Is there a lazier way to make a character "original" than having a female in a traditionally male role?

Is there a lazier way to make a character "original" than having a female in a traditionally male role?

Easy: make the character a foreigner.

Is there a lazier way to get (you)s than to try to stir the shit with yet another -4 STR AMIRITE GUISE thread?

Is there a lazier way to make a thread "original" than having a bait post in a traditionally easy to bait board?

there's an even lazier way than both of these: Player Two Palette Swap of an existing character.

Then again, let them develop overtime and you'd be surprised how far they can come from that.

Laziest would probably be adding one minor detail to an already existing character. Like an eyepatch or scar or whatever.

OP, just get it over with, stop beating around the bush, and ask for cheesecake character art with tigolbitties.

Here, have a female fighter while I'm at it.

It might be lazy, but there's nothing wrong with it.

Just think how upset OP would have been if you didn't reply to his threads.

Foreigners are at least interesting depending on where they come from. "Generic honorable Paladin who is always serious...except she's a girl, with a boy's personality and sexual interest, but tits!" has nothing new to offer.

Hey, I tried to sage at least.

You're exactly the kind of player OP was talking about, I bet. Nobody even mentioned -4 Strength.

>still no reverse trap gf
Why live?

Not OP, but I agree with you in principle. The thing is, starting with a knight girl or warrior princess or barbarian amazon girl is fine, but you have to do more than have tits and a sword to be interesting or original. The same applies to race, actually. "Dragonborn Fighter" should not be the complete picture of your character.

No, but it was obvious bait for it. Also stop bumping this shit.

No. Any minute now people are going to start posting musclegirls and my musclegirl folder hungers for them. Plus OP's point, taken at face value, is correct. It's a lazy way to make a character you can fap to or get praised for because everyone loves Saber and Agrias.

indeed, these are springboards and part of what can make the difference between a Roleplayer and a Rollplayer.

Off the top of my head, I can think of more than a few ideas with the examples presented:

>knight girl
She comes from a long line a loyal knights in service to the king. Never able to have a son, she offered to train to be 'the son' for her father and train as a knight. She's worked hard to get where she is, and even with all her hardwork, dedication, and training, she's still lagging. She joins the adventuring party to find ways to become stronger.

>Warrior Princess
She's actually like... Thirteenth in line to the throne. She's demonstrated better competency than her siblings (especially her oldest brother, the crowned prince) in matters political and military. Unfortunately, the throne goes to the oldest and male heir. So the princess leaves to become an adventurer and get enough gold and followers to start her own kingdom. With blackjack and hookers.

>Barbarian Amazon Girl
Her nation isn't actually a matriarchial amazon tribe, they just got into a bad war and got desperate and sent out the women (who were admittedly trained by their husbands to defend the home but not to be full soldiers) it's mostly worked and they've managed to surive, but the Barbar woman has been sent out by her chief to find a way to help bolster her tribe again.

>Dragonborn Fighter
Was one of the original soldiers of an ancient Dragonborn Empire that once ruled and enslaved much of the known world. When they started getting their shit pushed, a group of them were put into a magical stasis with the intent to release them later to rebuild their empire. The future is an eternal disappointment to them.

Okay, so basically the last one is Javik, but I have a soft spot for him and tend to treat dragonborn as basically Protheans in my settings.

Is it weird that my settings normally don't have a preference for male heirs and "only sons can be knights" and such?

Obviously there are fewer women in strength-intensive jobs and classes, but there's no real stigma against Bertha the Brawny Farmgirl being one of the town guards and having Fighter levels if she can hack it with the men. What bothers me more is when some skinny little twig of a girl is presented as a Strength-primary character.

Also except for the "muh sexism" elements (and therefore all of Knight Girl's backstory), any one of those would be just as good as a male. Even the Dragonborn would work just as well as a human male from an ancient empire.

not really weird, could be seen as just a product of your generation where it's hard to even wrap your head around sexism.

But for setting purposes, I expressly like to include things like issues with sexism (bonus points if a nation is run by a queen and sexism is still rampant), racism, mental illnesses not being recognized as things you can't just 'toughen out'. (fun fact: in my setting, actual medical understanding of a character improves healing magic. So the fact that most healers don't understand how depression works means they can't do shit to cure it. Also means they can't cure schizophrenia)

Also tossing in values dissonances like "slavery is okay because the alternative is genocide and this is a pre-industrial society".

Of course, it will still all depend on where you go in the world.

