/cyoag/ CYOA General

Previous Thread: Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48360045/#48362530
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HPj2GZigvBaJxrDYa98kLGqsVgUD1k6bETinvaiu3cg/edit#gid=0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HPj2GZigvBaJxrDYa98kLGqsVgUD1k6bETinvaiu3cg/edit#gid=2081530981
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Since everyone is having fun with this, might as well see what the hubbub is all about.

DLC

It's so weird to me that people are looking to have children and limit their empires to small parts of the world.

In my case if someone managed to enter my world, by the time they got settled in more than 3/4 of the quests would be complete and the entire world under my one empire.

I'd literally a parliament of gods answering to me , just because I don't want to run the shit day-to-day.

Here's my "cuck the whole human species" build

Position:
- Stranger (Free)

Mental:
- Genius 3 (-10)
- Memory of the Ages 2 (-7)
- Wellspring of Harmony (-5)

Physical:
- Strength and Speed 0 (Free)
- Reflexes and Reactions 0 (Free)
- Impervious 4 (-16)
- Pain Control (-2)
- Non-Reactor (-2)
- Regeneration 0 (Free)
- Endurance 2 (-8)
- Super Senses 0 (Free)
- Temperature Tolerance 3 (-9)
- Diet 2 (-5)
- Sanitary Convenience 1 (-2)
- Iron Gut (-1)
- Beautiful (-2)

Supernatural Gifts:
- Blessed One, Minor (-5)
- Imbue, Minor (-5)
- Stormsage, Minor (-5)
- Imbue, Minor (-5)
- Divination, Major (-10)
- Telepathy, Major (-10)
- Master of Motion, Major (-10)

Company
Inheritable, All
- Super Senses 0 (-2)
- Temperature Tolerance 0 (-2)
- Strength and Speed 0 (-3)
- Reflexes and Reaction 0 (-3)
- Regeneration 0 (-3)
- Diet 0 (-3)
- Impervious 0 (-3)
- Disease Resistance, Limited (-2)
- Extended Lifespan (-4)
- Genius, Limited (-4)

Items:
- Book of Knowledge (-5)

Drawbacks:
- Temporally Lost (+15)
- Cursed by the Spirits (+20)

Quests:
- Sorcerer Supreme
- An Empire Eternal

Here's the blind picks for this again if you missed it in the last thread. The writing's a bit past half done now.

Have fun sleeping with disgusting cavewomen over and over and over again. I don't know how I feel about your build. On the one hand, it sounds like a dick move. On the other hand you're actually improving humanity by a huge margin..

Hey anons, I'm super, super, super excited by the fact that everyone is having fun with Altering History. That being said, I also don't want to too alienate those who aren't into it. So, as a general question, what is the etiquette in terms of at what point a separate thread should be created for this RP? I certainly didn't anticipate this becoming such an interactive hit, and don't want to completely drown out all the excellent OC that goes on here as well. I don't *think* it's passed that threshold yet, but I'm querying the thread who have more experience than I with this stuff.

Very excited to see!

Oh, and attached is a peak at the Olympus things. Comments and feedback on the general format is very welcome. Only the setup and Zeus are 'done' at this point, but it's enough to let you know how this is going to work for the curious.

I think the threshold is when anons start regularly using RP names. I don't find it terribly disruptive otherwise.

>Hephaistos: the god of cuckolding

Kinda curious as to what Hestia's wrath would be like considering that her whole thing is being the least dickish Olympian.

>Angel plays a bloodthirsty Aztec Goddess better than she ever did a pure angel character.
Maybe I shouldn't be surprised by this, but I sort if am.

I could rework it a bit to make room for major shapeshifting, which will allow me to modify other people a bit so that I'm sleeping with hot cavewomen instead.

Now is a good time acheld. Nip it in the bud and create a separate thread before /cyoag/ is consumed in RP.

I like the color theme and images for the Gods! It's already a very pretty cyoa!

