Mecha Space Pirate Quest XLIV

Welcome back, everyone, to Mecha Space Pirate Quest's 44th installment! Due to a last-minute snafu at work, I have to be up very, very early tomorrow...so tonight's thread is going to pause early, I'll bump it during the couple of hours I have at the office Saturday, and continue when I get off work in the early afternoon. Hopefully we'll be at a good stopping point then. It worked pretty well last time, after all. As always, you know who you are. The Bull of Io, the Boxer, the Black Ogre himself, Roarke Starwind of the Iron Kestrels.

Although I haven't finished adding the stats of your transport to your pirate fleet (it's a standard Striker with a single Light Beam Battery and two mechbays that hold a total of 20 machines), the rest of them are up (and cheeky peekies will observe an interesting plot point if they're perceptive). Your pirate fleet now consists of six starships, with a whopping 303 mecha between them. The transport itself has no aces and no pilots, it's used to ferry important people from the other ships around. The Heart of the Sunshine (for which Red Siren has rejected half a dozen new names) is NOT on this list, and neither is the Archen, because she's an independent sort of girl.

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mecha Space Pirate Quest, Collective Game, mecha
Master Pastebin: pastebin.com/sSHs0QmF
Upgrade Menu: pastebin.com/QQQzkFZe
List of Moves: pastebin.com/HSdyCe2y
Rogues' Gallery: pastebin.com/E9ZcDLfG

Last time, we learned a little about Roarke as a younger pilot, you gave Mohammed some good advice about girls, Cornelius confirmed Fatima's condition, and Avalon attacked the Gate of Mars with three of their titanic lance-shaped warships. You, sitting in a transport without enough guns to scratch a proper warship and just twenty mecha at your disposal, wisely decided to leave in the confusion with Fatima in tow.

Let's see how successful you are, shall we?

Additionally, after running a few simulated battles between the new Rhinehawk and a Wels-class, I decided to give your flagship an additional buff. As a smaller ship, its main advantages were speed and tankiness. After concluding that the Rhinehawk's best bet to beat a Wels' massive fore'ard battery is maneuvering behind it, I significantly increased its speed to represent its massive engine portfolio and the maneuverability imposed by having six wings. Almost unheard of for a ship of that size, the new Rhinehawk can execute a full 180-degree rotation in a single turn and on its own outrun most anything the UJCIDF can throw at it.

Huh one of the captains has an A class crew, interesting

I'm also using the player-submitted Roc, with some modifications.

As it stands, heavy Vernier use, overcharged powerplants, and bio-powerplants are technology that, if it currently exists, is not in the hands of pirates. Similarly, since I was flat-out wrong when I said thruster and vernier systems couldn't be affected by Space Efficiency, I'm lumping that in there too. All of these things are possible and CAN show up...but that's technology that you, Roarke Starwind, do not currently have access to until you loot a mech that uses them.

And apparently their Stone Soldiers, very interesting

The Goshawk, formerly the missileboat Orestes of the Green Skulls pirate fleet, has no captain currently and only a complement of Harpies. This is because it didn't come from a pirate crew that joined you, but was reconstructed from the gutted hulk of one of Galbadie's vessels. You might want to consider who you put in charge of it, and its name might change if you choose one particular NPC or another.

That Harold guy seems pretty strong too.

How come Clemmy and her mech isn't under the Rhinehawk?

He does, we should really spend some time with our two new captains

Man at what point did Roarke's seduction reach 6, fucking +16 to seduction is crazy, who is there left to use this on?

Plenty of girls we haven't met yet user

Whats the Roc packing again?

Because I forgot. 304.

All one-handed Bluegill weapons. They don't have a standard loadout.

Ahh the bigger harpy is it? Fucking computer died and now I have to comb through past threads to check pastebins.

I've been trying to think up things we should do at some point soon, anything else I'm missing?

