Ok Veeky Forums brainstorm time. I recently fell in love with a girl I met through a gaming group...

Ok Veeky Forums brainstorm time. I recently fell in love with a girl I met through a gaming group. I feel she is literally my dream girl and can't stop thinking about her. However due to an incident at the gaming table I stopped talking to the GM of that game. Today the group meets for a session and I'm thinking about a way to try and get her attention, the LGS is currently the only place I get to see her and even then its pretty scarce. Will you dare help me woo this fine young lass?

Give up now. It will just end in tears. It always does. And the pain doesn't get any more bearable.

Why do you say that? Experience?

Yes.

It doesn't ALWAYS end in tears, that's just being cynical. My current GM and his wife met through Shadowrun.

unless the GM literally killed someone or made some kind of unforgivable insult targeted at someone else's race, heritage, religion, upgringing, economic class, age, etc., fucking nut up and talk to them again if you have to.

You're letting your petty bullshit get in the way of a potentially important relationship.

I may be being optimistic but I think it could really work. It may sound silly but when we would talk out of character I felt a connection between us and since we stopped talking I just felt something lacking in my life. In short, I really don't want to be without this girl any longer but I'm not sure how to approach her/ask her out in the middle of my LGS

>I feel she is literally my dream girl and can't stop thinking about her.

Are you sure this isn't just infatuation?

That may be difficult, I was the one who made the mistake. I realize now that it was really really stupid of me, but I said something that the rest of the group wasn't ok with that I thought was ok. I don't want it to define me and I realize now that I made an error.

Its hard to express the difference between the two, its just a matter of feeling. So, yes, I'm sure

if they will let you back in, you need to NUT THE FUCK UP and be humble. Admit that you were wrong at every opportunity, but don't bring it up unless someone else does. Act appropriately. Give others more deference than you usually would. And basically act the way we all do when we do something fucking stupid: "I have no idea why I thought that was a good idea at the time, it really wasn't."

People these days really underestimate how much shit is required for a person to be truly beyond salvage in the eyes of anyone. Look at fucking Trump, and how shit just keeps sliding off of him as he powers ahead. Just do your do and let the bad past slide off of you. People are trained in this day and age to be endlessly forgiving. As long as you don't repeat the mistake, you'll be fine.

Then approach the GM privately and say you're sorry about it. Say that you'd like to play in the group again.

If you're really that in love with the girl then swallow your pride and apologize for the mistake. Get back into the game and chat her up again.

Or approach her outside of the game and ask her how the game is going. Tell her you're sorry about _that_thing_ and could she intercede on your behalf with the GM?

So what did you do, OP? Insult someone's race, creed or sex to their face? Joke about rape in front of a rape victim who isn't game for them? Creepily lust after this girl so painfully obviously everyone can see it?

I hope none of the above, but seriously, give us a ballpark estimate here, the very good "nut up" advice in this thread won't help if you burned all your bridges and acted like a total freak.

Ok, here comes the awkward story time. I still feel stupid telling this story, but I'm past it now and can only grow from it. I was chatting with the girl in question and shot a compliment at her about her body type, apparently people thought I was being creepy even though at the time my intentions were just to tell her I thought she looked nice.

Since we're on the subject, anyone have that screencap of the time tg helped that guy realize one of his players like him?

You are too mentally weak to win a woman.

If you want to prove me wrong, call up the GM and ask to make amends. Regardless of how that goes, ask this girl out. Call her up and say "I'm going to this museum/concert/gallery opening/sex club, you want to come?"

If she says no, forget about her immediately. Getting oneitis for a woman, especially one you're not currently banging, is a classic blunder. It doesn't matter if she's your wife for twenty years, you need to own yourself.

"people thought I was being creepy"
The difference between you, and the next guy who will fuck that girl, is that he would have shrugged off a couple nerds whining, as long as the girl was into it. If you apologize and submit every time someone disapproves of you, people will stomp on you your whole life.

Maybe what you said does call for a casual apology, but I'm guessing it's probably just a case of other weak men trying to drag you down.

yes, definitely nut up. you know not to bring it up again, and half of the people who thought you were creepy were just doing it to try to shut you down. The other half were right, of course.

don't be a faggot and just say something like "I'm sorry, I should have kept the weird compliments to myself, I really like this group and our story and I want to be part of it, so I'm hoping you guys will let me continue with you."

