A player shows up to the first session with a bard character sheet and a real life instrument...

A player shows up to the first session with a bard character sheet and a real life instrument. Is he that guy or best guy? Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7sfBcWvVUbs
youtube.com/watch?v=QHmML7bu-iM
youtube.com/watch?v=ABM6VphQmJk
youtube.com/watch?v=GYG5a_85FD0
youtu.be/2DYKsQqQgSk
youtu.be/r4y7HNW972M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it a woodwind or brass instrument?
Because if he's bringing brass to a game, he's a fucking troglodyte.

Strings or woodwind.

Depends how good he will roll that perform check.

>post your warface

This is mine

>roll initiative
>bard pulls out a contra

Depends.
Does he know how to play? Is he annoying?
If not, best guy.
Otherwise, worst guy.

Is he any good at playing, and does he have a sense of humour about it? Then he's This Guy.

Is he terrible at it and has no idea how to play and just blasts noise through his flute or randomly strums? Then he's still This Guy because that's fucking hilarious.

There was a slavic guy who had a stream on Twitch of just him playing an accordion live. He'd play any song people requested live on his accordion, with a very glum face. In the corner there was a note that he was doing this to raise money to pay back the debt he took out to get the accordion.

**Yes, this mad man went to loansharks to buy an accordion.**

Is he still around or did the loan shark get him?

Any surviving recordings?

Can he actually play? Is he playing something appropriate for the game? More importantly, is he doing so without being too disruptive? If the answer to all these questions is yet, then great. If not, eh. We can talk about it. He's only That Guy if he's told to tone it down and gets pissy about it.

I wanna see some vids

Really depends on what kind of musical instrument it is.

Lost

We had a bonafide opera singer play a bard. He sang everything bard-related. But being out of the context it was a little odd, it kind of just didn't work.

Remember to keep your moth open to catch that refreshing, zesty taste of violin sparks.

youtube.com/watch?v=7sfBcWvVUbs

What are you?????

I don't even like stringed instruments... but damn that is good

youtube.com/watch?v=QHmML7bu-iM

>Nyckelharpa
Shit yeah, i think the first time i was exposed to it was from the Grizzly Hills music in WoW.
It's so comfy to listen to.

Depends. If he can play well and doesn't do so obnoxiously, he's best guy; bonus points if he sings on the spot ballads. If he can't play for shit and is annoying as fuck, he's that guy.

The sorrowful face of man who's greatest talent is the Hurdy Gurdy.

I dealt with this once. It was novel for a few sessions, but as it went on and we couldn't stop at an inn or visit some backwater noble without the bard playing, it eventually got tiring. We had to stop, wait for the song, and then all say how nice the song was before we could proceed with the social scene. People like this are hardwired to play every single session and get disgruntled if they can't. You're not fellow players, you're their audience.

>doesn't want his players setting the mood for his 1940's Earth 5e game.

Bet you're against all Bard parties too.

youtube.com/watch?v=ABM6VphQmJk

>kicked out of string orchestra academia
Fuck youuuu I make my own string orchestra, with black jack, alchohol, and hookers, and also black jack. And I'll do it all by myself.

Look up MOZG888VADIM on twitch, 4ch doesn't want to let me post the URL

Apparently he has moved on from being in debt to the loansharks to being alright due to the virtuosity of his accordion, but I can say I was there in the beginning, when he was struggling.

youtube.com/watch?v=GYG5a_85FD0

How have I never heard about this?

I dunno man, it looks like hes rocking out pretty hard

These posts were well timed...

The hurdy gurdy is a pretty rocking instrument. Gonna try and find an Eluveitie song where it doesn't get completely drowned out.

youtu.be/2DYKsQqQgSk

I heard "hurdy gurdy" before I knew what one even looked or sounded like.

The Irish girl in eluvite (the one with the nice tits who also sings in some songs)
Beat hurdy gurdy player ever

If they bring brass: they are retarded.

Woodwind, string, or singing: retarded, unless they know how to play/sing really, really well.

Keyboard or acoustic guitar: kicked out of group.

Ukulele or lute: legally permitted to kill them.

>If they bring brass: they are retarded.
SAY THAT TO MY TUBA'S FACE.

>brass instrument

He's probably just a goober and would be rad to be around. Probably makes a lot of jokes

>guitar

Either likes roleplaying or advertising the fact that he can play guitar. will probably play a lot during session and distract from game but otherwise might be okay

>Keyboard

Autist

>Precussion

get out of my fucking house

As if one coud bring along a piano.

woodwind?

keyboards nigger

This. I don't think the LGS would appreciate a bagpiper bard.

It seems like it's great for setting the tone in an Arabic overland travel montage.

The american piano

How about a barbarian who thinks he's a bard.
his instrument is the axe

Which is funny since they're very much a medieval European instrument.

I had a guy who brought his guitar to sessions. He did, indeed, play a bard, but he didn't insist on stealing the spotlight all the time. He'd play pretty softly most of the time, essentially seeing the mood with background music. Had a really good sense of appropriate themes too, it was a pretty great way to help me immerse my players.
I wish I could play more with that group, but alas, I've since moved back to my own country.

>A player shows up to the first session with a rogue character sheet.
>Everybody miss their wallets after session

youtu.be/r4y7HNW972M

There is literally nothing wrong with a keyboard

I've played the "Bardbarian" before. What a terrible mistake that was. It might work better in 5th but I don't want to try again.

Weighty tuba, heavy metal, seems legit.