"dragonborn fighter" should be the complete picture of your character at character creation, pretty much.
Maybe some family, but other than that, you're a new character. your story just began. Develop it as time goes on instead of writing a novel beforehand and trying to stick to that.

Not weird, because sticking to real world gender norms is boring.

Character runs away from a convent and becomes a lesbian mercenary in a far away land.

also an understandable mindset for this. Awhile back there was a "how do you justify bikini armor" thread, and I came up with an odd idea that in the ancient past, the gods and an enclave of sorcerers who wanted to protect women from harm basically blessed all women to have "skin like the hardest iron" so long as they wore even a bit of bronze, iron, steel, or any other non-precious metal.

I thought that this would mean women militia would end up a bigger thing in that world potentially leading to a more female dominated military by virtue of being able to be better armored with less supplies than a male soldier. (Put on an iron bracelet and they're good to go versus making a whole suit of chainmail, and god help you if a woman dons a full suit of armor herself since the protection stacks.)

It was a fun thought exercise in my head. Funnier part was that while it did justify bikini armor, it also meant women warriors could get away with less, but it was still sensible to wear more.

I feel like people who bother to justify bikini armor go out of their way to make it only apply to women, which I don't get. Not being attracted to it doesn't mean you need to make it a double standard.

T H I CK
H
I
C
K

I want her in my party, we could use a tank.

Act surprised when they don't consider the ramifications of women being inherently better fighters than men, which would cause an entire shift in the society's gender roles.

Keep up the act when you still have kings, men in positions of power or social stigmas associated with men going out to fight.

Admittedly, as for why not males, I figured just a limitation of the magic and ritual.

Hell, I'd imagine the fact that it applied to females of ALL sapient races wouldn't have been an intended effect but it was either that or all women of that race get killed.

The specifics of what sparked the need for such measures, I hadn't fully fleshed out either. Figured it might have been something targetting specifically women, but, honestly, why it would do that remains to be seen.

but, yes, the societal shift would have been far more towards matriarchal as what starts with women being better for militia also then means they get deployed as standard soldiers, which means more political influence, which means men start to get looked down on as fragile.

In general, though, justifying bikini armor isn't really something I'd want to do for one of my settings partially for the reasons you mention.

Closest was justifying how players can survive in "one HP" situations without making combat seem like you don't actually make any progress until you take down the last bit of HP.

I personally would have done something like in the Lies of Locke Lamora sequel which name I can't remember.

It's unlucky to leave port without at least a cat and a woman first mate on the ship. Pretty much suicidal to have neither.

Because the sea god loves him some titties and kitties. And not just any titties, but specifically naval officer titties in a uniform.

It's serious fucking business, he WILL sink your ship if you don't pander to his fetish or distract him with cat antics.

So women wear bikini armor because the God of War likes that shit and protects them in battle so long as they're showing what they got.

Most women (and men) find this degrading as well as a sign of a woman being so thirsty for death that she pretty much whores herself out for it.

The head Goddess is also a raging 3rd wave man hating Feminist (mostly because her husband is Zeus) who hatefucks the head god on occasion and is technically more powerful than him, and feels that women who go to war are secretely men inside and are betraying their gender, so they can't ever get married.

War God is all like "Look, I'm in charge of some terrible shit, give me this one thing so I have a reason to keep this crap job. Fucking go ahead and fire me I don't care."

And the last time they did that shit got out of control, since the war Gods actual role is to keep conflicts from becoming world ending.

But I digress.

It wasn't funny a year ago, and it's not funny now. Be a good poster and let bad memes rest.

Male character in a traditionally female role.

What the fuck.

That series really went of the rails. Shit, man. I only read the first and that was low magic as fuck/

I wouldn't want a male substituted in the sort of bad end in store for that character.

>a lazier way

It's straight outta tumblr.
So, no.

>Dragonborn are the Protheans of his settings
user...you have rescued the Dragonborn for me.
Thank you.

Wait, what?
That's all from the actual series?
I assumed he deviated from the books by line 2 or 3, and was just extrapolating a setting based on similar logic.
THAT'S the backstory behind 'Medieval Heist World That Can't Decide If It's Theah Or Faerun'?!?

Except Kitana and Mileena were introduced in the same game.

You could give them Heterochromia.

Yes, generally "having personality" is an important aspect of making sure your character has personality.

Originality has little to do with whats written on the character sheet, and everything to do with /character/. The personality and quirks, the motivations and goals. Play the character rather than the stats and equipment list, and even a neutral good human male fighter can be "original."