>Spend time with Athena, maybe take her for a ride in the Kaiser
>Talk to Clemmy about her past and being stranded
>Do and interview with Gretchen to hype up our tournament
>Organize security and cameras for that plus Red Siren's concert
>Bond with Duncan over dead brothers
>Talk to Sam about her maid thing
>Give Rosita her gift
>Talk to Fatima and find out if she's Dejah Thoris
>Figure out who Oda's waifu is
>Meet our new ship captains

Kill that fucking rock.

"How come nobody ever picks a fight when I have my warship with me anymore?" You grumble.

"The last time you had the Rhinehawk, the Green Skulls were torn to shreds." Cornelius smiles peacefully as the forces of gravity press down on both of you, the ship rumbling as it rockets out of the atmosphere and the pressure decreases.

"The entire galaxy is cowards." You grumble.

"I'm sure if you put in a call to the UJCIDF they would be happy to oblige you." Cornelius' smile grows even more tranquil. You wonder if he's been dipping into the painkillers.

You glance anxiously over at Fatima. Her chest rises and falls with her quiet breathing. You check the straps on her cot, making sure she's adequately strapped down.

"...Besides, this is going to be all over the airwaves! In fact, I know it is. I listened in." Cornelius' wrinkled face smiles even more, if possible, "Your reputation will grow even more. Jeremy would be proud."

"I hope so. The old man did right by me, I want to do right by his memory." You smooth back Fatima's hair from her face, pushing it away from that hateful circlet without directly touching the metal. "Why did Avalon show up now?"

"Mmm. Probably because it was all over the airwaves that you were causing a stir outside New Medina." You jump nearly a foot in the air and turn around to glare reproachfully at Samantha, who smiles cutely, "Sorry for sneaking in. I was wondering the same thing. I have no proof, but if I was them, I would have somehow infiltrated or hijacked a satellite or maybe tapped into one of the floating ansibles and waited for a good opportunity to strike. Or they could have slipped an agent onto Mars itself and had him call their ship at the opportune moment. The timing of this attack was too precise to be a coincidence." The former Corporal goes up on tiptoe, glancing over your shoulder at Fatima curiously.

[Continued]

Yay! My Roc was used! It is a good day today.
Last thread I posted it.
Looking for things to loot and plunder should also be on that list. Got to get some good stuff for the shit going down.

Did we ever get a picture of what Ozark looked like?

I imagine him looking a bit like blackbeard but without the fuses.

I was think Long John Silver from Treasure planet

That goes without saying user, whats a pirate without looting?

Joseph Joestar Stardust Crusader arc

..So he dressed in drag in his younger days?

"I've been listening in to reports of the attack, the Holy Militia was about to descend on the surface after you and Rashad when Avalon showed up. They were caught out of position, and the Duke's forces were able to launch a concerted alpha strike on the gate." She sighs heavily, looking worried, "It's not destroyed, but it's been heavily damaged and won't be usable for a while. Those ships of theirs are no joke...but that's all Avalon could do. Three ships against dozens isn't a fair fight, an-" She stops talking and stares at the display. You glance at it too.

"That's a Wels-class coming out of warp." You say, mildly.

"That's the Cincinnatus coming out of warp, yes." She replies. Another ship comes into view around the curve of the planet, with Jovian lines, but bigger than any Wels you've seen, "...I don't know that one, but I feel like Avalon is going to have a very, very bad day today." She sounds a little bit smug.

You grunt in acknowledgment. You can't help but grudgingly respect Eustace's commitment to his people, there's a good chance of him dying or being captured if he doesn't pull back. but he's accomplished his objective of limiting the reinforcements Mars can send to the Extrasolar Division of the SSL's Joint Forces. If Fatima was awake, you're sure she would be livid. Despite that respect, though, Eustace is a Green Men sympathizer and a genetically modified human. If it was one-on-one, you might kill him yourself just for that.

>[Meanwhile, a short time ago on Mars...]

That happened once and it didn't fool the nazis for a minute.

Here's what he looked like as a young man.

Makes sense

"Where is Rashad!? I want him dead! I want his mech dead! I want his head on a doily on my new desk NOW!" General Fairchild snaps into her PC.

