Ryukuza Quest: Protector of Smiles and Youkai Hunter

Stage 126: The Center of the Universe.

You're not quite sure where exactly the blood came from, but a lot of it is all over Kiki-hime, who is wearing an expression of such abject horror that you're afraid she may go into shock; even more of it is spread across Yui-niji-chan, who is shocked but coping easily with the presence and amount of blood. ~Who~ it came from you know (Akari-niji-chan), and ~why~ you have been informed of by the hunter and midwife Inau-kun (her body rejecting the child you gave to her). If it hadn't happened while your entire family was in the huge bed that takes up much of the master bedroom, there would be less chaos happening.

As it stands Shoko-san is starting to get up to come help, while Kiku-chan is already at Inau-kun's side. With Akari's head turned to the side in your lap, and Inau and Yui on either side of her, it's becoming very crowded very quickly. Jinyuu-onee-sama is looking no less horrified than Kiki-hime, despite her and Er Yin suspecting the kami would try and force an issue you do not want or need forced. Er Yin-sensei, who had been on the verge of telling you what was about to happen despite the restrictions a seer operates under, has one hand over her nose and mouth, her unseeing eyes closed tight as she is affected by the scent of the thick black blood Akari just vomited up. Yuuhi bounds across the bed to stand at your back, her nodachi out and held far back and to the side, ready to attack anything she deems dangerous.

Things are going to start happening very quickly and you can see at least three potential disasters looming before you, in addition to the one already happening. Water Eyes are good for seeing things as they are, but not particularly useful in determining how to deal with them. That's what you have a brain for.

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48225529/
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/37879167/
pastebin.com/Z53TyK0N
pastebin.com/rZLwzvGx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At the moment, Kiki-hime is reliving horrific experiences of her arm being vivisected, Yui-niji-chan is feeling utterly helpless and out of her element even as a healer, Inau-kun is desperately trying to figure out a way to solve the issues without knowing enough about dragonettes to be sure of who can do what (and her secondary issue is that Akari's near perfect invulnerability makes many medical techniques she can use useless for her to perform, and tertiary issue of trying to convince you that between you and she this is not a disaster only an obstacle {….really?}), Shoko-san is terrified for her new friends and loved ones and wants to help in any ways she can, Yuuhi-chan is a blank slate that is just ready to kill anything that isn't family or friend, Kiku-chan has never seen or heard of anything like this happening before in her entire two centuries, Jinyuu-onee-sama is terrified that the kami are doing something horrible, and Er Yin-sensei is trying to control her urge to vomit even as she wrestles with how she is going to help you through this fiasco.

If you were anyone but yourself, this would be an unmitigated disaster.

[] Bring everyone to heel at once first, then dole out assignments.
[] Calm, cool, collected orders, first to the fast ones, then to the slow ones.
[] Make everyone take a seat – willing or not – and then get them organized.
[] Kiki-hime is your first priority, as Inau-kun and Yui-chan can cope with Akari and no one else is an immediate issue (relatively speaking).
[] Make a barrier so that everyone is safe inside it and everyone can access their full strength.

Ryu Ryukusa is tall at 5' 8", but this becomes 6' in her true form. She is fully grown. Lesbian top.
Kiku is 5' 1" for ever and ever. Lesbian submissive.
Akari is 5' 3", and has another few inches to grow. Sexuality is weird, switch, cosplayer.
Yui is 5' 8" and will only grow due to circumstances beyond her control. Dyke, switch.
Kiki is 5' 6", and is at full growth. Bisexual bottom.
Er Yin is the tallest at 5' 10" and is fully grown. Lesbian dominant.
Jinyuu is 5' 7" but persistently hovers an extra three inches above the ground or floor because of her nature as a seer. Straight.
Hinata-hakase is 6' 3". Sexuality is terrifying.
Hidesato is 5' 5". Straight.
Kushinada is 5' 8". Straighter.
Taisho Ryoga is 5' 9". Who knows.
Hyun Chisato is 5' 4”, and is fully grown. Lolicon with plausible deniability.
Rie is 8” tall or 5' 5”, and is fully cat. Her sexuality is cat.
Hagyu Genso is 12' 5” standing upright. He is by and large gay.
Mizumi Shoko is 7' 2”, is fully grown. Bisexual top.
Yuuhi is 4'11” and is fully grown. Yuuhi a cute.
Tokei Isusangi, Inau-kun is 5' 3” and still confused.
Reiha is 5' 5 1/2”, and is milfy.
Peta is 3' 2”. Peta is \>.

