Why would Lex Luthor need to steal 40 cakes? Wouldn't it be much less of a hassle to acqiuire them legally?

Why would Lex Luthor need to steal 40 cakes? Wouldn't it be much less of a hassle to acqiuire them legally?

The type of cake is not specified. It could be yellowcake uranium.

The cakes were already reserved for other customers. It's one of the world's finest pastry shops so you have to book your order months in advance, and he just couldn't bear the wait anymore. Please be more understanding.

Who said he stole them?

A better question is is thievery method.
One, he's dressed up like some... gay wrestling skydiver. The green and pink clash horribly, he's clearly a winter and he really doesn't have the build to make that look work.
Plus it's kind of identifiable. He's gone to all that effort and not thought to even wear a domino mask?

Then there's the cake transportation. The tins aren't secured in any way and will likely slide around and fall off the shelves considering there's no rail or lip to prevent it.
He's also just tied to lengths of rope and started hauling it behind him, and will be at the mercy of any small changes in terrain that the trolley is clearly not designed to cope with.

I don't think he's thought this crime through at all.and that's terrible.

That's right, it only says he took them while no one was looking. I guess it's possible that he purchased them. Maybe it's only terrible because he was supposed to be on a diet.

>Why would Lex Luthor need to steal 40 cakes?
He didn't steal them. It was a gift.

+1 internets to you user.

He's gotten to the point where the only way he can achieve any sense of sexual arousal is when committing crimes. It's the only avenue left to him to truly feel alive anymore.

user gets sexually aroused by posting this image, I'm guessing.

That's Silver Age/Superfriends Lex.
He uh....wasn't playing with a full deck, let's just say.

Yeah, Lex Luthor tends to switch between Mad Scientist Supervillain to Machiavellian Businessman Supervillain from time to time.

I feel like Lex Luthor's lack of focus as a villain is a pretty big part of why he isn't very popular among the general populace.

It's hard to market a guy who's a normal evil bussiness-cunt sometimes, and galavanting around in stolen orange lantern armor the next minute.

>ITT Hey guys! Remember the internet in 2007?

That's why it's terrible.

Keep in mind that Lex is a psychotic egomaniac.
He didn't NEED to steal those cakes. But he could. And he felt like it. He had the ability to steal those cakes, and he figured it would be a good time. So he did it.
After all, the question isn't "Who will let me?" but rather "Who will stop me?"
I've always liked the idea of combining the two. Kind of like a malicious, rather than merely supremely selfish, version of Hank Rearden.

Reminder they could've cast him as Lex but went with Eisenberg instead.

Because that's not evil enough.

It was back in Smallville, he was kicked out of a science fair for cheating, so he stole from the bake sale for the science fair and had the science fair cancelled due to lack of funds.

Does that count as lawful evil?

My friend summed it up perfectly: Jesse Eisenberg did a smash-up job as the Riddler. Too bad they cast him as Lex Luthor.

As well, Lex is at heart a true patriot. He believes the rules don't apply to him, because he's seen how those in power flaunt or abuse the rules his whole life. He's seen how those who come to power, quickly abandon their ideals to hold on to it.

Him and Batman are the only two who constantly refer to Superman as "The Alien". Lex sees Superman as the ultimate threat, because he is someone with ultimate power who doesn't isn't even human and so doesn't have the drive to preserve humanity that Lex does.

Lex Luthor doesn't see himself as a "Good Guy", but he does see himself as "The Best Option".

Lex X Doom Yaoi manga about world (and bedroom) domination when?

The bigger problem is that for some ungodly reason they chose to make Lex a psychopath on par with the joker instead of actually being intelligent.