What's the edgiest character you've ever played or seen played?

What's the edgiest character you've ever played or seen played?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EkQQdK1Sn2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This guy once went into a bar where he was being hailed as a hero for the party's previous adventures, then proceeded to start a fire in the bathroom and burn the whole place down. He even barred the door as he left so no one could escape as they burned alive.

He was apparently just feeling loony at the time.

I went for comedically edgy in a oneshot once.

His name was japanese for "wrist razors", his fighting style involved hurting himself, he wore a fedora, and spoke almost entirely in shitty one-liners.

Saxius the Soulreaper

tell me more

>party is doing a B+E to get information on a group of alleged cultists
>think building is empty
>child sleeping there wakes up
>we come across him
>question him successfully without getting violent or overly threatening
>about to capture and temporarily detain the boy so our cover is not blown when the cultists return
>all is going well
>the boy is detained, nobody has been murdered or raped (today), nice for a change
>dm seems pleased nobody has fucked this up
>party edgelord speaks up
>"i slit his throat from ear to ear"
>have to hide his body somewhere...
>"i hide his body in the oven"
>"i turn the oven on"
>homeless man smells cooking and moseys into the building
>edgelord feeds the child to him

He didn't kill the homeless guy and feed both to the party?

We just finished an Evil one-off campaign and I made my character hate nobility. I didnt know how edgy that could be

>"ROYAL BLOOD MUST BE SEEN"
>"SHOW US YOUR TRUE COLORS, YOU CLAIM IT TO BE BLUE BUT AH, ITS RED"
>"by royal decree I will TEAR YOUR FINGERS OFF"

All with rolling R's, it was really over the top but tons of fun

Not quite that edgy. I believe murdering the child was all he needed (to feel something) but when we needed to dispose of the body feeding it to a bum was an added bonus.

Damn, my current character dislikes nobility too. Do you mind if I steal a couple of those lines user?

Is that considered edgy?
I mean, extremely violent, sure. But it seems par for the course for the french revolution

That's... impressive.

Had a Shadowrun character that was a mysognistic serial killer. Literally had to kill a woman a week or lost his compusure, per the addiction disadvantage. I mainly played the character because I was part of a group that was new to role-playing (and therefor quite bad at it). The character forced them to react to negative situation and had them on edge literally all the time. Holding their breaths hoping that he wouldn't randomly decide to kill a female hostage or, much worse, find out their decker was female. I played my part well and honestly had a lot of fun with the character. I don't think I could pull it off in a setting closer to fantasy or sci-do though since people tend to be more goofy in those campaigns.

>cannot float

He cannot float.

He is probably too dense

A heavily-scarred, schizophrenic strangler. He derived a great deal of pleasure from throttling people to death. The more he did it, the less pleasure he felt from anything else. He also had a thing for jailbait. These intersected.

made a robot in rifts, was doing really well as a support character, he didn't say much, but got the party into shenanigans we laughed about later on. One day he gets killed, party wants to keep him a live so thy cut off his head which was replaced with another robot body, right back to how it was before. fast foreword a while, i'm getting bored of being just support, have an idea where the AI of the previous bot laid dorment and took over the body from time to time, made people do his bidding and was just an all around cringe-meister. immediate regret after the session, killed him off the next one

Night and darkness mage, keeps talking about the power of the darkness, what she sees as a primal force permeating through everything.
Not evil, but edge.
Noone really takes it serious so she will only mumble about it once in a while.

It means he cannot get an erection.

Undead assassin by the name of Bane. He has amnesia and doesnt remember his real name, but he goes by Bane, because he is the bane of the living.

Fought with a rapier, could literally teleport behind someone to slash them. Was super serious in a game that wasn't, but trying to be the straight man in a silly world made him silly.

Also had a really good stealth, disguise, and acrobatics, so he could fall from about 4-5 stories with no fall damage, doing so at one point. Followed by the retard paladin smashing into the ground next to him and nearly dying right there.

Go aheas its all yours bill

Tell me about Bane and the paladin who didn't fly so good.

him heavy

Played a game with a katana wielding dhampyr raised by gnomes once.

Apologies for the near incoherent backstory of his i'm posting here.