Twitter: @XsQuestmistress

Previous Thread: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48225529/

Interlude: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/37879167/

Threads in Chronological Order, including writeups by XS : pastebin.com/Z53TyK0N
or search for Title: Ryukuza on Suptg

Barrier Combat Guide: pastebin.com/rZLwzvGx

>Ryukusa's Treasures

Her name: Ryuu Yorihokura

Eight hundred and sixty-two cat youkai live in your aura

Matagama-no-Shitoki, a kami in it's own right that protects Ryukusa from inimical magic.

Ame-no-Omukade-no-Musume – Ryukusa's mukade possessed wakizashi; a kami. “Daughter of my Centipede of Rain.”

Gendai-no-Muteki-no-Buki - Invincible Weapon of the Present Age, a secret kami-blade given to Ryukusa by Wakaba that appears to be made of some alloy of titanium.

Seido no Shinpi-tekina Ken – a mysterious bronze sword given to Ryukusa by the mermaids of Japan.

Go Yūrei no Rensa, the Five-Ghost-Chain, used to summon or send messages to your (actual) older sister Ryuu Nabiki.

Her Penthouse in the Secret Apartments of Tsathoggua in Shikoku prefecture, Tokyo.

Ryukusa's Family.

>Talismans:
Akari – Centipede
Er Yin – Scorpion
Kiki – Toad
Kiku – Lizard
Yui – Snake

Alright, it's Ryukusa time!
Sadly a bit of a downer start this time though.
>[x] Bring everyone to heel at once first, then dole out assignments.
>[x] Calm, cool, collected orders, first to the fast ones, then to the slow ones.
Maybe set Shoko to calm down Kiki/Jinyuu and Yuuhi to guard them, and tell Yui to be Inau's assistant and follow her lead? If we need more space, we can probably convince Kiku to go take care of Er Yin as well.

>[] Bring everyone to heel at once first, then dole out assignments.
>[] Make everyone take a seat – willing or not – and then get them organized.
>[] Kiki-hime is your first priority, as Inau-kun and Yui-chan can cope with Akari and no one else is an immediate issue (relatively speaking).
Morning XS.

>[] Calm, cool, collected orders, first to the fast ones, then to the slow ones.

Is Er Yin still compelled to answer us, or has that passed? If it's still a thing, we should probably release her from it since Inau saved the day in that regard.

>[] Calm, cool, collected orders, first to the fast ones, then to the slow ones.

Yeah, user makes a good point. Then again it seemed implied that her current status was mostly struggling due to the blood rather than anything else.

She was never compelled to answer you.

She was doing so by choice.

Which is worse.

>[x] Bring everyone to heel at once first, then dole out assignments.
>[x] Calm, cool, collected orders, first to the fast ones, then to the slow ones.

Good morning, XS!
People are less likely to stab people by accident if you prepare them to stab people on purpose.

Damnit, even though I knew it was coming, I wasn't able to make myself study this quest properly. It seems like clues could be anywhere in the previous 125 threads, which is a daunting amount no matter how well-written.

Well shit.

Was saying "Kami Stuff" enough to count as her breaking her oaths or whatever as a seer? Or did Inau inadvertently save us both?

Ah, well I suppose she presumably stopped trying to spill the beans once Inau did then. That's good.

Don't worry user, it hasn't been that long since last thread after all. Thankfully! But I doubt you could be expected to read through all of it in that time so presumably we won't actually need such knowledge, even if it might be helpful.

It kind of feels like the challenge rating for doing things optimally, like unwritten prompts, requires intimate familiarity with the material. Like I'm not even 100% on what the one thing Demigods do is.

No warning was issued, no harm done.

They mess with destiny. They make the impossible possible, reweave the threads of fate, and that sort of thing.

And they can kick kami ass if we're lucky, because someone surely needs an ass kicking for this.

