>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Is Dark Sun survivable as a starting jump?

more like chumpchain hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagahahaha

Do you have to exchange all your CP for SP, or can you just convert what you want?

Just what you want to.

With some effort put in on your part to try to survive. Its not an easy jump to be passive in. It's a D&D setting. Try your best at adventuring and don't fuck up.

Elonanon, if you're around-given the altered nature of the True Fae in Changeling 2e (Crazy and evil because they feel too MUCH emotion not too little, Changelings can use a bulwark ritual to ruin their day if they step foot in a Freehold so now they summon formless hunting spirits from Arcadia to bind a little of their essence into in order to create a Huntsman to retrieve Changelings on their behalf instead of directly sending out Actors) would you consider adding a +0CP drawback to Changeling jump to render 2e applicable? Or is the jump meant to take place in whichever is the most recent edition of Changeling the Lost?

Won't be easy but not impossible either, as long as you keep your head down

It's basically a region full of magical third world countries from what I remember.

How's Primal Rage as far as danger is concerned?

Primal and ragelicious

I mean IIRC it's basically EVO meets Mortal Kombat

It was a game deliberately made to be bloody and edgy in the 16-bit era. You tell me how dangerous something made to those specs in the 90s would be.

has the right of it.

Do we have a Silent Hill jump? What about Secret Wars? Wizard of Oz?

I decided to Tweak my entire build a bit. It was probably better than giving Tomo all A+++ in all her magic based skills and abilities.

Jump # 8 fate/Extra

Origin: Drop In
Sex: Female

Perks:
*Servant (Free)
*3 command Seals (free)
*So long as I stand (free)
*Extra Attack (300)
*Digital Sorcery (600)
*More Powerful Servant (100)

Equipment
*Datapad (Free)
*Brown School Uniform (Free)
*Classroom (Free)

Caster Class (350)
Identity – Tomamo No Mae
*Strength: E
*Endurence: E
*Agility: B (50)
*Mana: A+ (50)
*Luck: C (-50)
Class Skills:
*Territory Creation: C (50)
*Item Creation: D (25)

Personal Skills
*WitchCraft: Ex (250)
*Shapeshift: A+ (350)
*Divinity: A (250)

Noble Phantasm:
*Eightfold Blessings of Amaterasu: D (-50)

Drawbacks:
*Does not feel like using This Skill – Shapeshifting (+175)
*Does not feel like using This skill – Witchcraft (+0)

I had avoided Digital Sorcery because I doubted it would help me in Naruto but also I didn't have many magic systems to convert but its a neat ability and I can likely find a use for it.
It's too bad Chakra isn't magical. I could either create gadgets to replicate chakra abilities with this or cyborg myself.

Alright I took your advice I believe everything should be in order.

Are there any perks that allow me to erase doors on other peoples' property?

No to all of those. I heard ages ago someone was doing Silent Hill but haven't heard anything.

Sounds like a Stand.

What's Secret Wars?

It's a secret wars.

How long does it usually take for a Mage to achieve gnosis 5 or gain Arcanum naturally?

In the Overlord game jump can we be come the PC from the game if we choose the corresponding origin for our roller/chosen time?

I would assume so. Hell I assumed you become the PC anyway.
Though I'm not sure if Overlord 1 PC counts as Overlord Origin or Fallen Hero

I would think the second one, that is who he was.

Pretty sure he's the latter.
The former would probably have you as the original Overlord or something.

I'm aware, but some of the powers of both origins seemed fitting, and some of the powers of the second don't seem that fitting.

God I love those games.

Gnosis represents an intuitive understanding of the Supernal Realm, and thus your mystic connection to it. In the game this is supposed to be represented by you getting XP as your character understands more about the supernatural world; there's also Arcane Experience awarded at the ST's discretion that specifically represents Supernal Realm understanding. So there are no training times per se because it's basically magical enlightenment, but as a general rule it takes a number of months multiplied by the rank of Gnosis you want to achieve (according to the one game I played, and some old WW forums) to rank up, but if in your story you somehow get an sudden epiphany it could be raised in a few days.

There are jumps with abilties that let you perceive/understand/research/quantify/analyse/predict/meld with supernatural forces though, so it's conceivable you could raise those ranks sooner.

Well, even if you assume it's still a number of months multiplied by the rank Gnosis, at the least it'd only take as many as 14 months, and at most, 14 years, assuming the range of 'months' is somewhere between 1 month and 1 year.

Looks all good.

