Warmachine and Hordes General

Smexy Convergence Thread.

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5e4p5
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

Old thread

Weapon Attachment question. If the base unit has assault, does the WA? For example, Assault Kommandos/Flame Thrower.

Is the assault being given by an officer, or is it on the card itself?

What is Khador's best way to deal with a Dire Troll Mauler? I played a 25 point game against a Trollkin player today, and he had this guy. While admittedly he did get lots of lucky rolls, this Mauler still managed to solo both my Juggernaut and Marauder in 2 turns. And then the -1 damage dice Feat pretty much prevented any meaningful counter attack. I'm now terrified of this thing.

It was the feat really. Though the DTM is pretty awesome as far as the hordes beatstick heavies go.

Basically, you gotta soften it up with shooting, find a way to slow it down, or piece trade for it. The feat makes piece trading for it quite difficult.

Solos like Alten Ashley are great. Grievous wounds turns off its snacking and regeneration while the gun deals d3+3 damage to any desired location. With 2 shots, you may be able to kill of its spirit. Without a spirit, the warbeast is not able to be forced and due to grievous wounds, the spirit will not be coming back.

So has the Mk3 rulebooks for the different factions actually come out? Where can I find the revised rules for the factions themselves?

I only just now noticed that she has a hostered gun. So it's Skarre 2, not Skarre 1.

I want to get into Mercs, because I really like the whole history of Llael, Ashlynn, and all that. Would anyone happen to have the MKIII books with the actual faction information, and not just the rules digest, so that way I can see what the hell the changes to the faction are?

The Mk3 faction books aren't out yet.

If you want the revised model/unit rules, they're in the Faction Decks. Or War Room. Should be a download for the decks in the OP.

Right, but the full Prime rulebook (i.e. not the free one off Privateer's site) would have that info.

Of course, it helps if I'm not a windowlicker and completely miss the last link in the OP for the Faction deck, as mentioned. That would at least be a start, until the hardcover is uploaded somewhere.

download the old mk2 books and read up

It's on the Assault Kommando card, under Leader &Grunts

Do they just have the Assault advantage, or do they have something saying the unit gains assault?

Let me look real fast.

Ok, so no, Assault Kommanders can't assault, because it's an advantage.

They do, however, have gunfighter, so they can declare charges with their flame throwers. They just have to make it into melee to make the spray.

Assault Kommando flame throwers, that is.

So there might be confusion, and some people might say they can, because in Mk2 assault was an order, so the whole unit benefited from it. But now, in Mk3, it's a special rule on their card, so models without it can't use it(unless something gives it to them).

Anyone have the new NQ to share with the class?

Okay, thank you! I'm assuming I can charge my own units yes? If so, making it into melee probably won't be that hard >_>

>I'm assuming I can charge my own units yes?

no

Why not? I was under the impression I could target them.

you can only charge non-friendly models now

Humbug

Ive actually got an idea. TWO squads of Cinerators in High Reclaimer or Kreoss2 lists. How stupid is that? Or how viable is that?
Whoa thats quite tough.

BTW requesting Troll Deck.

It's "Pirate Queen", so Skarre1. PP might just have missed the gun.

on a scale of 1-10 how cuh-razy am I

Idk. Angels are still retarded, they just lost the casters that used them the best.

What does kryssa give them?

plus 3 strength on feat turn

>Smexy

Jesus christ I haven't heard anyone use that word since I was a teenager.

Well you really didn't hear him use it either.

Could someone share Into the Storm novel in pdf. The one from OP does not open (other novels work fine).

So I think a podcast just single-handedly put me off of ever going to a Warmachine convention. Crippled System just gave their girlfriends their own vagina-only podcast, primary topic being the WITC, and holy shit it's bad.

Like an hour of "hahaha vaginas", "we're going to complain about everything because we can't win games", and "MUH MYSOGGYKNEE", all constantly interrupted by shrill harpy laughs about every 30 seconds. The fact that these people and their inevitable dozen-strong pack of nu-male orbiters are going to be slumming around every convention waiting to ruin it for anyone who won't bow before their vaginal superiority is putting me off something fierce.

