It's official. They are a thing

It's official. They are a thing.

Is this going to upset Magic nerds?

I bet this is going to upset Magic nerds. Whatever it is.

>characters are created
>creator later pairs two up
>internet shippers lose their shit because their precious waifu/husband/shipping chart is tainted and everything is awful forever
>again

I mean if we're just going by duels teams then gideon and liliana are a thing immediately after that, and then liliana and jace, so apparently the gatewatch is just some kind of daisy chain love fest where no one fucks the elf.

>Chandra not paired with a black man or another woman
Shameful. And I thought that in 2016 Wizards could do better.

Chandra's just a side chick. Gideon's really giving it up to Koth

Honestly I'm surprised it's not this

user, I don't think those two have even met

That, or everyone fucks the elf.

You're a cancer upon my hobby
Gtfo

>Two characters are next to each other
>They must be fucking

the members of the gatewatch actually relate to each other the way their colors do: gideon and nissa were immediately repulsed by liliana, gideon was the one who deferred to jace. chandra was the one to come to liliana's defense.
>gideon respects jace and nissa for their commitment on zendikar
>jace respects gideon's leadership and likes liliana because his pockets are made of spaghetti
>nissa respects gideon because "for zendikar" and had girl feels with chandra
>liliana likes jace because he's an adorable nerd, probably also going to have girlfeels with chandra
>chandra has had direct conflicts with jace and gideon in the past, apparently relates to nissa and liliana the most
>tfw your fire waifu is the gatewatch's secret lesbian
wotc please don't do this to me, just let her be a tomboy without being a dyke.

Look at this virgin over here. Faggot!

Pretty much all of the original Gatewatch have some sort of chemistry going, except for Chandra-Jace and Gideon-Nissa.

Mtg lore posters are the worst for acting like something is 'confirmed' when in reality we have nothing.

Serious question: how do you all derive who's fucking who from the flavor text on the cards? I don't play Magic.

So the situation so far:

>Gideon doesn't trust Liliana, is the bro Jace never had, has a complicated thing with Chandra, and is battle-buddies with Nissa.
>Jace has a complicated thing with Liliana, is man-crushing pretty hard on Gideon's charisma, is rivals with Chandra, and has been having a lot of mind-to-mind touching with Nissa
>Chandra is if not friendly at least the least repulsed by the lady in the uncomfortable dress that just saved them, has a complicated thing with Gideon, is rivals with Jace, and likes Nissa's kind hands
>Nissa hates Liliana on sight, is battle-buddies with Gideon, has a mental bond of trust with Jace, and feels a connection to Chandra she's never felt with anything else, even Zendikar
>Liliana had a fucked-up relationship with Jace she feels mildly guilty about and is still somewhat fond of him even though she's too proud to ask him for help instead of make him owe her, has nothing but contempt for Gideon, and has taken little interest in the girls so far.

This sounds like the opposite of a problem.

It's fine. Jaya is still pure.

This. Jaya's husbando / waifu is fire. Lots and lots of fire.

Now, my memory is sometimes a bit hazy, but I'm pretty sure they've been a thing for quite some time.
Longer than your average Modern player has been in this game, at least.

I don't think it's ever been official just heavily hinted atp

Because, and I know this is shocking, WotC deciding to give occasional small mention to minorities does not actually mean the will never ever let there be heterosexual couples ever again.

Gideon's persian and Chandra's half-Indian

Well, he's Greek, at least. :^)

Are you retarded? Gideon is greek

And both of Chandra's parents look Indian or central Asian.
Her being a redhead is only a little weird as northern Indian and central Asian groups have some genes for a reddish hair. Not as bright as Chandra's, but whatever magic.
Chandra having the skin tone of an Irish redhead in half her art on the other hand.

Okay? We were talking about Gideon but sure

Her father's actually pretty white.

The red hair probably comes from being Chandra existing before Kaladesh.

Though given Chandra and Nalaar are Indian names, I wonder when their backgrounds were originally set.

Aka the utter truth in every situation where there's an elf

NOT TODAY, XERXES!

I wouldn't actually mind. W/R is a cool color combo and I seem to recall hearing that they've hit it off before

Fuck the Jacetice League.

They write stories and shit and the games have light story.

I hate the new magic story direction so much.

Hello tumblr

Isn't it established in her backstory that the red-hair is a magic thing? Like, indicative of her being a pyromancer from birth?

Also, some older Indian people dye their hair that bright orange-red with henna, if that counts.

>It's official. They are a thing.
That can't be. You need more than two people to legislate on such meetings.

Isn't this basically just doing Weatherlight stuff again, but with the neowalkers?

but old things are good and new things are bad.

Weatherlight was one of the worst things to happen to magic.