/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Pathetic Imga Edition.

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
No waifus or husbandos except for the bright and terrible angel of Veloth in his pre-chimerical form, demonic VEHK, gaunt and pale and beautiful, skin stretched painfully thin on bird's bones, feathered serpents encircling his arms.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24467
zain3399.deviantart.com/.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I actually like ES:Legends

Tell me about its lore

These weekends are starting early. I certainly consider Friday my "Weekend" because I work the four 10 schedule.

Ahem.

What is the best culture in TES and why is it the Sload?

Nords follow the old pantheon
redguards like weapons
Dunmer are very good at getting shit done when they die
The main story may or may not be just a story a mothpriest is telling to inspire a woman to ask her wounded warchief for a mask so she could lead the charge without anyone suspecting anything.
I really hope it is cause otherwise lord Naarifin who took the imperial capital was somehow a high elf daedra worshipper who planned to sacrifice everyone in the city. Under the eye of the Thalmor no less. Also the emperor wasn't the one who took back the city but a nameless hero who killed a dremora for the goldbrand and thats why it was seen in the fight

Thalmor are daedra worshippers.

Is there a main story?

>Also the emperor wasn't the one who took back the city but a nameless hero who killed a dremora for the goldbrand and thats why it was seen in the fight
Wow that sucks. The Medes were supposed to be secret Boethiah worshipper.

yep, there is a story mode
it begins in a war camp of some kind and some owl companioned dude who is apparently a mothpriest starts telling a story about you, a nameless hero
there was a debate over at reddit wethever the story was true or just made up

And when is it set up?

I like it, so that I can lurk during slow hours at work, and so that I have something to look forward to when I get home.

I usually make it around that time, don't know about other OPs

How fun is it? Never got into card games, but I might try it out.

Even Lady N thinks the lore is shit, and suggest that we must just see it as a in-universe story. The plot is just bad.

I might play it if it's fun tho.

>Moraelyn used Rose as his symbol
>He belonged to Ra'athim clan
>Ra'athim clan was part of House Mora
>Nerevar was Mora by birth
>Nerevar was Azura's champion
>One of Azura's symbols is a rose

A proficient individual from any House may become an Ordinator.

I think it's good. I work saturday, sunday and monday to close.

I thought Ordinators were only house Indoril, but Buoyant Armigers could be from any House.

>So many Ordinators come from House Indoril that the armor style is known as 'Indoril' armor, though knights of all Great Houses may serve as Ordinators.

That's awesome. Now if only the game would let me wear the armor without them beating the shit out of me (especially when I'm the fucking patriarch of the temple tribunal).

Just make a mod.

Would he have been Nerevar's father then?

I understand that Daedra worship is becoming prevalent in the Summerset Isles.

I think they were just contemporaries.

I'm pretty sure Antares Big Mod lets you.

The Ra'athim truly are the greatest dynasty in the history of Tamriel.

>only to resurface again when Almsivi are done with an Indoril are in shambles
Sadras confirmed new house Mora

From Father of the Niben:

>Then exultation turned to terror as a great shadow rose
>From the trees on leathered wings like a unfurling Cape.
>The great bat lizard was large as the ship, but good pilot Topal merely raised his bow, and struck it in its Head.
>It is tempting to imagine it a dragon, but the creature that Topal faces at the beginning of this fragment sounds like an ancestor of the cliffracer of present day Morrowind. The treacherous cliff coastline sounds like the region around Necrom, and the island of Gorne may be where the nest of the "bat lizard" is. No creatures like that exist in eastern Morrowind to my knowledge at the present day.

From Twin Secrets;

>I have even done the unthinkable. I have spoken to a dragon.
>Dragons are said to be gone from the world. Yet I found one. Sheltered in the smoking ruins of Vvardenfell, I came upon it. My magic proved to be sufficient to defeat the beast. If that gives you cause to wonder, I will not deny that I was once a pyromancer of great skill.

I'm wondering why people on Tamriel don't believe in dragons when there's plenty that have been hiding, not just killed by the dragonguard and later raised by Alduin.

Would you believe someone if they said they just saw a T-Rex a few towns over?