Perhaps, but think of those like bonuses! Besides, there's a lot of us and only one of XS. There's probably anons who knows a decent amount about topics like these right?

>And they can kick kami ass if we're lucky, because someone surely needs an ass kicking for this.

I keep imaging a bunch of Kami drawing lots and the loser was the one that had to go poke the Hornets nest.

I mean really who thinks it's a good idea to piss off the demigod/soon to be goddess of Destruction with a tract record of dealing with things that pissed her off

That was my hope as well, but lurking in the previous threads, I'm not sure if anyone knows -enough-, myself most of all.

Probably because this seems like a topic XS has some interest in and therefore knows a good amount, while few anons likely know a lot about Japanese/Asian mythology and pantheons. Although at least RQ is likely to have a higher than average number of said anons around, right?

It certainly sounds like the thing responsible is the laws of the universe itself.

Which might make it the same asshole that decided what order Izanami and Izanagi had to go around the marriage pole or whatever.

The middle-management bureaucrat of Kami?

Eh, I think XS sufficiently conveys the mythology within the quest itself. It's more just the whole quest that I feel needs studying because I suspect the quest is littered with, not quite Easter eggs, since that would imply it's hidden, but instead just relevant details anons have forgotten over time or are unsure how to leverage properly.

>Ryukusa doesn't forget those details which are important. Anons are always welcome to use details they find or remember to enhance their momentum or attempts at things.

Somehow I don't trust this.

Is she going to feel incredibly guilty for not upholding her duties or something?

I think it's probably about as bad as it can get without crossing over into "harm"

Did Ryukasa notice that time (sort of?) reversed itself to make sure we remembered that the name Ahto?

>Get Kiku to focus on Er Yin for now. Have Yui help Kiki, and see if Kiki can help Yui.

>Store the bed into ~Nowhere to gain room, immediatly place Akari in a smaller bed or futon. You need space.

I hope I'm not too late.

Can you tell us what Ryukusa knows of the seer's obligations or the reason why they couldn't tell us?

We didn't remember his name.

Should we use Fire Eyes? It seems like we need to see the truth.

[XX] Bring everyone to heel at once first, then dole out assignments.
[X] Calm, cool, collected orders, first to the fast ones, then to the slow ones.
[x] Make everyone take a seat – willing or not – and then get them organized.
[x] Kiki-hime is your first priority, as Inau-kun and Yui-chan can cope with Akari and no one else is an immediate issue (relatively speaking).

You've never really tried this before, but you extend your hand over Akari, fingers outstretched....and snap them.

LOUDLY.

The effect of the gunshot-loud snap is similar to your chi disruption technique, but kind of in reverse: it's meant to focus their attention on you. And it does, beautifully. Dead silence reigns with the sole exception of people breathing and Akari coughing weakly and covering her mouth. Each of them is capable in their own way – more or less – and each is important to you in their own way, but you are more than the head of the household. In this instance you are their general, their master.

“Yuuhi-chan, keep watch, Kiki is top priority. Kiku-chan, prayers for intercession and help to the appropriate kamuy please, offerings if we have any appropriate for them.” That covers your quick ones. “Inau-kun, Yui-niji-chan, get Akari cleaned up and in a safe position, and decide what you need, if she's safe to-” Yui and Inau-kun are both shaking their heads. “Fine, then decide what you need done. Shoko-san, get this blood cleaned up; you have to have some power over water....”

“I can't make any myself, Ryukusa-sama, I can only control it!” she says, worriedly.

“Done,” you say as you soak the sheets, Kiki-hime's body and robes, Yui's lap, and the blankets as well. Shoko starts making elaborate hand passes and gestures, muttering in Ainu under her breath. The blood starts to break down and lift, as the water and blood are pulled away. “Sit down, I don't want you falling and shaking Akari-chan. You too Yuuhi, I know you don't need to be standing.” Both of them obey, though Shoko's concentration suffers a bit. “Er Yin-sensei, smiles and breathe through your mouth. The scent isn't as bad that way, and you won't feel so ill. Jinyuu-onee-sama, please accompany Kiku-chan, Er Yin-sensei, you may pray too, but I want you here.” Kiku-chan can protect your sister, and you don't need your sister seeing what might happen here.