Pre-Agriculture 10 000BC, Australia
Mysterious Stranger

Genius III (10)
Memory II (17)
Wellspring of Harmony (22)

S&S O
Impervious III (34)
Non-reactor (36)
Regeneration III (45)
Endurance II (53)
Temperature Tolerance II (59)
Diet II (64)
Sanitary Convenience II (68)
Iron Gut (69)
Beauty (71)
Mage Eye (73)

Divination Major (83)
Blessed One Major + Imbue Minor (98)
Stormsage Major + Imbue Minor (113)
Shapeshifting Major (123)
Enchanting Major + Imbue Minor (138)
Spirit Singer Major (148)

Empy Companion Slots x5 (154)
Personal Ombi-Wear (155)

Shared World (135)
Region Locked (125)
Weak (120)

Sorcerer Supreme
Historian AND/OR Myth Maker

I am going to turn Australia into the Earth equivalent of an elven Kingdom: it'll be a utopian society filled with magic, nature and beauty.

I'll accomplish that through time and ridiculously expansive uses of Enchanting:

Enchanting Major + Stormsage Major to surround my continent in obelisks that shroud the borders of my continent with a thick fog.

Enchanting Major + Shapeshifting Major to fill my land with obelisks that turn my people into idealized versions of themselves.

Enchanting Major + Spirits Singer Major to build great temples in my land which appease the Spirits to bless my people in whatever way they can.

Enchanting Major + Blessed One Major to do the same once again but this time with obelisks that envelop my continent with a healing aura.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Basically, I'm region-locked so I'm going to turn my humble continent (not even enough for an Eternal Empire!) into paradise. I have nothing better to do anyway.

I'll also teach my people magic so they may continue to improve my land wherever they can with smaller enchanted trinkets and amulets.

Myth Maker would be achieved by becoming the monarch of a mystical continent (hopefully).

It's a Shared world but I don't intend to be an aggressor so I expect the same from everyone else. I'll enchant you guys some good stuff too.

Reposting Wandering Trickster build since there was some interest in it but I wasn't around at the time to respond.

"Ubaid" period (5000 BC, Mesopotamia)
Mysterious Stranger

Genius 3
Memory 2
Polyglot

Strength 1
Reflexes 2
Imperious 3
Non-Reactor
Regeneration 2
Endurance 1
Senses 2
Temperature 1
Diet 1
Sanitary 1
Iron Gut

Born in the Water
Mage Eye

Beastmaster Minor
Telepathy Minor
Master of Motion Minor
Spirit Singer Major, Imbue Minor
Shapeshifting Major
Enchanting Minor
Illusion Major

Wanderer's Journal
Personal Omni-Wear
Bag of Holding

>Drawbacks
Shared World
>I guess I'm going into the shared world the thread has been developing since RomanAnon seemed cool with it

>Quests
The Myth Maker (Enchanting Major, Imbue)
Sorcerer Supreme (Beastmaster, Telepathy Major)

So a wandering Trickster figure who is less interested in authority over the regular mortals and more with just making the world a more interesting place. Seeing as I'd be in Mesopotamia for a while, the Mother Goddess is probably going to end up quite familiar with having to deal with me. Shame that I couldn't start my own little bloodline, but the points just aren't there after all the other upgrades I wanted. Also am a little unclear how some of the buy Decedent upgrades work

Please don't make the mistake 99% of modern interpretations make by turning Hades into an evil, dark god. Out of all the greek gods Hades is arguably the most just and one of the kinder gods too. He is somewhat sullen, yes, but he is not supposed to be this evil greek "satan" people tend to make him.

Also, Hades was well known as the wealthiest of the gods which you could incorporate into your cyoa too maybe, to deviate a bit from all the deaht and underworld stuff?

Noted.

Some of the gods' wrath will be less severe than others. Hers might end up being nothing more than the temporary revocation of blessings. Better blessings will tend to be connected with more serious wrath.

After I click Post on this I'm heading out the door to a book club, so can't do so *now*. I'll see what other opinions there are when I return, though, and won't object to doing so at that time if it seems to be the consensus. (Obviously I don't object to someone else doing it in the meantime if it is the will of the thread)

Thanks.