This does two things: first, it is the necessary apology and kowtow. Second, it lets her know that you still think of what you said as a COMPLIMENT, however weird it was. That you were ever trying to compliment someone at all is more important than what was actually said. That goes for guys or girls.

I realize my wording was vague. I mean to say you SHOULD say something like that. Also is right that people were just trying to drag her down and her reaction to your compliment is literally the only reaction that truly matters as far as that relationship goes.

My advice is centered more around the idea that you're not at that point with her yet and are looking to spend more time with the whole group as a way to grow closer to her so that you CAN ask her out without it seeming incredibly forward, which many people don't like.

So wait, did she think you were being creepy, too? If no, heed this user's advice If yes, try talking to her before or after the game, preferably alone. Tell her that you're sorry and that you just wanted to be nice. Ask her if she wanted to go to a museum/concert/gallery opening/sex club.

Old Veeky Forums has helped before.

They're still together.

Ok, so the general consensus is that I should go for it. What do I do if she has a boyfriend?

Could you call her your friend if she was a dude?

Stop being a faggot.

Ask her to go for coffee if you're actually interested, if not give up on the lame flirting for the sake of everyone.

seriously shut the fuck up.

Kill yourself. Or try not being the gigantic pussy you are right now and get over it.

>What do I do if she has a boyfriend?
Deal with it.

There's a good chance she said it to some of them. Most girls will not comment on something like that to someones face, but they will be venomous in private.

Wait, wait, wait. You said something creepy to her, to the point that you literally had to leave the group. And you're thinking of going back to the group and you want to try and get her attention.

Look, she probably already thinks you're a creep. And any attempts you make at "wooing" her are just going to make her think you're even more of a creep. Worst comes to worse she could talk to the owner and he could ban you from the LGS.

Either apologize to her while the rest of the group was there for the dumb shit you said, or just admit you fucked up and have no chance of salvaging any kind of relationship with her and go full creepy mode and start stalking her.

If you don't want to apologize, then becoming a stalker is your only choice.

>There's a good chance she said it to some of them
Probably. I assumed if the compliment was creepy enough, user would have picked up on her disgust.

I know at the time she felt uncomfortable. She mentioned enjoying lifting a lot at the table and on that session she happened to be wearing a shirt that exposed her stomach. I told her I noticed she had been working out and that her abs were looking nice. She gave me a pretty weird look right away, but this was some time ago so I'm hoping to get some encouragement here and have random internet strangers tell me I wasn't being creepy.

>complementing her abs

Yeah. Sorry but that's pretty creepy.

>I told her I noticed she had been working out and that her abs were looking nice. She gave me a pretty weird look right away, but this was some time ago so I'm hoping to get some encouragement here and have random internet strangers tell me I wasn't being creepy.
Honestly, the determining factor is what you look like and how you deliver the line.

If you're Veeky Forums, you can get away with a comment like that. If you're a skinnyfat neckbeard you're fucked but no woman will love you for your looks anyway.

My original assumption was that if she was comfortable showing off like that she would be ok to take a compliment.
I'm not fit, but I'm not fat either. I do feel like she is "out of my league" if such a thing actually exists.

>I do feel like she is "out of my league" if such a thing actually exists.
Then it's probably true.

How a woman takes a compliment really depends on who is delivering it. It's hard, but give up on her. It'll hurt short term but it's better for you mentally in the long run.

I tried this, and found myself always drifting back to the idea. Its frustrating because I feel like I ruined something before it even began.

not creepy if you don't ACT like it was creepy. Unfortunately it sounds like it's too late.

"Damn Xina, your abs look fucking great!" is obviously a come-on, but there are people who can get away with come-ons, and those people are the people who say them and then give no fucks and move on like everything was totally normal, not even stopping to see what the recipient's reaction was.

This is not to say those people say them just out of the blue without any provocation and then immediately change the topic, but they tend to insert them innocuously into conversation where possible.

This is literally how flirting works. I have personally seen some girls ACT creeped out by it and then later date that guy. Source - I am one. In college there was a little asian chick I wanted to date in my English course, and at that time in my life I gave no fucks. After I had known her a few days and held a few unimportant conversations so that we were acquainted I was like "Nice shirt, looks good on you" or something like that (I don't even remember it was long ago), and she scowled at me while other people in the classroom conspicuously looked at me like "why the fuck would you hit on someone here you creep?"

I'm not the best looking guy - skinnyfat with a good face that's marred by pretty bad acne some of the time.

