the tank that's crushing his entire squad.

You can field dozens of infantry units per cost point of one tank.
Or don't you love Stalin and his favorite strategy of burying his opponents in bodies?

Don't you love the imperial guard how they march around the sun?

>tfw you'll never march around the sun in a circle made out of cruiser and frigate class vessels because Eldrad the Trollseer convinced the Warmaster that it was the only way to keep a Tyranid splinter fleet away..

>deep strike a suicide AT unit on them tank fuckers
Now your opponent has a choice.
>shoot at the blob in front of him
>shoot at the AT behind him
If he shoots the guys behind him the blob gets another turn to advance on him, or the objectives
If he shoots the guys in front the AT behind him will pop his tank's stupid ass.

Once the blob gets close to his tanks they die. Even the IG can sneak melta bombs into their troops, which will make short work of pretty much any tank. Or if his tank is a walker, just sent in a blob to tarpit the shit out of it. If his tank is stuck for two turns chopping up little gitz then they've done their job.

If you honestly think tanks are straight better than infantry you're dumb.

For some reason my Chaos Rapiers do hilariously well with Hades Autocannons. You wouldn't think they'd be great, but shitting out 12 S8 AP4 Pinning shots from cover is something a surprisingly high amount of people ignore for the big scary Defiler in the back field.

youtube.com/watch?v=jCMNWAJiz5Y

Did someone say an-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sorry chaos rapiers? What?

Easy. Suicide bombers.

Next question.

They're in IA13. Can take Laser-Destroyers, Hades Autocannons, Ectoplasma Cannons, and Heavy Conversion Beamers.

You mind showing us what they look like?

I'm at work at the moment, but it's literally the Hades Autocannons from the Forgefiend sprue strapped to the Rapier chassis in place of the Destroyer. It's a simple enough conversion.

You fucked up the quote

i like how only IG gets beat with the fucking Nerf stick. Meanwhile Eldar fags run wild with OP shit codex after codex (except waveserpents, but those are still really good amirite-- a fucking transport that could fly over shit and tank shock)

>i like how only IG gets beat with the fucking Nerf stick

They're not.

oh yeah? how come IG used to be top tier 8 years ago but now struggle to crack top 40 at major tourneys?

What does that have to do with anything? The point was IG isn't the only army that got nerfed. You think IG is the only bad army in the game or something? You're a retard.

>You're a retard.

i might be retarded, but at least im not a jew nigger faggit like you

All I see is a smoking wreck.

This image needs to be a gif now.

Probably should've posted a gauss weapon.

Don't forget that the new FAQ basically lets lances ignore quantum shields.

I just don't need them. Just like I didn't need vendettas, etc.