Ryukuza Quest: Protector of Smiles and Youkai Hunter

Stage 127: Long Overdue, Do Over Long.

You are Ryuu Ryukusa, and you are terribly awake.

The only other person is is awake in your family is Er Yin-sensei, who is the one who told you to go back to sleep after you passed out chasing off some wayward kamuy who were causing trouble. Thoroughly (verbally) spanked, you might add. Er Yin is on her side next to you, her injured arm across your belly, as Kiki-hime sleeps curled against your other side. Kiku-chan is at your feet, radiating warmth, which explains why there are blankets and a pillow arranged at the foot of Er Yin's bed. Everyone save your sister is in the huge round bed, whi8ch has also been cleaned up somewhat.

Your sister is in her room ….which reminds you that you should let her release Hebe Yumiko, her (most likely) ex-assistant into the wild so she can report to Oba-san everything Oba-san already knows. You also have a Kaga sorceress in your own Barrier to talk with at some point. She seemed far more level headed and disapproving of her clan's methods than the others. Hopefully she isn't as dull as she seems at first glance.

You're still awake.

Sleep is hard to come by since you started growing into who you were meant to be. Er Yin is sleepless for other reasons, you suspect. Pain might be among them; you can't tell if she's in pain without looking at her while she's awake, though you can feel the high levels of adrenaline in her blood and how her heart rate is higher than it should be while she is at rest.

[] Get up and do something – anything – about that.
[] Admit you can't sleep and ask her if she would like tea.
[] Let her rest, and slip out by yourself to do something, anything.
[] Ask her if she's asleep yet. That will make sure she's asleep for sure.
[] Try and sleep anyways. You really need it.

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48387664/
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/37879167/
pastebin.com/Z53TyK0N
pastebin.com/rZLwzvGx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Twitter: @XsQuestmistress

Previous Thread: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48387664/

Interlude: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/37879167/

Threads in Chronological Order, including writeups by XS : pastebin.com/Z53TyK0N
or search for Title: Ryukuza on Suptg

Barrier Combat Guide: pastebin.com/rZLwzvGx

>Ryukusa's Treasures

Her name: Ryuu Yorihokura

Eight hundred and sixty-two cat youkai live in your aura

Matagama-no-Shitoki, a kami in it's own right that protects Ryukusa from inimical magic.

Ame-no-Omukade-no-Musume – Ryukusa's mukade possessed wakizashi; a kami. “Daughter of my Centipede of Rain.”

Gendai-no-Muteki-no-Buki - Invincible Weapon of the Present Age, a secret kami-blade given to Ryukusa by Wakaba that appears to be made of some alloy of titanium.

Seido no Shinpi-tekina Ken – a mysterious bronze sword given to Ryukusa by the mermaids of Japan.

Go Yūrei no Rensa, the Five-Ghost-Chain, used to summon or send messages to your (actual) older sister Ryuu Nabiki.

Her Penthouse in the Secret Apartments of Tsathoggua in Shikoku prefecture, Tokyo.

Ryukusa's Family.

>Talismans:
Akari – Centipede
Er Yin – Scorpion
Kiki – Toad
Kiku – Lizard
Yui – Snake

Ryu Ryukusa is tall at 5' 8", but this becomes 6' in her true form. She is fully grown. Lesbian top.
Kiku is 5' 1" for ever and ever. Lesbian submissive.
Akari is 5' 3", and has another few inches to grow. Sexuality is weird, switch, cosplayer.
Yui is 5' 8" and will only grow due to circumstances beyond her control. Dyke, switch.
Kiki is 5' 6", and is at full growth. Bisexual bottom.
Er Yin is the tallest at 5' 10" and is fully grown. Lesbian dominant.
Jinyuu is 5' 7" but persistently hovers an extra three inches above the ground or floor because of her nature as a seer. Straight.
Hinata-hakase is 6' 3". Sexuality is terrifying.
Hidesato is 5' 5". Straight.
Kushinada is 5' 8". Straighter.
Taisho Ryoga is 5' 9". Who knows.
Hyun Chisato is 5' 4”, and is fully grown. Lolicon with plausible deniability.
Rie is 8” tall or 5' 5”, and is fully cat. Her sexuality is cat.
Hagyu Genso is 12' 5” standing upright. He is by and large gay.
Mizumi Shoko is 7' 2”, is fully grown. Bisexual top.
Yuuhi is 4'11” and is fully grown. Yuuhi a cute.
Tokei Isusangi, Inau-kun is 5' 3” and still confused.
Reiha is 5' 5 1/2”, and is milfy.
Peta is 3' 2”. Peta is \>.

