Make a new sector/subsector and fluff it out

Anyone want to help make a new sector and flesh it out?

I hope you guys brought your thinking caps.

Where shall we start?

Segmentum Solar, bordering Ultima Segmentum near the galactic core?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Abhuman
astronomynotes.com/ismnotes/s9.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hey there, friend user. Are there any, ahem, canonical parameters to sector sizes? From what I've gathered, each sector seems to contain some 100-200 Imperial worlds, but the actual physical size seems to vary from something like 200 light years diameter to 1500 light years diameter. Any thoughts on this?
Also, to contribute, let's say the sector is plagued by raiders from the nearby Maelstrom. And squats! Homeworlds with squats!

Not sure about the size of the sector.

Probably about 500LY, but chalk full of planets, seeing as how it's that close to the core.

>And squats! Homeworlds with squats!
I like the cut of your jib, lad.
Let's say there's a colony of Squats who have been hunkering down for a while, trying to rebuild their once great civilization. What do you name their world?

>plagued by raiders
is this going to be orks, or d eldar, or chaos?
At any rate, I'm plopping down forge world Xiphon, making the majority of arms for the sector, as well as the necessary mining tools.

Valley Forge, a world of cliffs and clefts, soaring mountain heights and plunging valley deeps. And even deeper secrets. Archeotech secrets.
How are their relations with the Administratum and the Mechanicum, one wonders.....

Space in er, space is actually fairly meaningless. Nobody cares about the void between planets beyond travel time.
Star systems are really all that matter, so areas with dense stars closer to the galactic core are generally smaller than firmware ones due to the number of stars in a given area.
Stars without any notable planets can also cause a sector to appear bigger, as no colony or industry there, so there's nothing for the Administratum to really do with it.

Segmentum Solar, apart from being reasonably hubward has plenty of traffic and thus colonies and so inhabited planets, thus denser sectors.
It's sort of like political jurisdictions today with low population density ones being massive on the map, while cities have multiple crammed in close.

>deldar, ork, or chaos raiders?
Why not all three? One should perhaps be most prominent, but the Maelstrom warpstorm ought to support all three.

Yeah, that splains the physical size differences - one sector could contain 50 stars, another 5000 stars, yet both could contain 200 imperial worlds.

Shall we roll up a couple factions? Can't go wrong with a SM chapter and IG regiment having a base.

actually, we could make Valley Forge an abandoned Forge World. Some crazy cataclysm happened there, and no one's been brave enough to go back, though it would definitely yield some pretty swank rewards... if you survive...

I got a space marine chapter I rolled up once.

Sons of Heaven.

I'll try and post a summary in a bit.

old forgeworld BEING REOCCUPIED BY SQUATS!? Interesting - admech and the imperium 'support' squat efforts to establish a colony on the mysterious and dangerous Valley Forge....make sure it's safe.......from that nasty DAoT shit that went down here..............

The Sons of Heaven

Ancient China themed chapter

You got Space Marines that are believed to have been descended from the White Scars, and do maintain relations with them.

They have a sensitive occulobe mutation, though, and a penchant for terror tactics.

Start off with a homeworld and the duty of watching over a different sector of space, but the one time their chapter master got lost in the warp, and their line of succession not fully hammered out, they got to infighting, becoming Three Kingdoms in Space.

Fortunately or unfortunately, there was a warpstorm that cut the sector off for a period of time. Decades to maybe a century or two. When it lifted, the Inquisition was not happy and had the survivors go on a penitent crusade. Their Homeworld also got taken away from them as a result, so now they're fleet based, having just arrived in the sector.

alongside possible chaos shit, too.

they also have a reverence for Librarians, referred to as Oracles.

Using old 'oracle bones' from their previous homeworld (bones from a dangerous beast with prophetic characters carved into them), the Oracles mix and match pieces to determine outcomes in the future and divine the best approach.

Additionally, the chapter lacks an honor guard. From the experiences of its members who have entered the Deathwatch, they've created Zodiac Warriors: Battlebrothers who are matched into teams based upon their supposed comparability with one another based upon their Zodiac animal (Reflecting the Chinese zodiac). This process is usually overseen by Oracles as well.

