ITT: post pictures of shipwrecks and other ocean stuff

ITT: post pictures of shipwrecks and other ocean stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tInHUbz3B_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Check this out.

FYI. This is actually a painting not a photo.

I found this out during the 90's

My whole life is a lie.

DeadShock?

I'd play it.

Thats a pretty image.

>FYI. This is actually a painting not a photo.
>I found this out during the 90's

damn. That's an impressive painting

French Turret Ships looked ANIME AS FUCK!

I can't imagine it's possible to take a photo that big that well-lit two miles underwater.

It was in national geographic right? I think there was another part to that painting.

They're just pre-dreadnoughts.

I've got my folder of deep sea horrorfish, is that close enough?

In any case, I'd like to share this cool video I found a while ago, of one of my favorite animals, the gulper eel. Truly, there is much we can learn from such noble creature.

youtube.com/watch?v=tInHUbz3B_Y

I've never seen such an intact specimen filmed before (like most other deep sea fish, they're very fragile and tend to explode when brought to surface). The animal in question is dead, but seems to be entirely undamaged. I also never before have seen the large gill slits on its ventral side. I presume the slits are so large to allow easy evacuation of large volume of water that would be swallowed along with whatever edible things swim into the fish's mouth.

Would you kindly select every image in the folder and drag it onto imgur then link us the album.

That just needs some googly eyes.

Not that guy, but pre-dreadnought battleships have always been the most aesthetically pleasing ships.

I'd rather post stuff and share technically informative stuff about it. As far as folders go, it's not exactly what you clal organized anyway, being a mix of real animals, fantasy creatures, and bunch of other things.

I've always found them to look kind of doofy, with the wide but squat shape, huge smokestacks, and guns just jutting from the sides.

I prefer the more streamlined post-Dreadnought era ships, such as the ones from world war 1 and 2.

Another French pre-dread, the Massena. This thing looks absolutely ridiculous.

I don't have any ships, but I do have a folder dedicated to ocean life and being underwater. Anybody want that?

Y'all posting some weak-ass shit with these pre-dreads. Let me show you how pre-IRONCLAD rolls!

And no, that is NOT a replica. That is the ACTUAL 19th century, 104-gun first rate ship of the line, Admiral Nelson's flagship, the HMS Victory. Kept in complete working order throughout the years and still a commissioned ship of the Royal Navy! Her guns even fired in salute of the Battle of Trafalgar a few years ago, so they are mothballed, but still in fine condition!

And now she's locked in concrete.

At least Constitution goes out sailing once a year.

Yeah, it's sad, but the Constitution is a heavy frigate, not a first rate. The necessary preparations and difficulties in getting her to sail are entirely different beasts, even if Victory wasn't walled in.

Looking at their statistics, it seems like it should be scalable if you just want it to go sailing.
The biggest difficulty would be finding enough sailors who actually know how to work the old sails. Actually firing all its guns would be a hell of a project though.

Trips confirm, have two naval legends together