Modern MtG is too broken

>modern MtG is too broken

I don't get it. Were these guys still in diapers during the era of pre-8th Edition sets? Classic sets can curbstomp opponents every bit as modern sets. Classic sets can even curbstomp modern sets, especially if you exploit obscure keywords that can't be blocked since modern cards no longer have them.

>10 turn clock for 3 mana
>pump can't speed up the clock
The card is trash.

>this guy
Yes, it's objectively inferior to Blighted Agent. No, it is not bad.

>Play Pauper
>trash Modern lists all day long

Wow how am I ever going to get rid of a 1 toughness creature, might as well just concede the match the moment that puppy hits the table

Yes it is. Blighted agent would be awful too if you couldn't pump it.

Pump effects are the only thing that makes infect good.

Nigga, it's a 1/1 for 3 that essentially deals 2 damage if unblocked and has situational evasion. There's a reason the archetype is called Infect and not Poison.

>vault of whispers is too strong for the modern format.

Wait wait wait, fuck. So no matter how much I pump him he only gets one poison counter per turn? Damn that's awful, I didn't read carefully, I'm an idiot.

I literally got bitched at last Friday for playing 'Legacy Pauper' against this dude's janky Modern lists.

I was trying really hard not to laugh.

>not playing Unglued/Unhinged

Yes, but not because of that card.
Or any creature whose objective is fair magic.

DRS
Treasure cruise
Oath of the Gate watch
Emrakul
Griselbrand
Planeswalker cards
Affinity
Infect
GSZ

Dude are you even trying?

Try playing a list that doesn't include any cards from before 8th Ed vs a modern legacy deck and see the difference. you'll get assfucked from here to next wednesday and youre a retard

Double strike makes it five turns!

No, no it doesn't.

If it was for FNM, I can see why they would bitch at you.
or if he came in expecting a modern match

More like
>Modern MTG is too expensive
When a stack of 60 playing cards costs you a mortgage payment you know something is wrong.

This has to be bait. Right?

And for the record, MTG came out in 1993, so yes, many players were in diapers / unbirthed during very old sets.

Of course, even a toddler knows that the card you posted is trash, and that "better evasion" is not at all why vintage/legacy power levels are higher.

If both lists had to play by the Legacy banned list, yes the deck without new cards would get trashed. But if you played an early Type 1 deck like pic related against most Legacy decks I think it would still hold up on the back of Mana Drain and the Power 9.

Rather than hyper-control it'd be better to play storm