Josiah McAllister's voice, by contrast, is calm and unruffled, "How fortuitous, but don't you think a doily isn't enough? You'd get blood everywhere." In the background, one can hear the shriek of a mech's thrusters winding down, and the sound of metal scraping against metal.

"Not my problem. Rashad and that THRICE-DAMNED ROARKE STARWIND are!" The General glares at the staff members staring at her until they get back to work preparing her shuttle for takeoff.

"You're incorrect. Commodore Abujamal is dead. It seems he found what he was looking for, perhaps he's finally at peace." The pilot priest's tone doesn't change one iota.

"He caught up with Starwind's squad?" Fairchild heaves a sigh of relief, leaning against the wall as the shuttle lifts off towards the Iulia Maesa, hovering in orbit off the shipyards of Phobos. "Good, against a team of pirate captains and aces, it's not surprising. He took at least one with him, right? I hope he peeled apart that pompous slut Red Siren's cockpit and carved her like an overdressed turkey."

"I'm afraid no such thing transpired. According to my sensors, the heat trails from Starwind's squadron continue on past this point. One stayed behind, and put an end to poor Rashad personally. At first I thought the Khanda Custom had suffered a malfunction and exploded in the desert, but closer examination of the shrapnel reveals that its main body was already shredded when he likely deliberately detonated it. It seems its fin array was literally battered apart, and the main body's armor was literally dug into until his enemy reached the cockpit. One set of tracks leaving the area on foot, I ran the prints through my mech's computer. It's not exact but the prints generally match those of a Thoroughbred MP from the War. Do you want me to cover it up?"

[Continued]

General Fairchild's hand shakes. She takes several deep breaths, inwardly going to her happy place. An isolated garden. A beautiful tennis coach at the Academy. A summer day too warm for clothes. She makes a decision, "No. There isn't any point, he'll have footage of this on the holonet within a few days. Although his motives may have been noble, even though the story will play well with certain segments of the public, a clear and present crime has been committed. Let's not dirty our hands with this one, and let the public decide for itself."

"How atypical, Hermione. Do you perhaps have some sympathy for the poor Martian princess?" McAllister's voice is amused.

"Keep a civil tongue in your head or I'll cut it off, priest. I didn't know Rashad was using one of THOSE to keep her in line. Both of them are disgusting, abominable men, and the only thing wrong with one of them killing the other is that I didn't get to put a plasma bolt through the winner's groin when they were done beating their chests and having their little gorilla fight. Get Ensign Young and prepare to...oh what the hell is it now!?"

At precisely that moment, the Avalonian ships pop out of warp and commence their attack.

[Continued with you]

In some alternate universe Space Military quest is REEEing almost constantly

As a side-note. Haman Karn is one of my favorite gundam characters and an absolute badass. I hope nobody reading this quest who subsequently decides to watch Zeta and ZZ Gundam judges the Regent of Zeon by the General Fairchild in my quest.

Jesus, Mr. Rejoice must have some pull/be seriously useful to talk back to Fairchild. Called her by her first name too.

What are you talking about? In Space Military Quest we play as Lieutenant Roarke Starwind of SOUL A as he cleans the solar system of pirates like Keith 'Lucifer' Young.

He's probably high up in the church and if she kills him she might ruin their backing

No I was talking about the other universe where we Play as Fairchild

By the sounds of it, while First Mate seems to be more the muscle, Josiah is likely her eyes and ears, serving as her covert unit. Which is funny considering he's the public face for the first mate.

You watch the battle unfold. The Avalonian ships are starting to look rather ragged, but space is littered with the husks of smaller Martian cruisers. Gradually, the Avalonian formation breaks, taking advantage of a momentary lull to split up and dart away in separate directions. As it does, you see that you were wrong. There weren't three ships, there were five. Two of them are smaller, likely vessels that flew in on sublight speed instead of warping in, probably scout vessels of some kind. They're still easily big enough to be heavy cruisers, if not full-sized battleships.

