Am I the only one who hates the 5e official character sheets?

Am I the only one who hates the 5e official character sheets?

I think they waste space with the personality traits/flaws section and could have made better use of the space with either spell slots/day or a larger features and traits section.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B7xPMsRdt-gfRnFZcHQ2eVU0YTQ/view?pref=2&pli=1
mediafire.com/download/dpr4cg3arp5ire2/Current Standard v1.4.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's wrong with devoting one whole sheet to things that everyone uses, and having things like spell slots on a different page? skimping out on other things to make room for spells on the main sheet means it's a waste of space for players who don't choose to go down that path. In my experience, it's the personality trait parts are as big as they need to be for players to fit the traits on it.

The second page has a huge box dedicated to additional features and the third page is dedicated to spellcasting.

High level games it seems more useful to have more space for more relevant skills while the personality stuff, while used by nearly every group it is still an optional rule and I think more suited to the background page.

By the time you're level 5 I don't think you need a constant reminder of your personality traits and flaws right there. I think it's better used for shorthand keeping track of stuff like ammo, spell slots and so on.

I also think that gear and currency better belong on a separate page two because that's something that is going to get rather large as the game progresses.

>I think they waste space with the personality traits/flaws section and could have made better use of the space with either spell slots/day or a larger features and traits section.
I agree with this. I think a spell per day tracker or ammo tracker would have been much better, then they could put the backstory stuff on a different sheet.

Also the equipment section is a joke. The starting equipment packages alone take up that whole space even if I write tiny as all hell. I pretty much have to either get a whole new sheet or track my inventory with excel. Even the treasure section of the second sheet is way too small.

I've physically pasted over that section with an ammo tracker I made on a piece of paper.

I keep track of my inventory on this bag/pouch sheet I got off of Reddit.

Has anyone found a solid character folio for 5e yet? Like the paizo one for pathfinder?

>I keep track of my inventory on this bag/pouch sheet I got off of Reddit.
I'd like to see that.

Personally, I'd probably be happy if someone just made the squire app usable on desktop.

What if my character doesn't have any spells? That's a big blank spot on my sheet.

Maybe you're an archer with different kinds of ammo, or a fighter with special abilities, or perhaps a paladin with a squire following you with a weapon rack full of gear for special occasion...

D&D almost always has bad official character sheets. Par for the course, really. D&D being bad I mean.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B7xPMsRdt-gfRnFZcHQ2eVU0YTQ/view?pref=2&pli=1

You forgot to plug GURPS and call everyone insults while acting like you're trying to help us

Anyone have any good alternate sheets?

I prefer ones with fancy art or neartly condensed info. Hate wasted space.

Not the original requestor but thanks user, that looks cool. I run a game where players don't keep track of inventory very well with various excuses about writing space. This should shut them up...

I liked the 4e character builder sheet, mainly because you could rearrange the panels and make them as big or small as you saw fit

You're welcome.

>3rd level character has a 6 page sheet
>only gets lengthier from there
My only real complaint about 4e

This is a pretty shitty sheet

I'm getting into D&D, new to it. Is there a real benefit to buying Dungeon Master's Guide or can I get away with just buying the starter pack?

You wot? I'm 19th-level in 4e and I have a 1 page character sheet + 2 pages to print out large screencaps of my powers. What information do you have on your sheet?

It's not just D&D. Sections being too small or a section devoted to something that a lot of characters won't have is pretty common across a lot of RPGs.

I made a 1-page excel stat sheet for my character. It has 5 basic parts.
>Name block/race/class
>Tracked features/ammo, prepared spells
>MM style stat block
>Ideal/bonds/flaws for quick reference (mostly use this as DM)
>Equipment

I can fit 4-5 characters on 1 page as DM, and as a player I can basically print a notebook card out and bring some spell cards.

>too many sheets

I'm playing a caster in 5e and right now I'm using three sheets
>main sheet (base stats, class features, attacks)
>spell sheet (entirely devoted to DCs, attack bonus, prepped spells, spells per day)
>equipment sheet, includes equipment locations (i.e. top of backpack, worn, belt, etc), and separate boxes for sacks, pouches, and pockets. Includes capacity of each container type.

I may add a second equipment sheet once I have a pack animal, to clearly show what's on my PC's person and what's in the saddlebags. The only reason I care so much about precise equipment tracking is because of bad experiences with DMs giving me shit about things like encumbrance or saying "your X was stolen, so Y and Z were lost".

If it's your first time DMing I suggest it, it has a lot of tips and tricks on how to keep your game running smoothly. If you have already DMed before you can probably get away with starting contents and then graduating to the Players Handbook. Even if you're experienced I suggest getting it eventually as it has some handy tools like random generators and the sort.

Thanks!

TIL roleplaying details is a waste of space in a roleplaying game.

Fuck off reddit

having trouble uploading the one i use.
Here's a link to it. tell me how you like it.

FML. uploaded wrong pdf and didnt put link.
this is the one i use.
mediafire.com/download/dpr4cg3arp5ire2/Current Standard v1.4.pdf