The players build a small base atop a towering slab of limestone

>The players build a small base atop a towering slab of limestone

>The players return to their base to rest and restock after every adventure

How would you stop this?

Why would you stop this?

Random click pic

This. Literally why?

Why would I? That's how they've chosen to invest their resources, it makes sense, doesn't seem out of sorts with the setting, etc. if anything I would be inclined to reward them with shift to make that place more comfy-- nice rugs, golem butlers, stuff like that

TPK them with an unwinnable, inescapable enemy. That'll show them to try to do things, hue hue hue hue hue hue

>players make cool thing
>they have fun with it
You're a shit DM if you think there's any reason to make people stop having fun.

Seems like a lot of effort for a small reward, but who cares?

Suicidal isis dorfs blow it up?

Kidding, but just put a fuck ton of elephants angry elephants outside of it. Maybe have some random graffiti pop up on it depicting highly disturbing images of creatures screaming on fire and such. Oh and add lava, that always heats things up.

All in all, make it a horrible place to go to and they will move da base.

Blast out the base of the stone.

But why? They've built a nice base, let them enjoy themselves. Everyone needs a home.

What's wrong with them doing that? I am legitimately curious as to why you would want to stop that.

Anyways, you can have it looted while they were gone or simply have it fall over because of some bullshit earthquake that you "rolled for" behind the scenes.

OP obviously just wants replies, just report and hide guy.

You don't.

Why would you even want to?

Don't stop it. Just starts throwing in some complications - small ones at first but keep escalating. At the same time, encourage them to keep improving the base. And bigger the base, the worse they have to go through to defend it. Drag them through
>muh sunken costs
far beyond the reasonable point.

I stop this disgusting use of a stationary home base by revealing the rock is actually a rich, natural cavorite ore deposite, allowing them to easily turn it into a FLYING MOBILE base of operations.

>"We want a sofa"
>"Lol, good luck dragging it up 50 feet of cliff"

That's pretty close basis of my post-apocalyptic game, with visits to and from the fortress for food, weapons, medicine and supplies are broken up with going back to perform repairs, grow food, heal and listen to the HAM radio for other settlements.

The ratio of people useful for guard duty to people that aren't is getting worrying. There isn't much defense around if the whole group of player characters leaves.

well, if you're the DM, one possibility you could do is let players roll up secondary characters and rotate the party around a little.

By making loud welfare neighbors who cause the property value to drop.
>Go on epic quest to clean up the neighborhood. Host a community flea market, or banquet. Then bring home a cool tables and chairs set, maybe even a sectional.

By making the landlord loudly pound on the door demanding rent
>Go on an epic quest to find the rent money, save the princess from a dragon, and steal the dragons beanbag chair

By forcing the players to move out after a hidden gas pocket explodes.
>The gas pocket explosion reveals an ancient underground race of monsters, then steal their rugs, and their kings laz-e-boy.

By revealing the house is built on an ancient limestone golem
>Which now means the players can go on an epic quest to create their magically enhanced golem fortress. Possibly covered in armor, or gems also, maybe find a cool rock ornament for your house

Or

Be the no fun boring DM and say it's destroyed, and say the following:
"You aren't the players, I am the player, you are monkeys who don't know anything, I am smarter and cooler than you and I control everything, go fuck yourselves, you don't need a house you homeless fucks. Now go do this campaign adventure and shut the fuck up."

Let them know you hate them, and you don't wanna ever play the game again.

If you really want to make your point, shoot yourself in the head while giggling like an insane person.

Wait until they establish it as a safe haven from the surrounding dangers and beloved NPCs start taking refuge and hanging out, setting up shops for them to resupply at, bringing their families, ect. Then have the BBEG track down their base and make the defense/destruction of their home a big dramatic set piece so it's actually fun and engaging instead of you pulling something out of your ass after realizing that you gave the players something you wish you hadn't.

Then when the PCs are forced into a nomadic lifestyle, leading a caravan of broken families through a hostile environment on the run from the BBEG's superior force and things seem like they can't get any more hopeless give them something cooler.

>The players see their worst nightmare in their reflection

How would they stop this?

That could be a fun idea. Let them build some of the NPC's they have recruited as weaker (100 point or so) characters that can be taken out on missions or left home for defense. Anyone not on the A-Team can get a side story like defending the fort then switch back to the main group for the rest.

bcus its EPIC for TEH WINXZZZZ!!!!
Veeky Forums CULTURE !!!!

If you really want to stop it I guess you could have an enemy follow him.

>Every time they return, the base is full of goblins and all the supplies have bee looted.
It would get tiresome.

Thanks for that insightful comment. I now realize my opinion only furthers "THE WINXZZZZ!!!!". Obviously that is a wrong thing to do, because you spelled it wrong and obnoxious in a sarcastic manner.

>tfw the DM turns the campaign into an Arma 3 server.

