A minotaur culture based on Spain/Mexico rather than ancient Greece - tasteless joke or potentially cool?

A minotaur culture based on Spain/Mexico rather than ancient Greece - tasteless joke or potentially cool?

fucking furries

Are you worried about offending bulls? I mean, if there is a bull in your group, maybe don't do it.

Why not both?

Hey, we're pushing for inclusion here. My group personally consists of a goat, a rooster and half of a coconut. The coconut is a fucking That Guy.

But what would the minotaurs (bull)fight? People? Some weird domesticated beasts of burden that are to people what bulls are to minotaurs?

There better be flamenco and/or ballet folklórico dancing holstein girls.

Which period in Spanish history?

We talking Reconquista era Spain? Multiple Minotaur kingdoms struggling with each other and against foreigners occupying their land, occasionally siding with their enemies against their own people for political gain? Eventually driving out the foreigners after unification?

Or are we talking imperial Spain? With territories spanning the globe, one of the most powerful nations on the planet. Their warriors are feared across the world for their unbeatable formations?

There's a lot you could do.

>offending
No one said anything about offensive. Tasteless is tasteless, it doesn't need a victim. Is a tacky room still tacky if no one ever gets invited in to see it? Yes.

>Some weird domesticated beasts of burden that are to people what bulls are to minotaurs?
Gorillas?

>Veeky Forums decides minotaur waifus are Jewish
>Minotaurs are Spain
>Jews got kicked out of Spain
I don't even know where the conspiracy starts and ends anymore

>what would the minotaurs (bull)fight?

Rhinos

How fit horns through sombrero, help por favor

Well, Trials in Tainted Space has the minotaurs be genetically engieneered space Texans (yes, really)... Argentina also supposedly has quite a few cows in its culture, so...

>How fit horns through sombrero, help por favor

Cut two holes in the sombrero.

Put your horns through the holes.

Aren't Sombreros mexican ?

>implying all Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries aren't the same place
We ain't got no time to master your blasphemous commie ways, commie

>veterinars
It's a tasteless joke alright

Tastes like barbecue to me

>all Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries aren't the same place

It's true, just ask Infinity General.

sombreros is hat in spanish
so, technically, somberos as used in english is an US term

It doesn't have to

What, so they're fanatical imperialists that like to breed with the natives?

The Spanish thing comes from the Iberians, though bulls and ritual bullfighting were a big thing all over the Mediterranean about 3000 years ago.

Take a look at the old Iberians and the little we know about the kingdom of Tartessos.

Minotaurs are all dead, like all magical creatures.

And technically, minotaurs come from ancient Greeks hearing about another culture (Minoans) that had bull-related rituals*, so there's some common ground.

*The internet does not guarantee quality anthropological research results.

Is that bad or good?

It would be kind of an amazing subversion if the minotaur toreadors fought fair and just charged the rhino head on instead of all the tiring out the bull crap the real ones do.

I did it, but nobody has noticed the connection yet because bullfighting (or its equivalent) hasn't come up yet.

>not making your Minotaurs seafaring refugees from a once-great empire, now shattered by cataclysm

lrn2history

>half of a coconut
>The coconut
So is it a whole coconut, or just a half?
Make up your goddamn mind.
Fucking people with their vaguely detailed stories - is this story even real?

>refugees from a once-great empire, now shattered by cataclysm
So, Atlantis?
Just like Greeks are refugees from Atlantis?

It just is. I was just redirecting OP to some info, because throwing Mexicans and Spanish together when talking about bullfighting sort of shows he´s lacking some knowledge.

This seems pretty cool. Bullfighting is a pretty gruesome event, but I can't imagine your crowd will find the notion of using it in what essentially is a pun as tasteless.

Plus, how much worse can bullfighting be than a slaughterhouse, ethically?

Dead bulls do become carne de lidia (fight meat), so not much worse. Just sligthly more complicated and entertaining.

And the few that do live through it become studs, drowning in cowpussy til death

Minoans you stupid fuck

Had a DM who was running a pseudo-Euro campaign, and the Not!Spain had the running of the minotaurs, where they would drag 'em out of their labyrinths and set em loose in the city. Shit was pretty hilarious, with the minotaurs screaming at people in red as they chased them.

The rogue and my warlock wound up befriending one minotaur who was more confused than anything. He also didn't exactly HATE the color red - it just was kinda annoying to him. We later closed an entire bar in !England with him by having a drinking contest between him and us. Being a disciple of Bacchus, I held my own admirably, even if I did lose.

>the cow-tittied monstergirls are Jewish
Clever

Potentially good, depends on how you handle it.

It would be gladitorial combat centered on grace rather than pure brute strength.

That sounds weird though, I don't see minotaurs being graceful.

Damn, I feel like I should say something about Crete obviously being Atlantis, but, I can't even fake belief in that long enough to troll properly.

Hell yea

Half of a coconut is still a coconut, at least in most languages I speak.

They wear masks and wrestle each other.

>race/culture is defined by a real world cultural parallel

subverting a trope is a trope itself.

quality shitpost

>I have the anthropological expertise to create a believable culture from scratch!/A nonsensical mishmash of cultural traits that looked cool at the moment is preferable to one identifiable source!

I'm pretty sure minotaurs are based in mespotamic gods with bull horns. Like Moloch and such.

>Atlantis
>in the Mediterranean Sea
>not in the Atlantic Ocean

>his race/culture isn't a real world cultural parallel
So your race/culture is a steaming piece of boring shit?

>Spaniards
>Feared across the world
Hahaha, come on, Pedro, be realistic, you never amount to anything

muh Hermocrates
muh mistranslation
muh decimal error
muh 100 leagues (Crete) or 1000 leagues (???) from Greece

Once upon a time...