Probably cause the received wisdom is that they've all been slain. It's not like anyone beyond Kent Hovind or Ken Hamm would fund an expedition to look for dinos in the Congo, dragons on Tamriel occupy a similar historical niche (except for being factual of course.)

As far back as the book he was introduced in it was alleged that Naarifin was spirited away from his imprisonment on top of White-Gold by Daedra, so there is that precedent.

They aren't, though some individuals might be.

Lel no, it's the other way around.
The Thalmor came into power following the Oblivion Crisis, and they did so on a staunchly anti-Daedra platform. They claimed that it was their blood and their magic that had saved the Summurset Isles from Dagon's forces. They persecuted and dealt with those who challenged that narrative.

The connection between Naarifin and daedra mentioned in Legate Justianus Quintius's work on the Great War, but it's far from a indisputable account:
>It is not recorded where his body was buried, if it was buried at all. Once [sic] source claims he was carried off by a winged daedra on the thirty-fourth day.
It's possible, yes, but far from certain.

And fun fact:
The only other occurrence of the name Naarifin is as the name of a female Bosmer.
So either there's a Bosmeri girl with a male Altmeri name, or there's a Altmer dude with a female Bosmeri name.
Or the names have different genders in different cultures, but that's not as much fun.

To the user who suggested living in a Velothi tower, how do you think that's comfy? There's bones, mazes, undead, and traps everywhere. Admittedly I only checked out 4 or 5 or so, but there seems to be a pattern of uncomfiness.

Is there any Velothi tower in particular that's comfy that I'm missing?

I'm not saying it's definitely what happened, just that the theory isn't something completely made up. Just like the Mede dynasty potentially being Boethiah worshipers, everything comes from a biased source.

Originally I just wrote, "No, they're not [daedra worshipers]", but like the above it's not so completely black and white.

>The only other occurrence of the name Naarifin is as the name of a female Bosmer.
Hmmmmm.

I'm that user. They're great wizard towers if they're cleaned up. Telvanni use them often.

I'm looking for one that's good.

>TFW the weekend thread starts on fridays

Nth for House Dres is best House.

>the weekend thread starts on fridays
it always does, user

It does but I've never gotten used to it.
Because I'm not an oldfag

If you can imagine, the distant antecedent to these threads used to be on /v/.

Let's fix Old Ebonheart. Sorry for possibly bad English.

Old Ebonheart, or Ald'Ebonkhard in Dunmeri tongue, is one of, if not the oldest, city of Morrowind. Its history dates way back to High Velothi age of Merethic Era, long before the Tribunal, when nomadic Chimeri clans first started to move on to settled life. Built near the delta of mighty Thirr, Ebonkhard served as both the main seaport of the Inner Sea and the place of residence for "High Chief of the Clans", Chimeri analog of High Elven High King. The city grew even more powerful when Chimer first discovered Ebony deposits in the mines beneath it. The original Dunmeri name "Ebonkhard", or "Ebony Chiefs", is derived from this, but now the city is more commonly known by its Imperial corruption - Ebonheart.

For centuries the title of High Chief was claimed by individuals belonging to Clan Ra'athim - to this day one of the most influental families in all Tamriel. At that time Ra'athim were also the ruling clan of House Mora, of of the Great Houses of old, now lost to time. Ra'athim's fiefdom included numerous holdings on the eastern bank of River Thirr, stretching as far as modern Almalexia, at that time a vassal city of Ebonkhard and the main mining site for the elusive Adamantium.

cont.

For centuries the title of High Chief was claimed by individuals belonging to Clan Ra'athim - to this day one of the most influental families in all Tamriel. At that time Ra'athim were also the ruling clan of House Mora, of of the Great Houses of old, now lost to time. Ra'athim's fiefdom included numerous holdings on the eastern bank of River Thirr, stretching as far as modern Almalexia, at that time a vassal city of Ebonkhard and the main mining site for the elusive Adamantium.