Jump # 9 Sekirei
Background: Ashikabi
Starting Location: The north (Free choice)

Perks:

*Winging Ceremony (Free)
*Norito (300, Discount)
*Sharing is Caring (400)
*Adjuster (200)
*Sakuroku style (200)

Equipment
*MBI Card (Free)
Companions:
*Sekirei Import – Ami (100, Discount) Information type Sekirei
*Sekirei Import – Arcuied (100, Discount) Nature controller Sekirei
*Sekirei Import _ Tomamo (100, Discount) Illusion Generating Sekirei
*Sekirei Import – Yukari (100, Discount) Mad Science Sekirei
*Sekirei Import – Len (100, Discount) Dream Sekirei
*Sekirei (Akitsu) (Free)

Drawbacks:
Flamboyant (+ 100)
Back Pains (+100)
Mooch (+ 100)
Slapstick (+ 300)

So I now officially am a Harem anime protagonist. I imported my companions as a Harem, thankfully though they were ok with it (they approved the choice beforehand; I am not that kind of jumper). It was nice to have everyone getting along more like a family; they still fought but I didn’t have to worry about any accidental deaths or property damage. Also we managed to add Akitsu who my companions looked at as a sister. We were able to fix the screw up that MBI had done to her and I winged her. I don’t think I have seen someone so grateful before.

Anyways we went about stealing Jinki and stashing them away. MBI tried to track us down but Ami is an information type Sekirei now and really hampered their efforts.

Karasuba was a big problem here. I made the mistake of fighting her off… que her spending the rest of the jump chasing me like a creepy stalker.

Anyways we stole enough Jinki that Minaka’s plan fell apart. Since Karasuba was otherwise distracted hunting me for other reasons he found himself kind of short-handed in the disciplinary squad and the Sekirei plan was called off indefinitely as they had their hands full just keeping the foreign governments from invading do to his apparent weakness.

Towards the end of my jump I did make peace with Minaka. I traded him information on the moon cells for the freedom of the Sekirei and the rest of the Jinki.

It should take him longer than he has to live to complete the moon cells so hopefully I didn’t screw up too badly. Just in case I made a deal with Matsu to keep watch on him and his progress and make sure he doesn’t do something that destroys the planet or anything like that. However for what it’s worth I freed the Sekirei to be with the ones they love. Ami even managed to help those who had been defeated regain their sense of self and return to their Ashkabi.

As I said, there aren't any clear-cut "training times" per se and those were just a rough estimate going by some common observations in most Mage games. The really important part is figuring out a supernatural mystery or resolving a supernatural problem with your mystic abilities, since that's what's good for the ol' magic senses. Spending a hectic week fighting an Scelesti cult is a valid reason for your Gnosis to rise, whereas just sitting around doing nothing isn't going to see natural increases and unless you make a really important discovery, looking over old tomes isn't either.

MtAw magic's like a muscle, it gets better the more and the harder you work at it, proper form is vital and as you get stronger your gains start to plateau so you'll have to work harder for more.

>There are jumps with abilities that let you perceive/understand/research/quantify/analyse/predict/meld with supernatural forces though, so it's conceivable you could raise those ranks sooner.
Any good ones in particular worthy of mention?

>You took Akitsu
Good Man

Excuse me, just wanted to check on this, but would taking the entire god tree from Okami actually allow me to be the god of the moon? I mean, it mentions it, but I wasn't sure if that was just an example or something. Amaterasu herself is supposed to be the goddess of the sun, so it should be reasonable, right?

God of the moon exists, he's a bunny. But I guess you could replace him?

Well, the Sight from Dresden Files already enables you to perceive the metaphysical truth of things. Mind you this'll probably be damn traumatic for you in the World of Darkness

More usefully Virtues from SMT can form a link with a greater entity to cast thaumaturgy aligned with their domain, which could be quite useful

Accelerated Arcanum from Neopets halves magical research times

Mage the Awakening jump itself has the Mysterium perkline's Mage sight.

Fairy Tale has a spell called Archive can detect and study magic, although I'm not sure exactly how effective it is.

One of the magic eyes from Mushoku Tensei detects magic while another can observe things for miles

Guru from Chrono Trigger enables you to approach magic like engineering, which would help you get a handle on how to do stuff with it quicker.

How could I not? she just needed someone to love her. She just needed acceptance. She deserved those things and kind of got screwed over in the manga so how could I not fix that?

Oh, erm, in that case...are there any celestial positions open? I mean, I feel that if I replace someone, I'm going to end up screwing over the cosmic balance, and given that the BBEG is apparently some alien cyborg thing that wants to plunge everything into darkness, that's probably not going to end well.

There are people who don't. It's sad but true.