Name: Prometheus
Position: Stranger

Mental perks: Genius 3 (10)
Memory 2 (17)
Harmony (22)
Gift of Gab (27)
Economist (32)
Artistic Prodigy (37)

Physical Perks: Endurance 2 (45)
Diet 3 (50)
Pain control (52)

Gifts: Spirit Singer Major (62)
Binding Major (72)
Enchanting Major (82)

Items: Book of Knowledge (87)

Imbue-able - Great Heros: Genius 3 (97)
Binding Major (107)
Enchanting Major (117)
Memory 1 (120)
Endurance 2 (128)
Economist (133)
Artistic prodigy (138)
Pain Control (140)

Quest:The Myth Maker - hoarded !SCIENCE! grants the best immortality.
Mage Eye (2)
Regeneration 1 (5)
Map Maker (10)

Open World +20

Tera, Furnace of Myth
Magic: Learned
Balanced (0)
Rocky World (-2)
Expansive Caverns with strange fungus (-1)
Angered Forests (-4)
Which hath past, Ancient Clockworks (-4)
Periodic Elementalism Hyper-Major (+2)
Uncanny Parallels (+2)
Reality is Perception, Minor (+2)
Wild 'Magic' Fault Lines (+2)
Spirit Manifest (+2)

Races: Humanity, No shit. Diesease Resistance (+4)
Flitters, Friendly (+7)
Giants, Freindly (+10)
Dragons, Neutral (+10)
Those Beneath, Neutral (+10)
Stonefolk, Hostile (+7)
The Restless Dead (+4)
Vampires: The First, Twilight, Without weakness, Adv. Vampire Hunters (0)

Think about how much easier it'd be to become Emperor if you defeated a Goddess and lead your people to victory over Atlantis?

AlteringHistory Shared World Dramatis Personae

GreekoRoman Build:

Angel Build:
Whore of Babylon build:
Middle Kingdom Gengis Khan Build:
Great Zardoz support Build:
VikingAnon Build:
Plus, in this thread, the Wandering Trickster and the Elven King So that's... Eight Immortals in one Shared World? Did I miss anyone?

hey acheld how involved do you want to be in your cyoas rp? some ppl have been asking about a map of the shared world, would you provide smth like that?

I have a build but it involves taking over the entire world and building an empire of all the nations & peoples within it. Doesn't seem like something you'd be into.

You're getting in the way in the way of my Free and Sustainable Quest, man.

if anyone still has the last thread open, would you mind telling me how many individual IP's there were?

considering someone complained about format last time, reposting this in the normal format.

good luck Dude.

Well, yeah. Shittons of pics. But I literally got nothing better to do right now.

How? Also, Australia is a lot smaller than all the other continents so even if I'm somehow ruining it (no idea how though) then the rest of the world will still cover the 95% requirement I think.

I have a build that I'd like to add. It's done but I have to type it out and format and stuff. It's focused on supporting unaltered humans and giving them a chance against the offspring of the others.

Futureboy, Laser Eye Surgery and Skelletorment

Hey Acheld, can the use of Enchanting Major allow me to add certain requirements to the use of enchanted items. I want to make sure that enhanced humans/demigods cannot use them.

Has anybody bought the pocket house? I feel like not. But then, it doesn't seem very useful in the long haul, does it? Maybe if you want a computer but took the tech restricting drawback tree?

Almost there...

Little problem here, chief. At least during the beginning of this, you mention that positive karma is from good things, but Utopia is negative balance, and Apocalypse is positive balance. You might want to fix that.

I love this! It's original, the combination of powers is clever and you're the most benevolent Immortal I've seen. The idea of this far-away magical utopia gives me a feeling of... wonder, I think.

So, on to business. How do you treat outsiders? One of my Most Favored Children is an explorer (with Master of Motion Major etc). If he accosted your lands, how would you receive him? Would you let him use one of your Obelisks?

You kinda sound like Nasreddin Hodja. Which is to say, amazing. Once I take over Mesopotamia circa 1900BC I'll of course treat you as a fellow God. And stay out of your way. Would that be acceptable?

Excavation Rites
Stag Master
Exchange Student

And....

Because you have to balance it at zero. Utopia gives you a negative balance so you have more room for positives without adding anything to counter them, and Apocalypse gives you a positive balance so you have to introduce negative things just to start it.

The PDF you quoted spells this out, though, so I just have to assume you're retarded.

It says at the beginning that the balance must be less than or equal to zero, so not a positive number, but it can be negative.