She left the clan for good reason, and part of it was the blood.

You slides your tail around Kiki-hime's waist, and reach for her, wiggling your fingers to suggest you want her hand in yours. Her breathing is terribly quick and shallow, and she's a trembling mess. “Kiki-hime, you've seen worse than this. You're safe and sound, you're here with me. I need you now, kasan, hime-chan; Akari and Yui need you now.” Her eyes flick to you, but you keep your eyes on Akari; the temperature differences in her blood are more pronounced and it is thick and sluggish in her veins. You feel her hand, her clammy, soft, frightening hand, slip into yours.

“H....h-hai, Ryu-chan. T-tell me wh-what to do, please.” She scoots a little closer and you spare her a glance, and smile gently. That alone seems to put more wood into her spine, and she takes a deep breath, wiping droplets of dark blood from her face with her sleeve as she swallowed heavily. “I can help,” she murmurs more steadily.

“Inau-kun, Yui-niji-chan, talk to me.”

Inau-kun speaks up. “I am guessing, and I do not say this easily, but I am guessing that the issue is Water to Void to Stone.” The inversion of the creation cycle of the elements as well as an inverse of the destruction pattern. You immediately realize the problem.

“Void overacting Water, which insults Stone; I think that's what you mean, and you're probably correct.” Yui-niji-chan looks downcast but Kiki-hime lays a hand on the oni-chick's shoulder and her expression immediately becomes determined. “What can we do about it?” you ask, glancing at Yui-niji-chan.

Your midwife takes a slow deep breath, and then looks at Yui. “Can you tell what element the child is?”

Yui nods. “It's a Water child. She's defending herself from her mother, I think.”

Stone destroying Water, while Water insults Stone. Typical, Akari would have the problem child of the family, she's way too easygoing herself. “Do I need to recall Kiku-chan to soften Akari up?” Weirdly, you're thinking of it in a pretty literal sense.

“Kiki-hime would be better at that, but no, let's not try anything that drastic yet.” Kiki-hime looks at Inau-kun like she's gone crazy, but you understand where she's coming from. “Ryukusa-sama....” Inau-kun looks up at you, and you narrow your eyes. “This would be easiest if you took on an elemental force to help with the healing. I want that to be clear. But it isn't the only way. We have many options to work with. The real question is how hard do you want to fight this.” Somehow you have the feeling she's not referring to the potential miscarriage in this instance. Well, not somehow, Water Eyes is pretty obviously informing you that she's feeling out how much of a demigod you're willing to be for this to come out as a good end.

[] I'm not quite sure what you're asking, honey.
[] ….you're joking right? Who do you think I am anyways?
[] It's not a matter of fighting, it's a matter of what is safest for Akari and the baby.
[] No elements, just tell me what other ways there are.
[] You can speak plainly, I can see your intentions already.

>[x] It's not a matter of fighting, it's a matter of what is safest for Akari and the baby.
>[x] You can speak plainly, I can see your intentions already.
Don't you white-robe us like that!

>[] ….you're joking right? Who do you think I am anyways?
>[] It's not a matter of fighting, it's a matter of what is safest for Akari and the baby.

Ryukusa always put her family first, fire may help later but that won't matter if she couldn't help her Family now.

>[] It's not a matter of fighting, it's a matter of what is safest for Akari and the baby.
>[] You can speak plainly, I can see your intentions already.
I hasn't in the last thread, but I agree with the people warning against just jumping to picking wood on a whim. But if it is the safest option for Akari and the baby then I am okay with taking wood, even though I am generally more in favor of fire.

>[] No elements, just tell me what other ways there are.

>No matter how hard it is, I will do it. I will go as far as I have to help my beloved and my children.

Ruykusa does not take the easy way. She takes the right way. Which can be easy, but not now.

Well, maybe fighting does matter, somewhat.

Damn, even though the gods seem to be about as in our corner as they can be, I'm worried that this is a trap, that we're being made to choose between the mother of our child and our duty to Japan, that Fire really is the best option to minimize destruction which is what the kami don't want. But is it really appropriate to choose Wood due to being backed into a corner? Like if intentions matter when choosing an element, are we fucked?

So to clarify, besides sounding cool this option is in response to "how hard do you want to fight this" and is saying "a lot"?