One of them is, unfortunately, coming in your direction and moving faster than you are, and you're still not far enough away from Mars to safely activate your microgate projector and blow this pop stand.

Painted a vivid blue and gold, this particular Avalonian vessel is extremely damaged, half of its beam batteries are melted to slag and its flight is wobbly. From a glance you'd say that all of its weapons systems, CIWS turrets included, have been damaged. As far as its mech complement, you'd hesitate to say they've all been destroyed, but the Martians and the Avalonians both were killing each other's mecha at a truly horrific pace during the battle.

>[Continue running, a few more minutes and you'll be able to gate and it has no reason to fuck with you, right?]
>[Hail it over the comms]
>[It's hurt pretty badly, why not hijack it and add another ship to your collection? The legend of Roarke Starwind must grow, after all]

>>[Hail it over the comms]
Lets figure out who were dealing with before we make a decision

Seconding, we can be friendly before we kick their teeth in and take the booty.

>[It's hurt pretty badly, why not hijack it and add another ship to your collection? The legend of Roarke Starwind must grow, after all]
We are a pirate after all. And they are green man loving degenerates so no one will even be mad at us.

Hail it before trying to capture it. At the very least it may give us more information.

> Hijack it!

And besides, sweet sweet tech and intel.

Surprise is a powerful thing user, if we act nice to them over the comms and they let their guard down it'll be easier to take over, we could offer to bring it to our colony for repair

Having most of their shit totaled is pretty powerful too and pretty much negates the need for us to dance around like that.

Just say "There's no time to explain, follow me!" then when they port with us we tell them "yeah, we're keeping your ship, but you lot are all free to go back to your buddies."

We may be pirates. Yeah, nah, we're assholes, too.

Ya but we know that Avalon does genetic modification so their soldiers might be brick shit houses and hijacking the ship might lose us a lot of men, its better to play it smart when you don't know all the details

They will still be brick shit houses later and we would probably loose some guys taking them out no mater when we fight them if they are. Might as well take them out while they are fatigued and shaken from battle

There's our gunboat. Besides, no risk, no gains.

At least lets have them gate away with us so that one of the other Avalon ships doesn't come to help them

Also, we're trying to get away because our hurt waifu user.

"Cornelius. Take over, keep her safe. I'm going to go deal with this." You take Samantha and head for the bridge.

You want to steal this ship. You want to steal it and any sweet, new mecha on board. You want to plunder it and go from a six-ship fleet to a seven-ship fleet. First, though, you need information, so you decide to hail them and figure out what they want while their ship is following yours around like a curious labrador retriever sniffing after a cocker spaniel.

Unfortunately, they beat you to it. A woman's voice, lightly accented and absurdly confident, rings across the bridge's comms.

"Bonjour, little peasant ship! Don't be scared, now, I'm about to make you very, very rich if you just be good little serfs and give us a teensy bit of help, non? Please, give coordinates for a safe path for us to avoid the dread Saracens and their allies. You must be fleeing too, why don't we go together, non?"

>[What say?]

They've gated in just now. They need another 24hrs b4 they can gate out again.

We cant even gate away yet, never mind the other ships have a martian fleet between them and us.

The issue I see is that we are assuming that they are fully done right now and that they have no mechs at all. As is, we have no data about their ship or mech compliments, so using the parlay to scan and gather data would be a good idea. If they are going to be hostile, then we get their shit. If they surrender, we get their shit and can ransom them back to whomever we want AND get intel.

Well shit now we have to trick them. Little peasant ship my balls.

>We'll I never been one to not help a lady in distress, I'll guide you to a little colony I go to when I need to lie low

Once we get her their bring out the rest our fleet and strong arm her to surrender

This is one of the smaller ships that approached under sublight, presumably they can gate they just don't know anywhere safe to go. Duke Eustace de Rothschild-Beauchamps landed practically on top of a Wels-class and Suleiman 1 and made it out alright, but his ship was significantly bigger than this and the firefight destroyed a colony.

>Madamoiselle Captain, we are free men, not serfs. Everything we do has a price.

