Red:

Red:
-Has exclusive access to the ability to turn cards into directly into mana.
-Can convert mana and cards directly into damage via burn and haste.
-Can generate card advantage efficiently from a position of having zero cards, which completely negates the weaknesses of the above things.
-Can generate card advantage efficiently as long as it uses the cards immediately, which it can always do because of the above things.

In a game about dealing damage to win, how is red not obviously the best color?

Red isn't the best because burn isn't all that efficient in terms of what you get out of each card, and red draw is laughable in the formats where it's legal.

Best way to learn something is to experience it for yourself.

>In a game about dealing damage to win, how is red not obviously the best color?
Because in a game where you deal damage to win, the best way to win is to prevent the other buy from dealing damage, through the use of counterspells/removal.
For this reason, blue is the best color.

In a game where removal runs rampant, the best way to win is to have protection from removal and play as many small spells as possible.

In this way, White is the best colour.

In a game where big creatures take basically no damage for little ones big powerful creatures are obviously bettter.

Therefore, green is the best colour.

In a game where the goal is to win, the best way to win is to do anything to win.

Therefore, black is the best colour.

Red can never effectively draw cards on its own, and giving cards to your enemies is tantamount to suicide.

-Nonpermanent mana sources take up cards in hand, reducing your odds of having something to do with your mana, and can't be deployed in advance like the permanents everyone has access to through artifacts (not to mention G)
-WotC is specifically afraid of this getting out of hand, which is why Red's color pie is so often "Something another color gets, especially Blue, but worse"
-It's not efficient
-It's not efficient, and it can't always do it because no color is guaranteed good draws

It's funny that if those were the only mechanics each of those colors had only green would win. Red would just run itself out of cards, Blue and White would just be a schoolyard kid holding his hands over his face until he gets beat the hell out of, and unfortunately that post about black was literally just dogshit and so overgeneralized it is literally useless

It's conditional, therefore it must be more efficient. That's how balance works.

>Has exclusive access to the ability to turn cards into directly into mana.

exclusive
ex·clu·sive
adjective
1. excluding or not admitting other things.
2. restricted or limited to the person, group, or area concerned.

Your thread is shit.

Are you the same retard who keeps claiming things from Time Spiral to be valid precedent?

I assume he's very new, since A: He doesn't know rituals were once Black but have mostly moved to red, and B: Trying to say one color is obviously best is like saying winter apparel is best all around the world.

But blue is actually objectively the best color.

No, that's me. This time around I was going to mention colorless artifacts until posted that.

Yeah, with creatures like snappy, goyf, and storm crow, how can they lose?

That strategy is pretty fragile and too likely to just fizzle. Just like the Prosperous Bloom deck from the mid nineties.

Your new player is showing.

>red draw is laughable in the formats where it's legal.
>Wheel of Fortune

( ´_ゝ`)

Oh look, another thread where Veeky Forums is bad at magic.

>love playing red in EDH
>everyone just shits on red all the time
>try other colors
>never have to learn to play properly since i can just tutor up whatever answers i need whenever i need them
>never have to learn how to use my stuff more efficiently because i can just draw more cards easily
>never have to learn to deal with a low mana pool since i can just shit out infinite mana by turn 4
>never have to learn to deal with bad enchantments and spells since i can just counterspell or remove them
>get bored out of my skull
>go back to red
>be useless for most of the time but then play battle hymn and drop my hand with haste on the board and deal lethal damage to a friend
>"wtf user stop comboing, red is so fucking stupid gay just play simcity with us you fucking lamer"
>get board wiped and my krenko gets counterspelled every time i try to bring him out the rest of the game
>"user im gonna hvae to ask you to stop playing krenko... and no more land destruction or insurrection either.. red is just too good for edh *sips on free card advantage and mana ramp*"

still happier playing red than green lmao

Gives your opponent seven cards. It's draw, but it isn't CA - which can be important in the burn game, but God help you if you give your opponent another untap step or two with a full grip.

WHO /BEST COLOR/ HERE?