The very next day she asked me out, which I was really surprised by, but basically she liked, I think, how I did not give a fuck and just said what I thought and then moved on like OF COURSE I would compliment you on your looks, that's a NORMAL think to do.

Later that same day we mutually parted ways once I realized she was a huge religious zealot and a perfectionist and she realized that I intended some kind of sexual component in our relationship at some vague point in the future, but that's beside the point.

Whatever, I fixated like a retard on one girl through most of my teenage years and it left me completely stunted as a human being.

Just keep flexing your social muscles and you'll be fine in the end.

Wait, you posted this on Veeky Forums before, on a that GM thread.

Hnnnnng

Wow I'm surprised someone remembers that. To be honest I took a lot of what that thread said to hear and decided to just move on and accept that I was wrong. However I can't let go of my feelings and I'm just going to have to move on with them in a different way. This different way happens to be going through with it and asking her out.

>lesbians
Bleh.

OP, you strike me as creepy and delusional from the very first post. I don't know you, so I concede I may be completely wrong about this assessment, but boy do I have a grim impression of your future love life.

>This different way happens to be going through with it and asking her out.
Fine, but give up and move on if you strike out. Do not attempt to try until you succeed and do not try to be friends.

Yeah, that's great. Definitely try to get in contact with her, and try to say something. But if shit don't work out, move on.

Why not both? Why can't I try and become friends and allow it to naturally become more if this more direct way doesn't work.

Let's not be hasty, OP.

First: why did you end up leaving the group?
Is there some sort of power struggle?
Does the GM have his eye on her and decided to oust you as his sexual rival?
This shit is some juicy harlequin novel romance shit. Give me the goods.

Tell me the whole story.

Down that path lies misery and blue balls. Tread it not.

>Why can't I try and become friends and allow it to naturally become more if this more direct way doesn't work.
Because
A) It doesn't fucking work
B) It'll be mental torture for you
C) Her boyfriend / friends will despise you even if she tolerates you
D) You will waste all of your time and fall deeper in love with her
E) It doesn't fucking work

>I was asked to leave the group
>There was no power struggle I was just out of line
>I was trying to avoid mentioning it until now but the GM is her boyfriend
The whole story is pretty simple. I spoke with this girl a lot (to simplify things her name is Ellie). Ellie and I would work together a lot in character and would joke around a lot out of character. One day the GM asked me to stop talking to her and I refused, the next session I complimented her in a way that came out more intimate then I wanted it to and was asked to leave. I still miss the time we spent together and I'm trying to get close enough to her so I can really express my feelings.

>I still miss the time we spent together and I'm trying to get close enough to her so I can really express my feelings.
Has she tried to contact you since you were forcibly separated by your GM?

If not, him asking you to stop was probably her suggestion.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OP NO

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING

Guy answer me honest please, how old are you? I really need to put, well, you in context right now.

I'm 21, she is 23

Holy shit, kill yourself this sort of conduct is acceptable if you are 16

She has not tried to contact me, but I've been trying to stay distant from the group as a whole

Did I say juicy?
I meant fucking vodka-filled watermelon!

This shit is beautiful. The GM is intimidated by you getting closer to her!
You're posting like this uber beta bitch because that's the position you're taking.
GM is trying to control the pussy. (Protect alpha status)
You can't control the pussy.
It does what it wants.
And it probably wants you!

Man up, apologise, start playing with your friends again like a normal human being.

Then ask the girl out when you're not a salty(field) recluse, instead of awkwardly inserting yourself into a bad situation.

You got this though bro. Just don't do whatever you did in the first place again. Good luck mate.

I take it you have not read this thread in detail, if you had you would not be giving that advice. OP just needs to stay away from these people.

>She has not tried to contact me, but I've been trying to stay distant from the group as a whole
Then she does not want to speak to you. She would message you if she did. It's that simple.

I just don't see that. I think it may be closer to what said and that were possibly being forced apart. Why else would he not want me in the group? If he was so secure in his relationship a simple compliment would be nothing

Give up.

You're not so young that this looks like youthful indiscretion, and not so old that you likely understand what you want from relationships. You're in the exact age that people think they've got a special love, and it might well be a special love, but that doesn't make it a decent one.

Just take a step back and look at the situation. You're obviously immature, you have to be, maybe not so much because of anything you've said but because you're saying it here. I don't mean this as an insult, I'm trying to establish the situation. You're attempting to pursue an older woman in a relationship with no reason to believe there's any chance of success.

