I just started painting miniatures because I wanted to make this campaign of pathfinder different...

I just started painting miniatures because I wanted to make this campaign of pathfinder different, anyone know of any cheap bundles with varied miniatures? I'd be most interested in sci-fi, but wouldn't really mind if they were something else. Pic related, its my first mini.

I started making my own sprite art for a campaign run in Maptool. Customization like this is fun.

Yea, its cool to make the bases and actually see your character

Bump because I'm also curious about this, but for fantasy

Just go to reaperminis and just buy their BONES line. It's dirt cheap and the line is big enough.

reaper miniatures look kind of shitty imo, is there somewhere else that has slightly nicer looking ones?

where is that mini from?

Reaper savage worlds, the specific mini is old pete. It's serving as my ironborn inquisitor atm.

ah, thanks. Looks good.

Nice paintjob

Unfortunately that's just the stock photo, but thanks m8

>any cheap bundles with varied miniatures?

Thats usually not what people interested in miniatures want user.

Check out Hasslefree and brother vinny, they have some nice sci-fi minis. Reaper was already mentioned, their range is huge and their bones minis (soft plastic) is dirt cheap.

artizan has some nice minis as well.

Reaper had a learn to paint kit that had three pretty different minis to try it out on, I'm not talking too varied in theme, just some variation instead of painting just humanoids.

>non humanoid
Well, you are pretty much out of luck.
Unless you mean things like monsters, then look again at Reaper. The bones material photographs poorly.

Alternatively, you could tell us specifically what you want to paint.
And why you think using Pathfinder for sci-fi is a good idea.

>And why you think using Pathfinder for sci-fi is a good idea.
Subtext: Bruh, what the fuck you doing?

If it's just a matter of system familiarity, there are a load of systems that are dead easy to learn.
Use them.

I want to paint a bundle that includes monsters or beasts and a humanoid race to practice painting different types of things. And our campaign isn't typical sci-fi, its basically post-war new vegas with early firearms. We play Pathfinder cause its the only system we know and we're still too fucking new to know another one.

There is a starter kit from army painter with some mantic miniatures as well, but those are fantasy

>I want to paint a bundle that includes monsters or beasts and a humanoid race to practice painting different types of things.

You might be best of with buying a starter set for one of the various tabletop armies out there.
I have never seen a bundle of just random minis besides the reaper bones kickstarters. Speaking about that, check ebay for that. "Reaper Bones Kickstarter" gives me (in germany) some results, its probably even better in the US.

So you're just using these minis to practice painting?

Once again, Reaper Bones is about the cheapest and includes various monsters to boot. You might also try your LGS which is likely to have some clix/D&D/whatever jank miniatures second hand that you should be able to buy for cheaps. They'll generally be pre-painted in factory since that's how they're sold, but you are safe to ignore that; just reprime and you're good to go. All of these options are pretty shit for mini quality, but you get what you paid for, and if it's for practice it's pretty irrelevant anyway.

If you were actually serious about using proper minis instead of whatever flavor of cheap proxying, there is a veritable cornucopia of options for you to explore, not just in the range of minis but what you can do with them.

Check out Dark Age miniatures, Wreck Age miniatures, Eden by Taban Miniatures and Ramshackle Games.
There are tons of sources for post apocalypse minis, these are just a few.

Thanks guys, while I'm here any suggestions for a system that would work well for a cyberpunk setting? And maybe one for a kick-assesque heroes setting? I want to dm our next campaign and am thinking of those two as settings. My group is all pretty new to tabletop rpg, so the easiest to understand system would probably be the best for right now.

That sounds reasonable, I'll try it out when I'm off work

>Cyberpunk

Infinity by Corvus Belli is both a great game, and generally has the best cyberpunk miniatures in large production I am aware of. It is useful to note that aesthetically they are more or less postcyberpunk, inspired by things like Ghost in the Shell. In a word, they are more "slick" than the traditional cyberpunk aesthetic, which is more heavily into what is basically tech-meets-hobos. (Necromunda with more random body modification, and more leather/trenchcoats/shades is a reasonable approximation.)

Reaper has basically any possible genre covered, so you'll find stuff there.

I don't deal much with superhero stuff, but by "kick-assesque" I assume you mean unpowered superheroes, which I have not seen a lot of since generally superhero minis are either DC, Marvel, or heavily influenced by such.

Googling "cyberpunk miniatures" and "superhero miniatures" will get you most of the relevant ranges anyone will suggest here in the first few pages of search results anyway. For the most part you're looking at smaller studios who, like reaper, have effectively 1980/1990s Games Workshop level sculpting quality but rock bottom prices to match.

Wow I completely misread that. I thought you were still talking about minis but you're looking for RPG systems.

Cyberpunk 2020 is my personal go to. I've taken a look at the Infinity RPG beta by Modiphius and it's decent, though the setting has the aesthetic limitations I described above.

Eclipse Phase is a Veeky Forums favorite for cyberpunk horror. The setting and set-up is very much a Lovecraft-without-Cthulhu type of universe.

Inveitably someone will come here recommending either Traveler, GURPS, or both.

>Kick-assesque
>Dumb people in costumes doing extremely stupid shit

No idea. FATE?

Sounds awesome, and yea I mean generally unpowered heroes or even just vigilantes with kit belts or something. Thanks for the reccomendations.

blacktreedesign.com