>[] Try and sleep anyways. You really need it.

>[X] Admit you can't sleep and ask her if she would like tea.
>[X] Get up and do something – anything – about that.
Morning XS

>[x] Get up and do something – anything – about that.
Poor Er Yin.
And good luck with your flensing! Sounds scary.

[] Admit you can't sleep and ask her if she would like tea.
Hey XS. How are you doing? Other then the whole cancer thing.

>[] Admit you can't sleep and ask her if she would like tea.
>[] Get up and do something – anything – about that

I wish you the best XS

>[] Try and sleep anyways. You really need it.

Does Ryukusa actually need the sleep? I thought she basically never did any more.

Also what are our immediate plans when we wake up?

I think she doesn't technically need sleep, but it might still provide some benefit? It's a moot point, since it doesn't seem like we are gonna sleep right now anyway.

Yeah, I suppose that might make sense. Relax and destress or the like.

>[] Admit you can't sleep and ask her if she would like tea.
>Offer to go to another room and talk

>Kiss your sorceress wife.

Hi XS!

I wish you the best. Here's some spooky girls to make things feel better

That girl is very spooky indeed.

[X] Ask her if she's asleep yet. That will make sure she's asleep for sure.

Meeting attactive fox again when?

I'm sure we'll run into her in due time user! Personally I'm looking forward to meeting Rie again.

Dunno why, I love big wooden bead necklaces on anime women.

It's s a small patch of malignant skin cancer, easily 'repaired'. Thank you for the kindness.

SOP is remove the cancerous skin to the lowest layer and then graft some skin from another area there so the generic malfunction isn't repeated. They did the same for my mother, works fine, all under anesthetic.

That sounds good. I'm sure you'll be cancer-free in a week then!

We should do some cosplay for Akari

I'm glad for you

As awful as it is to have cancer in general, I'm glad to hear it's one of the kinds that can be removed.

Though I imagine that even if the surgery will be under anesthetic it'll still be itching/sore or something for a while afterwards, so my condolences for the additional discomfort being added.

[x] Ask her if she's asleep yet. That will make sure she's asleep for sure.
[X] Try and sleep anyways. You really need it.
[XX] Get up and do something – anything – about that.
[XXX] Admit you can't sleep and ask her if she would like tea.
[+] Kisses. Of course kisses. Duh.

You wait for what seems like a reasonable amount of time, which is probably nowhere near such a thing, and run your tail alogn her smooth, powerful calf. “Asleep, Gin-Gin?”

You feel more than see the smile, as your eyes are closed, but you hear the amusement in her voice with perfect clarity. “Of course I am, Ryukusa-sama.”

“Uh huh.” To your credit you try and sleep: you meditate, you blank your mind, you even slow your heartbeat to three or four per minute. None of it works, unfortunately, and you can't really say you're even surprised. You sigh and roll over, giving Er Yin plenty of time to move her wounded arm so that you don't injure her further. Facing her, she rests her weakened hand on your hip, and you look at her face in the dark, trace the outline of the scar across her face with your gaze, stare into those sightless blue-grey eyes that gaze back at you with infinite calm.

“I'm sorry, Er yin-sensei, I just cannot sleep. I need to do something. I want to help heal your arm, or make tea, or something. Anything.” You sigh and cup her cheek and she sightlessly preses her face against your palm. The sense of brittle care she takes in caring for the position of her bad arm is painfully obvious to you, even in the dark. “Would you like to have tea with me, Er Yin? I can make a fine cup of green tea, my sister's skill's notwithstanding. Though I hear Hime-chan is a fair hand at it to.”

“Let us go before you wake the others, Ryukusa-sama,” she murmurs, turning her head to kiss your palm. You prevent her from doing so and turn her face to yours, kissing her softly and slowly, reveling in the strange softness and tingling taste of charged metal along your lips. She rises slowly and cautiously, worried more about injuring herself – or at least causing herself pain – than she is about waking anyone.

You rise easily and silently, and you only pause long enough to talk to the one person who nearly waked up. “Stay asleep, Akari-niji-chan. I'll be back before everyone waken.” She makes a soft, sleepy noise and drifts back into deeper sleep.

“Was she awake?” Asks your seer curiously.

“Not really. She would have been if I'd taken any steps away from her. As it is she'll stay asleep. Mind you that wouldn't work for anyone but me, and I definitely recommend against trying it yourself.” You are nearly as dangerous unconscious as you are awake; Akari is far more dangerous unconscious than she is awake, because she simply reacts without concern for the well being of the person disturbing her.

