Autism Free 40k lore discussion

Lets make lore thread, but free of autism

Void whales, anyone know any lore of about them?

There's some old stuff about one eating an entire Ork Waaagh! and they get the occasional mention as so existing, but that's about it. I'm sure there's plenty of other colossal monstrosities out there too. It's really easy to hide in space.

I know the Space Wolves took down a Chaos corrupted one.

How tall is an imperial knight, lore wise?

Define autism first because that word just means "thing I don't like" on 4chins.

So its pretty vague.

OP here

Means keeping cancerous memes to a minimum,
No overly dramatic exaggeration(so nothing like the shit you read on tv tropes)

Overall, just speak like a normal person

around 12-15m (with the missile pod) I believe. Like about three Dreds on top of each other.
>Astartes = 2,4m
>Terminator = 3m
>Dread = 4,5m
>Knight = 12-15m
>Warhound = 30m

OP here once more, forgot to add one little detail

an example of what I mean(note this is an actual answer I recieved)

I ask: How many guardsmen often die in a pitched battle
autism: "Its a grimdarkworld, where the chaos gods laugh and drink the blood of their enemies from the skull laden chalices, where guardsmen die in the billions a minute in a single battle to the laughter and pleasure of the dark gods of the warp, where all efforts for salvation are hopeless
its warhammer 40k muahahahah"

Pretty much, the point of this thread is to get concise answers to your questions

Depends on a lot of factors. If we're talking about Reasonable 40k, it's not impossible that Guard casualties could be fairly light fighting something like cultists or renegades, or even Orks if the regiment is fairly veteran.

The "fuck you" death rates come from shit like Typhus, Herald of Nurgle showing up and just wasting a cool few million dudes totally passively with disease and warp fuckery. Orbital bombardment probably fucks up infantry pretty bad to boot, especially in massed formations or static defenses like the Guard are so fond of.

Prolonged action, like the Cadian Gate defenses or of course, pretty much any fight involving blessed Krieg's finest, will of course increase the casualty rates substantially. It's important to remember that in terms of expendable resources, a human being is waaaaaaay less valuable than even the cost of his or her equipment to the Imperium of Man. Even slightly upper crust soldiers like Skitarii or Stormtroopers probably have vastly lower death rates than the Guard do. Even more so for Conscripts or Penal Legions.

So the overall answer is "It's complicated." If you're Joe Schmoe fighting in a regiment that issues carapace armor to you, against say, a half-assed chaos cult, you're pretty safe. If you're Joe Schmoe, proud member of the Death Korps, fighting Necrons, Chaos Marines, or Tyranids, well... there's a reason all your stuff has been issued to six people before you.

Interestling,the term "heavy casulaties" seem to differ between different lore, for instance in the Imperial Armour 8, 2000+ dead for the Elysian Drop Troops was considered heavy, but considering it was against Orks, I thought that was pretty light

But that was also FW, and FW seems to realize that they are not rewriting the Simillarion

2,000 guys probably IS heavy casualties for Elysians or other regiments where each trooper is an investment beyond Soviet-tier rifle and potato for each man.

2,000 is a drop in the bucket to a guy who runs a million conscripts a day under the guns of an Iron Warriors strongpoint until their bodies can be used as a siege tower for the troops that matter, but if the troops that matter take 2,000 casualties, that's significant.

This thread is good everyone in it should feel good

I would like to know what the wide imperium knows and thinks about the original imperial truth\dogma (no gods, religion is nono) kept alive in the 40th millennium only by some SM chapters.

>80s grimdark lore
>only with
>no autism
>no cancer
>no memes
>on Veeky Forums

No, OP - you are the autist.

If it's phrased like "The Emperor is not a god" out in the open, it's probably seen as heresy of the highest order. The trick, I think, is not to deny the Emperor as divine straight up, but emphasize his connection to base humanity, and some of his very human traits.