It looks like Wood or Fire would be helpful here though.

You're getting it wrong, guys.

This is NOT a question of element. It's a question of Ryukusa's role as a demigod.

And if of course Ryukusa would put her family before anything, she won't sacrifice their future to solve a problem in the now, so picking Wood is still not a good idea.

Also, the fighting matters because it's how our role is going to affect the outcome.

Adding to my vote here: >"I choose the Red Robe. I will do what is the best for my family and me.

You're getting it wrong, guys.

This is NOT a question of element. It's a question of Ryukusa's role as a demigod.

And if of course Ryukusa would put her family before anything, she won't sacrifice their future to solve a problem in the now, so picking Wood is still not a good idea.

Also, the fighting matters because it's how our role is going to affect the outcome.

Adding to my vote here: (You)
>"I am Ryuu Ryukusa. I choose the Red Robe. I will do what is the best for my family and me.

wait, how would Fire help?

What would choosing the red robe imply in this situation, exactly?

I'm still kind of worried that this is our last chance to move beyond a demigod. Also while it kind of sounds like you know what you're talking about, I'm not sure if you'd feel the same if it seemed like it was leaning towards Fire.

>Fire overacts Earth, which would strengthen Akari's body so she can carry a water child. She's technically weak to the insult of the Water Child inside her, because while Akari is impervious to Water normally, she still has blood, and the baby is sitting in a huge pool of liquid even barely extant as it is.

>She's basically suffering from what amounts to elemental RH rejection syndrome.

It's not, XS said so last thread.

So what does Wood vs Fire mean practically speaking?

Like is it regen and potential healing vs magic immunity?

I don't see that in the last thread, like XS didn't confirm that it IS our last chance, but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't.

You can't approach that practicaly speaking.

Would choosing any elements risk to hurt the baby?

I hate this fucking eldritch appartment building.

Probably Stone.

I feels like Ryukusa is falling into the most basic of the trap for Water dragonettes: overthinking it.

If she was going to choose, I think she would go for Fire.

She has been trying to live in the "now" and be decisive more, she has decided to be more open with the Truth, both in seeing and revealing it, and she has been confronted by Fire and burning, metaphoricaly or not, many time, only to use it against the challenge in order to succeed.

On the other hand, I don't think this is a question of the choice.

Also, guys, remember that the trouble with the sorcerer last time was NOT a red herring.

On another subject, I feel getting Er Yin out without trying to comfort her was a very un-Ryukusa thing to do. I hope she can forgive us, and that the universe will, too.

We literaly can't do that.

>Also, guys, remember that the trouble with the sorcerer last time was NOT a red herring.
True, but what does it mean? Is he gonna show up to make things even worse?

[XX] ….you're joking right? Who do you think I am anyways?
[XX] You can speak plainly, I can see your intentions already.
[X] It's not a matter of fighting, it's a matter of what is safest for Akari and the baby.
[+] I don't care about difficulty, this is my family.
[+] My duty was chosen for my family's sake, they are inseparable.

Tilting your head, you give Inau-kun a look that is equal parts bemusement and and incredulity, with a hefty implication of her ridiculousness. “Hey, who do you think I am anyways? If I can't overcome something like this when kami or kamuy are forcing me into a choice I'm not willing to make until I'm ready for it, I don't deserve the nature of a demigod to begin with.”

You acerbic assertion makes Yui snort laughter through her hand, while Kiki-hime, pale and upset as she is, giggles softly. Almost as one they intone the mantra: “If it's Ryukusa, it can't be helped.”

Akari smiles and coughs weakly, her eyes opening slowly. “Aniki is aniki,” she murmurs, weakly wiping her mouth. Yui tenderly takes a now clean sheet and wipes it for her, and the soft carnelian eyes meet the glowing blue of her lover's. “Hey.”

“Hush now, adults are talking,” Yui murmurs softly, and Kiki-hime smiles and lays her hand atop Yui's as Yui place a gently hand on Akari's arm.

