Accidental Magical Girl CYOA: Interesting Times edition

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use. A majority of activity (including campaigns) instead happens in the IRC, which is open for newbies to join.
Characters can be rolled with either the CYOA's purple PDF which is intended as a writing prompt and is in the process of developing an independent auxiliary combat system, or AMGC's blue pdf which contains combat rules for PNP campaigns along with the rolls. The IRC mostly uses AMGC.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

1.5 CHANGELOG (Important if you intend to update a character that was created with the CYOA writing prompt in mind): pastebin.com/KZAyNZF2

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images (updated 02/26/16): mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
Add your character here!

RPNP Stuff:
IRC Linkboard:
titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq
Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
In Character RP Pub: #TheWand&Circlet or #TheRedLine
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle or #MGPnP
IC Shenanigans: #Overcity
IC Cafe: #MGCafe
IC School: #MGSchool or #MGClass
rizon.net/chat

Early 2015 Old Thread OP Text: pastebin.com/usMM2EC7

Other urls found in this thread:

orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
pastebin.com/jCStZAqq
titanpad.com/AMGC1-13vote
youtube.com/watch?v=53VUs8dlUt4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netsplit
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo
titanpad.com/AMGCupdate
titanpad.com/mgcyoaIRCsetting
titanpad.com/QOpEfi06OG
titanpad.com/AMGCbestiary
titanpad.com/0F19Ow5RAG
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

See the changelog for the alterations which came with the 1.5 update!

This PDF is for AMGC 1.12, used for PnP in the IRC.
>Features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

!! IMPORTANT !!
>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one convenient spot!
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0

System updates related to CYOA 1.5 are in progress, but will NOT be including any of the mechanical effects of Origins at this time.

!! NEW !!
Character sharing thing made by emperor_
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/

Magic overhaul by Drakon in progress. Teaser located here: pastebin.com/jCStZAqq

Said Add-Ons also linked here for further convenience.

Corruption, for all things that crawl, swim, fly, or what have you.

Fusion, for magical girls that [insert euphemism of choice here].

And lastly, the Puchuu Expansion, for the myriad creatures that seek to instruct or command most magical girls.

Anyone got more suggestions for good inspiration for slice of life/the mundane side of things?

I like to take something expected and put something unexpected onto it. Like, a Dragon who's MO is sneaky mind control and other Aboleth things, or a mummy guarding a modern museum that comes out of its coffin with a high powered assault rifle.

A sufficiently motivated Hippo could threaten most Mahous.

A hippo? Unfortunately AMGC doesn't have a printed stat scale like the base CYOA, but girls that can casually throw a sedan would have no trouble with a hippo.

12 Vit, 14 Str, 4 Agi, 0 Mag?

What are you looking for?

Not a cross between alice in wonderland and the king in yellow lol

More seriously, just...slice of life. Mundane things to write about for the daily routine/school side of the stories

Have you tried looking back on your life?
Try nichijou otherwise. I know I should have a longer list but I'm tired.

Rolled 4, 18, 17, 12, 16, 11, 3, 2, 4, 1, 6, 17 = 111 (12d20)

Rolled 15, 7, 8, 15, 20, 5, 18, 14, 8, 15, 11, 6 = 142 (12d20)

Rolled 9, 1, 1, 17, 4, 18, 1, 9, 2, 2, 10, 14 = 88 (12d20)

Extremely pissed, and very plentiful wasps and/or African Honeybees.

A pack of European Wolves.

Note to self, copying and pasting the arrow is not necessary.

A Beast magical girl will survive them effortlessly, especially the spoiler.

We aren't all Beast Spec Girls.

Then burn them, blast them with wind, petition the spirits, use a barrier, spook them, ZA WARUDO them, fry them, deafen them, curse them, illude them, blind them, throw tomatoes at them, read the mood, sink them, slam them, throw rocks at them, shoot them.

Setting-wise, do interesting things together with your characters:

- shopping
- cooking
- festivals and holidays
- sporting events
- school club activities
- visiting a zoo, aquarium, botanical garden
- traveling
- karaoke
- parties

Plot-wise, fix people's problems:

- a character needs to make an important decision, help her
- two characters had a fight, reconcile them
- a character wants to confess her love, help them
- it's a character's birthday, surprise her
- a character has some bloody rotten luck, support her
- a character is ill, assist her
- a character is in a bad mood, fix it

Although additional suggestions are being occasionally added, it seems like the discussion on proposed AMGC system updates has pretty much stalled. I'd like to call for a vote:

titanpad.com/AMGC1-13vote

dice+12d20

Rolled 19, 3, 18, 12, 2, 3, 4, 19, 10, 5, 13, 1 = 109 (12d20)

How very uncomfortable that must be.