I want everyone from Overwatch to have their personalities do a 180. So like imagine instead of Reaper, it's Tracer twirling around with shotguns going "BANG BANG BANG" or an evil doctor Mercy.

Ana and Widowmaker simply swap places, which shows how formulaic and shallow most of the Overwatch characters are.

>or an evil doctor Mercy.
>implying she isn't

Anyways, Reaper takes his edginess far enough to wrap back around to bearable.

I made a White Knight once.

DM was running a 'farewell to 3.5' kinda thing, wanted to have us make the most utterly broken nonsensical everything allowed level 20's possible.
So I made a Strength = Yes guy, mostly because I didn't like casting.
Either way he was a CE asshole who was entirely invincible that hurt things for no reason other than he could whose approach to a trap was to throw a random follower into it to see what would happen.
He may have repeated this method a few times.
I don't recall speaking in an edgelord tone but frankly he was the devotee to a CE god of perverse sin and pleasure sooooo

>Tracer becomes a cynical, low-class chav girl
>Reinhardt becomes an honorless, cruel black knight
>Mercy becomes an emphatic and moral doctor
>Zenyatta becomes a nihilistic materialist

Right now, am playing a Chaotic-Neutral, teenage(according to Elvish standards - he's 36 years old) Shadar Kai Rogue in an "all-Evil" party... that's as edgy as it can get.
Things he did:
Torturing enemies
Taking their tongues as trophies
Cutting off a Tiefling's horn to make a mug out of it
Telling a villager that he's disappointed that the quest he gave didn't involve killing
and finally - shitting into a mouth of a dead enemy(the battle was pretty hard and frustrating so it was his way to get even)

Oh Reaper, you're adorable.

We postin reapies now?

So basically, you were playing Hideaki Anno?

Part of witchhunting was tying women up and throwing them into rivers, if they floated they were a witch and if they sunk they were innocent but in death are sent to God.

>Zarya is now heterosexual

This is a shitty ancient joke made up by English authors to attack the Catholic Spanish.
Cotton Mather points out this approach is pointless, as either way it works out in the interrogator's favor. He knew it was a trick by the English press because there's no reasoning to support it as a method to purge the witch.

>he doesn't ship Zarya with McCree
What are you, gay?

More like
>Zarya is now really the perfect character for Tumblr: tolerant and abrasive

You mean a cyborg, right? No sane Rifts referee would allow an actual robot as a player character.

But she just wants to hug him like big fuzzy siberian bear.

We were playing MnM and we had to make a group themed around different comic book eras. Me? I made an edgy 90's immortal assassin supersoldier sniper scythe wielding ex-Nazi shadow/smoke monster who kept going on about his dark fate he has foreseen and so forth. Of course it was all played for laughs and to stay in them like the rest of them, but sitll.

>Reinhardt becomes an honorless, cruel black knight
I want this
I want this so hard

He's all bool

Oh boy. Do I have a story for you guys.

First let me set up exposition
>playing long running Dungeon World (I know I know) game, bunch of players, whoever's available gets together and those characters go on an adventure that week
>we always start in this same shitty tavern
>recently there was a party wipe of that week's team, which killed of one of two remaining members of the original lineup
>the only surviving member of the original line up is an old man clint eastwood adventurer type

Anyways, some new characters are added. This is Dungeon World, so you start out fairly weak, and most of it was pretty standard stuff. A traveling magician, a barbarian warrior, a masterless robot that wanted to do stand up comedy, nothing crazy. But then, this one mother fucker made his character.

>Winter Mage
>backstory is about him being a Lich king ruling a massive kingdom of the undead in the mountains for centurings, being incredibly feared and powerful
>lost is power because he was betrayed or some shit like that, now on a quest to get them back
>just sort of shows up at this shitty tavern in a tiny shitty frontier town, and eventually just sort of awkwardly talks to the party after starring across the room at them while everyone else does character intros
>Just sort of says hi, and then that's it, no other dialog or conversation

>Later, the old man is talking to the barkeep, an aging dwarven woman
>they go way back, and have a long conversation about aging and growing old, times changing
>she's talking about retiring, talks about maybe the pc should consider it to
>he leaves the room and says he'll see her around
>out of no where, the edgy winter lich king mage announces that he goes up to the room where they were talking, after old man character leaves
>he goes in and fucking stabs the woman in the back, slits her throat
>just leaves her there dead in the room without explaining his actions
CONT.