Weren't most of the God's in Okami Constellations? With dominion over something their brush could effect, like Growth or Fire.
I just went Fox/Illusions.

What are some good social intelligence/situational awareness perks?

Sherlock is good for both of those things.

Well some didn't know about her I am sure, others probably just made sure to fix her up and find her an Ashkabi that was right for her.
Still I have to agree with you it's always a good thing when a jumper wings her and takes her with them.

How dangerous is Darkstalkers?

Where could I get some good mana regeneration perks?

In Shintoism there's a god for everything. That's literally what Shinto deities are; 'gods' aren't quite like they are in other religions. They're akin to spirits which embody specific items or attributes. So you can have deities ranging from incredibly specific things ("this tree") to deities with massive sweeping generalization ("foxes, fertility, rice, alcohol, agriculture, industry, and worldly fortune and success. Jesus fuck Inari save some for the rest of us.") And that's just the tip of the iceberg that is the Eight Million Kami. There's literally a god of smallpox.

So realistically, no. Just pick something. Anything you want, really. You could be a god of the moon or trees. Or grass. Or that specific patch of grass over there. Or the mountains or that specific mountain. Or sandcastles.

Anything really.

>I can be a god of sandcastles
I SHALL MAKE THE GREATEST SAND CASTLE OF ALL TIME! YAMI SHALL TREMBLE IN FEAR OF IT'S GLORY!

Go to populous.

Terraria has the best one. It lets you regenerate all of your mana in two and a half minutes, or five minutes if you doubled it in-jump with stars.

Be careful there user. That's a big responsibility. Don't allow the power to corrupt you.

TOO LATE! I SHALL USE SCIENCE, MAGIC, AND GOD POWER TO TAKE ALL THE SAND IN THE WORLD, AND CREATE THE GREATEST SAND CASTLE!
BUT NO, WAIT, THAT'S TOO SMALL! I NEED MORE! MORE SAND! PLANET SIZED SAND CASTLES! STAR SIZED SAND CASTLES! GALAXY SIZED CASTLES! UNIVERSE SIZED CASTLES-
...I WILL MAKE A SAND CASTLE SO BIG, ASA COULD LIVE IN IT.

assassin creed(The Human Condition)/gothic(Blessing of Adanos)/great detective (The Look)

How would you go about ensuring easy inter-universe travel for everyone post-Spark?

Looks like that is just regenerating 100 mana, not your entire pool... unless the units are an abstraction and that's 100%?

That looks pretty good. You just need 2,000,00 followers to be able to charge spells with a 99% reduction on charge time. Would that fill up your mana pool passively or can you only draw on that flow to cast? I'm not sure how the latter would work with other magic systems.

Well, I'd spin off a shitload of copies of myself, so that each traveler could have their own guide. And the guide could hand out powers to them suitable for each universe, so the travelers could blend in to the new universe...

Yep it says in the notes that 1 hp = 1% of your total HP and 1 mana = 1% of your total mana

How do you deal with stupidly powerful foes, Jumpers?

By hitting them repeatedly with Ragna Blade and/or Giga Slave.

Usually? Highly localised extreme time dilation.

It's the _intelligently_ powerful foes that worry me.

Batman level planning combined with Tony Stark level construction.
I find out their weaknesses and build devices that exploit them.

You'd be surprised how few people can withstand an FEV enhanced Zerg Zombie virus.

Is the google drive being reorganized, or am I just not clicking the right thing?

I can search, but searching gives me random and repeating results.

>Bills is near the top
>Whis is nowhere to be seen
What the fuck was this guy smoking when he made this?

Try opening it in an incognito window. It's been having some issues.

>Arceus and Illias
>That high
Nah. The latter isn't even a real god, and got punched out by a half-angel and some powerful monster girls, while the former isn't even the strongest being in his home universe anymore, and can be surprised and beaten by humans and normal pokemon, though he's admittedly far stronger in a true fight.

Fuck. Off.
The thread isn't your own personal tech support.

It's canon that all the legendaries job hard when they fight the PC

Hit them with something out of context - magic in a non-magical setting, super science in a technological backwater, mind domination if they've never heard of psychics or maybe super speed/strength if they're something of a glass cannon.

Some good old super special modified balefire is always an option.

But mostly you win those fights by not having them in the first place. Super intelligence (to the nth degree) + all the precognition + a big bundle of charisma/manipulation perks and you see how you can turn them into a powerful tool to be used, rather than a threat to be dealt with. If that's none of these are options then you just avoid the confrontation (helped along with a healthy dose of precognition, once again).