I'm not so decent at relationships to tell you how to get over it or how to get it on, but I have enough sense to know a sinking ship. There's something to be said here about fish in the sea or whatever, but I'm no good at metaphors either. Just cut your losses, get the fuck out.

>If he was so secure in his relationship a simple compliment would be nothing
Because you keep messaging his girlfriend and she doesn't like it and asked him to take the initiative to get you to stop.

is just memeing, he is a troll who is treating your life like a soap opera and his advice is ironic. Please realize this.

I'm a few months older then her current boyfriend, clearly age is not the issue here.
Even if his intention was to be ironic I feel like this is the situation at hand.

Wait, I thought this was fucking familiar. I remember that thread. Yeah, dude, you cocked up big time. She has a partner. Move on. 90% of that thread thought you had a personality disorder.

I'm gonna assume you're not actually that busted, so seriously, move on. For your sake. It isn't worth it senpai.

>Even if his intention was to be ironic I feel like this is the situation at hand.
Please listen to reason.

Then fucking get over it dude. Pining after a girl who's off the market is pathetic. She's not into you and I guarantee you she won't suddenly "come around" and dump her guy for you.

If hard abs are your thing I don't blame you, but she's not the only girl in the world who's done crunches.

I know the default response to people having partners is to just move on, but have you ever thought of the possibility that I might be better for her then he is?

Yeah, you're right user, I did not. I think I know this group as well.

Hey OP, you know Dan browses tg, right? As in Ellie's boyfriend Dan.

>GM is her boyfriend

OP I think you know what to do, you were just hoping some fa/tg/uys here would spur on your lovestruck stupidity.

You have basically 0 chance and if you keep purusing it youll just come across as even more of a creep, and alienating yourself from the group even more. If you like playing with them, man up, learn to live with her already being with someone, and apologise.

If you don't care about playing with them and are only in it for the girl, then just give up now, this is not workable in any way without you coming across as a creepy stalker.

It's possible, but we have no reason to assume you or the other guy are better or worse than the other right now so it sure sounds like a good idea for you to leave and let them be together.

I mean come on OP, you aren't selling yourself hot.

When even tg says no, it's time to stop.

Jokes on you, I know her boyfriend browses tg (which is why I omitted his name) but its 100% not Dan.

nigga move on

it ain't happening

ur life ain't gonna suffer from not having her or other people in it

get jaded, develop other interests, forget about people bringing meaningfulness into your life and create it for yourself

move on bruh

You say that, I'm not the one asking tg for romantic advice.

>Shadowrun groups are usually Over 9000 percent more mature than others
Social scientists chop off outliers for a reason. You can't draw conclusions from looking at the exceptional.

>have you ever thought of the possibility that I might be better for her then he is?

That's not your fucking call to make, m80. It's hers.

If you think he's some kind of shitty abuser then maybe you can make that judgment, but ideally that should come from some kind of concern or empathy. Not a "I am more deserving of her rock hard body than he is" mentality, which you seem to be showing.

Just download fucking tinder or something and move on.

as if there isn't enough information in this thread already for whoever it is to see it and realize you're being exactly the asshole he thought you were.

I'm the guy who earlier told you to nut up, but with all the chips on the table now I gotta say, you probably ought not to. not so much because you might or might not have a chance with her, but because you'd be wrecking the group just to make a pass, even if for some stupid fucking reason he let you back in.

you're the bad buy.

>Asking for general social advice from people who are more of less like you
I see nothing wrong.
Why is this mentality wrong? Some people are just more compatible

I can see why the group thought you were creepy. She is with him, and not just since yesterday from what one can gather from thus thread. If she really badly wanted to be with you over him she would find a way to contact you, even if her bf tried to interfere and even with you avoiding the group. She isn't talking to you so this isnt the case. You thinking that she maybe might be better off with you doesnt change that fact, especially since you have nothing to base this one other than that you think there's a special connection. I take it that you haven't had many relationships yet, so just believe me that a lot if people have been there, seen reason, and moved on. Just suck it up and and deal with it. Might take months to get over it, but that's life.

DUDE DON'T THINK THAT. I JUST stopped doing that exact same thing. It is not worth it.

this thread is great and all but why did whoever capped this not include a larger image of the two lesbians in question?

They have been together a considerable amount of time. Maybe in a few months I'll feel better and get over it, but for now I'm just trying to focus on making the best of this situation.