Shoko has cleaned the sheets and everyone else, and is walking the swirl of bloodied water to the restroom. Er Yin crawls to where you and the rest of your family are, and settles nearby. “Akari-san, can you sit up for a moment?” You glance at Inau and Yui, and then both scoot back a little, showing their agreement that she may try. “If you align your chakras, you will feel better for a short time.” Yui leans over and whispers to your wife to get the strongest alcohol in the house, and Kiki-hime moves quickly to obey. You flick your hand and Yuuhi immediately follows Kiki-hime without protest.

[XX] ….you're joking right? Who do you think I am anyways?
[XX] You can speak plainly, I can see your intentions already.
[X] It's not a matter of fighting, it's a matter of what is safest for Akari and the baby.
[+] I don't care about difficulty, this is my family.
[+] My duty was chosen for my family's sake, they are inseparable.

Tilting your head, you give Inau-kun a look that is equal parts bemusement and and incredulity, with a hefty implication of her ridiculousness. “Hey, who do you think I am anyways? If I can't overcome something like this when kami or kamuy are forcing me into a choice I'm not willing to make until I'm ready for it, I don't deserve the nature of a demigod to begin with.”

You acerbic assertion makes Yui snort laughter through her hand, while Kiki-hime, pale and upset as she is, giggles softly. Almost as one they intone the mantra: “If it's Ryukusa, it can't be helped.”

Akari smiles and coughs weakly, her eyes opening slowly. “Ryukusa is Ryukusa,” she murmurs, weakly wiping her mouth. Yui tenderly takes a now clean sheet and wipes it for her, and the soft carnelian eyes meet the glowing blue of her lover's. “Hey.”

“Hush now, adults are talking,” Yui murmurs softly, and Kiki-hime smiles and lays her hand atop Yui's as Yui place a gently hand on Akari's arm.

Shoko has cleaned the sheets and everyone else, and is walking the swirl of bloodied water to the restroom. Er Yin crawls to where you and the rest of your family are, and settles nearby. “Akari-san, can you sit up for a moment?” You glance at Inau and Yui, and then both scoot back a little, showing their agreement that she may try. “If you align your chakras, you will feel better for a short time.” Yui leans over and whispers to your wife to get the strongest alcohol in the house, and Kiki-hime moves quickly to obey. You flick your hand and Yuuhi immediately follows Kiki-hime without protest.

>“Aniki is aniki,”

>“Ryukusa is Ryukusa,”

Damnit another title swapped out for the proper name

Pls. Pls.

Damnit, we're somehow fucking up so badly we're breaking time?

“And if you can't, tell me so,” you warn her. She shakes her head, and sits up, moving very slowly. Her blood is still terribly sluggish, and still split into hot and cold....

You narrow your eyes, feeling that faint wrongness, that ever so slight influence. Turning much of your attention upon Inau-kun, you speak calmly. “You can be pretty plain, or say whatever you need to even if you don't think I'll understand. Your intent will be plain to me, as will your concerns and desires.” Inau-kun blinks and nods slowly, thinking hard. You support Akari-niji-chan carefully, your hand under her palms as she crawls up along your body before turning to sit upright in front of you; her tail wraps tightly about your arm, but you ignore the inadvertently caused pain, even though it's your left arm.

Er Yin movers closer, her talons gently touching Akari-niji-chan, lightly pressing on meridians and pressure points to assist the flow of her blood. Inau-kun takes a deep breath and looks at you, but you hold your hand up. “It isn't a matter of how much fighting is involved, you know. What matters is Akari and the child she caries. I'm not going to be forced to a decision that will hurt them later by what is happening now. I may not be the strategist that Akari-niji-chan is, but I am better at tactics, and I won't make a tactically unsound decision just because someone has outmaneuvered me strategically. I chose this duty for them, and they are part and parcel of this duty. Without them, it won't matter anyways, so however difficult the method, I will see it done.”

Like I don't know what we're doing wrong? First Kiku and now Akari.

I'm pretty sure that he's deeply linked to it already.

Maybe we should Fire Eyes once, to see the truth of the matter.

Also, remember what XS said:

Sorcery is basicaly sucking the power from a spirit in order to use it yourself (the opposite of praying the spirit to give them strength). So he could be behind all this, and it could register as "Kami stuff". Not to mention that as Kiku clearly said, he has the RIGHT to mess with Er Yin as a declared enemy of clan Ryo, and I doubt Akari stayed in their friend list.