Why do you say that? What did they miss? (apart from an opportunity to do a model for a faction that doesn't already have exclusive models)

What are you even trying to say? If you don't enjoy a podcast, don't listen to it.

The entire Muse on Minis crew are a bunch of huge bleeding Manginas, this isn't news.

>What are you even trying to say?
These are the people that go to Warmachine conventions. Knowing that a vocal group of public figures in the relatively small community are literal feminazis is rather offputting.

>These are the people that go to Warmachine conventions.
Yes and? What eman words did they use to trigger you bad enough that you had to whine on Veeky Forums about it?

You seem to be the triggered one here. Are we not allowed to talk about the Warmachine community in Warmachine General anymore?

I apologize for offending your vagina.

Am I? You can discuss anything WMH here. I just find it childish that you come here to whine over some or other podcaster saying something you don't like.

Ok, now this might come as a shock since Warmahordes General doesn't actually play Warmahordes, but this is a two-player game, and if your opponents are a bunch of vapid cunts who are going to passive-aggressively whine because you're beating them (which obviously makes you a misogynist shitlord), it tends not to be very fun.

Now I might be going out on a limb here, but
>So I think a podcast just single-handedly put me off of ever going to a Warmachine convention.
leads me to believe that the point here is that an entire weekend playing against such people when you paid a ton of money to travel to a convention would basically be the worst thing ever.

I know reading comprehension is hard but I'm here for you, I've got a PHD or something.

Great. You had your rant. Now take your gender politics bullshit and take it to some place that cares. Maybe /pol/.

>gender politics
People being dicks is gender politics now?
People being sore losers are gender politics?

You're reading awfully deep here.

if it isn't a phd, what is it?
and can i touch it?
>i'll be gentle

i would far sooner wipe some skoom's army off the table than do it to some quality person. hell, if i liked my opponent i might play in a more fun manner - ie kill you with my support pieces or something that is not a phd.

Wow trigger warning

Go back to Saudi Arabia, that cast wasn't any worse than any other new players cast.

Quoted the wrong comment. You don't have to go.

You can stay

>All these posts
Anons, chill. If you don't like a podcast, don't listen to it. If you don't like a person, don't hang out with them. Easy.

Yes, it's true, if you go to a major tourney or con, you may have to play against and/or interact with people you'd prefer not to. It may be someone with strong political views. It may be a rules lawyer. It may be someone who hasn't showered in 3 weeks. No getting around it, that's life. Sometimes you have to deal with people you don't like.

But at the end of the day, this community is big enough for everybody.

fekn wot?
>it seems you have misclicked

but you get my upboat

Reposting request from the other thread

>fekn wot?
Hey, kids, look! A Guy Ritchie character.

wish i could.
i need it too.
think he's close to unchanged. apart from points cost obviously. he is in current mk3 WHAC.

Too bad most male players fit this description as well

>all of this drama
>my local meta has no drama
>my national meta has close to no drama
This indeed feels Goodman.

Cant we go back to taking about how bad Skorne is?

>HELLO. I am a WHALE newcomer.
Hey, hey! I've been playing WarmaHordes for

It was confirmed as Skarre1 already

Biggest drama for us is realizing battleboxes are really imbalanced against eachother. We are lucky.

ohgod

It's Crippled System, even if they showed up in strength it's like 10 people. Unless you're in their meta I like your odds

It's stuff like this that makes me think we really need a place for just us guys to not have to worry about being confronted with different people or ideas we don't like. Some sort of "Safe Space."

Posting 75 point list. Please tell me if trash

Tanith the Fealsong
Feral Warpwolf
Feral Warpwolf
Pureblood Warpwolf
Argus Moonhound

Reeves of Orboros x10
- Chieftain and Standard
Wolves of Orboros x10
- Chieftain and Standard
Sentry Stone & Mannikins

Blackclad Wayfarer
Lanyssa Ryssyll

WoO are not great, sadly. They're squishy and don't really do much outside of minifeat turn. I could see a case made for them on Wurmwood because cheap souls, but for Tanith there are a lot of better options. You also don't really need a second feral. One is great, two is iffy.