You and Er Yin slip into the hallway easily, walking with eerie silence through the rooms, though the slide of Er Yin's tail is unmistakable. Her hand remains on the wall as well, though lightly, more to guide her than because she is unfamiliar with the location. Your sister, Shoko-san and she have had more time to become familiar with the place.

[] Grab the medical supplies, and have her sit for you.
[] Make tea first, you can add something to that to relax her.
[] Ask her if she would like anything specific, or requires something stronger than tea.
[] Ask her if she would prefer to take this conversation to her room. Yes, you know there isn't one yet, but you'll fix that.
[] ….ask to see how her injury is doing and decide from there.

>[] ….ask to see how her injury is doing and decide from there.

>[] Ask her if she would like anything specific, or requires something stronger than tea.
>[] Ask her if she would prefer to take this conversation to her room. Yes, you know there isn't one yet, but you'll fix that.

>[x] ….ask to see how her injury is doing and decide from there.
Sounds good to me. Leaning towards the first option though.

>[] Make tea first, you can add something to that to relax her.

>[] Ask her if she would like anything specific, or requires something stronger than tea.

>Caresse her tail

>"Would you like a warm meal, a bath, or just me~?"

Let wife decide.

>[x] Make tea first, you can add something to that to relax her.
>[x] Grab the medical supplies, and have her sit
for you.
Gotta care for our injured wife!

>>[] Make tea first, you can add something to that to relax her.
>>[] Ask her if she would like anything specific, or requires something stronger than tea.
>>[] Ask her if she would prefer to take this conversation to her room. Yes, you know there isn't one yet, but you'll fix that.
Heya XS, glad to catch another thread live. Always a joy to read your stories.

Seconding .

That's appealing user, but is Er Yin in any kind of shape for lewdness right now?

I'll add tail-caressing, that's a good idea.

forgot to link

We should tend to her the best we can. Some soft, gentle loving and teasing won't hurt her.

This.

Yeah I suppose that's true.

[XXX] ….ask to see how her injury is doing and decide from there.
[XXX] Make tea first, you can add something to that to relax her.
[XX] Ask her if she would like anything specific, or requires something stronger than tea.
[X] Ask her if she would prefer to take this conversation to her room. Yes, you know there isn't one yet, but you'll fix that.
[+] Brandy, coffee, tea, or me, whatever most pleases thee.

As you both enter the living room, she pauses, waiting for you to get ahead of her. You only glance back; you've seen her do this before, searching with her tail to map out the furnishing. With the door closed you ask in an only slightly subdued tone, “Would you like to sit on the couch? I want to change your bandages, if you don't mind.”

She smiles faintly as she takes a seat on the edge of the love seat, which will still allow you to sit next to her to change her bandages, just much closer than perhaps is wise. Not because you'll do anything too terribly lewd, but because it's more close quarters than you should be for bandaging....oh, who are you kidding, you're a freakin' Water dragonette. You know EXACTLY what she chose the love seat. “And if I say that I do mind, Ryukusa-sama?”

“Then I won't change your bandages.” That seems to startle her a little. “I have medical training, Er Yin-sensei, but I'm no healer, and I know that. You have every right to refuse me, and I'm not going to pull nonexistent rank. If you would be more comfortable in your room, we could continue there, rather than so close to our sleeping loved ones. I should warn you, I'm very likely going to spike your tea with something, so if you'd prefer something stronger than tea, you should probably let me know now.” You do start the kettle to boil....and then curse yourself for three kinds of idiot as you make the water boiling hot with a glance and set the tea to steep.

“Of course you may, Ryukusa-sama. Please forgive this impertinent dragonette.”

You collect the medical kit from the kitchen (undoubtedly placed there by Akari before everyone went to bed, because the one in the bathroom is going to be even more heavily loaded than this one is) and walk over to the chair, easily hopping onto the overstuffed arm and crossing your legs before you. Your tail slides to swirl lightly about hers, and she entwines her tail with yours agreeably enough. The faint tremor is there, caused by her overload of adrenaline, and you can tell she'll exhaust herself in a few hours.

Taking off the bandages is both easy and difficult; physically it is terribly easy, because they are soaked in one of Yui-niji-chan's herbal concoctions that ha partially dried. You use your talons – cautiously, ever so cautiously – to slice away those you can't simply lift off. Once you get down to the injury proper, you frown mildly, unsure of what you are looking at.