Could one also have space stations floating out in the middle of nowhere?

Or would it likely make more sense to have them placed by places with lots of traffic?

The battlefleet of the Sons of Heaven has entered the sector! on penitent crusade to safeguard the squat explorer/colonists from what they might find and to smite the unholy and the xeno!

Spoopy station in middle of nowhere sounds cool. Possibly a relic of the Pharos project? Bustling station - with secrets and a dire fate - could lurk on a major warp nexus. ANd a Deldar port in the webway might be appropriate?

huh, I wonder what we should call this sector?
At any rate, the Sons of Heaven shall use the flagship called.... Ok, I don't know. Blood Dragon?

Depends on the purpose of the station. Research stations in deep space make lots of sense if your researching anything incredibly dangerous/heretical. Listening posts on astronomical phenomena too.
But then, defense stations make no sense without shit to actually defend, you know? People are just going to fly around you.

There's also space hulks of course, but I dont think they count for the Administratum when drawing the lines for a new sector, as they're not Imperial colonies. Unless something very strange happens anyway.

We could make it an abandoned Imperial Station that's not operated by Pirates. Like, human pirates.

>space hulks
You know, speaking of space hulks...

Which would you prefer? DAoT ship or random old Imperial/Admech vessel?

Let's say... the Kandathi Cuthroats. Really nasty pieces of work. Take people for ransom, often raiding the best routes, because their leader is a former Imperial navy officer, Captain Gideon Crow.

ok, I got a name for the sector now.

Voltari Sector.

Also, I rolled up the chapter with unique organization

I was thinking of having the chapter split up, not as 10 companies, but as 3 or 4 'sects'. Each sect has it's own variation on the terror tactics, with the first three being composed of battle groups, while the last one is more for training their initiates and getting the scouts ready.

They are all independent, but do answer to the Chapter Master, called the Shi Fu.

Space hulks are ship graveyards who have drifted together and become one moon sized heaving heal of rust and lower case "c" chaos.
So, why not both? A vast ship from the Dark Age of Technology remains at it's core, with slowly newer and newer -or at least more recently lost- ships including some of Xeno origin making up the outside of the hulk.

There is said to be a fabulous treasure trove of technology at the core, though in truth the rumour is near entirely fictional. The DAoT ship is still there, in theory. Other Imperial ships in the hulk seem to connect to it's systems sporadically, but actually working out where it is in the middle of it all is next to impossible. And finding out what the ship's name, cargo or purpose is flat out undoable.
Still, every now and then someone gets in their head thst they'll be the one to find something of value in there or they need to deny any other faction the opportunity, so they park nearby and head in... and a century later their ship is slowly rusting into place on the outside of the hulk.

I was thinking that the space hulk started out as the DAoT ship, first known as the Sleep of Reason. For what better way to refresh one's reasoning than with a good sleep? Of course, if any of you are familiar with Francisco Goya's artwork, the Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters.

It suffered a gellar field and warp drive malfunction, drifting between real space and the Warp. Gradually, various Imperial Ships and AdMech explorator fleets tried to find it and pry its secrets, only to become lost with the mess as it's malfunctions included them in the mix. Soon, other creatures, such as Orks, Eldar, Tyranids, and the forces of Chaos have found themselves in it.

I also had an idea for a guard regiment, but I haven't rolled it up yet.

Essentially, though, their backstory is thus:

1st Raxarian Penal Legion.

From the Hive world of Raxus, the planet is wrought with political instabilities and backstabbing.
The ruling dynasties have often sent their political opponents and dissidents to the labor camps or the firing squads before, but more recently have decided to put them to other uses in order to curry favor with certain elements of the administratum.

These convicts are expected to die by the droves, constantly replenished by the ever growing prison populace on Raxus. However, they've been given an offer by an Inquisitor going by the name of Halmut. Complete a series of missions for him across the Voltari Sector, no questions asked, and he will overthrow the ruling dynasty on Raxus.

How about we add an anomaly into the sector?