I could see it happening on worlds maybe out of direct line of sight to the Ecclesiarchy, probably the more miserable ones who need a bit of "low religion" to keep the faith. The Emperor was human- we are human. The Emperor exemplified what humanity can do and become if we keep striving and keep order on our world. The Emperor cared for his sons and his people more than anything, and we need to be just as strong to hang together when things get hard.

If you combine it with a more utilitarian or destitute planet that simply can't afford the time or cost of ceremony, you might end up with something fairly close to the Imperial Truth, albeit not directly. The Emperor becomes a paternal figure rather than a god, an idealized version of man who shows the potential the Imperium could rise to if the individual moving parts all pull together- there is nothing that cannot be done if we reach for the hand the Emperor holds out to us.

But I wouldn't say any of that too loudly on a world dominated by the Ecclesiarchy. Being burnt at the stake, not even once.

>"Its a grimdarkworld, where the chaos gods laugh and drink the blood of their enemies from the skull laden chalices, where guardsmen die in the billions a minute in a single battle to the laughter and pleasure of the dark gods of the warp, where all efforts for salvation are hopeless
its warhammer 40k muahahahah"
...that's how it works though.

>Not even once
If you survive the first time, I think they'll use melta weapons on you.

Ty for reply, but how does that relate to Sm chapters, are there any that openly profess such views? I am quite sure there are some that openly refuse emps's divinity. (but than again I might be wrong, I'm still more or less a 40k newfag)

>Autism Free
>40k

Okay there, guy.

"Modern" Space Marines are indoctrinated with all kinds of propaganda to avoid another Horus Heresy situation. Among other things, this imbues them with an undying loyalty and reverence towards the Emperor.

Granted, the Chapters are in a large part fairly autonomous, so you could have a Chapter whose traditions focus less heavily on the Emperor's divinity. The Imperial Truth itself is heretical by M41, actively preaching or expressing it would lead to bad shit from the Ecclesiarchy, especially if it was an entire Space Marine chapter coming out with the idea that the Emperor was just some random human dude instead of a divine savior.

Put simply, I don't know of any who espouse anything approaching the Imperial Truth in 40k, at least among those that aren't renegade chapters. Might be an interesting backstory for Renegades, having found some fragment of the Truth and accepted it, but being declared traitors to the Imperium at large for their 'heresy'.

well, nobody gives a shit about 80s shit anyways

but on topic

But my question is:
Are there any PMCs similar to something like the Diamond Dogs from MGSV? I was thinking of doing a PMC company, which happened to be owned by an Inquisitior that he uses to both make him money by doing mercenary work in conflict zones(though what zone isn't one in IOM) as well as to send on his special missions

Only one I can think of was in eisenhorn. The vessorine janissaries.

I think what you're describing exactly is a Rouge Trader.

However, I think the scale of 40k is such that the two purposes of this inquisitor's group would be separated into two entirely different entities. And I think it's entirely uncharacteristic for the type of job an inquisitor has: they can basically requisition or appropriate whatever they need without concern for payment.

"Modern" Marines are athiests. It's canon. Look it up.

Even the Black Templars, once.

There's mercenaries in the 3.5e Guard codex.

So yes.

>Look it up.

Where exactly would i go looking? Genuinely interested in this.

It's present all over fluff. I know Helsreach mentions it.

>autism
>severe need for concise data and specific answers

Clearly, you need to get out of this thread.

and skiitari codex told us they lost millions on one planet trying to retrieve one STC
numbers in 40k are all over the place

To be fair an STC could be huge for a forge world, they're all in competition with each other and even one massive discovery could have them become one of the top dogs.

Just how tall are the Eldar anyway? Are they Marine height or slightly taller than humans? For that matter, roughly on average, how tall is everything? It's so over the place that I can't get a solid idea of it, or maybe I'm dumb.

Horus heresy book 4ish

Beast Arises mentions it.

The grey knights book Emperors gift mentions it as does Helsreach.

