How would you turn Crusader Kings 2 into a table top game?

how would you turn Crusader Kings 2 into a table top game?

Set the game on "observe" for a hundred years, and when you come back you should have all the NPCs, regional struggles and kingdoms you need for an amazing setting.

character screen for ck2

Looks like a giant abortion most of the time though. Paradox should compel the AI to direct toward sensible borders.

Plus, needs empire-falling mechanics.

factions in CK2 solve AIs blobbing, since realms keep getting plagued by pissant vassals

Start at 1187 (or whatever the Height of Jerusalem start is in HiP).

Every kingdom worth looking at is whole and relatively stable, and will likely remain so for the next hundred years. The only one that has any chance of going retarded is France, and even then that's just them splitting into Aquitaine.

i always start at 1066

but enough /gsg/, how would you guys turn ck2 into a tabletop game?

Play Pendragon or A Song of Ice and Fire, with emphasis on a regional map.

Risk with total war style agents

Murder your wife and have sex with your sister.

I'd rip off Twilight Imperium.

This, or go freeform.

Don't let the players see each other or have group sessions (unless they need to fight or their leaders meet). Have one on one sessions with all of them so they can scheme in private. Doing games like this online works about as well as in person if you can get dedicated players. You might just want to play with your friends but have them communicate online. It's really fun if you don't tell them who is who.

thanks. pendragon is actually pretty similar to ck2

Same way in works on PC Unlimited autism

Is there a reason to take only coastal provinces?
That looks hideously inefficient to me.

He's a viking

Britannia Rules the Waves

are you new?

No, but I haven't played CK2.
I get that people do self imposed challenges and shit, but that border gore would annoy the fuck out of me.

How about you just play the game?

Not really.

You ever played Diplomacy?

Something along those lines, I'd imagine. Maybe add some eurogamey meeple-management on a personal "country" board or something, I dunno. And a bunch of random event cards, obviously.

I don't see it being that fitting for a boardgame, though - there's way too much diplomacy going on with way too many factions. And vassals. You need to zoom out a bunch to make it actually workable, and at that point I can't help but feel that you lose some of the flavor that makes CK2 what it is?

Roleplaying games would have the opposite problem, since you're now too zoomed in to get the bigger picture - not to mention the immense pressure it would put on the referee.

I dunno how you'd actually make it into a good tabletop game and have it actually feel like CK2, but I wouldn't mind seeing them try.

Why not just use the real world, then? Hell, there's tons of good source books on that campaign setting.

Sea power, user.

Also, Joan of Arc event is best event. Create a dynasty of sainted conquerors for the Holy Crusades,

Make it about the glorious Saoshyant btfoing the Abbasids in the name of Ahura Mazda

If you play Norse you can raid and claim any county that borders the sea.

He has looks like he just kept on doing that until he ran out of coasts.

If they do from Tribal to Trade Republic they will be raking in the gold faster than they can spend it.

I don't think there is any play through that we haven't tried to either seduce/marry Joan of Arc or make her the pope. Or both.