>Yukari that high
>Saitama and Medaka deserving to be in the Special class
>Alexander above Walpurgis Night and Father
>Gilgamesh below Jack Rakan
>Aiwass and Aleister below so many people holy shit
>The Monster Girls Quest evil goddess and the Lord of Nightmares above so many people holy shit

I'm pretty sure this is just some clinically retarded chuuni wanking his favorite characters to high heaven.

I'm not even talking about that, user. In his very first movie, when the heroes travel back in time, they accidentally warn the corrupt emperor that Arceus will destroy his empire when he tries to backstab him and keep the macguffin. So what does the emperor do? Backstab him in a far more through and clever way. And it works. Seriously, him, his trainers, and their pokemon, all common aside from the Emperor's Heataran, who was nerfed compared to usual anyway, nearly killed Arceus.

The Lord of Nightmares actually deserves to be that high, given that she's the creator of the Slayer's multiverse and Giga Slave, which calls on her power, can destroy all reality.
Completely agree on the rest though.

If anyone belongs in Special Tier it's Bernkastel, Lambdadelta and Featherine considering the ending of their story leaves it deliberately ambiguous whether magic is real, or whether the whole thing was some traumatised chuuni bitch's made up story.

Jack Rakan would fuck Gilgamesh's mouth until his head exploded. And the Lord of Nightmares unwittingly created an entire multiverse without even initially realizing. She's basically anime Azathoth.

Anime isn't canon, it's garbage and only exists to promote the tcg and the games. Only literal children actually watch the Pokemon anime.

Really? I admit I didn't know that about Giga Slave. How big is the Slayers multiverse? I'm not debating she's high-tier but I didn't know she's almost on par with Tenchi.

Speaking of which-exactly how does Tenchi stand on par with Demonbane? Isn't Demonbane's whole shtick being able to pull out a stronger version of itself that's double omnipotent or whatever it needs to be?

Isn't he the guy that one perk in Negima is based on? Honestly doesn't seem that impressive. Don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily disagreeing because Gil's a fucking idiot but I am dubious he has anywhere near similar levels of firepower as Ea.

I'm presuming the guy was thinking of F/SN!Gil rather than Extra!Gil, though. Extra!Gil dwarfs all other Gils seen so far by many orders of magnitude.

Jack Rakan is a Mach 440+ casual mountain buster with nothing but his physical abilities and has so much power that he was able to come back from the dead simply because he wanted to.

>nothing but his physical abilities
Isn't he enhancing those with ludicrous amounts of magic?

The drive is apparently missing for a lot of people so asking about it isn't unreasonable.

And possibly Chi too yes.

I think that was the Hellmaster's whole plan, to have Lina use Giga Slave and destroy everything and kill him, and it was confirmed it would have worked if it hadn't been for the Lord of Nightmares being in complete control of her power and putting her foot down. As for the multiverse, exact details are unknown. All we know is that the Lord of Nightmares accidentally created the multiverse ala Azathoth and is now trying to bring it all back into herself. She's also apparently the Sea of Chaos itself as well.
No idea. Pretty sure Tenchi was multiverse level at best, while Demonbane once literally grew bigger than the entire omniverse, because Japanese power levels are bullshit.

For some reason this reminds me that Mushoku Tensei has a perk that allows for endless mana pool growth and one for turning your mana into physical abilities in the same jump.

Good for you?

Specifically the Giga Slave draws upon the power of the Lord of Nightmares (which, due to Slayers' metaphysics, is coterminous with the existence of the Lord of Nightmares. In other words; the Lord of Nightmares IS her power, so you're essentially summoning her directly) and it's implied that a huge part of the spell is simply limiting the effect down to a small area. Otherwise it runs amok and explodes infinitely like a second Big Bang to consume the entire universe. This is why Lina stopped using it after she realized the dangers of losing control even for a single instant, meaning that the spell was basically never worth the risk. Fibrizo's whole plan was to get her to cast the spell and then disrupt her concentration to make it go out of control. But the Lord of Nightmares possessed Lina's body and obliterated him completely from existence in retribution for his arrogance.

The Chousin are multiverse level (as creator-goddesses of an 11-dimensional multiverse) and Tenchi himself is/becoming the local manifestation of Tenchi-Kami who is apparently to the Chousin as they are to humanity, jurai, etc.

tl,dr; Tenchi's only star-level at best, but by the end of the series Tenchi-Kami is active and guiding/within him and the latter's level is basically "yes".

Which pretty much follows your final point that power levels are bullshit, I guess.

