What if all human children born in the Imperium started to gain ogryn-levels of physical strength as they grew up...

What if all human children born in the Imperium started to gain ogryn-levels of physical strength as they grew up, but without any of the associated mental issues? What would the galaxy look like in 20-30 years after this occurred?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/n0wqhdZn4v0
1d4chan.org/wiki/Gav_and_Bob
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPED

Assuming you can still make marines of them you would have so.e seriously strong marines.

You'd be able to make space marines that can finally wipe chaos the fuck out. Or alternatively, empower chaos so much with their new ULTRAMEGASUPERCHAOS SPACEHHHHH MAHRIEEENS that shit would get Voiddark.

>making a space marine out of an ogryn

LET ME TELL YOU A TALE OF HUGE

HUGE MARINES

THE OGRYN SPACE MARINE CHAPTER

THEY HAVE ONE STRATEGY:

HUGE

>battle barges are now considered single-seater fighters

>Steel rain is known to cause planet-exterminatus events

"One day I be as tall as the Emperor!"

"Chapter Master says to eat all my vegetables so I can grow big and strong!"

"One day I become so huge, I crush all the xenos! Then everyone will be happy!"

I like this idea. Unusually genetically clean Ogryn are found, are used to create a space marine chapter of like 9-10 feet taller marines [instead of the usual 7-8]. They're dumb as a sack of bricks, obsessed with size and stature, and their method of combat relies on being carefully herded into battle by leaders with way too much patience.

I want this.

>"One day I be as tall as the Emperor!"
They believe in an unusual sect of the imperial cult that states that the God Emperor was the largest human alive.

While possibly technically correct (not counting for abhumans and gene-modified humans), the Huge Marines' sense of scale is wildly different from reality, and they believe that he was roughly the size of a battle barge or a small asteroid.

For fear of causing dangerous disillusionment, they are never allowed to visit the imperial throne on Terra.

>Chapter Master says to eat all my vegetables

>entire moon is terraformed and harvested for a single outfit's breakfast paninis

"YEW MEAN DA OOMIES GOT NOBZ NOW?!"

Imagine the gyms

imagine the workout sessions

>"m'lord, 8th company is requesting the return of it's Basilisks...preferably with the barrels in their original non-attached condition?"

>"HOKAY JUS' LEMMIE FINISH THIS SET BRAH."

"Chaoslets. When will they learn?"

Can you imagine how resistant to Chaos they would be?

>"Follow Nurgle"

"Dude, and mess up my gains?"

>"Follow Slaanesh"

"No way brah, I'm not gay. Though have you seen the Custodes lately? Aesthetic as fuck brah"

>"Follow Khorn"

"Have you tried meditation bro? Psychic fitness man. Stress hurts your gains"

>"Follow Tzeetch. Please, what could possibly be wrong with following Tzeetch."

>"Meme diets"
>"Changing your routine mid-bulk"

PUNY HERETIC, I CANNOT BEAR YOUR WORDS.... THEY ARE TOO TINY!

>"hehehe... lean closer, friend astartes, so that I may whisper to you the good words of the dead gods of chao-"

"WHA?"

>"I said the dread gods of-

"WHA?"

>"T-the dread gods of chao-"

"YOU GOTTA SPEAK UP BRA I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER HOW RIPPED I AM."

> implying Ogryn can understand the big words, either

Did you not read OPs post?

NO! BIG WORDS ARE WORDS THAT ARE BIG, NOT JUST WORDS THAT ARE LONG! YOU MUST ALWAYS YELL SO THAT YOUR WORDS ARE AS BIG AS POSSIBLE!

It would be exactly as fucking retarded as your picture, OP

Get a fucking hold of yourself man.

Fuck yes, we need a name for our glorious new ogryn chapter.

Their battlecry is
> "NO IT GOES LIKE THIS YOU BUFFOONS"

They are herded into battle by servitors that hold fishing poles with tasty treats or any reasonable bait infront of ogryn-marine's helmets. When they are close to an enemy trench/stronghold/bunker servitors toss yummy snack or plushy toy into it and book it.
Sometimes they start in-fighting after they can't decide if "EM-PRAH" was as big as a battlebarge or a hive city. Smartest ones argue on how big holy Terra has to be a home planet for "EM-PRAH", but they all agree that it is pretty fucking "`UGE".

All this.
Plus, all orks unanimously vote humies as the best krumping material evar.

Some Chapter Masters and Warbosses will decide matters via lifting competitions.

>Insulting Gav and Harry
Nigga, do you even know the sad ass story behind that?

Not the original user but please tell

Their Chapter master is "Bulk" Squaticus Thrusticus.

Kudos to those who get the reference

THE REFERENCE IS HUGE.

youtu.be/n0wqhdZn4v0

They run out of food.

>Agri-sector Pacificus got nommed by the nids

>what would the galaxy look like

Ugly as fuck

1d4chan.org/wiki/Gav_and_Bob

>HUGE MARINES nom the 'nids

Bump

The new marines would probably just start Juggling Baneblades. I'm pretty sure Abbadon would probably give up after shit like that.