It's on the first page, friend.

this dude had one
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48360045/#48362530

....done!

kys

ly2

FRIENDLY REMINDER TO SAVE THAT WORK YOU'RE DOING

RIGHT

NOW

m8 the ctrl-s keypress is so ingrained in my muscle memory that I'm honestly amazed how I do it so often without even noticing

> On the other hand you're actually improving humanity by a huge margin

Good work.

Not Acheld. But here's a shitty map of the RP world. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate, but I think it gets the general idea.

Thank you! This is sweet. Boy do Vikings have a LOT of land. Aztecs are Angel's people I assume?

That is amazing, user. Thanks. Reading these posts has confused me a lot.

bretty gud map can you also post the blank version?
i think someone wanted japan or smth?

Nipponland will be mine

Me!

Put up or shut up, Tennō.

I'll post my build once I get to a computer. Im on mobile now.

Map I used.

Aztecs are Angel's worshipers. I'm not sure Angel, Roman user, and China user will actually allow the Vikings to get that much. But that's what it looked like he was claiming.

Outsiders? Mmmm, my main desire is to make my continent a mystical paradise of legend but there's no point in doing so if no one has ever heard of it. So outsiders would be treated extremely well and allowed to permanently integrate in my lands if they wish. If they do not wish to do so, then we'd give them plenty of enchanted treasures to bring back home and spread tales of the (elven) kingdom they visited.

Your explorer is more than welcome, especially if he's willing to spread the story a bit which would help that Myth Maker quest I want to complete.

Do keep in mind that reaching my lands is supposed to be somewhat of an epic quest, with the surrounding fog and all. I don't want to make it too easy.

B

Middle Kingdom user only wanted China+East Asia. You may have given him too much. Also he hasn't shown up in two days and he might never rp anything.
In the unlikely event those this alteringhistory shenanigans keep going. If he's afk too long what do we do? Erase him from the Shared World, have someone else play him?
Also. Good job on actually doing a thing without waiting for OP to deliver.

I kind of want this to become a thing and develop into a setting for other/more cyoas.

Sounds fun! Looking forward to reading it!

Could motivate everyone to defend their lands and peoples, could also unite warring Immortals against a common threat.. Could be cool.
Unusable by Descendants then? Sounds very intriguing.

Wordplay Wizard, Amazon Prime (wordplay 2x combo?), Jack's Shack.

>Exchange Student
>Nomad's Tail
>Dismal Science

An user can dream but... how would that even work tho?
So far the only real rp has been Angel's. And only the Whore and the Elf have done anything resembling worldbuilding.

I don't really think you'll need to "stay out of my way" since I plan on operating on a much smaller level than you and the other rulers will. I'd probably be rather well imprinted on the local culture by the time you show up, but it's not like I plan on toppling any empires (at least not right away).

Also, I could definitely see how I could become something like the figure you mentioned.

>aztecs
>not the vastly superior and civilized inca

Okay, the writing's done, just proofreading now.

I meant you'll be untouched by any law I enact, my soldiers, priests, and Children will be ordered to show you respect and not bother you and so on.
Would you be willing to meet me? I would really love if you could impart some of your millenia-old wisdom on my children. The dream would be for you to tutor a few of them or just take one child with you on your travels.
But I know I'm going way too fast, I just got excited by the possibilities.

Did I do my math wrong or does that 2 gods is 1% chance a week, mean you have about 40% chance a year to anger you god at least once?

Updated "cuck everyone" build, now featuring major shapeshifting. Now I can shapeshift into whatever a particular woman finds attractive (which telepathy can help me figure out), and shapeshift the women I sleep into a shape that I find more attractive.