Taller on average than a human.

However, the Space Marine Chapters do not adhere to the teachings of the Ecclesiarchy. Their beliefs vary wildly from Chapter to Chapter, worshipping the Emperor and their Primarchs to differing degrees. In many ways they are heretics with their own traditions, ceremonies and beliefs, some of which are very barbaric compared to the well ordered masses of the Ecclesiarchy.

The Space Marines worship the Emperor as a great, gifted man, but they do not consider him a god in the same sense as that preached by the Ecclesiarchy. His blood runs through their veins and he is considered the ultimate example of Mankind, but he is a man nonetheless. Also, it is a matter of debate whether the Space Marines are truly human at all. Their genetically engineered bodies are far superior to a normal human, enough to make them a separate race if one wished to interpret their differences so. How can any self-respecting Confessor or Cwrdinal relate to a monstrous giant who can spit acid, crush a man's skull with one hand and practises crude acts of blood sacrifice?

An uneasy compromise has been reached over the millennia, which can be summed up as an agreement to differ. The Ecclesiarchy does not send its Confessors and Missionaries to the Space Marine worlds and the Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes do not interfere with the Adeptus Ministorum. Space Marine Chaplains are given their precious Rosarius by the Ecclesiarchy as a symbolic link between the two organisations, but the Chaplains still preach their own version of the Imperial Creed to their brethren.

This uneasy truce has been shattered at times when a particularly zealous Cardinal or Confessor has roused the ire of the Space Marine Chapters with his words or deeds. These feuds are usually resolved very quickly, though not allways without bloodshed, and the relative peace between the two organisations returns."
- 2nd Edition Codex Sisters of Battle, p. 50

Jesus I can only imagine how fucky taking down one must be sans all the chaos bullshit

>compared to the well ordered masses of the Ecclesiarchy.

There is no such thing. What the Ecclesiarchy teach radically changes from area to area. Some planets believe the Emperor is some kind of sun god while others might believe the golden throne is located in some kind of heaven.

According to the current rulebook and the 5th edition imperial guard codex the Ecclesiarchy don't care how you worship the Emperor as long as you submit to their authority they are happy.

The current rulebook highly imply the Ecclesiarchy is corrupted to the core. Stating things like every holy site really has importance to them for economic reasons.

The Imperial Truth is objectively wrong though. As bad as the Ecclesiarchy is, they are right about the Emperor being a God-Saviour of Humanity and holding, real working Religion above all.
When you can banish Daemons with your Faith being a Fedora is all kinds of retarded.

>When you can banish Daemons with your Faith being a Fedora is all kinds of retarded.
But how many hundreds of worlds-worth of people have never witnessed this, nor seen any evidence of it? It's one thing as the reader to know what the truth of the universe is, it's another thing entirely to actually be a person in that universe, with only your own perspective.

How do you reconcile the sheer scale of the Warhammer 40k galaxy and the tiny amounts of space marines that are suppose to be able to reverse the entire course of wars?

1000 individuals are suppose to be able to capture and disable an average human planet not too headily defended? 100 marines able to stop what had killed hundreds of thousands of guardsmen? How high is the technology disparity?

And sometimes there are stories of chapters losing a hundred or two of marines, that would severly cripple such an organization! Even 1 dead space marine is a huge crippling factor,

Hive Fleets can't even eat them all in one go. The Wolves decided to just use melta bombs on the beast's heart.

Simple. No one cares about population center number 2 through 500. Sure they may make up the bulk of the people on the planet, but they're not where the only fully functioning starport is, or they're not where the majority of the planet gets its energy from, or where the military command is stationed. It's those that the marines care about. All that matters are the strategic pivots that push the advantage in favor of the Imperium. After that, it's the guardsmen's war.

As for examples of where marines take planets entirely on their own? Most of those worlds are highly centralized, usually with only one population center because the rest of the planet is toxic or otherwise hazardous to human life.