Well she doesn't look happy

Page 10

Those panties must have a future tech elastic band to hold that gun up.

Rolled 7, 9, 20, 13, 19, 14, 16, 2, 1, 13, 17 = 131 (11d20)

It's magic!

For the spell trees with multiple links which one am I supposed to use?

Usually the first one's the more recent/"Standard" one- which tree are you?

Beast

Just wait for Drakon's Magic Overhaul. None of the current Beast Spells are worth your time.

All three trees can be used in theory. The middle one is actually blank as apparently the author or someone else deleted it. The third one was created by Zene, who was well-respected when she was participating in the IRC. The first titanpad is the community one, and it has more variety but a number of imperfections. If I were you I'd use Zene's pad and supplement it by using spells from the first pad.

Yeah, Beast is weird in that it's really old and outdated. Use first or third and wait and see what Drakon's overhaul looks like.

If whoever wrote this still lurks the thread, can you settle a small argument in the IRC? Can you take mong perks as a DMG instead of taking the stat bonus from a specialization?

They are called Monster Perks for a reason. So if you are not a monster, you can not take them.

Honestly, that should be changed. It'd add
variety to DMGs from normal MGs- or at least allow them to bronze, silver, or gold out of MG perks for DMG perks.

What are some good twists for a magical girl story?

Complete sexual purity and chastity.

Playing with good vs evil, who you can trust among your friends, if your magical girl is doing more harm than good...

Everything is propaganda.
We will show you the truth though.

I may or may not be currently writing a Magical Girl-themed series of short stories. Here's some chapter ideas I have that have a bit of a twist in them.

>Girl finally asks out her long time crush, turns out he's a boring NEET and their relationship ends in a week
>One of the members of the team turns out to be the villain's minion, but it's unclear whether they're still loyal or have turned to the good side
>A monster is revealed whose presence nullifies the girls powers, and they have to beat it up with baseball bats instead of magic
>A brand new type of Daemon is seen skulking around the city, with the most terrifying assortment of powers anyone has ever seen. The girls ambush it, and it asks one of them out - turns out this is a slice of life episode, not a battle one.
>The girls go to the arcade and run into a multiplayer BMUP that is suspiciously similar to their adventures this far. It looks like a recap episode - until they get pulled into the game world to fight the final boss, a digital version of the actual BBEG!

Haibane Renmei or Sora no Woto.

I had proposed adding new spells for Corrupted Girls, but not for Monster Girls. Since there is literally no reason to NOT be a Monster Girl over a DMG. Single Spec MonGs are functionally superior DMGs.

Basically, MonGs would be able to use normal spells, but only DMGs would be able to use Corrupted Spells. And the Corrupted Spells would be more powerful but have a higher cost. This would give people an actual reason to play DMGs as well.

Turns out you and your rival are reincarnations and have been involved in a long feud between Heaven and Hell.
Long ago you wished into being the very monsters you now fight. You can wish everything away, but that includes your powers and your newfound friends.
Each time you've used your powers, you've shortened your lifespan.
Your love interest becomes a magical girl and despite your intentions, unwittingly declares you as an enemy.
The element you've been using is not your real element. It's borrowed power.

I came back from the night to say one thing. I ain't ready for this wild ride.

-but I'll try to survive it anyway. GO TEAM BEACON, GO!

I wait.

Lightning.
The second one starts off pretty retarded though.

Lightning's half-done but playable in its current state and I say that as the guy working to overhaul it slowly.

BADASS BABES IN TOTAL CONTROL of HERSELVES!

dat fifth wheel
>GIT. OUT.

Let's see:
>a second blue-haired girl
>doesn't feat the music theme
>can't sing
>can't play
>can't fight
youtube.com/watch?v=53VUs8dlUt4

Just give DMGs the 2x weapon stats and extra power they have in Quasar's CYOA. The corrupted spells are enough of a pain to make that they should be availible for dmgs, mongs, and monster enemies.

That...seems remarkably backwards. Like it makes no sense design or lorewise, in that DMGs are diet Monstergirls to begin with.

DMGs just have less crazy and stand out less to deal with, at the cost of not being as crazy bullshit as monstergirls or (possibly) sanctified.

>doesn't fit the music theme
derp

Rolled 10, 5, 10, 11, 19, 6, 17, 4, 2, 14, 4, 14 = 116 (12d20)

I know this is an ass stupid question, but I honestly do not know the answer.

Do Monster girl characters get Magical girl perks as well as Monster girl perks? or are they restricted to Monster girl perks only?