The wound hasn't changed in shape or size, for better or worse. What has changed is the consistency of her flesh. The tendons and muscles exposed and damaged by the weird flames your bother spat on her the same shape. But there is a strange luster to them, a silvery kind of shine. This is much more pronounced at the edges of the wound, where the skin is nearly silver in color and tone. The shine is less pronounced along the deeper tissues, but the exposed bones are definitely turning to silver.

[] Okay, so, is this how YOU scar, or is how all of your kind scar?
[] Please tell me that your flesh turning to metal is normal?
[] Well, it looks relatively fine; I imagine that everyone has asked about this already.
[] Um. Not quite sure how to proceed here. Is petrification normal?
[] Just do what you said you would, there isn't any need for talk.

>[x] Please tell me that your flesh turning to metal is normal?
Freaky! Sorry Er Yin, but definitely freaky.

>[] Please tell me that your flesh turning to metal is normal?
If everyone scars to their respective elements we will finish this quests as the drongonette power rangers

>[] Just do what you said you would, there isn't any need for talk.
I'm sure if it was an issue we'd have already known.

>Does this mean I'm running out of time to heal you?

Like even if we got healing powers, we wouldn't be able to affect the wound when it completely becomes metal?

We've seen weirder.

No rejection for our wives.

>Kiss Er Yin again.

>You're not shocked, disgusted or anything. You can't shake a ping of guilt, however.

>Does this means the Mill Pond Demon's power won't help you, Er Yin?

[X] Just do what you said you would, there isn't any need for talk.

Well, I didn't mean Ryukusa should say the freaky part, haha.

For shame user. There is nothing wrong with a little petrification, I mean look at our hand.

Hey, what if Ryukusa likes it freaky, user?

sure i guess it can be hot.

Today's slow and comfy kind of RQ, huh.

I don't know about comfy, since it's about Er Yin's suffering.

Also the title worries me deeply.

Like it makes me think of both missing a chance/something coming back to bite us in the ass AND time travel, which are things I'm anxious about.

I guess. But I am so use to waiting for this quest it feels natural.
What part? the overdue bit? its just time for Er Yin user.

Also, since Er Yin is Chinese, I vaguely suspect that "Long" is a dragon pun.

>time travel
???

It's the kind of uncomfy comfy where you're injured but it's been treated and you're kinda used to it so it's not as noticeable and you try to focus on being comfy instead.

Ignore the second link, fat fingers

We missed the chance of having every member of the family helping with the problem but something bad would very likely have happened. This way we keep the smiles.

Just the Do Over bit. Like if not time travel directly, it seems like we might be getting a second chance at something.

Apologies, passed out in the chair. Writing. I'll continue a bit late today in retaliation.

If you need a break it's alright XS

Uh, as long as you don't need to lie down or anything...we can wait for next session if needed.

Normal no oxygen pass out?

Thank you for your perseverance, but please don't push yourself too hard!

Yes, normal stuff.

[X] Just do what you said you would, there isn't any need for talk.
[XX] Please tell me that your flesh turning to metal is normal?
[+] Is time critical here?
[+] Is this going to affect the power of a healer, specifically the Mill Pond Demon?
[+] More affection!

You gently begin cleaning the strangely glistening flesh of your seer''s – sister is ~a~ seer, but this is ~your~ seer – wound. You do so with the precise touch and calm of someone who is dealing with the most delicate of silk painting, or the most fragile glass. The sterile water goes exactly where you will, and you can feel the living flesh and blood where the injuries are most tender. More worrisome is the dead flesh and bone where the injury is destroyed tissue, but there is less of it than you feared there would be.

It still hurts her, but you are as gentle as possible.

“Your scarred flesh is a little odd, Er Yin,” you comment in the most casual fashion possible, a quiet question hidden in the words. “It beautiful, but strange, really.” And it is a kind of beauty, a glistening, glassy, lustrous effect. “I sincerely hope that time is not an issue.”

“Hmm? Ah. No, Ryukusa-sama, that is natural to my kind. As long as the process is incomplete it won't cause any real issues. The full transformation will take months.” You've never heard of that happening with Void dragonette's so she must mean Metal dragonettes. “It is not painful or harmful, only strange. With Stone dragonettes it is jade, and with Wood dragonettes it is most often mahogany.”

You slowly apply the medicinal that was left in the kit. At least, it says 'Er Yin's medicine' on it in a childish, rather sweeping script, so you assume that it is Yui-niji-chan's writing. “That sounds like it is something unique to China, I'm afraid. I've never heard of it happening here.” You apply the medication with the same perfect skill, and you do notice that she immediately relaxes as you apply it to the most sensitive of the living injuries. Anesthetic of some sort.

