A powerful necromancer cult unearths the ancient family crypt of giant warrior kings

>A powerful necromancer cult unearths the ancient family crypt of giant warrior kings

Not a terribly exciting adventure hook, is it? I mean, why not go bigger?

What do you have in mind?

>Along with the giant warrior king's pet T-Rex
Now things are getting interesting

Dresden?

>you know what would make this decent hook better?
>Trying way too hard!

Nah m8. The way to make that hook better is to fluff some of the warrior kings. One was the best fighter who ever lived, one was a powerful magician/stratigist, one still has a cult dedicated to him.

"We have raised you to serve our death cult!"
>King Ragnar serves no being. You shall serve me.
"BUT WE RAISED YOU. YOU OWE US!"
>King Ragnar owes you nothing. My only concern is life or death, and you have liberated me from that cycle to restart a new Giant Age. The mountains will crumble to dust under the footsteps of my fallen brethren. Your magics will serve me greatly.
"Shit."

Hey look it's the same old shit

Would be better with dinosaurs

I want the underage to go

You got to kill those giant undead so we won't be overrun by their curse.

But is the dark in humanity that kinda brought them back in the first place

Those that dwell hidden among humanity must be very dark indeed so we heroes fight in the Suns name.

What cool video game will you base you story next. dear op ?

>Necromancers accidentally revive Nimrod

Oh fuck the hell yes.

I want grumpy unfun grognards to go.

Come the fuck on gramps, dinosaurs make everything better. OP's scenario would work pretty awesome if the "ancient warrior kings" also had some kind of dinocentric culture. "Lord of the Tyrant Lizards" is a much cooler enemy than some banal warrior poet.

>Nimrod behelds marvels of our architecture and starts building The Tower 2.0

>"What is your will oh mighty Nimrod"

"I shall build a great tower! One whose peak touches the heavens!"

>"We already have those."

"What? Really?"

>"Yeah dude they're called skyscrapers. They're all over New York"

And then the entire rest of the campaign is just the PCs trying to find Nimrod and stop him from being the most obnoxious tourist the WoD's Big Apple has ever seen.

>Build a space-scraping omega tower
>Fuck-up Earth's gravity

>warlock calls upon the spirit of an ancient emperor that once united the world under his iron fist
>Nothing happens

>One was the best fighter who ever lived, one was a powerful magician/stratigist, one still has a cult dedicated to him.

One was a group of bloodbound soldiers who shared the same soul.
One was an amorphous blob that ate a god.
One was a giant who lost himself to a bloodthirsty curse.
One was a frail prince who rejected his destiny.

And so on...

>The same boring cliche: Episode N-th

>An apprentice necromancer unearthes a variation of the Naglfar, which crosses the oceans, attacks other ships and sets siege to coastal cities with endless swarms of undead, including the reanimated corpses of great pirate kings and marine admirals it gathered on its path of destruction

>giant warrior kings
They were big guys...

How about a shaman, with his dying words, cursing a pack of vikings that just raided their village, to never reach their destination (home/New York), and that this curse needs a blood sacrifice, but the shaman dies half-way through and the curse gets fucked up. The vikings become immortal/undead after they die from starvation or old age, as they sail forever. One day they appear in New York (the spell was like 99% complete, so that moment is the 1%)

>Raises Charlemagne
"Curse you Saxon Dogs!
>First Cultist gets run through by the first Holy Roman Emperor
"What an age I have been awoken to"
>Undead Frankish Giant Goes to the Zoo and Movies.

Can you say unintentional children's comedy?

>and then nothing happens because they refuse to return from the feasting and fighting of warrior heaven
>frustrated necromancer cult gets rolled up by regular patrolmen
>irate necromancer adept is caught and willing to confess and work with the authorities and PCs
>turns out someone set them up
>but who?
>and why?

when the investigators return all the ruined and pillaged graves are mysteriously are in order, there are strange, scrawling tracks in the dust and all the gigantic skeletons are reinterredexcept one

Alternately, Nimrod learns about modern architecture and engineering, and begins building a space elevator.

>Alternately, Nimrod learns about modern architecture and engineering, and continues construction on his space elevator.
Fixed

It's been done to death, but I still like it.

>doesn't matter the context, things that were cool to me as a kid should be shoehorned into everything!
Or maybe creativity isn't the paint by number application of popular tropes.

>One was the best fighter who ever lived, one was a powerful magician/stratigist, one still has a cult dedicated to him.

That sounds super generic and boring. You're basically just going and doing the obvious archetypes. At least the inclusion of T-Rexes has some slight uniqueness to it.

>construction of the space elevator is completed
Finally, someone who gets shit done.

That Thor MAX series sucked
In fact every MAX series sucked
Except maybe Punisher but that was still hit or miss

Vikings was great, heathen.

>The great warrior kings were, in fact, not great warriors. They were instead, highly imaginative, clever and quick-witted strategists who only failed to conquer the world because their soldiers couldn't bear to stay from home for too long.

>In death, the soldiers wish to make this up to their masters and so, have fooled the necromancers who first slaved them into thinking the soldiers were mindless undead who knew naught but where to dig for their betters. The Kings use their will to break their captor's power and instead, slave them into mindless magic-using puppets.

>The Six Kings then hunt for their descendants, eager to reunite with their blood relatives to make them the world conquering masters that is their family blood right.