The only reason anyone would pay $14,000 CAD is in hopes of selling their coin for much more...

The only reason anyone would pay $14,000 CAD is in hopes of selling their coin for much more. No one actually wants a Bitcoin that desperately just to shop with or because they think it's useful and valuable. The coin itself is worthless. This bubble will burst, and badly.

Remember, Bitcoins have absolutely no value. Your failure to understand this is the same reason your coin will fail.

First time I agree with a Canadian this month

I don't know how bitcoins work and I don't care either.

All I know is they've made me a millionaire while still in college

When Futures will be out the bankers will short BTC to death

There are not many bitcoins in circulation compared to the worldwide phenomenom it has become. You are really wrong. Its a store of value currently with the lightening network coming soon to allow the scaling of transactions. Its not going anywhere.

go back to /pol/ ignoramus

Normies dont understand that. Ignore then. They just salty that they are not in.

I'm guessing you're just mad you didn't buy in earlier

>Remember, Bitcoins have absolutely no value.
Well, if they would be used as a worldwide currency, with wide adoption (as originally intended), they should be worth much more than only 14,000 frostydollars.
But thanks too that price increase so far, you can't even use it anymore as a currency at those few shops that were accepting it, so yeah, it is stupid speculation.
Which is a shame.
There goes my plan of hodling my cryptos until I can really use them, because if BTC eventually goes *poof* (might happen at 14.5k, maybe it'll go on till 50k, who knows), it will not only hurt a few neckbeards that no one cares about, it will have real life implications that will probably kill the idea behind it for good.
So now I'm just a sucker that hopes to jump out at the top, only that I fucking can't cash out yet.

you can buy lambos and houses n shit with it tho. I saw many houses in US for 10-15 btc. Just google it.

I'm aware of such sales, but what is this, 1 out of 1000000 sellers that accepts BTC? Not really my idea of being able to choose between many offers in order to find something good.

>CAD
No one cares about your maple syrup tokens, fucking leaf. Convert to USD next time.

You forgot one thing noob

The more unconfirmed transactions, the more valuable BTC becomes. More unconfirmed transactions means BTC is heavy just like gold

A time ago people would only trade salt and herbs and be laughed at for trying to trade notes instead.

Adaption takes time.

schiff pls go

True.
But as of now you either have the option to pay in salt and get your goods immidiately, for the price asked, or, you pay in notes (if you can find someone who accepts them), you wait forever, pay some additional notes and at the end you might have payed twice the money compared to what's been asked.
It's not really compareable.

S T O R E O F V A L U E
T
O
R
E

O
F

V
A
L
U
E

just like gold

I'll give you $14k Canadian right now seeing as it's going for $18750.

>Bitcoins have absolutely no value

Their value is what the last person paid for them, which last I checked was about $15k USD a pop.

But a store of value implies that I have control over it and that it survives external acts or changes.
Sure, I can hide my paper wallet in a hole in my garden, just as I can with gold, and if I bought in cash, there will be no paper trail so the government outlawing BTC/gold, I can safely ignore.
But what about war?
Isn't that what all you "store of value fags" dream about?
And we don't even need a huge EMP that wrecks any and all electronics, you just need an enemy that attacks your electricity and telco system (yeah, that has never been done in any war so far, but maybe some random brute could get the funny idea to bomb a power station) and suddenly, your value can't do shit anymore.
And who controls your BTC?
Golds price is supply & demand and exchange is decentralized, but good luck doing anything with BTC if the few chinese individiuals who control all of it loose interest in their toys…

>with the lightening network coming soon
LITERALLY will never happen, like always.

>muh celebrity endorsement soon!
>muh partnership with big company soon!
>muh technological revolution soon!

WILL. NEVER. HAPPEN.

Check again

bitcoin != gold

but you will understand once it's worthless and you recognize that nobody actually think it's valuable but only rides the wave

check again

Their value is what the next person is willing to pay for it

Bitter and jealous you did not buy in more like and holding bags of shitcoins.

You're not a millionaire until you cash out.

Reminded that gold is 99% useless

>not holding until its over $1,000,000 and its a widely accepted currency

>your coin will fail.
>what is a traded asset