>Why is this mentality wrong?

Because you're making the decision you're better for her without taking into consideration how *she* thinks. You're awfully presumptuous for assuming you know better about who she should or shouldn't be dating than she does.

Why are you better for her anyway? Do you buy her snacks and drinks all the time without her asking? Did you get her an expensive birthday gift?

the mentality justifies interfering in someone's personal life on the basis of 'compatibility' and assumes that the person/object of desire does not have the capacity or intelligence to make these decisions on their own, so they need you to make these decisions on their behalf, which is pretty narcissistic

essentially you're not thinking about the other person, just what u want

A lot of nerdy girls are fun,approachable and have a difficulty saying words like "no" and "Stop". There is a real chance that she asked her boyfriend to stick up for her.

You might be more socially awkward than you think and there is a good chance that you are seen as significantly creepier than you think in your head. Most good DM's make decisions for that benefit the whole of the group- it was likely more than just his girlfriend who thought you were being a drag on the game.

>I'm trying to get close enough to her so I can really express my feelings.

Homie, what makes you or your feelings so important and great that they deserve expression? What did you do to earn the talking stick? Sit down, stay in your lane and hit the gym.

Even I know that a true relationship can't be measured by gifts. I'm not best friends with the GM, but I know him well enough to generally not like him. I generally find him annoying, he has openly admitted to having a Tumblr, and spends what I can only assume is a small fortune on MTG. I'm far more mature and understand her better.

Asking for advice from people who are more or less like you - which is a sweeping assumption in the first place because no one on Veeky Forums anywhere ever consistently agrees - isn't a great idea because they're unlikely to give you constructive advice that you haven't already considered yourself.

The default assumption is that people are together because they are compatible. Your job isn't to convince Veeky Forums, but to convince the person in question. That said, you're certainly not convincing me. You've made yourself look like a very immature person, and a less attractive partner than Average Joe. Maybe the reality of it is that you're fucking awesome, I doubt it, but maybe that is the case, as it stands though you don't appear to be particularly attractive, intelligent, or even nice.

wow a tumblr and MTG, AND you find him annoying. What an abominable monster, his can she be with him????!

my boy u need to withdraw from this situation and reflect on thyself bcuz ur coming off as an incredibly unaware, extremely myopic individual

Its common knowledge that Tumblr and its users are cancer, and spending that much money on MTG is immature when you take into account that they live together and that money could go towards improving life.

post his tumblr bitch

I don't know his Tumblr because I have never cared enough about Tumblr to ask about it.

Well, OP, we've got a lot of options here.

I'm going to assume you haven't acted like a creepy stalker.
I'm going to assume you haven't been texting her incessantly or anything.
I'm going to assume that you get along with her at the table because you genuinely get along with her.

There are 2 basic options here:

Option 1: Don't go for it.
Pros:
Save yourself potential embarrassment from a bunch of people who don't want to talk to you because you complimented someone's sexy lady abs.
Cons:
Nothing good happened.
You delve deeper into being a loser because you let a dude kick you out of his group for getting close to his girl.

Option 2: Go for it.
Pros:
You might get the girl.
Cons:
You might end up further separated form a group from which you've already separated yourself.
In other words, nothing.

Nothing to lose and everything to gain. The choice is clear.
Try: "Hey, I've been worried. Was my compliment about your abs really that creepy?" Wait for response. Reply with something like: "Well, I'm not taking it back. Girl abs are awesome."
This should establish where you are with her.

Dan sounds like a bitch.
If you don't upgrade her sex life, tell me where your FLGS is so I can.

From this point onward I am really hoping you are a troll OP. If not please leave this poor people alone, they are, and especially she is, better off without you.

well, I guess Veeky Forums was right. I honestly don't know how to feel right now, but I know inside I feel like dying.

Hahahahahahahahahaah

As always, honesty is the best policy.

Reflect on your mistakes.
Learn.
Grow.

The thuggery is off the charts

Ah, the completely obvious result.

Now, just so I can kick you while you're down, let me say that in the future when you go to ask for advice from, well, anyone, you should probably take it seriously even if it's not what you want to hear instead of disregarding it to save your own pride. That's not to say you should follow everything you hear, but goddamn man, this was in one ear and out the other.

Let's try to become a more mature person tomorrow. I'll do it too so you're not alone, maybe I'll quit candy.

dam u got fucking TOLD lil man