Wait so-lemme get this straight: Tenchi is, basically, the same thing as Demonbane's Nyarlathotep?

Agreed. Whether it's Demonbane somehow imprisoning Azathoth and Yog Sothoth, or Tenchi-Kami being that far above multiversial goddesses, power levels in those kinds of series are bullshit.

I'm not actually familiar with the latter.
>googles, finds wiki link... "oh myyy~" /takei

No, I don't think so, he's more serious-minded and he certainly doesn't have her... vast tracts of land.

That would be her human form. Have you seen her true form, or her megaverse sized clockwork mecha?

Nope. Links?

>true form

(btw if the links are in an eldritch script that makes my eyes bleed, I probably won't click)

>How do you deal with stupidly powerful foes, Jumpers?

It depends just how stupidly powerful they are. Like a few others, out-of-context solutions are favored. I generally spend considerable time deciding on exactly how to take them down...

...and once in awhile, consider whether they are my type and can be swayed or otherwise rehabilitated.

Whether I companion them or not, it wouldn't be the first time that I deal with a stupidly powerful foe by bedroom advances.

>Kumagawa Misogi
>That low despite him being Bernkastel being that high

Now wait a burger flipping minute. Kumagawa stalled Aijimu from commiting suicide, actually stopped her from doing something. He can perform King Crimson level actions by erasing the time between his actions, he erased the concepts of color in his anime appearance. If it weren't for the plot literally imposing his losses, he could easily erase all of reality from existance, and take all of it back if he so wished it.

But let me digress. Stupidly high level people usually have a weakness, they may be strong physically and magicly, but is their mind just as strong? Can they survive despair speeches that make them look at their lifes in completely new eyes? Do they have the resiliance to bounce back from someone manipulating every decision they make on the battlefield to set-up a butterfly effect that breaks them down in the long run? Theres also out-of-context stuff from other jumps, like the Agitation field from SCP fucking up reality warpers while Cognito Hazard breaks away at their thoughts.

This shit is as most as bad as the Dragon size chart.

Do not use the Sight for this. You can never forget anything you See with it, and considering how horrific some supernatural forces are, that's a surefire way to having something worse than Shagnasty burned into your brain forever.

Where would a Post-Spark Jumper be on that list?

Everyone in the 'special tier' is equal.

It depends, but if your end Jump was either Tenchi or TTGL, and you completed all the scenarios from Touhou,DS and SMT, it will probably be among the top tiers. A step behind the omniversal busters.

Depends on how long their chain was.

Depends on what they grab that has Post-Spark rewords, I can't say what a Planeswalker spark could possibly do, only because my knowledge of that is nil. However if a jumper say picked up shit like Speedster, Path to Victory, Dragon from Highschool DxD,+2 Omnipotent or something wishes from Tower of God and Fate Grail wars, some super power stand from crazy soul pwoers among other stuff, they would be pretty fucking powerful. At that point it's "do I have a non-zero chance of beating them?" And if the answers yes then that makes it a win, because Path to Victory can be activated. A common jumper could probably make it to above Tengen Toppa but below Tenchi, while a meta gamed jumper maybe be above Tenchi if they legitimately made choices to assure they were incredibly strong, and not for their own comfort and adventure.

Kingdom Hearts has a perk that regains MP each time you're hit and each time you hit an enemy.

You're overcomplicating it. Just take Eightfold Path which makes any possibility non zero and Path To Victory. There's legitimately nothing you can't do then.

Lord Of Light's Noble Eightfold Path + Card Captor's Conjoined Conjures (Touhou Project's Scarlet Destiny plus King Arthur's Magic) + Overlord's Tireless + Path To Victory: for you the impossible is merely improbable, you have the magical ability and power to make the improbable certain, and the guidance to accomplish this flawlessly.

Yeah, but if someone wanted to be maximum stronk without Path to Victory then other perks would be appreciated. Comic Speedsters like the Flash do retarded shit like outrunning himself, outrunning death as a concept, running at a speed trans-time, processing attoseconds and shit like that. I'm not too willing to just trust Eightfold Path, a 400cp perk, to allow me to social-fu an omniscient being. But thats just me. Not saying you can't do that. I would just rather beat the shit outta a crazy powerful being than social fu it.

It's not just about social fu though. Path to Victory lets you achieve anything with a chance of happening with 100% certainty and the Noble Eightfold Path lets you defy absolutes, meaning that anything has a non zero chance of happening. If you then use path to victory to beat someone in combat you could theoretically take down something like elder god demonbane with your bare hands even if you were a bog standard human with only those as abilities. No idea how that could possibly happen, but it'd let that happen.