The way I see it, the power of the Space Marines is not that they are superlative line troopers- although they are that- but superlative commandos. Most of humanity's common enemies are reliant on a small handful of leadership figures. Chaos Warbands have their Champions, Orks have their Warbosses, Tyranids have synapse creatures, Eldar their Farseers. Take those out, and the ability of the enemy to resist is dramatically reduced. And Space Marines, with all of their wargear and augmentations, are superlative at that kind of decapitation. A hundred marines won't kill every member of a million-strong enemy army on their own, but with all the leadership dead, ammo dumps and fuel silos bombed, holes punched in the most vital parts of the line from behind- meat for the Guard.

Well, the stuff we read might be (in universe) infested with all sorts of propaganda. Just sayin, who knows if what we are reading is the objective truth.

You sound pretty autistic

They do seem very competent on either role, depending on the chapter.

I figured that none of them really adhere to the "1000 marines per chapter limit" and tend to be up in the realm of 4/5 thousand.

Presumably the subsist on Void Krakens. Those show up in Rogue Trader as Chaos-worshipping ship eaters.

So, that's really not how the mandate is written.

It's stated as, "A chapter shall contain 10 companies, of which each company will contain 10 squads, of which each squad will contain 10 marines." But it was always understood that that was just the core fighting force and things like support and command staff are accounted for elsewhere. Not pilots though. The 7th ed codex added a clarification that 7th company handles piloting of all gunships and that treaded or wheeled vehicles, like predators and rhinos, are driven by the squad that requisitions them.

that part of the lore is absolutely retarded and I refuse to acknowledge it as cannon.

Or, marines just aren't in as many battles as it appears.

or just acknowledge that its stupid and stop trying to make excuses

>autism free
>40k

Pick one

Who drives deathwing vehicles when they go on dodgy, fallen related business? 1st company guys in power armour? Green marines with their eyes covered? Techmarines that go missing afterwards?

You done fucked up those heights. Well, only the Warhound, really. A Questoris Knight chassis (the regular plastic knight kit) is approx 9-11m without the missile pod. A Warhound is 15m or so, with the Warlord being around 30-35m tall.

Eh believe whatever you want to believe at least I try to get straight to the point without the need to ripoff the similarion

No thanks. A major part of 40k lore for me is discussing theories of how to fit the pieces together in meaningful ways. And when a new piece of lore comes out, I make adjusts to fit it in as best as possible. It sure beats bitching about every new piece of lore.

your a little punk, aren't you?

If GW released a statement saying all space marines were crosseyed and had one testicle, would you still acknowledge it as cannon?

So, what are exactly the Machine Spirits?

I've always just figured it's semi-sentience and human brains wired to things or a bit of both

No one has made an official statement and there are lots of possiblities. Everything from very small AIs, actual spirits, to actually being non-existent and it just being a metaphor has been proposed in canon works but it's always left kinda open ended.

Reductio ad absurdum

You can pretty much say "all of the above". It's a catch-all for the peculiarities exhibited by sufficiently complex machines, expert systems present in advanced technology, the latent personality of the wetware bits driving it, proto- and pseudo-AI (possibly full-blown and quietly loyal), warp echoes that cling to items that have seen centuries of specific use, AND total superstition that keeps the masses from tinkering under the hood. Each applies within its specific frame of context.

Theres a cool short story about an orbital fortress manned by Space Marines (I think Imperial Fists) and it shows a techmarine talking with a Machine Spirit. Seemed to portray the whole thing as remnant AI that don't know how to self develop. And these AI's are present in everything mechanical made from STC templates from a lasgun to a Land Raider.

Either a legitimate warp-presence (i.e. soul) produced from generations of humans thinking they're alive, or fragments of ancient DAoT Super AIs (the Gold Men) that were shattered into billions of fragments.

Thanks for your responses kind Anons.

