How to make the most unpleasant, creepy race? Something you wouldn't even want to see much less fight with...

How to make the most unpleasant, creepy race? Something you wouldn't even want to see much less fight with. I know I want them to combine both screwing with the mind (as a side effect, they don't go out of their way to terrify anyone) dealing huge physical pain (but again they don't mean to torture people for the sake of it it's just their weapons and experiments make other races scream while they themselves would merely flinch if they were exposed to their effects). I want them to feel disconnected and superior they don't consider battles battles they consider them a harvest and death of their comrades is seen as unfortunate work accident not a heroic death or regular occurence.

So basically I need few more details and some nice art of fucked up looking aliens or fantasy races.

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Health/memphis-woman-world-fingernails-growing-hair/story?id=16974423.
youtube.com/watch?v=hBlBtP3-x_w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The race uses pain as communication, and I don't mean simple messages I'm talking full blown language.

As for psychological, make them like the reapers from mass effect. They evolved as an inherently dominant species and just passively indoctrinate lesser species by being around them for long periods of time.

>inb4 Kender jokes

Sapient man sized bobbit worms.

Strogg/borg types

They much rather capture you than kill you and then experiment or force you into their ranks.

You sick fuck.

their hands should have bobbit worms which extend from the palms, which is how they eat. its painful. extremely. and supposedly they absorb your soul and you live in anguish forever from your perspective, and at least for the life of the X creepy creature.
hands because this makes shaking their hands really intimidating.
make them somehow highly resistant to conventional weaponry. i suggest a psychic shield, but if you're cool with it let them just be super tough like a xenomorph.

They're not civilised, but False Hydra are pretty damn scary

Give them the minds of children, but bottomless, unceasing, gnawing hunger.

They have no concept of life or death, so they don't fear death, nor do they mourn it.
They have no concept of individuals besides "Me" and "Other", so they do not feel altruism.
War is simply a way to feed. Fatalities on their own side are a gain, since it's more meat to feed on.
They'd probably be insectoid in appearance, or worse, they'd be sculpted in some Gigeresque manner from the corpses of their fallen enemies and bretheren alike.

They have weird goals.

Cenobites consider reaching new heights of sensation the best thing, don't see a big gap between pain and pleasure and they want you to join the club. Their rewards are your punishments. Their psychology is so different - that is why they are such a great horror concept.

A parasitic organism similar to The Thing, full on body horror style race. It is able to reproduce through fission when isolated but prefers to absorb other organisms. Very difficult to detect when it's not attacking.

Changelings, sleeper agents sent by eldritch abominations to infiltrate humanity for unknown purposes. Each changeling has a human mask, the mask is essentially a magical AI that believes itself to be human. Changelings can spend years or decades in cover but may without warning reveal themselves to be inhuman monsters

Or make them look like human children

You don't go full on body horror, for one thing. Gore is an amateur's shorthand for 'I don't know what's scary'. Sure, it can be unpleasant, but take any violent game or movie, after a while, it become commonplace to the viewer.

You also run the risk of coming on too strong, of trying too hard to be scary and weird and this will backfire terribly in many ways from people not caring, not wanting to talk about it to people laughing about it.

For creepiness, you need to pervert the familiar. Take something every day and give it an unpleasant spin. You can't aim for actual fear or terror, but you can aim for a pleasant shiver down the spine or an adverse reaction like a curled lip or involuntary 'jeez'. Something that makes a person go 'Damn, that's creepy'.

When they kill livestock or game animals (possibly humanoids, too) for food, they discard the meat and soft tissues. Additionally, they view the players as being odd for eating these parts of an animal. Instead, they savor nails, bones, and teeth.

Scoop out the marrow, snap and twist apart bones, and gnaw on them like a dog. Bowls of teeth much as we have bowls of candy, where they pop them into their mouths and savor the flavor as they crunch and crack them to get at the root.

Where these tissues are harvested from isn't a big deal. Livestock, enemies, the dead, casualties of war - it's all okay.