Like, a Warp Fissure that occasionally has daemons and warbands popping out.

or, maybe to make things a bit unique, the part of the warp that it leads to is relatively stable and has some artefacts that can be plundered. You'd just have to get past some warp entities other than daemons to get there. Perhaps not as much as some really daemon infested places, but still quite a challenge.

Who do the Sons of Heaven fight?

well, I did roll up the option for Daemon Prince or some other Disciple of Chaos.

I had half a mind to make it one of the leaders of the infighting factions, who turned to the Ruinous power for help and got mutations or something.

Also, they rolled Rogue TRader as an ally.

Which, I guess kind of makes sense, seeing as how this particular sector deals with quite a bit of mining, so the rogue trader is likely to have his or her hand in the commerce of this particular region of space.

Early cannon had each sector being a cube of space 200 light years on a side. I vaguely recall some more recent FFG stuff making it a little fuzzier and treating the 200 lg stat as a guideline more than a hard and fast rule.

I actually did some math a while ago trying to calculate the stellar population of a "standard" sector. Assuming the regions hospitable to life have a similar stellar density to near solar space, you get 32,000 stars in a region of 8 million cubic light years (200*200*200).
Recent exoplanet research indicates that one in five stars has an earth sized planet in its habitable zone, so each sector would have 6,400 potentially habitable planets in a sector. The 100-200 number you cite is cannon, and the discrepancy can be explained by large numbers of dead or otherwise uninhabitable worlds, many worlds having minor uncharted settlements, and by many worlds being unreachable due to local warp conditions.

so, general numbers:

> ~32,000 stars per sector
> ~6,400 potentially habitable planets per sector
> ~100-200 "worlds" considered significant by Imperial authorities.

thanks for the calcs, user.

on this topic, we could potentially introduce worlds that lie right on the border of the fissure, where the laws of reality are occasionally broken or on vacation.

Think an entire world that looks like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s Zone or the Zones from a Roadside Picnic, only the alien artefacts also include chaos/warp artefacts and there are unexplained structure with their lovecraftian architecture, some floating around, some buried under the surface, delving deep into the depths of the planet.

anomalies every where and dangerous ones, too.

For some reason, daemons generally tend to avoid some of these planets, though other warp entities don't seem to mind so much. Bit of a mystery, eh?

Of course numerous daemon worlds would lie along the edge of the Rift of Perdition. Most are infested by the daemons known to the inquisition which commonly plague mankind, but others are rule by stranger beings born of the ancient nightmares of long extinct xenos races.

quick correction. It's 1/5 of sun like stars, which are themselves only 1/5 of stars. So that's:

> ~1280 potentially habitable planets per sector

Hm, also thought about having some Eldar and Sororitas stationed near the Fissure as well.

Order of the Hallowed Glyph
Order Dialogous Sisters who were tasked with collecting various alien and warp artefacts found around the sector, especially the rift.

Of course, their fortress/shrine world is located at a delta where the majority of warp based entities tend to pour out of.

They started out having rather poor relations with the Ecclesiarchy and their secretive nature didn't make them any friends in the sector. When asking for help defending their homeworld, they got scant words and gestures.

Meanwhile, a Craftworld called Ny-Qah has been guarding an exodite world on the far end of the rift and periodically circles the outer regions to monitor it for anything unusual or to push back any invading warp entities.

An uneasy alliance of sorts developed between the Sisters and the Eldar in this instance, where the aliens helped their human 'allies' with useful information to contain the tide of warp things.

of course, this further increases suspicions on the Sisters, and their support from the Imperium wanes further.

While the 'alliance' has so far maintained a successful, though strained, defense and containment of the Rift, it may not hold for long. There are rumors that some things have managed to slip past in small numbers, and an Inquisitorial inspection is long overdue.

also, how odd would it be to field a regiment or legion of mutants from the Underhives?

Maybe we could come up with a guard army like that for this sector?

which also bring sup the question of: What kind of mutations would be considered tolerable?

At one point the Guard in Epic Scale 40K could field units of "Beastmen" mutants, so it's not against cannon.