Position: Stranger (Free)

Mental:
- Genius 2 (-6)
- Memory of the Ages 2 (-7)
- Wellspring of Harmony (-5)

Physical:
- Strength and Speed 0 (Free)
- Reflexes and Reactions 0 (Free)
- Impervious 4 (-16)
- Non-Reactor (-2)
- Regeneration 0 (Free)
- Endurance 2 (-8)
- Super Senses 0 (Free)
- Temperature Tolerance 3 (-9)
- Diet 2 (-5)
- Sanitary Convenience 1 (-2)
- Iron Gut (-1)

Supernatural Gifts:
- Blessed One, Minor (-5)
- Imbue, Minor (-5)
- Stormsage, Minor (-5)
- Imbue, Minor (-5)
- Divination, Major (-10)
- Telepathy, Major (-10)
- Master of Motion, Major (-10)
- Shapeshifting, Major (-10)

Company
Inheritable, All
- Super Senses 0 (-2)
- Temperature Tolerance 0 (-2)
- Strength and Speed 0 (-3)
- Reflexes and Reaction 0 (-3)
- Regeneration 0 (-3)
- Diet 0 (-3)
- Impervious 0 (-3)
- Disease Resistance, Limited (-2)
- Extended Lifespan (-4)
- Genius, Limited (-4)

Items:
- Book of Knowledge (-5)

Drawbacks:
- Temporally Lost (+15)
- Cursed by the Spirits (+20)

Quests:
- Sorcerer Supreme
- An Empire Eternal

Looks like it to me. The description does go into detail about the wrath not causing permanent damage so I'm thinking it's not all that unreasonable to build with the assumption that you'll occasionally suffer wrath. I do hope there's some sort of way to soften the blow in one way or another.

Alright, ladies, here it is. It's my first one, so go easy. How did those blind picks turn out for you?

Those percentages are extremely deceptive though because the whole weekly thing makes it seem a lot less likely to happen if you don't know the math behind it.

A

You write like a poet.

My blind picks Eh, not bad!
Pun magic gives me the ability to change the world.
Futureboy is cute enough for me to ignore his douchebaggery. And the meddling wizard is bound to drag me and Futureboyfriend into all kinds of fun adventures.

Getting fucked by hubris and lack of knowledge? I'm okay with this.

Sounds like a deal. Wordplay Wizard isn't exactly the type of thing I was planning to use but I can just hold on to that while my Amazon waifu and I live in the forest.

Adventures which we'll get through thanks to his future tech and my arcane wordplays. This actually sounds like a lot of fun.

>Genius 3
Hey, I think you're the smartest person of the Shared World.

A calculator for this CYOA docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HPj2GZigvBaJxrDYa98kLGqsVgUD1k6bETinvaiu3cg/edit#gid=0

I still see you having 1 point left
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HPj2GZigvBaJxrDYa98kLGqsVgUD1k6bETinvaiu3cg/edit#gid=2081530981

VikingAnon here

The problem with the flat map is that it makes the northern areas like Greenland look fuckhuge, and the only maps that show it accurately look fucking stupid like pic related.
While I'd definitely like all of Russia, I think it'd be more reasonable if only about the northern half of it was solid blue, and the southern half was contested with Genghis.

My blind picks were Space Fungus, Amazon Prime, and Laser eye surgery.

Amazon is literally perfect for me. Love everything about it.

Space Fungus is so good as well, but the biggest problem for me would be that I don't think the amazon would appreciate another woman living with me, so I'd probably replace this with the meddling magician for some wacky times.

Laser eye surgery is worth it just for not needing glasses anymore, and I drink plenty of water anyway.

We don't have persmission to edit.

+ If you're revisiting this cyoa, I've always considered those bonuses that reduce the price of other stuff to be way too pricy: you need to spend 3-4 points to get a 1 point on reduction on certain purchases but it's almost impossible to buy enough of those discounted purchases to come out ahead.

Blind pick.

Not bad; Treasure, power, and fruit. Nice.

What can the scrolls in Excavation Rites do?

"To use this sheet, use File->Make a Copy...
If you are not logged into Google, this option is greyed out."

Blind picked space fungus, meddling magician and dismal science. So I'll get my brain put into a little girl and have a goo-girl friend, but a wizard will mess things up somehow. I'm ok with this.

The Scrolls I mostly put in for flavor, but I suppose as the thing already acknowledges magic as something that can be learned, it would have to do with that, but at a very academic level. so because they are so ancient and arcane, you need to have some learning in the field to make use of them. maybe some of it could inform your experiments with the apothecary's wares

I mean the water thing was largely for flavor anyway, but yeah.

So as it stands, I think that's been a fun little exercise, I'll probably do more in the near future, unless beri starts up again.

Could you post your updated build? The one linked to in the Dramatis Personae doesn't have Shared World factored in.