Not to mention two other things: he was noted to be a skilled HEALER, and our beloved issuffering from medical problems, and Er Yin was still able to talk a bit about the situation, with "no warning, no harm" from her action, when an hostile Kami would have jumped on the occasion to utterly destroy her.

Every ounce of your will goes into impressing that upon Inau-kun, and she swallows slowly, realizing she may have underestimated you on a few counts, not just one or two. “Hai, aniki,” she says, bowing her head and placing one hand before her. “Please forgive my ignorance.”

[] nothing to forgive.
[] we're still family you know.
[] these things happen and will be forgotten.
[] nonsense, you are doing your duty.
[] ignorance can be taught away, just ask Jinyuu.

>[] nothing to forgive.
>[] these things happen and will be forgotten.

It's not us or Ryukusa who are fucking up

>[] nonsense, you are doing your duty.
>[] nothing to forgive.

In some ways that's scarier user.

So wait, are you saying that we accidentally uncovered the mastermind ahead of schedule via idle musing, and now we're receiving not so subtle reminders?

>[x] nothing to forgive.
>[x] we're still family you know.
>[x] nonsense, you are doing your duty.

>[] nothing to forgive.

Hrmm we need get someone else to call us by another name, like having Kiki call us Otoosan.

If that causes a time break it's when ever someone isn't referred to by their name, thought would Ryukusa or Yorihokura count as our true name? Because time fuckary calls us Ryukusa

[X] Even if she'll pretend not to know what we're talking about, thank her for interrupting Er Yin?

I don't know, would that be improper?

>[x] nothing to forgive.
>[x] these things happen and will be forgotten.

Is there a Kami/Kamuy whose domain is names? And do they have any reason to be messing with us right now?

This. She is family, so should not feel obligated to kowtow over something this sort.

>[] nothing to forgive.

>I am not one for Yes Men. Discussing me is your right, to all of you, as part of my family and persons dear to me.

>Kiki, Kiku, Inau, Shoko, Er Yin, Yui, Akari, Jinyuu, Yuuhi, please forgive this foolish lizard for the hard time she is putting you through, and for not being helpful to relieve your plight in your time of need. I'm really, really sorry.

>Fire Eyes.

We need to see what is going on, and we need to apologize for the hard time we're giving to our beloved.

Also, I'm now certain whatever is happening, it's linked to the names used. Maybe it's linked to our newly discovered True Name.

It's pretty remarkable how this went the same way as last time, although with the name now being Ryukusa I'm not so sure it's True Name bullshit any more. If we know of any other name-related powers, I've certainly forgotten them.

Nothing happened, though, and there is nothing to forget

Well yeah, but it's just the usual.

I'm saying he choose this moment.

Didn't Er Yin leave the room?

>Didn't Er Yin leave the room?
No our sister did

You might be thinking of Jinyuu, user.

I feel so terrible that this entire situation is making me think of Kekkai Yokai

While I appreciate not wanting to be bullied, what specifically are we waiting for with our elemental choice? Like is there anyone who could plausibly give us guidance in the matter, or any like meditation vision stuff we could do?

I understand the importance of making an informed decision, I'm just a little afraid we're already as informed as we can get.

I hope this is not too late.

>Japanese naming conventions forbid naming a child until three weeks after they are born, so that demons and spirits can't posses them. Even then they are given a childhood/nickname name to help protect them.

>As you can imagine, this would be critical for a spirit-child.

fair enough.

Didn't we already discuss questioning us with Inau?

And for that matter, didn't Kiki do operations without freaking out? While Yui was able to handle herself even in a crisis of equivalent proportions?

... Is somene screwing with how our beloved react, too, or is it just paranoia when I see them act in a manner fitting them because stress is messing with their helped-but-not-resolved issues?

Adding to this (last time, I swear) >Tell your family you love them
>Grab Akari-niji-okaa-chan's hand and put your other hand on her belly.

I'm still having a hard time grasping what is and isn't appropriate in regards to showing vulnerability but I do like this option.