Ebonkhard's Ra'athims and House Mora continued to grow in wealth and power, their ebony mines burrowing deeper and deeper under the city, until the Nordic invasion of Vrage the Gifted, King of Windhelm, who managed to subjugate the Chimer, including Velothi lands into the First Empire of the Nords under the name of Dunmereth around 1E 240. Ebonkhard was taken by invaders and the royal family was forced to flee. This marked the end of Ra'athim domination, as even after Ra'athim managed to reclaim Ebonkhard almost two centuries later by the heroic actions of King Kronin and his sons Cruethys, Ephen and the famous Moraelyn, the power shifted to the First Council of the Great Houses of Chimer and Dwemer led by another legendary heroes: Nerevar Mora (later Indoril Nerevar) and Dumac the Dwarf King. Moraelyn's descendants continud to rule Ebonkhard until his two grandsons were left as joint heirs, resulting in Ebonheart splitting into two city-states, Ebonkhard and Mournhold, with the second later falling into the hands of House Indoril and Tribunal theocracy.

cont.

Ebonkhard was later endangered by the mysterious genocide of House Mora by Morag Tong, speculatively by orders of Tribune Vehk, and was forced to seek protection from merchant House Hlaalu, to which Ra'athim were connected by their relatives in Kragen Mar. Hlaalu, still the weakest of the Great Houses, were quick to adopt the royal family, which payed off centuries later, when they used this to claim the High King title after the Armistice.

In the following years of Tribunal rule Ebonkhard's position continued to crumble. Ra'athim's Ebonkhard property was exploited by the shrewd Hlaalu, Ebony mines ran dry and the remaining catacombs turned into an organised crime cesspool, birthing the infamous Camonna Tong syndicate, worship of Ephen installed by Moraelyn was rooted out by Tribunal Temple as dangerour heresy. Then, after Tiber Septim's conquest, another blow came - Hlaalu and Imperials chose the Mournhold branch of Ra'athims to bear the High Kingship, destroying Ebonkhard, now Ebonheart's hope for reemergence. Ebonheart Ra'athims desperately tried to find a way to mend their position by any means possible, going as far as supporting the accursed Wolf Queen in the War of Red Diamond, but yet again, to no avail.

Now, three hundred years later, Old Ebonheart remains a weak, crumbling city infested with crime.

Old Ebonheart Districts:

Manor District
Ancient manors built in House Mora architecture style, also seen in Old Mournhold. The last home for the last of Ebonheart Ra'athim.

Main District
Tradehouses and living quarters, modern Hlaalu architecture.

Ebonheart Port

Slums

Catacombs
Camonna Tong main base of operations.

Have you read any of Tamriel Rebuilt's documents about the city?

tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24467

Yes, I didn't like what they did with it. I mean come on, it's fucking Ebonheart.

They did have to reconcile why there was also an Ebonheart on Vvardenfell and also why it was Imperial.

There's Moscow in Russia and Moscow in Kansas and they don't share the same architecture, your point? You can think up a myriad of other possible explanations. Let's say Duke Dren's family hails from Ebonheart too and so the castle on Vvardenfell was named after it.

I've heard a theory before that Trinimac, unlike most other gods, is actually derived from the combination of 3 planetary oversouls instead of just one.
Is there any basis to this or was it just one guy treating his headcanon as hot shit?

I agree, but they are littered with bones that can't be picked up, ans tend to be very winding.

Will keep on looking, but the one that seem best is Andre Maul's Tower.
It's not hard to get used to. I've been here since the beginning and I like it since it works well with my schedule.

nice art senpai

>There's bones, mazes, undead, and traps everywhere
>traps everywhere
My kind of tower.

Do you take commissions?

Google wasn't helping and there's only like 3 pieces of Trinimac fanart on all of DA. I figured zain3399 captures his splendor the best.

Go ask zain3399.deviantart.com/. He's a Rythe Lythandas in the making.
And creative too!
>molag bal and his former self, a sky god named baal (a mix up lore i made)

Are we posting beautiful creations?

>until the Nordic invasion of Vrage the Gifted, King of Windhelm, who managed to subjugate the Chimer, including Velothi lands into the First Empire of the Nords under the name of Dunmereth around 1E 24
>Dunmereth
hol up hol up

Other info:
- The ruler of the city is probably still King Casik (Casik Ra'athim?), at least he was 30 years ago during the Simulacrum. Artifacts Anvil of Mithas and Hammer of Gharen are probably still there.
- In Morrowind, House Hlaalu was divided in 2 factions - a pro-Imperial one loyal to Vedam Dren and Helseth and an anti-Imperial one loyal to Orvas Dren. Ebonheart could serve as the base for anti-Imperial Hlaalu on the Mainland, compared to pro-Imperial Narsis.