Stable mutations that breed true over multiple generations can be designated as "abhuman" and tolerated in the Imperium.

would having things like extra limbs and eyes be considered terribad?

Or unusual features that are adapted to environments?

hey... maybe the admech got to stabilizing a breed of Gland Warriors.

Could be using a test group in this sector for data collection's sake.

Usually yes, but 40K is a sandbox setting so just focus on having fun and being creative. If you want to be "realistic" then accept that lack of symmetry is instinctively disturbing to people IRL, as are features which are unique to an individual rather than common to a group. We could assume that "extra" bits and pieces will be OK so long as they are balanced and symmetrical. A pair of extra arms, or a centauroid body shape might be acceptable in an entire tribe/nation/planet of abhumans, but a 3 foot long tentacle sprouting where your left nipple should be... that's a blamming.

If you want to be Lore friendly, the "beastmen" of GW lore were called that because they had animal like characteristics: fur, claws, horns, etc. This is why the whole thing with "cat girls" being introduced a few years ago wasn't actually a violation of lore.

See: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Abhuman

I've always assumed a fair amount of genetic fuckery goes into the Skitarii and other admech forces.

You know, I remember a guard creation thread where some guys from an ocean deathworld got trained in siege warfare and fought 'nids.

Like, Navy seals doing underwater demolition against aquatic tyranid species as well as assaulting coastal or island fortifications.

We could fluff them as ad mech modified soldiers with gills or something. Fully amphibious in their operations.

The 1280 figure actually works really well in the context of canonical ideas like the age of strife wiping out 90% of humanity, and most imperial sectors having history all the way back to the Dark Age of Technology. One would expect the average Imperial sector to have hundreds of worlds which once hosted human colonies but are now dead worlds littered with the remains of the DAoT. Most such worlds would be uninhabitable (and insanely dangerous), due to warp fuckery, nuclear fallout, lingering bioweapons, and automated defense systems.

This is a big part of why 40K has so much potential as a sandbox setting. With a million worlds parceled out 100-200 a time to each sector, then there's probably around 6,667 (1 mil / 150) sectors in the Imperium; any one of which would be a great space opera setting. Most such sectors would include vast tracts of "wilderness space" and hundreds of dead or lost worlds. Most sectors will have local alien civilizations, rebel/independant human societies, pirate outposts, and daemon worlds.

Not counting Voyager, everything that has ever happened in Star Trek could fit inside a single Imperial sector. Hell, every world ever seen in the Star Wars movies could fit in a few subsectors.

>muh squats
OC ruined with first post, bravo anons

>chalk full of planets, seeing as how it's that close to the core
I thought being in the core meant less planets would be able to survive

If you're in the core sure, but if you're just near it then you're in a region with high metallicity and therefore good planet formation compared to the metal poor population 2 stars found along the galactic periphery.

Actually, the central bulge is also population 2 stars. Population 1 stars suitable for good planet formation are found mainly in the disk.

the point is that most of these worlds are for mining and not so much for outright habitation.

If there is life, it's going to be pretty hardy, mutated, or highly buffered by Imperial technology.

Though, with Imperial Terraforming tech, would these world be made more survivable for normal humans?

>most of these worlds are for mining

Population 1 stars are still prefered as they have higher metal content in their surrounding systems, and thus are more likely to have planets

shit.

so what does the core have in abundance?

Wait, I was wrong: astronomynotes.com/ismnotes/s9.htm

>The bulge stars have metal abundances of 1 to 3 times that of the Sun. Early in the history of the Galaxy, there was probably a lot of star formation and death in the bulge component, so the metal content rose quickly.

I was getting the bulge confused with the halo.

Oh, I got an interesting idea.

There's a cluster of civilized/hive worlds that are spinward in the sector. The Qillion Cluster. They've got good footing with the ad mech, some even having their own forges (like angel forge from DoWII).