I always figured that the big machines (at least on the "massive orbital battle station" scale) would be almost human in their level of intellect, just because of all the components that are used to make them function.

I never really understood the machine spirit concept. I think it's neat, don't get me wrong.
But AI is basically chaos worship to the AdMech, yet they base their entire organization on pleasing unruly spirits that may or may not decide to start fucking with their shit mid-battle.
Isn't it a tiny bit contradictory or am I simply looking at this wrongly?

An AI is a soulless intelligence that corrupts and destroys. Note that pretty much any full AI that is described or found is either insane, acting on orders that have been irrelevant for millennia, or outright chaos-possessed.

A machine spirit, on the other hand, is the embodied, well, spirit, of a machine. Please the machine, for it is holy and the spirit will make sure the machine works. 99% of machine spirit stuff is a very fancy and ritualized way of saying "Take care of your gear and it will take care of you", or in the case of 'unruly machine spirit', "This thing is a piece of fucking crap that doesn't work right." Land Raiders and weak AIs are that messy 1%.

That's always been my understanding of it as well. The machine spirit of a capital ship is probably AI or pseudo-AI, but the machine spirit of a lasrifle is probably either warpshit, a recurring malfunction due to improper maintenance, or bullshit

the number 1 problem with 40k lore is people read wiki pages that compile conflicting sources over 30 years and claim they "know the true cannon" via constantly saying "but but but but but". the real cannon is what people like jes and others in the actual studio that go to work every day and think about this fantasy world think whats going on. not some one who thinks lexicanium is cannon because it has 15 sources. pro tip guys 40k isn't a vast universe its like about 45 or so planets and a bunch of events over 3 decades that often are copys of the same thing over and over again or retelling of the same story. 40k exists in your mind. that's the number 1 rule.

and based on any thing printed in the last 4-5 years the lore has become more relaxed more based on theam and flavour and the rule of cool rules. the current 40k cannon is simply this. if some thing cool existed once in the lore and they want it to still exist regardless of what happened it does. ... its that simple. that is it. ive had people say stuff like the void dragon is actually dead or wasn't a real dragon or was proved to not be a ctun etc. when that's frankly not true and just based on some passing sentence in a black library novel that was never "Cleared as studio cannon" by any one who actually works in studio1 the GAME designers are the ones that control the true cannon of this world and every thing els SHOULD be treated as expanded universe and they might not tell you that because they want ANYTHING to do with GW to sell but if you had a beer with the design team and vet guys they would have the same response rickpriestly has to BL which is most of it is shit.

Rickpriestly basically said most of BL was shit on beats of war. and considering his frigging wife still works for GW and he doesn't seem the most frugal man in the world I'm pretty sure he retired from that company because he knew it would be "fine with out him now" and hes basically the only person beside maybe matt ward or ellesio or maybe jes who would still give you a statement about 40k and whats going on in that company with out bias or PR bullshit. like Jes came out and flatout said Esculation isn't legal if you don't want it to be people seriously forget that and it did make a huge shitstorm that lead to 7th being rushed out to "sell the Knight kit as legal" but at the end of the day Jes told the entire 40k audice that they didn't need to buy superhavies if they didn't want to and he should be commended for that and shit like that is why he is the final say on every thing to do with 40k not some fan on lexicanium or guy who claims to have ready every BL book ever. thous people fucking suck and don't care about the future of 40k they care about obsessing over the past.