>everyone's just sort of dumbstruck, the GM is practically speechless
>no one has any idea what prompted this and where it's going
>Frosty the Lichking goes back downstairs like nothing's happened, the party is about to go on an actual quest and he just sort of says "Hey wait up" and follows them
>never brings up what he did
>it's never brought up ever again
>that was literally the only memorable thing his character ever did

Seriosuly, with by far the most complex and detailed backstory, he just sort of quietly followed around this party, barely even participating in fights. The party was sort of chaotic good too, and he was fucking lawful evil. No progress was ever made toward's his backstory plotline, or regaining his empire, he was essentially ignored by the party.

His death was great to. While journeying through a field, the barbarian warrior woman made a comment about how she could totally chop one of those massive boulders in half, and the Ice Lich King basically said "Nuh-uh" and dared her to do it. The boulders ended up being a stupidly powerful rock elemental that nearly wiped the team before the barbarian girl killed it, and of course the only one to die was His Frostiness, from being hit in the head by a stray rock in the fight.

He will be missed.

I've seen two applicants that qualify for MAXIMUM OVEREDGE.

One was the reincarnation of a devil god who was deformed as a kid and became a warlock because of that, so he could eventually reform into the full devil.
The guy had the word 'kill' in his username. Big surprise.

The second one was downright laughable, it was for an online game.
This guy literally posted without asking or even APPLYING using a 3.5 character sheet in a 5th edition game.
As it was for new players, stat generation was pointbuy and starting at level 1. He, of course, completely ignored this, bringing me a Fighter/Paladin 2 (still in 3.5) with stats of 22, 16, 19, 14, 14, 18, which is LITERALLY impossible to generate in 5e, even if he rolled (and he didn't show me where he 'rolled' these stats).
Dude was a LG Draconic Lizardfolk (a race that's not statted in 5e, the closest would be dragonborn) with the Shaky flaw taken twice(!?!) and, I shit you not, a MITHRIL ANCESTRAL RELIC BASTARD SWORD despite, and I quote, "an orphan the day he ws born, the circumstances unknown."(sic).
Of course his backstory was being a mercenary and he was JUST THAT GOOD, because of course he was. And when he finally lost, he was saved from bleeding-out death by Bahamut's intervention. Why not.
This wasn't even his only magical item. He was LEVEL THREE.
He didn't even bother to do the math right for some of his modifiers, to boot.

How do I know all of this?
Because he posted in my group's forum with no warning, saying that his character flipped a coin to someone and went to rest at the inn. None of us had even heard of this guy. My initial reaction was to tell him off noisily and call for mods, but I decided he must have posted in our forum by accident, right? Things happen.
Nope. The reply to my 'Hey, I saw you posted in our forum without warning, mind explaining why' message was met with
>""Yeah, I wanted to join your game. Here's my character sheet."
(Cont)

His backstory wasn't even that edgy, it's just that I knew when I saw him that if I let him in, even by reformatting his character sheet for him, it was gonna be a shitstorm.

I mean, this guy had Protagonist Syndrome written all over him, and I saw 'I kill the town guard because they get in my way' or 'nothing personell, other player' in the foreseeable future.

So I basically wrote him a nice letter explaining in calm, kind terms why his application didn't work at all, listed the mistakes and errors he made, and deleted his post.

That was that.

My current DnD character is a tiefling death cleric named Seyton. If the group weren't murderhobos he could be considered slightly above average edge, as it stands he's like top three for niceness, out of 7.

An intelligent sword

A player wanted to play a ninja character that was human but was actually a cursed/polymorphed shadow dragon and their signature weapon was a portable guillotine.

>tfw he invested in the back story and seemed into it so I allowed it
>tfw it was one of the best characters he had ever played and was a great addition to the party

Never got used to not being a shadow dragon, ate rotting meat once and threw up/caught a disease.