Yea, let's play nice then crawfish and take their shit.

She's already promising to make us rich.

...aaaaaand for that she gets ransomed. Sure, set her up with our meeting spot and get her to 'Meet' our fleet. Bloody space Marie Antoinette.

>wat say?
>"we gon plunder you lak waifu booty!"

Nah.

> Fake scared, but cool scared
> Say, ok, we're heading to a deep space point...
> Go first, exit gate
> Crash priority battle stations for all Kestrel and allied vessels, full alpha launch.
> Space elves come thru.
> Surrender the booty
> Warning shot too
> Dis gon be good.

Pretty much, but lets call the fleet first once we get off the phone and tell them to prepare to launch when we give the signal then before we gate tell them to come out

We can even offer to settle it through single combat, they seem to be super about honor and all that.

Oh right, give me a Fast Talk & Persuasion roll. 1d10+14, first come, first served. Just for fun. You can spend luck on it, too, because I plan on counting the part of the thread tomorrow as a separate session, and thus your luck will have regenerated.

This is a good idea. Lets add that.

We would have to send someone else though since our robot has a giant laser claw sticking out of it.

Rolled 9 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

Time to be our charming self add 4 luck to this

New plan

>exit gate, set up
>Space elves come thru
>"Elf waifu, surrender YOUR booty!"

The twist
> Roll nat 10
> get french elf waifu and ship

Or...
>Roll anything else
>single combat

Yaaarrrrr....

Noone else roll.

Rolled 10 + 16 (1d10 + 16)

We haven't rolled to seduce in a while, lets see what the dice think

you say that like it wouldn't help us. Besides, with the flappy arm bit I bet it looks like a scarf.

Roarke Starwind; well on his way to seducing goddesses.

Man o man Thunder. I do hope this is happening, Elf waifu could be fun.

>new plan
>nat 10
>MFW...

YAAAARRRR!!!

Yeah it'll be real stylish until someone prods it and it blows our generator out our asshole.

...So it seems that Roarke is making the RNG Goddess moist.

What if you just had us seduce Sapce Kirito's Asuna haha. Then we would have an entirely new person to REEE at us!

Stealing people's girls is a Starwind family pastime, We stole Clemmy from Fairy, our dad stole our Mom from Fairy, and hopefully one of our sons will steal another girl from Fairy

And I'm totally okay with that.

No, the child who stole Fairchild's next target is the daughter who dresses like a guy.

Man, that post was almost a friggin riddle homie. At least say Moe stole the damn girl.

"Mademoiselle Captain..." You inject a note of awe into your voice, "From anyone else, I would not trust their sincerity, but you, your voice has the angelic chords of a gentlewoman. You are of the highest noble blood, are you not? It would be my duty, nay, my privilege, to assist you in any way possible."

"Oui, monseuir!" You can hear her preening, "My word, I had not expected the master of such a small and unimpressive vessel to be so discerning. I have misjudged you sorely, your words have the gallant timbre of a true knight, a man I could trust with my virtue as well as my life. Mon chevalier, such a man should not pilot this little...what is the word...brig? Non, it is more like a dinghy. You should be resplendent in my colors, piloting a gallant mech for ze honor of the Lady and the Queen."

You heave a fake sigh, "Alas, I once had a far greater vessel than this, yet fate and ill fortune conspired to leave me with this tiny vessel, hauling cargoes to make my bread."

"Tragique! Unjust!" She gasps, "Mon poor peasant knight, so mistreated. Despite the mud on your hands, I shall lift you up and make you one of my footmen. Trust your Countess Loriette Marie le Kennedy, I will comfort you."

"I shall serve you always, my lady." You vow melodramatically, making a gesture like milking a cow to Red Siren, Karen, and Oda Yoritomo, who all grin wickedly, "I know of a colony where the military dogs do not go, free from their taxes and their battleships."