THIS, i truly agree with dude.

like the fact Jes said you don't need to buy lords of war or superheavies in 28mm prob pissed off a lot of guys at FW and the webstore team that love to put that stuff up front. and he didn't fucking care because he knew he was going to make a plastic 8mm game with thous same units eventually that same attitude is why you need to use the Game design team as the core source for the fluff and not these disparate sources the "general feel" of 40k exists right now it doesn't exist in these old sources and its very easy to obsess about old versions of the world and say they are richer or deeper just because they are old. its very important to relate every thing to the way the universe is presented today. or you just end up being a historian about a evolving world and not actually enjoying the universe for what it is. lots of people confuse age with depth. that's not the case at all some of the new fluff written in recent codexs has way more depth than the old stuff but because of some obsession on time line and the general rule that "older" releases say things in the 80s 90s is generally considered to happen "in the past) in the vague timeline of 40k and people just assume there is more stuff there but lotss of the new codexs collate the very game designers memories of lots of that stuff in a new version that to some might seem simpler but is actually "what happened" or how it exists today. and lots of people forget that. every time some thing new is written about 40k the universe grows forward when things like the Scions and Militarium Temp was released that made things like Adeptas Arbites and Sisters of Battle loose relevance. Sisters are a hot topic but its safe to say the Militarum temp have replaced the arbites and possibly the sisters but so many people will say no no no there was all this fluff written about arbites and sisters 10-15-20 years ago so they must "still exist"

that's not how 40k works. things get replaced things move on the "space swat" and Riot police of 40k are now no longer arbites and sisters.. they are now the new scion model and bulgrin with riot shield things. its just how it works and ALOT of the obsessive fans will say no no no because they google some old sculpts and old books and old fluff and old codex and stuff that is so out of date its not funny and just say no no no it STILL exists. which is true but ultimately what fills the universe the most RIGHT now is what is being sold and whats the most updated. just like in AOS we will see less and less of the older 20-25mm square units because the sculpts beside some just don't look good on rounds as the new stuff that stuff will fade the lore will evolve and flex and things will move on. if you want to make a space police force if you want a riot of chaos cultists or rabble being "cleansed" by a squad its going to be Taurox and Scions and maybe maybe inquisitors but its not going to be Arbites and its not going to be sisters. You guys need to realise the reason thous metal models still exist is because they have them in a big box in a factory storage space some where in warhammerworld and they are not selling. its not because fans obsess over them its not because they "love them" tis not because they are still cannon. they exist on the webshop because they have a bunch that HAVE NOT sold. guys please can you stop posting fan art of sisters and just let them be what they where they where too medieval and weird for 40k its moved on from that its become more ornate and less grim dark. if you really want a sister sculpt hope for it as a special character in a inquisitor army there is already cannon for that. but please there is such a huge portion of the fanbase out there especially oens that are lore focused who constantly say things from Necromunda and Inquisitor and early 2000s are 100% cannon when they clearly are not any more

Samefag.

No, you're mistaken.

not saying they wont use the models for fun like they where still using metal models in the 6th ed rulebook and most of the chaos Space marine rulebook is full of probably metal models too painted and just left but people need to realise the reason CSM hasn't been updated in a long while or had weird halfupdates is that range is basically historic like doesn't it make sense that in one era of the emperium maybe the sisters where doing all the police work but things have changed now. etc. maybe the sisters of silence on the black ships finally all died out and the sisters have been sent off to guard thous so we wont be seeing them on the front line again. thigns like this. people need to get more creative with how this world works and not just demand things from GW like its actual a "real place" this game is about telling storys with "what you got" and you should be looking for parts of the lore that interest you and your group and games and sound like they would be fun to play and not think you can just nitty gritty every thing and use lore to justify why you only collect this force or that force like. its really negative and its why there is so much hate about 40k online because there are ALOT of people who buy models based on old lore and get angry when new lore doesn't line up with what they already have and just say "I'm done" and thous people claim to understand every thing and claim to be totally absorbed in the deep and rich history of 40k but its not that deep and tis not that rich its ment to be fun and I'm sick of running into people who use the fiction to justify complaining about things other than enjoying and using the models that do exist. there especially I think since HH has become this culture of just demanding a perfect finished model of every thing and a shying away from customising and original builds. people now I think prob due to online culture just "sit and wait" and YELL about what isn't out yet and use excuses like no plastic

> How many guardsmen often die in a pitched battle

Well, you have factors such as

>is the imperial navy there
>is the guard contingent well equipped and supplied (usually not)
>is the operation defensive or offensive

An offensive operation will by nature incur heavy casualties. If the Imperial Navy can Lance the living shit out of tough positions it's a cakewalk.

