Does anyone else have alcohol available at their games...

Does anyone else have alcohol available at their games? My players and I always drink heavily and it has led to both great success and bitter failure. Does anyone have any good stories from drunkenness at games?

One game I had to be slightly drunk to stay in character. Seventh Sea game where I was essentially playing a Jack Sparrow-type who was also a Spaniard..

I played a heavy drinking lightweight gambling addict in a Serenity RPG game modeled after Cowboy Bebop. My character had a weakness for tequila, and every time she took a shot, so did I. I didn't much care for tequila at the start of the game, but now, I rather enjoy the stuff.

I had an alcoholic character in a campaign of Call of Cthulhu so I drank pretty heavily, but I'm just not sure if it's a good trait for a GM to have.

the players at my l5r game do a shot of sake before we do stupid things, like fight oni lords

I wasn't the GM, I was a player...

We're all well-adjusted adults so it's not uncommon for a drink or two around the table. Every now and then I run a one-shot at a gaming bar so that's usually a pretty good excuse to get smashed with some mates, and I pick systems I know I could run blind drunk with no materials.

One of my groups usually does a weekend away 1-2x a year where we rent out a beach house, so that's usually a big whirlwind of drunken gaming.

I have to pace myself when I play in person because I have to drive home, but in roll20 I drink heavily.

Yeah, we tend to get a bit drunk.

In my Dark Heresy Radicals game, it's a mild tradition that we drink Rum cocktails. It went swimmingly until I became mildly incoherent towards the end of a very good mini-campaign.

I also used to get so drunk running Doctor Who that I would need my players to remind me how I ended a session. Doctor Who is such a random and wacky setting that it worked well and they all loved it.

We also ran a 12 hour game of my friends homebrewed Conan game, drinking pretty much the whole time. At one point someone asked the GM about a certain option, and the Gm said "no". When asked to clarify why the player couldn't do that, the GM just started headbanging to the music in the background.
It's now tradition for the GM to head bang whenever he doesn't want to explain why he won't allow something to happen.
One of my players is a teetotaler, so we usually don't drink much when he's around. Other than that, anything goes!

Last game of 40k I played we installed a new rule:

>When finished with your drink you may place it on the board wherever you like, as soon as you finish it. Roll 2d6 scatter, twice(using the larger arrow on direct hit rolls). Shift any models for the can/bottle to fit.

Pretty much possible cover of your about to get shot/charged you finish your drink and have a chance at throwing new terrain in the way. We played a 1v1v1. Pretty fun. Board was covered in empties at the end.

They were probably talking about themselves..................................

Man, our battles would be nothing but fucking cans and bottles.

>TAKE COVER BROTHER! ANOTHER TACTICAL GUINNESS DROP IS INCOMING!

People can do whatever they want at my games. I've seen people smoke weed, drink lightly or heavily, having naps, dancing, moving around "larping" what they were doing and much, much more. I banged my fellow gamer chick friend after a game, in the host's bathroom once. One time I DMed at a party (because I know cool people who not only like nerds and their nerdy things but wanted to share the joy of RPGs with their other non-nerd friends).

When you stop being all bitchy about your gaming space, you achieve a somewhat zen approach to GMing and learn to listen to whatever you need to hear and block out the rest when needed.

>Cans
>Bottles
>Guinness

What heresy is this?

>maybe 5th time gaming, first time as an adult rather than a HS loltehrandumb.
>Game is a light-hearted GURPS post-apoc game.
>everyone pretty much drinks and RPs.
>make a blatant Irish stereotype named Michael O'hanan who can speak any language, speak to machines, and has literally been to hell.
>highlights include: convincing a group of street lights to shit themselves off so the party could bum rush a group of mooks around the corner
>being confronted by a mothers r cursing in front of her child and responding: "You think this wise, lass? Pick in' a fight with a man o' the LORD?"( he was a priest of course). She doesn't back down, and draws her gun "You think you can outdraw a pissed off Irishman?!" She responds "My gun's already drawn."
Michael responds "Well ya damned cheated didn't ya?!" then gets angry and leaves.
>convince a group of slot machines to give me all the money they had in them by telling them a story of how I'd just an hour ago whored a party member out for a free room at an inn
>bless random machines so that their souls would go to heaven, aforementioned street lights included.
>hit one of the four riders of the apocalypse with a thrown pistol while yelling "take THIS ya heathen!"

Fun campaign. A lot sillier than what we usually play.

Not at all. I game with a recovering alcoholic, that would be kinda dickish.

Shh... I'm
American.

My melanin enriched gentleman even in spain I can get a pint of the black stuff if I want it. Thou shalt not drink thy Guinness from anything but a pint glass, that's in the bible.

It depends on what my characters are playing, really.
Basically, most people drink. Wizards smoke weed. Private investigators drink and smoke tobacco.

Oh... yeah. Hahaha. You are totally correct. I'm a fucking idiot.

Yeah that's what I meant. I'm perma GM now