For horrific experiments, they can take captives from times of war, extend their lifespans, and make them into living tissue farms. The living farms are provided with the nice cuts of meat that their captors personally find repugnant, are given reasonably nice living spaces, decent amenities, and are kept quite healthy by the medically advanced horror race. However, the magical/chemical ministrations of the horrors cause supernumerary teeth to grow beneath the skin and in muscle tissue, forming growing welts under the skin, and gnarled masses of misshapen bone tissue that juts out from other bones like a cancerous growth.

Skilled surgeons will wait until these growths have sufficiently developed, excise the skin, pull the teeth and saw off the bone growths before they grow large enough to endanger the host, and to allow the process to carry on from the start.

If players should attempt to free the farmed captives, they are met with protest from the very ones they are trying to save. The growths cause great torment to the captives, and as horrific as it may be, the surgical removal is the only relief they get until the parts once again begin to get too large. Knowing this, but not knowing if their condition will taper off with time, or if it can ever be reversed, the captives are terrified at the thought of the agony they stand to suffer should they be separated from their masters. They do not want you to try and save them.

Similar to 's comment on cenobites "their rewards are your punishments" nature creeping people out, this is the new race showing players that they can distort and pervert the wills of those they capture to unthinkable ends.

Their weapons or magic could cause calcification of the skin or muscle, or cause nails to grow from hair follicles abcnews.go.com/Health/memphis-woman-world-fingernails-growing-hair/story?id=16974423. All in all, something somewhat similar to some sort of petrification effect.

Maybe it can have some fairly simple cure, which makes it not too hard to procure, or to fight against their forces, but those that fight against them stress to no end about having enough of a stock for their armies, and in particular, each soldier sent to the front line is always wondering if they have enough on hand. It would be as crazy to go to fight with without this cure as it would be to go without a weapon.

Oh something I had been considering for a sci-fi setting. A race of artificial biological beings that are made to gather information, They attempt to maximize sensation, no sensation is seen as "Bad" They also often engage in combat to learn about enemies/friends. They consider killing unethical as it robs a being of the ability to feel. They capture enemies and try to "teach them" by enhancing every sensation, biologically augmenting them to experience forms of pain completely alien to the human mind (and augmenting the mind to comprehend the pain) They have created planet sized brains entirely dedicated to feeling pain, every nerve in agaony beyond human comprehension, A god in constant anguish.

The Thing -level mimics or creatures that can perfectly morph into human beings in physical appearance and even behave and interact like them.

Combines old school paranoia with huge body-horror potential. Now wonder the original Thing film is such a great movie to this day.

Alternatively a race of transdimensional/ethereal mothmen like from the movie The Mothman Prophecies that play with human thoughts, memories and emotions and do generally inexplinable ayy lmao stuff would be genuinely creepy as well.

I like the bobbit worm in hands idea altough I think some sort of leeches would fit better. By painful you mean for the aliens themselves or for the victims?

That's fucking disgusting and weird I like it.

I made a race like this. They came from a planet that had this weird energy draining effect, so they evolved the means to drain other creatures of their 'souls' with lamprey like mouths on their palms. They mostly used it on animals but draining sentient beings gave them a huge rush and a massive power boost.

The Black Eyed children...

OP, I'm not telling you to gtfo or trying to be cruel, but have you considered asking /x/ for advice? Then coming back to Veeky Forums for detail work.

>brutish, violent humans with ape-like facial characteristics, wire-like hair and dark skin

BAM done.

Make them stupid white males DUH!!!

...so the Wraith from Stargate Atlantis?

You could look at the Forkrul Assail from the Malazan Book of the Fallen series for inspiration.
>pale white/gray
>no hair, long limbs with extra joints, extra joints in face/chest that allows for complex expression
>killed their race's god to absorb its power
>use vocal magic to command/kill/rip things apart
>obscenely strong and hard to kill

The "Cronenbergers" rank worse than Videodrome on the scale of Awful:
youtube.com/watch?v=hBlBtP3-x_w