They've been part of an admech project Axon, where they've been hooking up a shitload of astropaths together from the various worlds to make a sort of proto/psuedo internet

My own rough calcs have shown me approximately 5000 sectors, so can confirm. Just over 30,000 hive worlds in the Imperium (from a direct geedubs source, once, from unknown edition) gives about 6 hiveworlds per sector.
1000 space marine chapters means 1 chapter per every 5 sectors (so space marines are spread rather more thinly than is generally accepted, and they thus have a helluva lot more on their plates)

>space marines are spread rather more thinly than is generally accepted, and they thus have a helluva lot more on their plates

Yeah, I pretty much assume that a typical chapter will dispatch individual companies to "patrol" particular sectors on journeys which take several years at a time. This actually makes sense of how in the lore you often see Astartes operating on the company scale, and are just as likely to see companies from multiple chapters operating in an active war zone as you are to see multiple companies from the same chapter.

Many sectors won't see any marines for years, and then suddenly a flotilla, consisting of a strike cruiser and several escorts, shows up at an outlying naval base. It's carrying a battle company, a few squads of scouts, and a veteran squad for when things get really hairy. They requisition supplies and intel from local forces and then go out and hit the hard targets the locals lacked the ability to deal with one their own; pirate nests, orc fortresses, rebelling worlds, etc. They solve a couple of otherwise unsolvable problems, then head home. Even for naval officers, the Astartes will be mysterious figures who show up, beat the people you can't handle, and then just fade away.

which can easily be disrupted by an incoming hive/splinter fleet of tyranids.

One second, cross planet communications are going smoothly, allowing for efficient transmission of data and orders. The next, blackouts everywhere and dead astropaths.

or, on the other hand, having enough psychics bound to one another could create a powerful gestalt that could not only survive the shadow in the warp, but also help tap into the tyranid hive mind and help pull out 'nid battleplans, like spying on the bug's comm links and shit.

>pirate nests, orc fortresses, rebelling worlds
Oh, these would be perfect additions to the sector.

Pirate nests, as discussed a bit earlier, could be located on an abandoned Imperial shipyard, surrounded by the hulks and remnants of various ships, orbiting a gas giant. Kandathi Cutthroats.

The love to do a bit of salvaging, and by salvaging, I mean forcefully commandeering and/or breaking down vessels.

and probably black market transporting shit as well.

Ork fortresses, hm...
Well, we could say that the worlds most coreward are swarmed with orks who are normally raging against one another but with the increasing commerce and shipping routes, they've started to look forward to ambushing humies and looting their stuff. They operate out of a number of planets that are fortified against Imperial intrusion.

And as for Rebelling worlds, A movement on the center of the sector has shown dissent, criticizing the high lords for not providing better living conditions for its citizens and advocating a political agenda not unlike the Greater Good...

>Pirate nests, as discussed a bit earlier, could be located on an abandoned Imperial shipyard, surrounded by the hulks and remnants of various ships, orbiting a gas giant. Kandathi Cutthroats.
Kandathi Cutthroats? Or...

>Kandathi's Cutthroats

Black holes and supernovae. Admittedly, the solar/ultima border isn't in the Deep Core, but you would still expect a higher-than normal rate of gamma ray bursts, cosmic radiation, etc. than further out in the arms. And therefore a higher mutation rate, both in humans and native wildlife. Due to the high mutation rate and constant (in geologic time) extinction events, I image native biospheres would come in two varieties: cancerous algae mat, and death world.

>>Kandathi's Cutthroats
ok, that's better.

>death world.
Oh, prime IG and SM recruiting grounds, then.

>cancerous algae mat
which can be ground up as a useful nutrition source, perhaps?

>Left my name on
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

>cancerous algae mat
Sounds tasty. 10/10 would harvest there.

Guys, I think we just found a new class of agri worlds. Oceanic Vegan

LOL

>we all saw the real you

I can dab to this.

>prime IG and SM recruiting grounds

Local chapters and regiments should get bonuses for resisting radiation and heavy metal poisoning.

Possibly a number of rad-resistant abhuman strains around, too.

>Ny-Qah
ok, so this craftworld, I rolled for info, and i got

Plains biome,
common path Healer
prefer lightning warfare/falcon assault
and guardians with support weapons
favored aspect warrior is warpspider
hero is a harlequin troope master who killed a hive tyrant and made the hive fleet bugger off.