Confirmed best warcaster right here.

Is there a reason that guardman looks almost happy to be a meatshield?

He's probably actually being saved by Malakov, given that Ed said he was using him as a meat shield.

How big are those werewolf models?

I don't play warmahordes, but the werewolves look pretty good but I have no idea how big they are relative to like a coke can.

About half the size of a can. They're on a 50 mm base.

>Guardsman drops rifle as he's being shot
>Malakov making no effort to stop shooting and retreat
>Bullet trajectory means that they'd be hitting the warcaster if not for the poor chump in the way
>He's probably actually being saved
Yeah, no. This is Sacrificial Pawn: The Drawing.

Oh I just saw the blasts on the dude's chest. Yeah that is the happiest human shield..

Too bad his sculpt like gay as fuck

I think it's just a little boring, not really bad. Some simple reposing should make it look a lot better.

Hell, given the stance, it likely wouldn't be that hard to mimic the picture.

Is his new sculpt leaked?

Oh.

Thank you though.

man, super bland I hope this is just a bad angle and its better in person.

All the new warcaster models have been kind of uninspired so far. I guess I'll just wait on buying Jakes until general release.

I don't mind the new Elara, there's motion to the model without getting too crazy. Super easy to put on a dynamic base and look good.

What about now?

Tanith the Fealsong
Feral Warpwolf
Warpwolf Stalker
Pureblood Warpwolf

Reeves of Orboros x10
- Chieftain and Standard
Sentry Stone & Mannikins
Tharn Ravagers x6

Blackclad Wayfarer
Lanyssa Ryssyll
War wolves x2 (iffy about these, but points)

I could also turn the stalker back into a feral, get rid of the wolves, and just take more Mannikins?

Might be the best of the bunch. Menite looks alright though.

Elara has gone full waifu material.

Just look at that, beautiful.

Double sentry stone is a pretty standard build, but I like war wolves with reeves on hard targets or things with tough. Ravagers are probably gonna be the weak point of this list, but they're still not bad, just gonna have to be careful that they don't just all die on the way in.

So Hungerford said Elara has Field Marshal [Retalitory Strike]. I don't get how that makes much sense for an assassin-y theme at all. Would have preferred Parry or Dodge.

I hope she isn't assassin themed, Ret already has a shitload of assassin casters.

She was raised in a cult where most Mage Hunter Assassins are trained. There's no avoiding assassin themes for her.

>My weapon is more dangerous to me than my enemy.

So do we know the rules for Aiakos yet? He should be out at GenCon

I mean, in aethestics, sure, but on the actual table they can do whatever the fuck they want.

I assume his rules will hit in Gencon.

Their rules should be updated on War Room on release day.

We only know few tidbits like
Elara - Field Marshal [Retalitory Strike]
Aiakos - Something involving Assault & +3 SPD (probably his feat)
Malakov - Battlegroup that cannot be knocked down, has Parry, and has Hyper Aggressive.
Durant - Manifest Destiny
Jakes - Field Marshal [Sprint]

The funny thing is, some of their weapons looked a lot better.

>Perspective on the front blade is straight fucked
>Looks like its flat is facing the viewer
Hate to be nitpicky, but something so in the front of the image it's... pretty distracting.

Isnt gencon today?

The short story about her actually brings this up

In the short story for Elara's background lore they explicitly mentioned that all the weapons used by the assassin cult were just as capable of killing their wielder as their target by design.

Week off.

It's 4th-7h

Muh Darth maul

Elara2 has Field Marshal: Retaliatory Strike

is PP even trying to keep factions balanced anymore?

How is that unbalanced?

Malakov is said to give his battlegroup steady, parry, and hyperagressive.

more like are they even pretending to care that that is a goal of theirs. clearly not.