As far as casualty numbers go keep in mind each battle for a planet eclipses anything that's ever happened in history. Casualties in the hundreds of millions over decades would be pretty natural with a fighting force as archaic as the guard can get.

Nice shoop.

people use the argument of NO plastic as a reason for no buying any GW product for years and years and years and just hating on people online being negative and saying they "understand the universe" these are the true toxic 'players" of 40k they freak out new fans they say increadibly negative things and encourage others to not jump in and start building kits and just complain. these people need to be expelled from the conversation they need to be discredited and they need to frankly be told to fuck off from lore discussion because it gets very obviouse when some one is just hating on what your saying or contradicting what your enjoying about the new lore because they "don't want to buy models" the biggest problem with this teir of fan is they feed very agressivly into the GW has gone to shit narrative which IS hurting the company. like its not fair for some one whos already decided not to play the game to just constantly say they know better and have a justified reason to not play because.. this line isn't supported yet or this line isn't supported yet. its really negative and wrong and its why GW hates the internet and they really cant do any thing to kick these players out of the discussions on forums and places so they have to just shut it down completely its time we as fan frankly say its unacceptable to act like this that its unacceptable to say you know the 40k universe better than a new fan or even a new designer at GW. one head guy from mantic is now rules design team guy he features in the VERY first youtube video gw has had about talking about the rules and how fun they are. he hasn't been at GW long maybe he growing up couldn't afford that many 40k armys maybe hes no diferent to this "hardcore 40k fan who has decided to not collect because sisters are metal and "is waiting" maybe they both have looked over the rules for years but found fault and now one of them is working for GW.. guess who gets to decide what's cannon now?

the fact is the online community fucking made matt ward quit ok. it wasn't fucking AoS it was fans saying they knew better. and this new guy I think his name is Rob Sterling or some thing I'm not sure hes doing campains and if he feels influenced by you guys your going to not only ruin his job and ruin his chance to make fun games your going to ruin the hobby. what he wrights is whats cannon if he decides he wants to twist the lore to make campains go in this fun direction if he wants to change the very structure of the imperium to make a hold out situation or some thing like that.. guess what he can and your wiki articles and know it all nature and "excuses" why the "deep and rich" universe isn't being properly supported by plastic this or that doesn't mean shit. and that needs to happen right now. like GW has let people talk to them on FB or at least share a discussion they can overlook and if we keep this attitude of the fans knowing best they are going to stop looking at what we have to say and they are going to simply dismiss us like they did before because frankly we where not having FUN.

It's strangely ironic that asking for something "autism free" is such a strong sign of autism

I'm done now. Taurox and Scions replaced sisters and arbites and Inquisitors might return to the shadows and be forgotten unless they can think up a good boardgame to include them in and make afue new sculpts. things are changing the imperium is changing. new STC and new ways of policing new planets is taking place the way a planet was policed in the early 2000s is different to today and plastic sisters are not required beacsue you can kit bash one out of darkelfs and stormcast legs. its time the lorehounds stop biting GW and start playing the game again and letting the interesting ideas they have on the table impact the lore and not the other way around. Horus Heresy is where your ment to obsess if you want to turn this game into a Historicals game players who treat standard 40k as historicals need to quit it and bugga off and do some thing els because 40k is ment to be a living breathing world and if AoS has reminded me of any thing is how stagnant its got with lorefans dismissing every thing and making their hobby about reading and waiting rather than playing and thinking for them self and enjoying the mind of another person which is what puts the love into this universe.

Well because I want to be that guy, Can somebody tell me more about the Old-School Orks? I was told you used to be able to mix and match there shit and now its all stranded or something?

Space marines are normally around 7 - 7.5 feet tall.

