How do you feel about Vampires that can reproduce sexually?

How do you feel about Vampires that can reproduce sexually?

Only when they are full on blood. They are normally undead and most of fleshy stuff isn't supposed to work without blood of mortals...

Zendikar vampires are pretty cool.

I''ve always sort of liked the "vampires are just another living race that happens to have human blood as a nutritionalrequirement" thing

Means we're gonna have to smite extra hard.

I do vampires as cursed humans rather than undead, so I suppose they would be able to, but considering the whole "take the appearance of whomever they last consumed" thing, I'm not sure what the genetics situation would be.

We normally see Vampires as the guy in romance things, but what'd it be like for the vampire to be the girl? Other than the obvious "need blood once a month=Vampire period" thing?

Zendikar vampires are on a whole other level of cool. They're one of the major reasons why Zendikar the first time around was so great for me.
The fact that they still got great art in BFZ keeps me from hating the block

Couldn't vampires semen carry the disease? It transmits all sorts of other diseases in normal people so why shouldn't vamps transit vampirism?

There's bloodborne disease that only transmit via blood, others only by saliva. Really it depends on the vampirism. Usually it's supernatural, so blood and ritual being the transmission method is usually the thing because symbolism.

Most bloodborne diseases can travel through semen yeah, so it's possibly that a few shots of sticky vampire love into you COULD cause vampirism. That said, it might be that it has to actually mix with your blood to infect you properly, and since a woman's reproductive system AND entire digestive system are self contained, it might not be able to mix properly.

I don't like it because it further ignores the point that undeath is a curse about the negation of life and its properties.

it can work in settings where vampirism is not just a supernatural curse and more of a racial identity though.

Its okay when paladins do it

Since the only really consensus with vampires in media is that blood is somehow involved, I don't really feel either way about it.
There's too much variance in how vampires work to actually hold an opinion at all that isn't totally moronic.

They're a threat to their own existence. They will all die out eventually because, by the law of bad players, they will always eventually produce one or more half-vampire vampire slayer.

>take the appearance of whomever they last consumed
Isn't that a ghoul thing, not a vampire thing?

It's dumb.

Fuck damn do I love zendikar vampires.
I refuse to use vampire cards with an exception of them.

Wait a minute.
Vampires are undead, so their heart does not function.
This means, obviously, no pulse and no blood pressure.
The human penis gets erect thanks to blood pressure.
So, this means that vampires can't get boners?

Why do you think they keep drinking blood? For fun?

The answer is yes for fun

FUN? Or Fun?

I'm planning on fluffing my Sylvaneth/Emerald Kingdom AoS army with elements of Vampires that switched loyalists to Alarielle during the End Times and got remade.

Basically this. The same about food, alcohol and basically all simple pleasures of life. I could even dig vampires who can't enjoy art, music or movies as much as they did when alive.

It's just a preference though, I can understand why people likes sexualized vampires and they have a place too. Once you go there it's irrelevant if they can reproduce or not to be honest.

>We normally see Vampires as the guy in romance things, but what'd it be like for the vampire to be the girl?

Pretty good.

I am okay with vampires having their cake and eating it too, but only if it comes at a high price or needs lavish maintenace.

Like the creatures in Scooby-Doo in Zombie Island

Going by traditional vampire fiction in order of creation we have:
>Restless spirits
>Fey
>Dracula, who rejected god and became a hybrid of man, beast, and demon
>Movie Dracula, man and beast together
>Movie Nosferatu, a force of nature and an animal shaped like a man
>Dracula's daughter movie, lusty vampires trying to cope with undeath
>Funky Dracula, mad scientist/patron of mad scientists, scrape and lick
>Vampire aliens
>Low class vampires, bikers and vagrants from 70's/80's movies
>Blade comics/Cap and Falcon VS Dracula, vampires become villains of superheroes when gorillas are too boring
>Anne Rice, The Libertine but with vampires
>VtM
>Castlevania, vampires are a saga now
>Blade movies
>Twilight

>>Restless spirits
>>Fey

Where does the bloated corpse with rotten gums fits in?

You also forgot about the not-vampires that behave more like mindless beasts or zombies. But i can understand if those don't fit your description of vampire

Also, flying head with digestive tract trailing behind and straight up buggering demon

So it's like an STD?

... Okay? Who the fuck cares?

I really like how they handle it in the Witcher series. Vampires are a totally different species, basically aliens, so they can only breed with each other and even then it's up for debate if they ever do.

Yes

It's dumb. Vampires are corpses, if you take that away from them they aren't vampires anymore.

This. I am totally ok with vampires breeding but only if it's among themselves and themselves alone. No "Half-vampires" under any circumstances. Even in "normal" vampire stories those are just for people that want vampirism but find the actual thing in its entirety icky. I think it was called Foreign But Not Too Foreign.

I have no time or patience for that kind of bullshit; either go the whole way and make them a separate race that preys on humans or don't.