>Do Monster girl characters get Magical girl perks as well as Monster girl perks?
Yes.

post some stories?

Sayaka is a sloot

I shall try to avenge you, Young Knight.

No.

She died as she lived, unloved by the one she wanted.

Can't be a slut if she didn't get the D.

Girl was practically jumping on Kyousuke's dick, and then she was chasing Kyouko's fine tail as soon as Hitomi beat her to the punch.

Sloot.

Where I come from she told him she was a Magical Girl, he said it was the coolest thing ever, and then they were a couple.

See, that's too sensible for a girl blinded by her riotous lust for redheads.

Sayaka is worst girl. At least Mami had a good head on her shoulders before she died. Homura could have all the time in the world for you. Kyouko would make sure you always went out with a bang. And Madoka is God.

Sayaka just doesn't make the cut.

Cease this.

But user, a riotous lust for redheads is the human condition

Added this to be voted on.

Where is the Sanity Mechanics mentioned here under Puchuu Death? I can't find them anywhere.

Unfinished. Wander should have the link to what Zene, and others whom I can't remember off the top of my head, had written up. It was unfinished and unimplemented. I think it was at a "usable" point, but it required work if my memory serves me right.

To make some sort of end point, I think the voting should close on Sunday night Murica time. Any objections?

Well I guess that's fine, although I think we ought to put items on the update pad for discussion before considering them for a vote.

The update pad isn't anywhere I can see in the thread so... might want to fix that.

So it can be disregarded then? Am I allowed to even use the Puchuu roller?

You're allowed to use whatever you want.

I say extend it another week. There's a maximum of 8 people voting and an odd 40 something people in the irc who will be directly affected by these changes. That's less than 1/4 majority.
Needs to be posted more imho outside of the thread.

I counted it once, there's about maybe 40 people total in the IRC. That includes people who just lurk, bots, people who for some reason have multiple instances (like phone and desktop/laptop). I think when I counted the actual people and narrowed it down to people who are actually active, the count was closer to upper teens and low twenties. Likely has changed since then. It's been about a month or two since I did that.

Coming back from to add that it is entirely possible that not everyone in the IRC checks the thread on a regular basis or at all. I know a few people have said they stopped checking the thread entirely due to the drama that happens in here. Best thing to do is annoy people by posting it in the IRC every hour on the hour.

Nah, leave it for another week at least.

Not to mention, there are plenty of people who simply choose not to vote.

Seems like people want it to be up for a week. That's excessively long in my opinion, but I'll go with the perceived consensus and change it to Friday the 29th.

It's linked from the voting pad.

Anyone who wants to spam the link is free to.

Rolled 14, 15, 18, 8, 4, 7, 2, 17, 9, 10, 1, 12 = 117 (12d20)

alright, i have a backstory idea ready. let's see if i get something that fits it

Rolled 6, 2, 6, 14, 5, 8, 12, 15, 14, 15, 9, 3 = 109 (12d20)

mm, one more and I'll call it a night

once more damnit, that's the same spec as one of mine already

Rolled 15, 2, 8, 8, 3, 11, 12, 4, 17, 14, 16, 7 = 117 (12d20)

y'know...

What is your magical girl's alignment?

True Neutral; self interested, but not willing to actively hurt people to get her way
I'm so boring

All magical girl spawned from puchuu should be either Lawful Neutral or a variant of Good.

so what the fuck happened to IRC, like 75% of people got disconnected just now

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netsplit

Shavyla: horror
Jinghua: benevolence in balance
Atsali: neutral
Islene: magic to humankind for the benefit of humankind

I updated my AMGC character sheet which assists a bit in creation.

drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo

Amelia: Neutral good with lawful good tendencies.

First, a reminder of the list I posted before of things to be done for the IRC: AMGC system updates, a setting doc, a proper patron patch, specialization rework, a proper bestiary with threat assessments.

AMGC system updates: See ( titanpad.com/AMGC1-13vote ) and ( titanpad.com/AMGCupdate ).

Setting Doc: QB is reportedly working on this, but I also made a skeleton of my own ( titanpad.com/mgcyoaIRCsetting ).

Patron Patch: No progress beyond the initial effort and my subsequent analysis ( titanpad.com/QOpEfi06OG ).

Specialization Rework: Drakon is hard at work and provided a sample ( pastebin.com/jCStZAqq ). Flashdrive has also said that he's working on PDFs.

Bestiary: I made a skeleton ( titanpad.com/AMGCbestiary ).

Forgot to include a link to the "initial effort" at a Patron patch ( titanpad.com/0F19Ow5RAG ).