Primarchs are taller, 8-9 feet.

Regular Humans are around 6 foot.

That's not modern marines, those are marines from 30k / 10k years ago.

That's not autism. That's just a perspective on the lore. Fuck off.

>Primarchs are taller, 8-9 feet.
Depends on the Primarch. Alpharius was like 7.5 feet or so, Magnus was 12 (But he was a biomancer, so really he was whatever size he liked). The rest fell somewhere between those extremes.

For the love of fucking god guys, use the enter button for once.

you guys need to realise every time you joke about autism some one with actual mental disabilities or some sorta disability or deep rooted personal problem they arnt dealing with thinks this is their tribe and they can "waste time here" while getting more unwell. its not funny to joke about autism you realise its literally like dementia and like very confusing and hard to diagnose and the fact Veeky Forums a huge place for online male culture has taken over the definition of the term has created some very bad situation. you realise its fashionable to be autistic and neurotic and creeps like woody allen have exploited this aspect of human nature (and women and girls) for ages. pretending to be neurotic or autistic is cute and boyish yes. but talking about it like its a club or like ive seen literal pretty high up trendy bands in the American scene call them self "Autist" because they think that's where culture is going like. they don't care about us they don't care about the people that hang out here they care about sleeping with 'cool girls who are obsessed with fashion and trends'. you realise Veeky Forums has normalised some thing that made it special and every time you say Autist or Autism you make some one with real problems think this is the answer to indulge more into the idea they are sick and not 'fixed' and need some thing no matter the cost. its why GW is against this kinda culture guys because they know help actually exists for these people but they are using things like their health as a excuse not to actually live life and they are the same kinda fans that use BL and the expanded universe as a excuse not to actually enjoy where the game is currently at or where the fiction is currently at because people are constantly saying 40k is deeper than it actually is. it was the same in WHFB. that world isn't big 45 or so towns and citys and then a bunch or fiction and magazine tidbits and codex over years and the core beats got summed up in 4 paper back September issues..

Or maybe you're a newfag

basically I'm saying the correct way to talk about 40k lore and enjoy it is with a grain of salt that focuses on why you actually care about it. the battles the rules the models and the style and feel. if you make it about obscure references you should be a legal aid not a fan of a fictional world. every time some one complains about the imperium focus or stormcast being too spacemarine or too many spcaemarine players or some obscure part of the world not being explored or the current model lines (which are about 75 unique products for every core army (id say there is about 15 core armys or forces in 40k if you combine afue and then in AOS 2 alliances have about 75-90 figures and 2 have 200-250ish but that will go down to about 80 for army like. just think about this for a second.

there are like 15 core forces really to pick from in 40k if you combine things like imperium and admech and sisters n scions n guard etc. like and combine say eldar and combine say some of the SM ones with the other stuff they can get its about 80 models per army ok. that's the game. that's the universe right there. GW and the people who wright the lore want you to pick a army and enjoy about 80 or so modelling opotunities with some options here or there and maybe you select say 30 unique models out of that collection and that's your army. that IS what 40k is today. old sculpts old lore old things that fit between gaps .. that's not relevant unless you can read some old lore and fluff and then read a new army book for one of thous 15 core factions and say well.. ok maybe in this army a retired arbite might exist but rules wise be a inquisitor or guardsmen or maybe these 10 sisters ill run which is all I need to use this rule (which is all the army is atm honestly a epub set of rules) say your like ok well I need to take 2 squads of 5 to get this and this and this so like maybe instead of getting the metal sisters and rhinos ill make them match the Militarum temp and scions bullgrin

Lol no. Space Marine average height is 7'6 feet tall, but this easily extends upwards of eight feet to even nine or nine and a half. Primarchs are around ten to twelve feet tall, some such as Magnus are even taller.

You really are an autist because of your inability to format a fucking post.

Their armour is all hand me down, it doesn't make sense that there would be huge height differences like that.