"...You do not pay taxes? Well, I suppose all men must have some flaws, I always have believed that a good, firm taxing, it keeps the peasants in line and makes them appreciate their simple lives more." She momentarily sounds disappointed, then cheers up, "Ah, do not be despirited, mon chevalier, a noble spirit like yours should not pay them in the first place, non? Ohohohoho! This is the most important day of your life, for upon our arrival you shall formally enter my service."

[Continued]

>le Kennedy
Oh were gonna show her a missile crisis alright

>small ship cause fate and ill fortune.
>exit gate

"Where's my ship? Oh, THERE it is!! So forgetful of me. Hello big ship."
"Hello, O admiral, our admiral."
"....Fire."

That's after we invade her bay of course.

...Lee Harvey Oswalt

The first mate? yes, unless that means using a gun, then no.

"...As my most trusted of knights. You shall wear my favor into battle, and be by my side in every joust. Do you pilot, mon duckling? I shall teach you, you shall want for nothing, not even the most private of lessons from your Countess. Your voice is so soothing, I could enjoy it all day, even with the godless Saracens after us. Oh, as for your underlings, I am sure I could find them work most meaningful in my stables or maintaining my beloved Anseis. It is a kindness and an honor, non?"

"Non." You reply, with a cheeky smile. Clemmy is looking around in confusion, but then suddenly light dawns, and she grins. Samantha is covering her mouth, trying not to laugh.

"I am most eager to meet you in person, my dear...my dear...OH! How clumsy! How unforgivable of me! In my haste and rudeness, I did not ask your poor little name, oh duckling I am so sorry! So repentant! Such tactlessness, even to an inferior, is beneath the honor of one of the Twelve Peers."

"Countess, my Countess, it is alright, you have done nothing wrong. I am Dude McCool, of Io." Your teeth glitter as you smile, even though she cannot see it. You put a hand on your chest, posing dramatically like a lead actor on the stage, "Follow me closely, I am sending you the coordinates now."

"Oui~" Her voice becomes rather...shy... "I am looking forward to meeting you in person. Perhaps...non, depending on your skill, it would be an insult to make you my squire, but it would be a good way to learn if you are inexperienced with Striders. We shall see, duckling. Either way, your life of paradise has begun."

Comms end. You take a bow, and your companions burst into applause.

[Continued]

Roarke once again proving he is the best in the solar system

This ham is delicious. How shocked do you think she'll be at our sudden betrayal?

Flabbergasted. Completely flabbergasted.

She'll be heartbroken She'll come around when we give her a personal tour of the colony

That seduction roll happened. However, it will blossom gradually. She might be very cross with you, but you still rolled a 26 to seduce her, which will linger and have interesting results.

So we made her Tsundere? Challenge accepted.

We got Fatima to come around, we can do this

"Seven. Ships." You announce as the helmswoman sets a course and the ship prepares for warp, followed by the Avalonian vessel.

"Hahahaha! Roarkey~ You're stealing from Avalon~" Clemmy pinches one of your cheeks, "What a patriot." She kisses you once, then again, with a hunger most fierce. You put your arm around her, and she nuzzles against your shoulder, "Even Fairy wouldn't be mad at that~" She perks up suddenly, "Oh! I should message her! She should be at our wedding as my maid of honor, then when we have babies she can be a fairy godmother!"

"I don't think that's a very good ide-" Sam starts, probably trying to gently dissuade the Butcher, but Karen puts a hand over her mouth and shakes her head quickly.

"I'd say the ham was a little thick-cut, but the meal itself was delicious...and the whine to come at its conclusion will be very sweet." Rosita grins smugly, "Roarke, my little duckling."

"My dirty peasant boy~ Perhaps a riding lesson? Fufufufu~" Sam's eyes flash, and she licks her lips.

"Mon chevalier~" Karen bats her eyes, snickering, "Oh yes, wear MY favor into battle~ All fifty-nine-point-five tons of invincible, perfectly engineered, PERFECTION of favor~"

All four of them break out into simultaneous gales of laughter.

[Continued]

IT JUST KEEPS HAPPENING

Best. Girls.

Just wait till women start betraying the Jovians in the hopes that we'll sleep with them

Source and context please.