What's the point in making new races at all when all of the core fantasy races fulfill all of the roles you could ever...

what's the point in making new races at all when all of the core fantasy races fulfill all of the roles you could ever need?

It smells of magical realm fetish shit to me at least.

What are your thoughts?

"roles" of tank, party healer, rogue, etc is canser by desighn. Its ok for dungeon crawler, but not every fucking fantasy rpg must be a dungeon crawl.

Show me a core fantasy race that looks cute and has fluffy ears and tails.

Checkmate.

Fuck off weebfaggot

>It smells of magical realm fetish shit to me at least
is literally in the op you faggot

>I don't care about that thing you enjoy
>Magic realm! Leave my game, revolting perv!

Kobold.
you didn't say PC race
lizardbolds pls go

Human.
Druid.
Shapeshifted.

Maybe I don't *like* some of the standard races.

Because I want a race of bipedal moths as the "wise and mystical" people instead of elves.

Because they're boring and overused.

>catfolk aren't a core fantasy race
youre not one of those faggots who says "fantasy" and means "D&D" are you?

What about splitting races up into different cultural groups user? Do you hate that too?

My thoughts is that you're an idiot barbossa and that Olivenza and Galicia are OURS.

t. Manolo Gonzalez

I don't think any race fills the same gap as pic related

>legs that short
REEEEE

>It smells of magical realm fetish shit to me at least.
Yes, and?

I really don't see a problem with it most of the time.

Unless its a kitsune or neko. That shit is cancer and the players tend to be as well.

>Wah, what's the point in renaming your races if I judge that they're too similar to a generic fantasy race?!
>Wah, what's the point in calling a race a generic fantasy race name if I judge that it's too different from the stereotype I'm used to?!
>Wah, what's the point in making new races at all when all of the generic fantasy races fulfill all of the roles you could need?!
>Wah, what's the point in having any fantasy races at all and not just using a variety of humans instead?!

Pick one and make a thread, get 100+ posts.

I agree OP, there's no need to go beyond default fantasy.

I like Goliaths better than orcs. They can carry more shit push and drag heavier objects and in older editions they can use over sized weapons. It's not magical realm or fetish shit they are just more useful.

Why bother even designing new races at all right?
Just make humans with different bonuses.
That way you can enjoy the combat without all those silly details.
Get rid of this stupid roleplaying thing while you're at it too.

It's fun

>Get rid of this stupid roleplaying thing while you're at it too.

I suppose you're going to try to make me lift rocks IRL to RP Strength tests, right?

>non-human races
Get this magical realm bullshit out of my tabletop