Yep.
>The Nords gave to the region the name of Dunmereth from being the land of the Dunmer; but in earlier ages it was called by themselves Resdayn
- PGE1

Oy, you was already told one to shove off with that "republic" nonsense ye shan't be teld again!

>Nerevarine saves Morrowind from Dagoth Ur
>Champion of Cyrodiil saves Tamriel from Mehrune Dagon
>The Last Dragonborn saves Mundus from Alduin
What's next? The scale keeps getting bigger.

The Hero saves all of existence from Numidium

But they were Chimer back then?

nicest guy you'll ever meet and twisted fucking psychopath

I was there the first few times this was posted to virtually no reaction only to check the last thread and see it posted to lots of REEEEEE SACRILEGE.
What's the big deal? Seriously I don't see the issue with this map.

Dagoth Ur was gonig to invade the rest of Tamriel too, IIRC hi endgame was to tear the entire Dreamsleeve asunder.
But then what'll TES 7 be?

The hero kills Sithis

And 8?

Yes.

Remake after remake, with a new and edgy twist.

We /supplantthegodhead/ now

What about 9?

Mantling MK IRL

Anyone up for Scrollhammer?

What's your favourite province, and why?

Morrowind - Cool culture and volcanos and bugs are neat.

>call a province Dunmereth when Dunmer didn't exist yet

>Seriously I don't see the issue with this map.
You're kidding right?

Black Marsh, Argonians are the best bros.

Morrowind, because I'm not a filthy fetcher.

hai Resdaynia ok

I dunno. Maybe Catland.

Cyrodil.

Oblivion was my first ES game, still max comfy.

Cyrodiil sounded like a really interesting place.
and then Bethesda happened...

And then

what dis

dude skooma lmao

Cyrodiil on Morrowind engine.

Looks more or less like I imagined Cheydinhal.

Highrock.

The comfiest, rainiest province. I like a lot of celtic things, and how the politics are always shifting.

Who are the afrocentrists' equivalent in TES?

Thalmor?
>we wuz gods n shiet

Nords?
>we wuz emperors n shiet
>we wuz atmorans n shiet

That's Stirk.

I want memes to leave.

Colovians
>We wuz atmorans n shiet
Nibenese
>We wuz all the Empire n shiet and dem Colovians stole our thunder
Reachmen
>We wuz civillized n shiet
Dunmer
>We wuz superior n shiet
Khajiit
>We went to the moon n shiet
Dwemer
>We existed n shiet

I think it's Stirk.

I want poop 'elves' to leave. Wrothgar is rightful Breton clay.

>The only other occurrence of the name Naarifin is as the name of a female Bosmer
Except in the Altmer's case, it is a surname.

>You're kidding right?
Not that guy but you sure do sound like that meme man /pol/ is about.

Tell us instead of trying to confirm your worth in such a smug fucking way.

Is Stirk its own county in Cyrodiil or is it part of Anvil? Is Solstheim a hold of Skyrim?

While I'm at it, do we know about Black Marsh politics? Does it have holds/counties/houses/city-states like Skyrim, Cyrodiil, Morrowind and High Rock do?

>Is Solstheim a hold of Skyrim?
Solstheim is part of Morrowind, and belongs to house Redoran

>you sure do sound like that meme man /pol/ is about.
What kind of assumption is that? I find /pol/ is cancer. I'll spoonfeed you just this one time.

Take a good look at the made up location, region and province names, and look at the retarded names, everything in the Leyawiin area sounds german for example

There's the Elinor Hegemony outta nowhere, the province shapes are somewhat inaccurate, Skyrim is an empire somehow, Morrowind is a confederation, Argonia is a republic etc.

Nah, not kidding.
The only complaint I can glean is MORROWIND'S NOT A REPUBLIC ROOOOOOO but given it's set after the fragmentation of the Empire that might be accurate for all I know. And even if it isn't it hardly seems like something worth such a tizzy.