Tabletop gaming is associated with gender bending shenanigans thanks to D&D...

Tabletop gaming is associated with gender bending shenanigans thanks to D&D. Has this ever actually come up in any game you've ever played?

No because I don't play with idiots and "gender bending shenanigans" are not a consideration for any player who doesn't stalk the WotC/Paizo forums.

>Tabletop gaming is associated with gender bending shenanigans
Why do you tell lies on the internet?

>Tabletop gaming is associated with gender bending shenanigans thanks to D&D
Since when?

Pretty sure D&D is associated mostly with satanism, the girdle of genderbending is more of an old in-joke like gazebos or what have you.

How exactly is it associated with it? Examples?

He's either referring to the magic item which changes your gender or just bitching about those dirty Es-Jay-Dubyas ruining our elfgames.

Or he googled "tg".

- Baldur's Gate is possibly the most famous of vidya based on D&D. In the game you run into a gender-swapping item after... 1 hour of gameplay?
- Elminster is possibly the most famous named character. He spend considerable amout of his life genderswapped
- Elves have gender-swapping god (since AD&D)

>Tabletop gaming is associated with gender bending shenanigans thanks to D&D.

Come on, OP. If you wanted a Rule 63 thread just say so, no need to make up bullshit.

Then it's all D&D and not associated with tabletop in general at all.

surprisingly changing genders with that item, does not disguise you from the bad guys looking for you, with only a description of yourself.

>Elves have gender-swapping god (since AD&D)
>Elves
>Gender-swapping
How can you tell?

Man I wish that were true since it's my fetish but this crap never happens and the rare chance it does it's usually not played for shenanigans.

Or are you just looking for green text stories?

I might be misremembering it, but I think one of the traps in Tomb of Horrors switched the victims gender. Nobody in the group cared.

I've had players with PCs that don't match their gender. Usually females playing males, I've only had one male player with a female PC and he got bored of it. Again, nobody cared.

I'm planning to run a transhuman RPG at some point where one aspect will be seeing how the players react when the options for the bodies they could upload into are limited. I suspect that nobody will care much when their prefer gender/species is unavailable.

>Elminster is possibly the most famous named character
>Not Shitdrow Do'randumb

I once caught a player with a cursed belt of opposite gender in one of the more lighthearted campaigns I ran. Lasted for a few sessions until he managed to find an elf Mage able to turn him back.
I know he posted an exaggerated version of the story on a Tumblr page somewhere but I can't remember the name of the page or I'd link it.

In my early days as a GM, I brought in a girdle of gender change for the first and last time. Frankly, I was more disappointed than anything - my party sniffed it out immediately, and kept it around along with a scroll of remove curse in case they ever thought of a use for it, which they never did. Bleh.

Yes.

>Tabletop gaming is associated with gender bending shenanigans thanks to D&D
What? Granted there are a few examples of gender bending in TTRPGs, but how does that mean that tabletop gaming as a whole is associated with it?
All that's happened is that a few people who are interested in things (such as gender bending) applied it to shit they like. There's plenty of rule 63 Boba Fett, but that doesn't mean Star Wars is associated with gender bending.

Our Generic Dorf got a cursedGirdle of Masculinity/Femininity that he thought was a Belt of Giant Strength, but since the player didn't really put a lot of effort into roleplaying it everyone kind of forgot he was wearing it past the initial gag of him putting on the belt and getting genderswapped.

Give no shits.
Maybe once as a joke. It got fixed next session.

I'd be fine playing a male or female character, but playing a species I don't want to would bother me greatly.

You'll note that all your examples come from Forgotten Realms (the gender-swapping Corellon is unique to FR, and both Elminster and Baldur's Gate take place in FR), and it's sort of understood that Ed Greenwood did make it more than a little magical-realmy.

It's a stretch to say your three examples can be associated with tabletop games or even D&D in general - before FR, D&D was represented by Greyhawk, Blackmoor, and Mystara.

Even after FR it shared shelf space with Dragonlance (with Dark Sun, Ravenloft, Planescape, and Spelljammer being also well known if niche). The 3.x era had Eberron as the flagship (and PF has Golarion).

Yes, it was a pervy druid saving our druid from a face-eating mask he put on because he's an idiot

D&D is the first and foremost game the general population thinks of when they think of tabletop games, when they think of them at all

Who is she? Google didn't help.