Probably why the 'nids are back for revenge.

calls himself Kelrendil of the Masque of the Shattered Heart

Bitter enemies: daemons
Figured we could also throw in necrons into the mix, seeing as how necrons come from radiation blasted worlds like those near the core, and the fact that they have tomb worlds everywhere. Maybe have the forces of the craftworld monitor a number of those worlds.

Like, uh, Daraak's Lament, civilized world that's known as a commercial hub for various algae worlds, having close commerce with the Qillion Cluster worlds.

Should we make the Qillion Cluster the one with the Capital World?
>Order of the Hallowed Glyph
let their fortress world be known as
St. Rhianane’s Sanctuary

Also, where would you Anons place shipyards? Above forge worlds?

Corbalock 9 is a both a boon and peril for the hive worlds of our sector. The Bloat-trawlers harvesting its Sarcomalgae mats provide more edible protein than any other single source in the sector, but the rapid rates of mutation in the scumfroth stock presents constant challenges to the Adeptus Biologis savants who monitor them. On no less than 5 occasions in the past century aberrant protein strains in the Sarcomalgae led to mass hallucinations and riots in the hive cities fed from this world.

Maybe not any tombworlds in the sector, but there are a lot of tombworlds in the less-explored areas further towards the core and there are regular sightings of Necron vessels passing through the sector on the way to other places.
And therefore, a number of secret Inquisitorial and Mechanicus listening posts set up to track those movements. Not a joint operation, as the Mechanicus operations tend to attract closet Hereteks, as anything involving the Necrons tends to.

There's not enough Death Korps in this sector.

I hope their incompetence was rightfully punished?

Have the capital call itself Markovia, named after its glorious leader, Markov the Mad.

a sector's got to at least have one tomb world, man.

I mean, they got to wake up eventually and cause havoc, but if for narrative reasons you don't want them to, then that's just as well.

Hm... come to think of it...I had this lovely idea for a tomb world. Give me a sec...

>I hope their incompetence was rightfully punished?

Of course. Unfortunately, the neural reformatting of the Savants after the first incident lead to loss of valuable experience and precipitated the subsequences crises.

there's probably a death korp like civilization in this neck of the woods. Or a bunch of them.

might be one of the causes for the rebelling worlds

>there's probably a death korp like civilization in this neck of the woods. Or a bunch of them.
I mean literally Death Korps.

Now, just hear me out. Doesn't need to be a big blob of fatalistic murderteens like at Vraks. My idea was just an artillery regiment, stationed somewhere to assist against the enemy.

Imperium loses comms with one of its worlds. Investigation finds everyone on the planet dead. No apparent signs of injury, except for stumbling and falling onto things. No signs of struggle. No lingering indication that poisons of any kind were used.

They all just stopped dead. Further investigation shows that archaelogical excavations were being done across the planet during this time. News came out of something big.

Excavations sites delve deep into the earth and show all sorts of catacombs and tunnels underneath.

And necrons, because fuck you. Only, for some reason, necrons aren't paying that much attention to the intruding Imperials.

Seem to be battling something else deeper in the planet. Further exploration reveals an entity made of pure darkness, radiating an abyss as it lashes out tendrils and attacks Necrons willy nilly. Seems to be some sort of warp entity.

Imperials escape, terrified, Call down exterminatus on the planet. Not sure it actually did the job.

sure, toss in some guys from the Korp, maybe they'll get along with some of the locals for sharing a somewhat similar background.

Fits in with the warp-rift thing.

>Death Korps
>Posted Tempestus Scion

Fuck me.

Looking through my folder, it seems that quartermaster pic was my only Death Korps pic. I suspect Trazyn.

Like, seriously, artillery doesn't get enough love, especially from Death Korps fans.