>THEY HAVE ONE STRATEGY:
>HUGE

I like them already

>Their bolters are the size of Heavy Bolters. Their Heavy Bolters are the size of a tank.
>That's no moon, that's a battlebarge
>Dreadnaughts the size of Imperial Knights.
>Terminators the size of regular Dreadnaughts.
>Their Thunderhawks are the size of regular Battlebarges.
>Their standard CQC weapon is the size of a Storm Warderns' power claymore.

Caiber tossing Roks

Deadlifting two Land Raiders

Jumping contest, where the winner is decided based on how high a boulder placed on the exact opposite side of the planet travels when the jumper lands

>push ups

Planet-downs

Ogryn are already ten feet tall, user. That's what "3 metres" means.

If you want Marines around that height there are already Black Dragons that tall, and the Sons of Antaeus too.

You know, I'm pretty sure that actual giants exist in 40k. They were called Big Mutants or some shit. I think they were in LatD?

The desert world of Garaxia IV... formerly the breadbasket world of Garaxia IV... lais claim to the title of "first official HUGE MARINE eating contest". The inquisition only stepped in after they started trying to eat the mountains... sorry, AFTER they ate the mountains.

They took none of the planet with them, tho. You know why nobody drinks from the Porcelain Lake?

>YOU MUST ALWAYS YELL SO THAT YOUR WORDS ARE AS BIG AS POSSIBLE!

This is glorious.

>Eldar get word of them
>Hear they're made of Ogryns
>They try to take advantage of potato-tier brain meats
>They're actually as smart as regular humans
>The HUEG marines show their HUEG-ness
>by having their chapter master wrasseling a Blood-thirster in submission
>Eldar's faces when they realize that HUEG marines HUEG-ness and muscles render them immune to Eldar dickery
>Eldar's faces when every male member of their party developed a inferiority complex
>And the femals got the Eldar version of a fear boner

Did you just cuck the entire eldar race?

You fucking did, you cucked the eldar.

Oi koinda loik dese humies. Maybe dey can join da waaaagh.

And blue-balled the wierd ones

Eh, Slaanesh already kinda did.

What about ogryn-based sisters of battle?

DELET THIS

It is considered a punishment in the Imperium for insubordinate commissars to be attached to the Huge Chalice Sisters chapter, due to their tendency to crush their morale officers to death during... private meetings.

Strangely, since this rule was implemented, there seems to be a record number of officer-level rule infractions.

>Legends tell of one HUEG marine trapped on a planet lost to the Orkz
>40 years later the same WAAAGH!!! is seen battling a Tyrinid Hive Fleet in another sector
>Being led by a HUEG marine
>Who took over by beating the Warboss to death in full view of the entire WAAAGH!!! before using the Warboss's corpse to beat another tenth of the WAAAGH!!! to death
>Remaining Orkz unanimously decided he was the new Warboss
>They paint themselves white and green to get stronger
>Same Eldar's faces when things continue to get worse for them because of superior human HUEG-ness and MUSCLES

>The Emperor's face at the same time

>Imagine the gyms
>imagine the workout sessions

>Lord "Hulk" Hogan

>Captain "Barge" Gaston

>Chaplain "Terminator" Schwarzenegger, with his custom Terminator armor upscaled and built using components from battlecruisers

they make themselves

Jesus christ, you're right. We just need 80's action hero muscle men and we have all the important people for the chapter

Concerned with the marine's affiliation with Xenos, an Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos sent a communique to the Waagh, stating "Give it up, Maximus Gains, we know it's you."

To which the warboss replied, "Nah bruh, it ain't me"

>They are so huge they usually can't fit into standard space marine equipment. Most of them have taken to wearing Space Marine helmets as a fez, on the top of their head, and have the rest of the pieces simply strapped on ad-hoc to their giant frames.

>that one time a bunch of Kroot raiders made off with a shipment of protein powder intended for the HUGE MARINES

>they attempted to eat it to get huge, but failed to realize that in order to GET BIG you must also LIFT BIG

>HUGE MARINES ate Kroot with extra protein that day and took massive protein shits from orbit over the nearest Tau world.

>The world was rendered uninhabitable for 3 centuries

Huge Marine Creed/Food Rationing Policy:
"When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs
Ev'ry morning to help me get large
And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs
So I'm roughly the size of a barge!"

Lemme guess the Empire gonna flex the enemy to death

>Look at my awesome gains xeno scum

Fear is the most potent weapon of all.

First the enemy is defeated in spirit, then they are defeated in the flesh.

Abbadon commits suicide for he will never be able to flex as the loyalists do

A nice base for a Grotesque.

aah, takes me back to days of Scraplootas and Angry Marines...

Been waiting for so fucking long to be able to save that image.

"THAT SENTENCE HAD TOO MANY SYLLABLES, APOLOGISE!"

Hangry Ogryns? Time to evacuate, women and commisars first!