A different kind of edge

>their signature weapon was a portable guillotine.
They're called "cigar cutter"

I think I'm stealing this as something to resurrect dead players with.
>the party favorite bard unfortunately slept with too many of the wrong women and failed repeated reflex saves against assassins
>the party encounters an intelligent guitar one day, exactly like the one their deceased bard used to carry
>have the player voice the guitar whenever he pleases

The one who knows the night knows no love.

>portable guillotine
youtube.com/watch?v=EkQQdK1Sn2s

Reaper changes his attire to normal clothes, admits he was having an edgy phase and insists everyone henceforth call him 'Gabe'

I am currently in a hunter the reckoning game where our defender is a young gay nurse whose father abused him so he burned alive his whole family and ran away, now wants to fuck an autist Hidden who is special because he's the only known Rot that can survive by eating dead meat, suffers from and gets overly jealous and violent as soon as said Rot talks to someone else.

>Zenyatta
>"Experience liquidity"
>Makes it rain

How do you 180 Mei? It's pretty hard to be dark and edgy when your whole schtick is freezing people into cartoony popsicles.

>freezes people alive
>shatters them slowly whilst the stare out, fully conscious of you chipping away at their body
>slowed brain activity means it takes much longer to experience braindeath as your organs are fragmented and your limbs shatter off

She goes around with a flamer and hates the environment I guess.

Gonna make a character, maybe he'll never see the light of a day
Would this bio be too coldsteel?
>Green dragonborn
>Clan slaughtered by some murderhobo adventurers, he's the only survivor
>Couldn't get out of the caves where clan lived, so had to eat whatever was here: mushrooms, bats, corpses of his kin
>Forgets his name in this darkness
>Other group of adventurers finds a cannibal dragonborn gnawing on rotten corpses, calls him Feeds-on-Bones, caged and sold to some circus
>Got away, seeking something to do

Is that trump on he last dream?

>Swinelane and Recycling Rodent are a pair of slick upper middle class Omnic rights activists and passivists
>All their abilities are purely support or knockback, as they detest violence

>If they knock someone off the stage, they say something like "Oh No!" or "Good heavens!:

...I thought it was Zarya. The hair, for whatever reason, looked like her's.

He keeps the voice though, and when pressed about it reluctantly admits he's got throat cancer and is undergoing radiation- and chemotherapy, but he wants to contribute to the team anyway, he'll be fine, no really, don't worry about him

Well, Gabriel is black, so that makes sense...
..nay, he's a fucking half-wraith now, why would he give a fuck

*hispanic
but the point remains.

Mei is 180 Pyro from TF.
so 180 Mei is Pyro from TF.

Perhaps anti-Mercy is a good person and medic pretending to be a heartless necromancer

I love those kind of stories.

Swinelane:
Primary Support weapon is the Omnic Shield Projector, carries a modified telescoping cane for knocking away foes, Ult applies stacking degrading shields like Lucio's, only on allies in targeted cone

Recycling Rodent:
Primary support weapon Omnic Nano swarms: Restores 75 health on direct impact, restores 25 in impact zone if it doesn't hit an ally.
Acceleration Pad: Pad lasts four seconds after 1 second deployment animation, applies 33% speed boost for 5 seconds to all allies stepping on it
Nano-swarms: Throwable, remotely triggered nanoswarm, will slow enemies in swarm radius by 33% for five seconds, and will leave the swarm active for three seconds, with the last contact with the swarm starting the cooldown.
Ult: Reconstitution
RR places their Omnian Nano-factory on the ground, and flips a switch. Allies within the area of the nanofield generated cannot die, though can be damaged to 1 remaining health. Enemies caught in the area of the field move slower by 50%.

you might find this funny

Swinelane: "I do say, join me for a cuppa? *sip*"
"Lovely weather! *twirls umbrella, telescopes it upwards*"

Recycling Rodent: "Waste not, want not!"
"The thrift that does not make a man charitable sours into avarice!"

>>Tracer becomes a cynical, low-class chav girl
I need rule 34 of this, for reasons!

>loocifer
>justtoocute
>anonymous
>puppy

>Tfw no voice line for bastion that consists of Ganymede whispering "kill them, kill them all" and other edgy lines into his audio receptors

MY halfling earned the title "Strangling Short-Ass" in half the known world thanks to my trusty enchanted rope.