Spain´s gotten fucked up and down through most of its History, but between the XIV and XVII centuries it was a powerhouse.

>first European country to solidify as the nation we know today, causing the others to solidify too so they could compete
>brutally beat the Ottomans in Lepanto, with Italian assistance, back when everyone else in Europe was scared as shit of the until then unstoppable kebab hordes
>first country to aknowledge American natives as human beings, and to make them citizens
>consistently allied with Britain to fight France or with France to fight Britain, always busy at war somewhere else too
>produced some of the best mercenary companies of the world
>controlled a good part of Europe during pike and shot era with an army of veterans, the Tercios, that fared well against pretty much everything anyone threw at them, no matter how shitty it looked

There were plenty of problems (too much religious zeal, poor diplomacy leading to conflicts with everyone, brutal investments for small gains [like conquering and populating the South American jungle or the whole siege of Flandes], etc.), most of them steeming from a very charasteristic national stubbornness that can explain almost all events in Spanish History for the last 2.500 years.

I don't get always making minotaurs from the cultures that mistreat their cattle the most. Wouldn't those be the least like minotaur culture? Are they even carnivorous? Would they keep cattle? Since when do minotaurs even HAVE a fucking culture?

>Mistreat their cattle
Literally only India treats cows well.

Yeah, but Texans, Argentinians and the Spanish are infamous for the degree to which they treat it badly (either by killing them for sport or by just eating a whole fucking lot of them), so why would these be the minotaur cultures?

How is that clever?

They're "infamous" because they have more territory focused on cattle raising, the way Spaniards treat their cows is no different to the way British or Germans do. As for killing them for sport, sure, though they treat those bulls like kings before that, literally roaming free in the best meadows and fucking as much cows as they want, also the number of bulls killed in bullfighting per year is practically negligible compared to the number of cows killed for food even in the smallest countries. Not excusing them and in fact I wish stuff like that were just ancient history, but you seem to be exaggerating about the whole deal

t. ignorant

No, it isn't. "Tacky" is a value judgment and as thus, needs someone to actually make said judgment.

Eating the cows IS pretty cruel

Toros de Lidia live like kings until they are killed in the ring, natural parts, lots of lands to graze, top class vets, being with they bros and family, in the lidia they can be spared if they fought well, and then they can end as sementals with they own harems of cows and all the mayorals, bullfighter and cowboys fawning over them.
Also Carne de lidia is pretty good even when killed in stress situations, it has been breed that way.

exactly the point.
Every minotaur old enough to have his horns can lift a wagon over his head without a hitch or fly into a beastly rage and smash shit, the truelly skilled manage to transform a half ton and seven feet of bovine brutality into something graceful and fast that is truly amazing.
In war everyone expects Minos to just charge like bulls so when they run and jump and vault over your spear wall and come down like a meteor with horns or feint in a charge, roll to the side of your heavy sheild and slam their shoulder back into your side like a semitruck it really makes an impression.
Think like the descriptions of 40K Marines or the Hulk, something THAT big and THAT heavy should not move THAT FUCKING FAST.

Wouldn't a Hindi Minotaur culture make more sense? Something that exalts the beasts rather than diminishes them?

Cool idea.

I'm still all over Veeky Forumss own Jewish minotaurs. It was an idea just crazy enough to be brilliant.

Your post triggers me and ignores the fact that there are African and Asian countries also speak Portuguese, so even if you rounded the Iberian and American nations together you'd still be wrong

Maybe a combination Minotaur/Human culture where Minotaurs are the ruling class?

And humans pull plows and are butchered for steaks?

Eating humans is apparently very unhealthy. You can get all sorts of crazy brain parasites.

Unhealthy for humans or unhealthy also for animals?
I heard our meat is addictive or some shit like that

Cows eating cows and humans eating humans are in equal risk of contracting really shitty prion diseases.

How about cows eating humans?

cows are herbivores, silly

but they might eat a brain or a heart or something occasionally as a delicacy or ritual thing

>Are they even carnivorous?
The original Minotaur was carnivorous and so are most portrayals of minotaurs.

But he had a bull's head! His teeth would be all wrong!

yeah and that's why he was always so pissed off

He had human hands, he could use eating utensils just fine. When you cut meat to small enough pieces you don't need to chew it. (source: my 87 y/o gandma)

Is she a minotaur, though?

Yes. user is 1/4 minotaur. He's only got one stomach because of it.

Why else would I bring up her dietary habits?

>yfw you realize your cute minotaur waifu's cowtits would be dragging across the floor by the time she's old

Could be fucking awesome if you do it right.

Make them a whole culture of sadists and masochists. You could get philosophical about it.

...No.

Half-coconuts ALWAYS identify as full coconut. And you're racist if you point out the biases they base around that.

Fuck, now I want to do it myself, but I'll ruin this whole imagery I've got going.

Is it acceptable to reuse concepts superficially, as long as they differ in interpretation/execution?
Sun never sets!

But it's night.

Nut? A crazy in the coconut?
The boy needs therapy.

That's quite clever, user.

Do half coconuts claim to have had a macadamia princess grandmother?

Do you want the meat to go to waste, then? Because getting people to give up extensive portions of their livelihoods and/or cultures isn't going to happen.

Eating meat is not cruel. The animal you eat dead so it doesn't hurt when you eat it, it doesn't care.

On the other hand, cattle farming on the industrial scale is kind of nasty.

More hackneyed than a race of rental horses.

now when you say 'rental'...

not gonna lie, that image is fucking horrifying

That was more depressing than plenty of the more infamous rape doujins.

Nobody does actual Bull of Minos minotaur anyway, so putting an actual spin on it is a good thing.

You put a sombrero on each horn.

Happens all the time.