Hang on, same user here, I think it may be more accurate to say they got a "why boner" with a healthy dose of fear and disgust at themselves

>WAAAGH!!! not capitalized and followed by at least 3 exclamation points.
0/10 see me after class

Please tell me this thread is being archived/ backed up somewhere, cos it should be

No they're Ogryns that are as smart as regular humans, as stated by the OP, but we just made them SWOLE and HUEG, with possibly a dash of XBOX added to the HUEG for good measure.

> Gav couldn't eat another potato skin. It didn't taste good anymore.

Oh fuck you Veeky Forums. Why do you have to make it rain all the time?

Ah, gotcha

How exactly physical strengh is relevant in a world of bolters, plasma and laser guns ?

More strength = Able to carry bigger guns and more ammo

Have you heard of servo-arms ?

because it's also an age of chainswords , power fists/swords/mauls and and lightning claws

When you can dual - wield plasma cannons or use a tactical marine as a trench-club? Very relevant I'd say

>Having wimpy robot arms instead of swole tree-trunk arms
>Using precious machine resources to compensate for your physical weakness instead of striving to perfect yourself in mind and body
I seriously hope you heretics don't do this

Have you ever actually heard of Warhammer 40,000? Pretty popular, has space marines and orks?

That's stupid. The High Lords of Terra should mix rabbit DNA with humans so they get the same reproducing speed than Tyranids

>The High Lords of Terra should mix rabbit DNA with humans
Perfidious mutant detected. The human DNA is sacred and perfect as it is already.

But the Emperor altered it to make space marines. Regular humans don't exactly have two hearts.

If human DNA is sacred then just add a new organ for space marines, a special gland making their sperm ultra fertile, like giving quintuplets to every woman they just even shake hands with.

They would become THE SEX MARINES !

You seem to have a whole lot of ideas on what humans should and shouldn't be...

Curiously, they also become rather good musically.

As if there was some connection between musical warriors and.. nah.

What did you say ? I can't hear over the sound of being so fertile.

But seriously, Slaanesh is about sex. Procreation isn't exactly his thing.

Imperial population runs into the double digit quadrillion. People is the one thing the Imperium is not short of.

These marines. These 9 - 10 foot tank men. The recruitment population could be the result of an inquisition funded human/ogryn hybrid program. Their aim? The mass production of a new warrior caste of humans to supplement the Space Marines. They breed as fast as humans and the men, once matured, are about half way between human and astartes in ability to wreck all of the things.

The aim was to also eradicate the mental retardation of abhuman but keep the iron clad faith and sense of duty. It's nearly worked.

The one responsible for this project is Inquisitor Traela. She originally proposed it in the memory of her former employee, St Gav.

The Emperor's Giants (unless you can think of a better name) consider St Gav their spiritual liege. Many on the home world can, with some legitimacy, claim to be descended from The Saint.

>double digit quadrillion
But Orks are supposed to be 10x this and Nids are 1000x this.

Also who knows how many demons.

It was a bard joke, not a noise marine joke.
In hindsight i should have thought it through.

This. This is how it happened. I will accept no other origin story.

Do I smell heresy?

Waaagh! has one exclamation point.

GW actually spoke on this. Though the exclamation point is mandatory, i.e. Waaagh! Ghazghkull.

10 or a hundred humans is irrelevant against orks or 'nids if you can't arm them. Counterproductive in fact because food.

Extremely counter productive against chaos if you can educate and train them because it's just more followers/food/entertainment.

I'd like to clarify that the men are somewhere between human and astartes whilst still un-augmented.

Their women are the size of Catachan men.

Their men are the size of regular Space Marines.

Their Space Marines are the size of nightmares.

The training cadre of marines that were selected to train these strange marines in the actual art of being marines were chosen for their tolerance of oddity, their good nature (comparatively speaking), their likelihood of keeping an oath of silence on the matter when they went back home and most importantly the ones that owed Inquisitor Traela a favor personally rather than owing her order as a whole.

This cadre consisted of 3 Salamanders, 5 Space wolves and a Blood Drinker. The chapter faith, and by extension the state religion of the planet, is quite similar to the Imperial Creed but with Promethean influences. The lack of any sort of hierarchy being one such influence.

Another influence is that they mostly make their own armour. Most are clad in heavy carapace simply because Power Armour in that size is a custom job and holy fuck do the Tech-Priests charge steep for custom jobs like that. The Carapace is not powered. People often have difficulty believing this.

The mechanicus claim that you can't manipulate adamantium once it goes solid. It can be white hot but until it melts it requires industrial machinery to be worked with. The Giants disagree. In the immortal words of one of their founding Forge Lord "You just need a bigger enough hammer". In this way the Giants make their armour in the Thunder Forge where big hammer noise competes with the storm.

>Whereas other space marine chapters are tempted by Chaos, the Huge Marines have lost a single member to the corruption of the dark gods.
>However, they are not free from outside influence, as they are the only space marine chapter to suffer the temptation to join an orkish WAAAGH!