>death walks among you.jpg

Was he a dragon man?

Sounds like a Jazz musician whose tried of the worlds shit.

There's a chick in my group who is a grandmaster of playing hilariously edgy yet fun characters.

Her magnum opus was a child soldier assassin who kept locks of her favourite kills' hair. She'd been killed and come back as a revenant, and wanted to find her former comrades + sister so she could kill them and be with them forever. She was genuinely hilarious.

Her current character is a sadistic elf sorceress who only travels with the party because she wants the paladin to smite her evil with his immovable rod. We found her about to be sacrificed and assumed she was a damsel in distress. In reality it was her own dark ritual gone wrong, and she'd already killed the not-so-virginal virgin that was supposed to be her original offering.

Ana and Widowmaker are completely different though. Their sole similarity is that they both have rifles as their primary weapon.

Shad already did it.

Kind of ruins the concept for me.

>cockney
>not low class
What?

>playing in one off 3.5 one weekend in between usual vtm game cuz some group members were out of town
>me and bud roll warforged cleric and human paladin, rest of group present rolls other good aligned stuff except that guy
>makes a cn drow something don't remember the class, claims that he could fuck up the entire rest of the party by himself
>everyone just laughs at him and treat his character like a spoiled child despite his best efforts to be edgy and grimderp
>after hours of merciless taunting he finally gives up and starts sulking
>tries to go out in a blaze of glory when we get to the bbeg, who is a drow matriarch
>bbeg dies, that guy's drow is poisoned and dying and takes the opportunity to make some long winded monologue before he dies about how honorable and noble and heroic his sacrifice will be
>he finally finishes talking, awkward moment of silence
>use cleric shenanigans and cure his poisoning, denying him the dramatic death he wanted
>he's so pissed he can t even speak and his face turns as red as
>dm running all this didn't like him much so he plays along with me and rolls on some chart for traumatic near death experiences or something for the drow and his edglord ends up being converted to mine and paladin bro's religion

>Nobody understands what cockney is any more
>Because it was a white sub-culture in London
>And now it's gone
It hurts, Veeky Forums

>cockney
>gone

Are you daft? Do you even live in London?

Cockney is not Hovis.

I'm playing Apocalypse World right now with my friends. I'm the Chopper. In my intro session, I was in the middle of raiding an innocent little settlement. I keep trying to be a tough, no-nonsense leader who cracks skulls to maintain an image of strength, but my friend the MC keeps taking the piss out of my guy in funny ways. Ex:

>An explosion happened nearby and I failed my roll+cool to recover from the blast, so my Chopper ended of crying like a bitch in front of all 30 of his men.
>My second in command is a woman we've named Gnarly, so anytime my PC speaks to her, the MC has her and all nearby NPCs overreact like I jut flirted with her, no matter what I've actually said.
>Misc goofy things keep happening in our campaign, like all sorts of magical realm-tier sexual hijinks by the battlebabe, etc

Pic related, it's my Chopper's avatar image.

Love it

I feel like this bio could go either way. It depends on how well you RP it. Try it, see how it goes. I'd be interested in hearing how it turns out.

I don't know, sounds just like you want to play a serious character and your GM is being a bit of a tool. Apocalypse world is great (I'm a long time fan) but it has a lot of GM fiat so if you GM can't recognise the tone or can't take anything seriously then its easy for them to spoil the game.

Post-apocalypse is already quite gritty though, you'd pretty much have to be raping women whilst decrying the world and proclaiming yourself the Nietzschean ubermensch to actually be edgy.

And you'd describe Tracer as Cockney?

Yeah, I wanted to be a bit serious to begin with, but I actually enjoy trying to be the straight man in a goofy scenario. It's fun. Especially considering everyone else is going for a "lol randumb XD" thing. Our battlebabe is a scrap metal murder hooker who just had a 4-way orgy in a dumpster with a hooker, a mutant with the head of a bulldog, and a horrifyingly offensive Native American stereotype named Fisting Buffalo.

Pic related, it's the Battlebabe

Awakened Sword who dual wielded swords.