Sliding your tail more closely about hers, you consider carefully. It would be easy, very easy to heal her using the power of Wood....but there is another way. You study the injury with your full Void Eyes, seeing how her meridians and flesh have been injured beyond mere flesh and blood and bone. You can also see the salve's more mystic properties, how it lends itself to supplying chi to those places injured. Yui's pure, innocent power infused into the material. You trace the flows of Chi and Shen through her body, where it should go, where it is meant to go.

Er Yin stiffens and her tail tightens about yours, especially as you trace one of the more damaged flows of her life force. “Ryukusa....?” she murmurs softly.

The destruction caused here is bad, but you can see....you can FEEL how it is destroyed, how it is meant to be, and how to remove the injury from her. It is so simple, yet terribly complex. Fire destroys the Void, and isn't what is here Void in the truest sense?

[] Hush, I'm thinking.
[] ….relax Er Yin. I promise it will only hurt a moment.
[] Tell me if I'm over thinking this but....Fire also Overacts the void, does it not?
[] Just using a bit of logic taught by videogames the world over.
[] Here, bite down on this, and trust me.

>[x] Just using a bit of logic taught by videogames the world over.
>[x] Here, bite down on this, and trust me.
>[x] ….relax Er Yin. I promise it will only hurt a moment.
Time to heal!

Wasn't there other people we wanted to heal? Like that one girl who had some bad facial scars that also damaged her life force?

Impressive art

>[] Just using a bit of logic taught by videogames the world over.
>[] Here, bite down on this, and trust me.
>[] ….relax Er Yin. I promise it will only hurt a moment.

I have a feeling this isn't what most people expect the god of destruction to be pretty naturally good at doing but here we go

>[] Tell me if I'm over thinking this but....Fire also Overacts the void, does it not?

user makes a good point. Er Yin isn't the only one who needs helping.
That said I am a bit sick of treading around the final element so I don't mind going full fire.

>[] Tell me if I'm over thinking this but....Fire also Overacts the void, does it not?

>[X] Just using a bit of logic taught by videogames the world over.
>[X] Here, bite down on this, and trust me.
>[X] ….relax Er Yin. I promise it will only hurt a moment.
>[X] Its going to hurt a lot.

Wanted wood but will settle for scraps now.

Ginka, yes. On the other hand if we can heal Er yin with fire I don't see why someone in a similar situation couldn't be healed by it either.

Sure we can just melt the flesh to look good.

>[] ….relax Er Yin. I promise it will only hurt a moment.

>Fire Eyes

>Call your priestess. Kiku should be here, both because Er Yin is incredibly powerful in Void and you will need her assistance, and because she's Er Yin's beloved.

important

We need the Mill Pond Demon's power for that

>[] Here, bite down on this, and trust me.

>[] Hush, I'm thinking.
Like I don't know, it's neat that we'd be using Fire in a new way, and I'm still not really familiar with what the elements mean in terms of who we are and the doom we will bring but I kind of feel like Ryukasa is more tied to Fire than Wood...

But I'm still a bit wary that what feels most natural might not be the best way of doing things.

Er Yin is an -extremely- unique case, because her wound is actually becoming Void/Metal which is trumped by Fire. Ginka doesn't have that advantage so we'd just... you know, burn her.

Don't feel like that, user.

Ginka can't be healed with Wood.

wait, I thought we'd automatically get healing abilities if we chose Wood?

I need to read better.

Reminder that Ryukusa realised her clothes-making skills were essentialy destroying in order to recreate harmoniously, and that Fire is as much destruction than craft

True, I'm not sure how applicable that is to healing though.

It's a question of level. We'd get some healing abilities, but neither Yui nor Kiki could do anything for the problems of Ginka or Er Yin.

Adding to my vote here :

>When Kiku is here: "I am going to do something dangerous and untested to help Er Yin. Will you trust this foolish lizard?"

>Focus on the warmth of your family and the burning passion you have for them, and then the ones you have for Er Yin. It is how you handled the madness flames of your cousins, and it's never a bad moment to think those things.

I can support getting Kiku in for it as well, sure.

adding

to

>[] Hush, I'm thinking.

Sorry for those who wanted Wood.

Pretty sure we who wanted wood just wanted to heal so if fire works I am good for it.

It'll work this time, but we'd never get true healing unless we succeed the Mill Pond Demon challenge

I forgot to my vote here >Kiss Er Yin, Kiku, and each of their bellies.

and that doesn't really matter what element it is?

>bellykissing
user we're supposed to be doing a serious healing scene, not lewdness!

Right. Let's get her nice and healed, then we can lewd her till the sun comes up.