Artillery regiments are the hammer of the Death Korps of Krieg, the ultimate extension of their stoicism and callousness. The guns of the Death Korps boom day and night to pound their targets to dust, their deaf crews working to maintain the deluge upon the enemies of the Imperium under the worst of conditions, even as counterbatteries respond in kind. Indeed the Death Korps cannoneers are given fully to their charge; when given the order they shall bury a target in shrapnel, whether that target be enemies proper, civilian populations, or even friendlies entwined with the enemy in close combat. Once commanded, the guns will never fall silent until those calling in fire are content with what Krieg has sent them.

you know, as an additional piece of info about the warp rift, it's not like the Eye of Terror in that it engulfed some worlds, it's like real space was there, with stars and planets and shit, but then a tear ripped open and the real space got spread out, leaving nothing but the Empyren in the gaping wound.

Also, did a shoddy job with microsoft pain, but this is how I imagine Ny-Qah's symbol would look like.

Well, there's likely to be some rebelling worlds, so much Krieger support appreciated.

Also, not entirely sure when the rift opened up, but I'd venture that it came about fairly recently, as in after Slaanesh' birth

also, you'd think that necron pylons would prevent a world from getting warp fucked, but no.

>>Order of the Hallowed Glyph
>let their fortress world be known as
>St. Rhianane’s Sanctuary
we could also say that they're situated at a protrusion into the Rfit called the Cape of the Savior's Light.

anyone want to bring in heretics into this mess?

>anyone want to bring in heretics into this mess?
I may have heretics up my sleeve...

ARTILLERY HERETICS.

Yes, I'm Death Korps user. How did you guess?

are you suggesting a chaos counterpart to Krieg arty guys?

hey, guys? how many posts does it take before we autosage?

Very grimdark and 40k - I like it!
I wonder if the Sons of Heaven sm fleet could thus be a kind of 'holy terror' that has arrived in the sector to inflict the Emperor's Will on His subjects?

don't SM normally inspire Holy Terror?

They'd probably be really great at psychological warfare, though.

Also, Sons of Heaven got me thinking.
Sensitive occulobes and terror tactics. Are we sure these guys are white scars? Sounds a bit more like night lords to me.

Yep. Artillery duels make sniper duels look like slap fights.

come to think of it, might be interesting to have a chapter with contradictory history, loyalists but with traitor background, a la blood ravens

Or would that be too overdone at this point?
actually.... How about a corrupted Krieger Regiment? That'd definitely earn the loyalist ire, and it might also add some mystery as to how a Krieger regiment got corrupted and sided with Chaos.

Why does the system think it's spam?!

The planet of Saint Rhianane's Sanctuary is the bastion of the Voltari Sector against the Immaterium's nightmares. It is a fortress world most blessed by the God Emperor, covered in shrines dedicated to Him, warded against the creatures of the night. It is the first line of defense against the forces of Chaos that pour forth from the warp rift, protected by holy sanctions, the Sisters of Battle, and the Imperial Guard's most faithful soldiers. Where there are not cathedrals there are miles of defenses, deep trenches and thick fortress walls. All the time new regiments of the Imperial Guard come to Rhianane's Sanctuary to bolster the ranks exhausted in the latest Chaos incursion, selected for their loyalty and skill in battle. Among these new regiments is the 2781st Artillery of the Death Korps of Krieg, bringing with them the big guns that shatter worlds and smash the enemy. Its soldiers are callous and hard of hearing, willing to perform fratricidal fire missions and barely able to hear the order to stop when the order is given.

Their commander, Colonel "Varheim" , is legendary, at least by Krieg standards. At the age of 44 he is ancient for a Krieg, though he seems much older due to his ravaged body that is slowly succumbing to cancer. He is one of those few among the Guard - and especially among the Death Korps - who has lived to return to the fatherland, surviving nuclear fire and lethal cancer to come back to Krieg when his command was vaporized in an atomic exchange. A veteran determined to hide his weakness and prove his worth, Varheim remains vigilant on the defenses of Saint Rhianane's Sanctuary, keeping his cannon prepared for whatever the enemy brings to the battle, and fighting to survive his terminal illness long enough to be useful to the Imperium.

Okay, it was Varheim's numeric designation.

>actually.... How about a corrupted Krieger Regiment? That'd definitely earn the loyalist ire, and it might also add some mystery as to how a Krieger regiment got corrupted and sided with Chaos.
Chaos is penises, there's no mystery about that. I was thinking something original however.