[XXX] nothing to forgive.
[XX] nonsense, you are doing your duty.
[x] we're still family you know.
[x] these things happen and will be forgotten
[+] You may always question my actions and motives, just like everyone else.
[+] Apologies for being slow to fix this.
[+++] Fire Eyes

Smiling, you relax, and she relaxes slightly as well, though she's still unnerved at the sight of Ryukusa-on-edge, which most people would be. Yui strokes her lover's hand and you reach out and gently lower Inau-kun's hand with your right. Yui's petting makes Akari relax a littler, which is good because that was startling to hurt.

“You're always welcome to contest me, make suggestions, complain, or just tell me you think I'm wrong, you know. Everyone is, and you're no exception. I'm not infallible. Family and clan support one another, and we're both, and you're part of that. It happens, and is forgotten as quickly and as often as it occurs.” You stroke Akari-niji-chan's hair gently. “So, there is nothing to forgive at all. You would be remiss in your duties for not being forthright, and tellign me those things. I will never be angry at you for it.”

“....maybe tease you about it, but not angry,” murmurs Akari softly, her voice thick and sleepy. Yui-niji-chan looks at you, her eyes filled with worry. “Please forgive me for this time spent useless. Please tell me what we can do.” Yui-niji-chan relaxes as you turn your attention fully upon Inau-kun.

“Her elemental nature is battling that of the child, and the child is at advantage in this situation.” You nod absently, having realized that much already. “I am unfamiliar with many dragonette powers, but you have the ability to control blood and water? Would that extend to amniotic fluid?”

“The ocean where we all come from? Certainly. But I can't do so with Akari, any more than I can mingle her cold blood with her hot blood – she isn't actually injured so I have no way to effect anything inside....her....” You run your hand slowly down Akari's back, which makes her straighten a little more as you concentrate on her warm and cool blood. The separation between the two....

….separating.

Different words, simultaneously heard yet bearing different meanings over the whole.

Kamuy are subtle, more subtle than kami, no less powerful.

Separating blood, elements, names and titles.

Forcing them into contact when they should not be.

Blood that spills where it should not.

….combining, separating....

Shoko and Kiki and Yuuhi come to the doorway and gather; you look up, watching Shoko step back for your wife, Yuuhi following closely, the doorway separating them from Shoko for an instant, until it is crossed.

“Doors.”

Yui looks up at you like you've lost your mind. Er Yin's tail lashes slowly across the bed, as Inau-kun accepts the alcohol from your wife and Shoko kneels near the bed, on the floor, the bed and the floor separate, unique, one leading to the other.

“Er Yin-sensei, what is the name of the kamuy of doorways?”

“They are two, Ryukusa-sama; they are called Apasam Kamuy.” She smiles slightly, pleased about your question.

“And let me guess, they're associated with childbirth too?” An awful lot of kamuy seem to be.

“The opening of doorways into life from birth, yes,” she murmurs softly, her sightless eyes opening to look directly at you.

Or the closure of it, naturally, forcing things to go wrong.

You close your eyes – your actual eyes and your Water Eyes, and then open them again, Fire Eyes blazing.

The two young girls in the beautiful brocaded clothing stare at you with wide eyes of mismatched colors. No one else has noticed them, except Er Yin, whose tail is flicking back and forth, pointing at one and then the other. Not even Jinyuu-onee-sama noticed them. But then, they're not even in a Barrier – they're in the spirit world entirely. And while the wards and protections of being in other spaces are effective against almost anything, it only makes sense that such barriers would mean nothing to a kamuy (A kamuys? Two kamuy? Whatever!) whose entire area of expertise is literally boundaries and doorways.

[] Apasam Kamuy, you are about to be destroyed unless you explain NOW.
[] ….this is an intolerable breech of etiquette, not to mention my duties.
[] You have one minute to explain yourselves before I remove you from the world.
[] May I ask what you two think you are doing here?
[] Lay the fuckin' smack-down on them and then question their chibi asses.

Gotta admit, I didn't see that coming.

>[] ….this is an intolerable breech of etiquette, not to mention my duties.
>[] You have one minute to explain yourselves before I remove you from the world.
>[] May I ask what you two think you are doing here?

>[x] ….this is an intolerable breech of etiquette, not to mention my duties.
>[x] May I ask what you two think you are doing here?

Haha we're gonna kill two gods instead of one