The friendly neighbor on the sandstone tower next door.
>Uh huh, ya'll forgot tuh lock yer back door, mhm...shoulda locked the door. Mmhmm... I sell goblin repellant...500gold, lasts 1 month...mhmm.

Other neighbor in the clay tower
>Well I can slay the goblins for you, 500g a month and the sandstone tower guy sucks, and he's old.

The players find out they have a tower between feuding neighbors

Enlarged Turn Stone to Mud cast multiple times by an angry enemy caster.

>limestone
They narrowly escape a massive ooze in a cavern below the mountain, it slowly follows them and eats the rock accidentally with its acid.

>The OP is a titanic shitstain who insists on posting this again and again under the guise of "worldbuilding", "thought experiments", and "plot hooks"

>It's always one or two lines of greentext and occasionally a brief third line

How would you stop this?

Unfortunately, he's not breaking any rules. I wish Hiroshimoot would write something up to ban "Elf slave wat do" threads like this.

Why is that man taking a selfie with Professor Quirrell?

fuck!

look at her reflection

>Agent double oh-tism

Enlarged flesh to stone by the angry party caster, the enemy one is now the Tower of Angry Enemy Caster.

Stop it? you dont.

but you do have the local lord/earl/king take umbrage at them having taken up residence without paying tax...

I was in a campaign where the players spent all the spare coin / epic loot / mythic monster parts on making a pimping boat.

The campaign had nothing to do with boats / sailing / water in general and in fact took place in the mountains.

Have a town grow up around it with crafts people that can help supply them. Then give them the option to build up fortifications and other upgrades.

WTF

whats with the reflection?~

They come home to find someone sieging the tower.

I can easily imagine it going the way of the archangel mission in mass effect 2. One of their allies have holed up in the tower while they were looking for them, and some enemies determined to take him out have surrounded it.

A mad wizard moves into their tower, refuses to leave, eats all their food and doesn't do the damn dishes.

No one should be made to suffer to that extent.

Photoshop most likely.

Arrange for far away adventures with a timing between them that doesn't allow them the luxury to restock.
Ex : "The evil blood baroness has been defeated before she could perform her end of the ritual in the ancient ruins of long-lost demon-worshipping civilization in the South. Also, the locals thank you for saving their daughters and sons from certain, painful death."
"-Great. We take the night to party and then go back to base so we can rest and..."
"-Among the loot, the cleric found the notes of the baroness, including her correspondance with associates..."
"-Ah !! And we even have our next target !! We can study this on the road, prepare at the base for the next strike !!"

**** A LITTLE LATTER, ON THE ROAD *****

"-The Cleric read the letters and found an alarming information. The letter is dated from two moons ago.
Apparently, the artic ruins weren't the only place involved in the ritual.
It had to be triggered from multiple places at once and then allowed time to build up magic before the souls of all elves could be sucked up, granting near-immortality to those involved in the ritual.
The letters are mainly about coordinating so all associates could start the ritual on the same night.
Stopping one part of the ritual didn't make it fail, as there were enough places of power to allow for redundancy. It just push back the final countdown for elf genocide.
The ritual was carried on the day after you killed the baroness. It's been 2 weeks now.
You have very precious little time to find another of these place of power and destroy whatever catalyst is being used...and in so doing, push the deadline further.
If you don't haste, you might not have enough time to destroy all catalysts and all efforts will be for naught !!"

They don't know how much time they have but they know it's running short.
If they are really badly hurt, make one of the locations closer to their current position, so they think they are somehow winning the race and take it slower.

>the supplies have bee looted
>bee
>Looted
>BEE LOOTED

Have other adventuring parties consistently raid it believing it's the lair of some evil creature. Make them much lower level than the PCs.

The other parties are mostly enormously apologetic, but it totally fucks the place up, and it's really inconvenient. Some act like entitled pricks, as they are murderhobos.

Occasionally the PCs my come back to find all their grog has been drunk and a classic RPG party sleeping off a hangover in their den.

It'll be fun as they have to start investing time and resources into warnings for adventurers as well as non-lethal traps.

> Why the fuck do you have such a remote evil looking lair if you're just adventurers like us??

> What the fuck do you want a big fucking smiley face above it!???

Remind them that they'll need to set up a means of GETTING back into their base once they leave, and that's not happening unless they can fly.

I wouldn't because I'm not a cunt.

Or someone standing behind them, on the other side of the glass wearing dark cloths + scarf so only their face shows through the reflection.

>it's a highest feature for miles
>thunderstorms are frequent in the are
>lightning bolts normally strike the highest thing

Have an alchemist pour lots of sulphuric acid at the base of the tower:

H2SO4 + CaCO3 --> CaSO4 + H2O + CO2

Earthquake

Basically this, OP sounds like an asshole who wants his adventurers to be nothing else than murderhobos.